Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AskYourself
May 23, 2005
Donut is for Homer as Asking yourself is to ...
Oh yeah I'm on Landroval.

... And got the last deluxe house in the hood :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Ok i bought a house, at 2 cloven crescent. Woo, now I'm decorating

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
Awesome, my characters have been on Landroval since release so I can finally play with goons now! Next chance I get to play I'll make a minstrel or guardian or something and ask for an invite to Nazgun.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I transferred my dudes. I may even play them one day.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Welcome to Landroval everyone! It's definitely one of the better servers, as you'll see. Just make sure not to mention a few things in /World:

Bacon
Harry Potter and the [dumbest thing in my inventory]

I was very pleasantly surprised that I was able to transfer my Silverlode toon over with her name intact. Let me know if anyone wants to run any Moria instances. My 65 guardian on Landy exists just for that.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I just transferred all my poo poo and got the confirmation email in less than a minute. Kinda sucks I was asleep when the kin house was being selected so I won't be in the kinship neighborhood anymore, oh well.

extra stout posted:

Things I can actually confirm are in: Really good looking set of Ithilian cosmetics for the Yule fest will be coming, it's the crescent moon around a tree of Faramir's folk. Saw a back shield, a pony, a war-steed skin, and some kind of winter fur shawl thing.

That's great because I still have hundreds of yule festival tokens from like 3 years ago and haven't had anything worthwhile to spend them on.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I will miss living in the Shire, but it's nice to have a bit of change. I'm pleased with my tiny island fortress.

Panorama
Jul 25, 2003
I've just moved over from Brandywine and will be looking for an invite, name's Dunfunkin.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Granted I was only on for a bit last night, I'm going to have to get used to seeing a very active world chat. Anyway, the house I bought's 4 Roaring Road in Knotheim with kin visitation permission so everyone can laugh at how much like a crappy museum my place looks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Oxphocker posted:

Found a housing zone almost completely empty... Knotheim in the dwarf homesteads. We have the kin house in the middle...get in fast so we can fill up the zone.

Stupid transfer delays :emo:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Evil Fluffy posted:

Stupid transfer delays :emo:

There were still several houses last night when I ran around, just none of them deluxes.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

xZAOx posted:

There were still several houses last night when I ran around, just none of them deluxes.

The standard houses are way too small unless you're a relatively new player. My deluxe house on Silverlode still had a couple chests full of housing items that I didn't have room to display. I wish they'd someday make new neighborhoods that have only deluxe houses.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

ruffz posted:

The standard houses are way too small unless you're a relatively new player. My deluxe house on Silverlode still had a couple chests full of housing items that I didn't have room to display. I wish they'd someday make new neighborhoods that have only deluxe houses.

I wish they allowed purchase of kinship size houses as a personal house. Lord knows I'd be able to fill it up and still gripe about not having enough space for stuff.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ruffz posted:

I wish they'd make all houses deluxe. Or at least almost all deluxe. And give us a billion more hooks. I want my house to reflect my hoarder lifestyle.

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

xZAOx posted:

I wish they'd make all houses deluxe. Or at least almost all deluxe. And give us a billion more hooks. I want my house to reflect my hoarder lifestyle.

Agreed, I just bought 2 Threshold Street as it is somewhat close to the Kin house. I'm in as Lowthing the Hunter. Not a lot of space, but it's a place. Maybe the housing update will add more?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

xZAOx posted:

I have a large(ly empty) house on Silverlode right down the hill from the Goon kinhall. I definitely need a big house because one day I'll totally fill it with stuff while making my yard look like a trash pile. :v:

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

All set up with my new house on Landroval. It already feels like these merges are breathing new life into the game. Makes for quite the conflict when I try to figure out what to play with my limited gaming time. I have Star Wars Battlefront sitting in front of me, now I got Until Dawn, Witcher 3, and Bloodborne for my PS4 at $20 each. Still haven't got started in Albion Online either. The end of the year has way too much stuff.

Rocco_Saint
Nov 30, 2015

Anonymouse Mook posted:

Agreed, I just bought 2 Threshold Street as it is somewhat close to the Kin house. I'm in as Lowthing the Hunter. Not a lot of space, but it's a place. Maybe the housing update will add more?

