Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Senethro posted:

If you hover over the icon it says "Schleusselstrasse". Key street...?

It says schlesusselschloss, actually. So something castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Nothing about fixing the rapier's pistol damage. :(

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

Nothing about fixing the rapier's pistol damage. :(

This was a weird omission since they did change another number on it. Everything that was added looks great though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Do trinkets apply to your bots? Like if you have the fish on a character, will your bot of that character have a chance not to use up healing items?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Do trinkets apply to your bots? Like if you have the fish on a character, will your bot of that character have a chance not to use up healing items?

Yes, I've seen my bots do this.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Night10194 posted:

It says schlesusselschloss, actually. So something castle.

Schluessel is key, Schloss can be a lock or a manor/palace type. I'm hoping for some groovy manor, which would make sense for the bat wings icon.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

So the default game has a giant Skaven symbol for it, and this new icon is either a pair of very angry cartoon eyes or a batwings symbol which is pretty typical for vampire counts.

It must be an orc DLC.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
-Moved several secrets on Horn of Magnus (Good luck!)

....Why?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

When you finish the campaign it mentions the "Chaos Warriors of the North" and the "Living Dead." Not sure what either means, but I expect to be fighting both.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
They might do the entire end of the world from the tabletop. Can't wait to be fighting side by side with some skinks and goblins as the chunk of land we're defending gets gobbled up by Chaos.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Lunethex posted:

....Why?

Throw a wrench in the works every now and then I suppose.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
I'm not super familiar with WHFB's lore, but you can see Schluesselschloss on this map: http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/shdmotwow.html It's south of where the map loads, just south of the big Reikland banner, and just west of Ubersreik and the Reikwald Forest. Apparently it's featured in an adventure from a WFRP boxed set called Hero's Call: http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-Heros-Call/dp/1616613343

It sounds like Schluesselschloss is a big castle sitting at one end of a mountain pass that serves as the tomb of a legendary hero of the Empire called Otto who got himself turned into a vampire, except since he's a vampire now it's less of a tomb and more of a prison. Otto managed to sneak a magic artifact called the Black Orb into the tomb with him, and he's using it to mind-control the current steward of the castle above, as well as some nearby goblins for some reason. In the adventure an army of orcs comes into the pass and sieges the aging and poorly-maintained castle, but I don't know how relevant that will be to us going there.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Lunethex posted:

....Why?

Because all motherfuckers wanna do is play Horn.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean we usually play Horn once per session because it's one of my buddy's favorite levels, but we move on and play others after.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I like to man the ramparts early to get my head in the game

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

We use Nightmare Ramparts as a warmup, too. It's also a great way to try out new weapons.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

My first orange just dropped and it's daggers for the elf (my favourite class) with regrowth, beserking, and some improved pommel bullshit who cares regrowth + beserking on daggers :stare:

the only way it could've been better was if it was sword and dagger as I like them more. Or if I had enough blues to melt down to upgrade the bloody thing.

e: lmao false alarm, rolled 1% on regrowth.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 3, 2015

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

quote:

Removed increased chance for receiving loot for the Hero you are currently playing

Sorry but I refuse to believe this was a thing, I ended up only getting stuff for the class I wanted when I wasn't playing that class.

The DLC looks baller as gently caress though.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I know what I'll be playing tonight :dance: :toot:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Shoving is op and improved pommel is good especially on a weapon like daggers with very low stamina. That's a ridiculous set of rolls for orange daggers, if you get a good regrowth I'd play nothing but elf

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
Patch is downloading now.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Liiiiiiiiiive.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Interesting:

quote:

Hi guys!

Just wanted to let you know that there will be two more pages added later on to the Shrine of Solace. We didnt have time to finish them in time for the DLC and will be releasing them as soon as we feel confident that they are working properly.

These two pages will be:

Offering*:
Reroll all the traits on a weapon for a Token fee. If you are unhappy with the traits you got for a weapon you can go to this page and spend tokens to reroll the traits you have for that weapon.

Invocate*:
Reroll the proc chance on a trait you already have. If you are unhappy with the proc chance on a already unlocked trait you can spend tokens to reroll the number. If you get a lower number than before you will still keep the higher number but the tokens spent for rerolling will be lost.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Nice. Going to reroll those Handguns until they're mastercrafted.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Reroll proc, keep the highest is really nice actually.

Depending on how high they raise the token value of breaking down weapons, I could be totally cool with this.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

So where do you get the class trinkets now? Hopefully not random drops.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It's nice that shards basically do everything now (or more accurately, will soon enough) since it means you don't have to worry about hoarding weapons you're not preferable to, just in case you change your mind at some point. You can just melt 'em down and figure it out later.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Edit: Apparently you still can't get random items out of the forge and must pray for them

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 3, 2015

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

It looks like character trinkets are random drops - I certainly didn't have them by default. I ran a quick Smuggler's Run Normal to see if it got produced for completing a level as a character, but that doesn't seem to be it.

