Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

sticklefifer posted:

Nakamura would be fine with an NXT stint provided he never left NXT and they changed nothing about him, including his name, like a Samoa Joe contract. Also if they put Bryan in NXT and built a half hour Nakamura/Bryan match at a Takeover, and then both could retire so they don't die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
WWE hiring Mick Foley's kid reminds me of Game of Thrones, where conquered nations would be forced to send children to study/work for their enemies to be held as hostages.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The Nakamura stuff comes from a single Court Bauer tweet stating that they're interested in him. I love watching Nakamura but they'd be idiotic to sign a 35 year old with a history of concussions and a very bad back. I doubt he could survive a year on their schedule.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Akileese posted:

The Nakamura stuff comes from a single Court Bauer tweet stating that they're interested in him. I love watching Nakamura but they'd be idiotic to sign a 35 year old with a history of concussions and a very bad back. I doubt he could survive a year on their schedule.

If it's an NXT schedule, it won't be anywhere near as bad.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

it would be insane to spend that much money on someone just to prop up NXT, a brand that makes no money. NJPW's #2 guy wouldn't come cheap.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
How's the New Japan schedule compared to the NXT schedule?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

keevo posted:

How's the New Japan schedule compared to the NXT schedule?

Probably more strenuous just because of the style, but when you throw in the house shows NXT does around Florida it's probably about the same number of dates, maybe a little more. Dragon Gate is the Japanese fed that gets really crazy with the touring schedule iirc.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
NXT doesn't have a G1 tournament where guys basically kill themselves for a month, soooo...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Muddy Burphy posted:

NXT doesn't have a G1 tournament where guys basically kill themselves for a month, soooo...

No, but they want NXT to start doing a full road schedule soon.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aside from the obvious reasons why it shouldn't happen, of which there are a million

If the .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance happened and he was actually allowed to wrestle, it would prove their concept of physicals is a joke and Bryan and Angle should be allowed to die in their ring

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Squalitude posted:

WWE hiring Mick Foley's kid reminds me of the irl Roman Empire, where conquered nations would be forced to send children to study/work for their enemies to be held as hostages.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Aside from the obvious reasons why it shouldn't happen, of which there are a million

If the .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance happened and he was actually allowed to wrestle, it would prove their concept of physicals is a joke and Bryan and Angle should be allowed to die in their ring

They just brought in Tommy Dreamer for a tables match.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol WWE hiring Nakamura to make sure that Daniel Bryan doesn't leave when they tell him he can't wrestle anymore.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Yet they keep trying to push him as a face

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
The only reason they would bring in Nakamura is in order for him to tour the new NXT road schedule. I have no idea about his health, so I have no idea if he could keep up with a much tougher road schedule, but they aren't going to hire him for the current NXT as noted above by Blasmeister.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Akileese posted:

He doesn't have to wrestle, they can just have him put on the Thriller coat and dance around a little.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Delsaber posted:

He doesn't have to wrestle, they can just have him put on the Thriller coat and dance around a little.

shinsuke nakamura as balor's hype-man is all I want now

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Delsaber posted:

Pay the man a few hundred thousand a year and we've got ourselves a deal. Nakamura deserves cash.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Akileese posted:

If that's the case then he worked Dave too because it's in the Observer that there's WWE interest in Nakamura.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
So I just read that Reigns, Ambrose and The Usos may be used as an official stable using the name, The Family.

Are WWE creative unaware that they already have a stable using the word Family in their name?!

If Reigns gang of mates do need a name, why not just call them The Empire?

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Latino Pete posted:

So I just read that Reigns, Ambrose and The Usos may be used as an official stable using the name, The Family.

Are WWE creative unaware that they already have a stable using the word Family in their name?!

If Reigns gang of mates do need a name, why not just call them The Empire?

The Empire is definitely a heel faction name.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BodyMassageMachine posted:

The Empire is definitely a heel faction name.

Well the Family literally is a heel faction name too.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Roman's Legion.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Just call them Dean Ambrose and the Samoans. I don't loving care if it doesn't make Roman look strong.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The People Who Do Not Consider Mexamerica A Country Holy poo poo Mexamerica Is A Stupid Idea

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just call them The Shield and give the Usos tactical gear for maximum PSP head explosion

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

If that's the case then he worked Dave too because it's in the Observer that there's WWE interest in Nakamura.

I'm not saying he worked anybody. I am pointing out a fact that all of this started with a tweet from Court Bauer yesterday. Maybe he got a heads up from someone, but he sent it out before the observer was available. I just think it's way more likely that he's using them as a bargaining chip to get more money out of NJPW, which they will probably pay for him. He's more valuable to them than he would potentially be to WWE.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 3, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Intruder posted:

Just call them The Shield and give the Usos tactical gear for maximum PSP head explosion

WE SAY THE Y'ALL SAY SHIELD

THE

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Roman Reigns posted:

Just call them Dean Ambrose and the Samoans.

That's my new ska band.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

The uSHIELD.

When I say Us you say SHIELD

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I want to see the Usos accidentally give a fan a bloody nose while doing the haka in the stands

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Ruggington posted:

THE

DAY

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
lol at the fact that all of these factions are forming AFTER Survivor Series.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Get with the times old man, the Roman Empire is old hat. Plus, it'd get confusing to reference the irl Roman Empire while others are discussing a faction which could have that same name.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

finally a return of the Samoan SWAT Team

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Xenoletum posted:

If it's an NXT schedule, it won't be anywhere near as bad.

is it worth paying him in the mid to high 6 figures to work NXT though

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Call them Roman and the AmBROS

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Roman Reigns and Friends

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Ruggington posted: