Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i like how the pebbles are actually eyes, but i wish there was some sort of shameful turd pile you could throw like the dung

every1 says being able to fling turds over the capra demons wall is a glitch but i beliueve with all of my heart that they made it like that intentionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i would never use poison knives or turds personally. but i think they include these things intentionally , and try to make you look/feel insanely goofy for doing them, u know? like mr kojima with the chicken hat.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

it's my third character, used nothing but saw cleaver on my og and it's definitely going to be my go to for blasting through the game.

My second character used almost nothing but the hunter's axe, I really could do like 30 playthroughs of this game just to get a full run with all the weapons.

i actually did do that and im all set for at least another 30. hell yea!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I always liked that you could backfire with the turds and get yourself poisoned

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I always liked that you could backfire with the turds and get yourself poisoned

i liked how you could immunize yourself to toxic by doing this because the dung toxic did less damage than blowdart toxic

devs even confirmed in an interview that they intended that to be an option

these games own

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
getting invaded and having someone pelt me with turds is a powerful memory

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dark Souls PVP flashbacks always feel so good

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I've established a good precedent of losing all of my souls from the entire preceding level after dying to something dumb just outside the boss room. Made a lot of progress last night but I'm something like 40k-50k souls lost now to dumb poo poo and I'm pretty much out of blood vials and have been since killing Bloodstarved Beast. Game's so good except for having to farm vials.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you're ever fail like me and run out of vials just go to Forbidden Woods lantern and clear out the guys on the other side of the bridge. You're guaranteed to get like 5 or 6 vials and bullets and enough souls to grab a bunch more. It takes a minute or two to do and I can get back to 20/20+ in less than ten minutes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I've established a good precedent of losing all of my souls from the entire preceding level after dying to something dumb just outside the boss room. Made a lot of progress last night but I'm something like 40k-50k souls lost now to dumb poo poo and I'm pretty much out of blood vials and have been since killing Bloodstarved Beast. Game's so good except for having to farm vials.

at that point in the game the best place to get vials is the great bridge lantern imo. 8 on the bridge (2 from the mummy and 6 from the wolves) + 4 under it from the 2 mummies.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

though since I started buying vials with leftover blood echoes I've never run out and I have 200 in reserve on my second character. definitely a good idea.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
you can get a ton of echoes and bullets in the nightmare lecture building auditorium

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

at that point in the game the best place to get vials is the great bridge lantern imo. 8 on the bridge (2 from the mummy and 6 from the wolves) + 4 under it from the 2 mummies.
This is what I've been doing. Still a pain in the butt, though. I thought I had so many stored up and then the game's just like 'naw.'

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

or you can get gud

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

okay by far the worst enemy in the game is the big greasy rolling dude in chalice dungeons. he is loving horseshit. just insanely fast you get no time at all to react and he doesnt flinch to anything, on cursed dungeons he oneshots you.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

okay by far the worst enemy in the game is the big greasy rolling dude in chalice dungeons. he is loving horseshit. just insanely fast you get no time at all to react and he doesnt flinch to anything, on cursed dungeons he oneshots you.

The lanky guys are tough and on the later chalice dungeons they get fast as gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

The lanky guys are tough and on the later chalice dungeons they get fast as gently caress

those are insanely easy to counter and they die to one visceral. the greasy dude will literally roll into you and do an instant AOE that oneshots you and you cant dodge or counter it lol im just praying it behaves whenever i fight it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

those are insanely easy to counter and they die to one visceral. the greasy dude will literally roll into you and do an instant AOE that oneshots you and you cant dodge or counter it lol im just praying it behaves whenever i fight it

I've done all the chalices except the queen and I can't picture what you're talking about

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

I've done all the chalices except the queen and I can't picture what you're talking about

it's a very rare enemy. he's in a bonus room in the defiled chalice, it looks like a merciless watcher but naked with a big mace and he rolls around super loving quickly

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i finally had a perfect run at the orphan boss and beat him with only like 4 vials used. good lord what a rush

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
how the heck do i get materials for the defiled chalice

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

blood.jpg

gonna miss this in dark souls 3...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

how the heck do i get materials for the defiled chalice

complete the ailing loran chalices. you dont have to kill darkbeast paarl in lower loran and hes def not worth the effort

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

amygdala's third phase can gently caress off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found the whirligig and it's more badass than I anticipated. In going to make it +10 and take down the boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

omg the L2 :staredog:

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

i killed ebretias in one try just grinding the L2 into her crotch constantly with a +10 saw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

1. randomly taking double damage from hits is dumb
2. NPC hunters you summon frequently forget there's a heal button and die 20 seconds into boss fights and now youre alone against a double HP boss

i loving hate the defiled chalice lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

i killed ebretias in one try just grinding the L2 into her crotch constantly with a +10 saw

same but with a +10 rakuyo. didnt even stagger him just the L2 did so much damage so quick she didn't even have time to teleport once. I was only level 50 too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You take double damage if you get hit when you're comin out of a dodge, so
If you mistime you get punished

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This fight is loving awesome!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

This fight is loving awesome!

which?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

You take double damage if you get hit when you're comin out of a dodge, so
If you mistime you get punished

it also happens when you attack, and youre always dodging and attacking, and big bosses have wonky rear end hitboxes so you'll frame perfect dodge one attack to get crit by another or a dumb hitbox. it's a lovely mechanic that really stands out when you have half HP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

First DLC boss

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

1. randomly taking double damage from hits is dumb
2. NPC hunters you summon frequently forget there's a heal button and die 20 seconds into boss fights and now youre alone against a double HP boss

i loving hate the defiled chalice lol

you dont randomly take double damage from hits from anything in any souls game. wtf?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got the fight down pretty good, only thing I haven't figured out is timing on his erbitreas style charge attack that one shots me lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

it also happens when you attack, and youre always dodging and attacking, and big bosses have wonky rear end hitboxes so you'll frame perfect dodge one attack to get crit by another or a dumb hitbox. it's a lovely mechanic that really stands out when you have half HP

man u sound like darksydephil

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I've got the fight down pretty good, only thing I haven't figured out is timing on his erbitreas style charge attack that one shots me lol

u can tell that one from like, the green mist? dust? that appears for a escond before he does it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

freaking eviscerated Vicar Amelia with the swordwhipcane first try. still haven't died to her across 3 characters...maybe I'll die in the no hunter's dream playthrough I'm thinking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

u can tell that one from like, the green mist? dust? that appears for a escond before he does it.

Yeah I saw that on this attempt, need to back off a little for the side dash to move far enough out of the way. Or I could unlock then and use the roll