What housing update are you referring to? I'm just coming back so I'm still catching up.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

How much is a house? I transferred a bunch of guys to Landroval but I haven't even decided which class I want to play yet (probably warden or guardian).

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

drat Dirty Ape posted:

How much is a house? I transferred a bunch of guys to Landroval but I haven't even decided which class I want to play yet (probably warden or guardian).

1 gold for a small one, 7 gold for a large one or so, then a fraction of that per week for rent. Forget what it is, not much if you're a high level or even just log in daily to get your hobbit presents.

The reason everyone wants a deluxe (larger size) house is because it has more 'hooks' or slots to place your trophies from fishing, boss killing, crafting, festivals etc. So if you outgrow your small house you have to move as there is no way to upgrade the lot to a deluxe house, which is annoying.

In terms of actual practical uses, a small house is still a free teleport with storage and a mailbox, and will most likely still be able to fit a forge or workbench in it for crafting in the next patch, so the only deciding factor is....are you a huge loving nerd?

Rocco_Saint
Nov 30, 2015

extra stout posted:

......and will most likely still be able to fit a forge or workbench in it for crafting in the next patch, so the only deciding factor is....are you a huge loving nerd?

Oh sweet.... So this is actually going to happen? I've been searching since the last post and all I have seen has been references to the housing patch being delayed (some speculate indefinitely).

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Rocco_Saint posted:

Oh sweet.... So this is actually going to happen? I've been searching since the last post and all I have seen has been references to the housing patch being delayed (some speculate indefinitely).

Check the 17.1 patch notes on the Bullroarer forum. Store item, though.

Rocco_Saint
Nov 30, 2015

moebius2778 posted:

Ahh thanks so much. For anyone else like me that was searching in all the wrong places (patch notes, housing sub-forum, etc.) here's a shortcut.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?585030-Update-17-1-Beta-amp-Load-test-Release-Notes-PRELIMINARY-AND-NON-FINAL-BULLROARER-ONLY

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

extra stout posted:

1 gold for a small one, 7 gold for a large one or so, then a fraction of that per week for rent. Forget what it is, not much if you're a high level or even just log in daily to get your hobbit presents.

The reason everyone wants a deluxe (larger size) house is because it has more 'hooks' or slots to place your trophies from fishing, boss killing, crafting, festivals etc. So if you outgrow your small house you have to move as there is no way to upgrade the lot to a deluxe house, which is annoying.

In terms of actual practical uses, a small house is still a free teleport with storage and a mailbox, and will most likely still be able to fit a forge or workbench in it for crafting in the next patch, so the only deciding factor is....are you a huge loving nerd?

One of the more annoying things having moved from deluxe to standard is that my chest storage in house actually shrunk it seems. It's keep the items in there but won't take anymore and I take something out I can't put it back in.

If anyone needs money for a house just say and I'll mail the funds over.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Just started playing again after 8 years, I'm Krialis on Landroval, amazing level 6 hunter.

Can I play badly with you?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'll keep an eye out. Besides Krialis what other names are supposed to be looking for to add? I'm back in game btw as Foxjo, just /tell me to add you to the kin.

kodiac
Oct 15, 2006

All i could afford was this gay avatar! Dammit Swiss banking accounts!
Back after a few years and transferred over from Brandy, would love to join up with the Kin.

57 Mini - Canabinol

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
For those of you using discord and don't like in game audio:

https://discord.gg/0cPJr4ftHq75oQw2

my channel...it's got a 24hr invite, so after a day the code won't work, but as long as you register before that, you're in. I might refresh the code from time to time, but I don't want to leave a permanent code laying out.

Come hear nerds be nerds...there's a browser based app or an install app depending on if you just want to try it out.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

moebius2778 posted:

That's something I'd actually spend real money on. I think they've been reluctant to add it over the years because they'd rather have people congregating in towns to craft instead of being relatively alone at their house. Oh and also, gently caress yeah for making character-bound housing items account-bound. Finally one of the worst annoyances of housing will be fixed. Just this morning I had to log into 3 different characters to place stuff in my new house.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So what are the pros and cons between a warden, guardian, and beorning? From what I've read, it sounds like Wardens are pretty amazing right now but I'm not sure if I like the playstyle yet. How fun are they? Do they do well in groups?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Wardens are a hell of a lot of fun. You're building gambits and chaining them together to get defensive boosts and putting DOTs on your enemies. Wardens can function in groups as either a tank or DPS role. They also have a ranged debuffing build, but I never play with it so I don't know what that's like.

