Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

trem_two posted:

Real Madrid fielded an ineligible player in their Copa del Rey match today, and they could get booted from the tournament. Cheryshev is supposed to be banned for one match due to yellow card accumulation last season.

joke of a team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Real Madrid fielded an ineligible player in their Copa del Rey match today, and they could get booted from the tournament. Cheryshev is supposed to be banned for one match due to yellow card accumulation last season.

Apparently Benitez did the exact same thing in 2001 with Valencia and they were thrown out of the Copa Del Rey.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Madrid sub Borja Mayoral is also ineligible.

AS English ✔ @English_AS
Canal+ announce that Madrid's, Borja Mayoral shouldn't be on the bench tonight as he was red carded in the final of the Copa Del Rey Juvenil
11:06 PM - 2 Dec 2015

ha ha

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Same thing happened a few months ago in an Osasuna-Mirandes according to Marca and they got thrown out so unless Florentino pays Cadiz a shitload of money so they don't put a complaint then they are out.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lol this has to be the final nail on rafa's oversized coffin

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol amazing

Real Madrid face Copa del Rey expulsion for fielding ineligible player

http://gu.com/p/4emfz

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

lol amazing

Amazing job reading two of the eight posts this thread gets daily.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

oliwan posted:

lol amazing

Horrry shiiitt!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

oliwan posted:

lol amazing

La Liga 15/16: Check your twitter

BWV fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 3, 2015

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Rafa claims he took him off just after half time as a gesture of goodwill but that in any hearing one would argue that it shows he accepted he was in the wrong. I was at that game and nobody knew what the gently caress so I'm p sure Cadiz waited until the 47th minute to mention it for maximum laffs rather than allow a quiet change at HT :twisted:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

trem_two posted:

what a club

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Gotta give it to Real Madrid though, they are super entertaining, they always make us laugh.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So that has to be Benitez gone, right? It's rare that a manager makes such an obvious and egregious gently caress up.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Benitez, Butragueño and everyone at RM are claiming they didn't know Cheryshev couldn't play because the RFEF never informed them he was suspended so they can't penalize the club but Marca got this fax all Spanish clubs got sent last July 27th informing them of all the players and managers and their suspensions for this season.

they done hosed up

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

sell Ronnie for a fax machine

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

this is the funniest/dumbest story. I was trying to explain this to my brother, who doesn't follow any of this at all, and I just started laughing when I said " the 'biggest' club in the world is getting disqualified because they didn't know one of their own players was serving a suspension." A galactic level of incompetence.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

El Hefe posted:

Benitez, Butragueño and everyone at RM are claiming they didn't know Cheryshev couldn't play because the RFEF never informed them he was suspended so they can't penalize the club but Marca got this fax all Spanish clubs got sent last July 27th informing them of all the players and managers and their suspensions for this season.

they done hosed up

fax machine strikes again

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

blue footed boobie posted:

So that has to be Benitez gone, right? It's rare that a manager makes such an obvious and egregious gently caress up.

it's rare, but benitez has managed it twice! watch out for lightning, rafa!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

BWV posted:

this is the funniest/dumbest story. I was trying to explain this to my brother, who doesn't follow any of this at all, and I just started laughing when I said " the 'biggest' club in the world is getting disqualified because they didn't know one of their own players was serving a suspension." A galactic level of incompetence.

It isn't really a big deal and this poo poo happens a lot

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

rafa out pls

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

it's still funny

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

African AIDS cum posted:

It isn't really a big deal and this poo poo happens a lot

yeah getting your team knocked out of a competition because you're too stupid to check a fax it's not a big deal at all

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The fact that this happens at all isn't too surprising. The fact that it happened to Real loving Madrid is what makes it funny.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I think it is dumb that the league/association/etc. doesn't prevent ineligible players from being named on the team sheet to begin with. If they see a suspended player named they should just prevent that lineup from being submitted.

But at the same time it is still pretty funny.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
lol just noticed that Cheryshev got the yellow in the semis against Barca, he wouldn't have been able to play a hypothetical final but since Barca knocked out Villarreal it carried to this season.

http://actas.rfef.es/actas/RFEF_CmpPartido?cod_primaria=1000144&CodActa=26277

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I think it is dumb that the league/association/etc. doesn't prevent ineligible players from being named on the team sheet to begin with. If they see a suspended player named they should just prevent that lineup from being submitted.

But at the same time it is still pretty funny.

Agreed with this, but that puts some bit of responsibility on the league system so it will never happen.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I think it is cool that the league punishes teams for not checking if a player they acquired has a standing suspension. It would've taken 5 minutes to just call the league office and inquire. Or maybe even empty the couch cushions of your executive suite and pay some Madrid fan boy to run a website that keeps track of that poo poo.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Maybe the player should say something since they sure as hell know lol

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Suqit posted:

Maybe the player should say something since they sure as hell know lol

when else is he gonna get into the team

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Eau de MacGowan posted:

when else is he gonna get into the team

Definitely not in the next round of the Copa Del Rey :newlol:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

El Hefe posted:

yeah getting your team knocked out of a competition because you're too stupid to check a fax it's not a big deal at all

almost as big of a deal as getting your transfer dealings suspended over the illegal transport and slavery of African minors

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Mean Bean Machine posted:

almost as big of a deal as getting your transfer dealings suspended over the illegal transport and slavery of African minors

yeah and what a great effect that had on Barca's ability to win titles lmao

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Perez is holding a press conference now. It sounds like it's pretty funny.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Florentino: "Real Madrid did nothing wrong"

really that's what he said

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Merida plays Cadiz next for the league and they already sorted out the situation so they don't make the same mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvTEmdFPYEA

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's not like they would've won it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I don't really see this as a Rafa issue. Firstly he wasn't at the club when he originally got suspended and surely SURELY there is someone at the club that keeps a track of this sort of thing.

• Locked thread