The only non-random drop thing that I can think of is static level up bonuses, which presumably you would get when you level up next? Haven't done that yet.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The DLC hasn't actually launched, only the patch. It should be going up in about 35 minutes.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
It takes 40 orange shards to pray for an orange weapon for a particular class. You can specify that you want ranged or melee, but the price goes up to 60 shards. I only salvaged a few things, but salvaging a weapon now seems to give 15-25 (I had a low of 16 and a high of 23) shards of the weapon's color, so you don't have to break too many things down to pray for something new.

You can use shards for fusing as well, allowing you to just put in one weapon and then do the rest with shards to guarantee that the upgrade will be of that weapon type. It's very expensive, though, running 300 shards (which is 12-20 salvaged blue weapons) to just straight upgrade a blue to an orange. The decrease in shard price isn't linear as you add weapons; testing with whites (because I don't have enough spare blues on hand), it costs 1 weapon and 200 shards, or 2 weapons and 120 shards, or 3 weapons and 60 shards, or 4 weapons and 20 shards. Probably the shard upgrade price on blues is pretty reasonable at 3 weapons.

Unlocking traits is now 10/20/30 blue shards on oranges, 9/18 green shards on blues, and 8 white shards on greens.

Also, the character trinkets are in the game now. If you don't see them, try relaunching.

IAmUnaware fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 3, 2015

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I like they added all this as "praying" for good loot, which everyone is basically doing in any loot roll in any game. So is this update just gear? No new maps?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I like they added all this as "praying" for good loot, which everyone is basically doing in any loot roll in any game. So is this update just gear? No new maps?

They've been talking about an Endless mode, though I don't think that will be in THIS DLC, but it should be soon.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Holy gently caress the red weapons have awful traits.

Worst I've seen so far.

The funniest part is that they kept Cataclysm as being the only way to get a red item, and you have to roll 7 :v:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

IAmUnaware posted:

I'm not super familiar with WHFB's lore, but you can see Schluesselschloss on this map: http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/shdmotwow.html It's south of where the map loads, just south of the big Reikland banner, and just west of Ubersreik and the Reikwald Forest. Apparently it's featured in an adventure from a WFRP boxed set called Hero's Call: http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-Heros-Call/dp/1616613343

It sounds like Schluesselschloss is a big castle sitting at one end of a mountain pass that serves as the tomb of a legendary hero of the Empire called Otto who got himself turned into a vampire, except since he's a vampire now it's less of a tomb and more of a prison. Otto managed to sneak a magic artifact called the Black Orb into the tomb with him, and he's using it to mind-control the current steward of the castle above, as well as some nearby goblins for some reason. In the adventure an army of orcs comes into the pass and sieges the aging and poorly-maintained castle, but I don't know how relevant that will be to us going there.

Someone already datamined some of the unused strings a while ago:

quote:

"Find A Way Into Castle Drachenfels"
"Drachenfels Castle"
"Outside Drachenfels Castle"
"Drachenfels Castle Floor 1"
"Drachenfels Castle Floor 2"
"Drachenfels Catacombs"
"Drachenfels Ballroom"
"Find the Chalice"
"Take the Chalice"

Which is this castle. Could be a reference to that.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Lunethex posted:

Holy gently caress the red weapons have awful traits.

Worst I've seen so far.

The funniest part is that they kept Cataclysm as being the only way to get a red item, and you have to roll 7 :v:

Are you insane? A max roll on regrowth on 2h hammer charge attack is pretty much perfect.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Perfect Balance is also really good on a 2 hander. I'm curious what the semantics are behind Safety in Numbers though.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
It says in the notes that they've expanded the definition of "assisting", allowing it to be triggered by normal attacks and pushes. They might have gone a bit too far with it, though, since I just had it trigger at the beginning of Ramparts in the part before the elevator when a bot attacked one of the little rats that was scampering past me.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Safety in numbers looks amazing as well, anything that reduces damage taken results in more wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mr. Wookums posted:

Safety in numbers looks amazing as well, anything that reduces damage taken results in more wins.

It depends.

I mean, presuming it reduces damage (as opposed to negating it altogether), how much does it reduce it? 25% is likely completely forgettable, but 50%+ could be nice. And how long does it last? If it lasts 5 seconds, that's great. If it lasts 1 second, it's forgettable.

I don't feel like we know enough about that trait to judge it too much right now.

• Locked thread