Guardians are the main tank class and are immortal gods unto Middle Earth. There are apparently guardian builds that can solo six person instances.

Beornings can turn into a bear. That's all I know about them but being a bear is cool.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So what are the pros and cons between a warden, guardian, and beorning? From what I've read, it sounds like Wardens are pretty amazing right now but I'm not sure if I like the playstyle yet. How fun are they? Do they do well in groups?

I feel like a warden is a serious investment because they have such a unique play style that can be compared to the combo's of a traditional fighting game. If you get good at it you're very versatile and can survive things that other classes can only dream of. They're more mobile than guardians for sure and have the advantage of being the only class that has a personal warps, like the hunter (though it won't work for groups). If you don't like the play style then don't play them because the play style is what really makes them so unique.

I've only just started making a guardian and I find it to be a whole lot of fun. They're practically invincible just due to high morale and defense but they do level a bit slowly. The play style early on seems to be slightly more involved compared to a champion and hunter which is just rote repeated skill use in the same pattern (isn't there a term for this?). So it's easy to learn but pro-active enough that it helps to be aware.

I haven't played beornings but people speak very well of them. They can tank, DPS, or heal I think at the same with a fairly decent level of effectiveness. I've played with a couple of high level beornings before and it was like running with a minstrel and champion rolled into one. Also the being a bear thing looks really cool.

Champion's also have a tanking tree that makes them guardian's lite, but give the versatility to be DPS wrecking balls if you ever get bored of killing slowly.

Think also of the TP if you need to: the beorning will cost as will the warden but the guardian is the free.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Level 100 Elder King symbols are only 30-40 gold each on Landroval? :stare:

Gonna have to craft up a nice shiny 2h sword (or maybe a halberd, but probably a sword) for my Captain later tonight. Might craft several if the first one ends up with terrible built-in stats.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Gonna have to craft up a nice shiny 2h sword (or maybe a halberd, but probably a sword) for my Captain later tonight. Might craft several if the first one ends up with terrible built-in stats.

Yet more reasons to always play on a bigger server - a functioning AH and a functioning economy. I bought an Elder King Symbol last winter for the low price of 110g.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I tried to offload some stuff on Silverlode because the prices were like 40% higher than Landroval. Too bad none of it sold :argh:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yep, rather than keep selling them or waiting for more goons to hit 100 I used one of mine for a first age war-steed saddle thing, never cared about it much but I'm finally going into full max out everything mode.

Essence however are about the same prices, just don't trust the auction as much as Silverlode. What I mean is because of how often things get sold, you can buy something and it'll be half price in an hour, gone again, etc. For a whole day all the anfalas scrolls of empowerment were 90g each, log in and see four for 35 each, just have to check often.

I really cannot find a tome of might VIII or vitality VI though, if anyone has either I'll give you loads of gold for it. Also need I think agility III, fate II.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
What are people's opinions on Captains? It's my highest character, but I really feel like it's very slow. I don't really group much, is there a decided "best" solo class?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Haerc posted:

What are people's opinions on Captains? It's my highest character, but I really feel like it's very slow. I don't really group much, is there a decided "best" solo class?

If you have a lot of effort and time, warden is the most overpowered solo class. If you want to be a bear and press half as many buttons and be 90 percent as good as a warden, beorning is the best solo class.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I don't have Beorning unlocked, oh well.

Do you get anything for making a character while subbed? It seems like my main has a bunch of stuff unlocked that I don't remember paying for compared to any characters I've made since (horse routes specifically).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Haerc posted:

I don't have Beorning unlocked, oh well.

Do you get anything for making a character while subbed? It seems like my main has a bunch of stuff unlocked that I don't remember paying for compared to any characters I've made since (horse routes specifically).

Honestly, the warden is the best OP solo class, but for an easier experience go hunter. They have a lot of nice quality of life skills like extra movement speed and warps (like wardens) but are a lot easier to play. However, they may be TOO easy as they often become rote skill repetition. I like it though, probably because I'm new to MMO's.

Also yeah being VIP unlocks several perks including skill bonuses and speed travel.