Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Zipline posted:

Do you have to complete the 30 missions on one character, or is that per account? I'm having a difficult time figuring out which faction I want to play as. I've gathered that mechanically there's no difference but thematically they're worlds apart. Story is really really important to me, way more than gameplay or graphics, so it's an important decision.

EDIT: Also, when do I get new clothes? I don't want to be running around in jeans. Give me a suit dammit.

Story is very important- especially in TSW. Go Illuminati, no question. Kirsten Geary has way better lines than that stuffed suit R Sonnac.

You'll feasibly have enough money to buy new threads around the time you finish the first zone, maybe even sooner depending on how much you prioritize it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Zipline posted:

Do you have to complete the 30 missions on one character, or is that per account? I'm having a difficult time figuring out which faction I want to play as. I've gathered that mechanically there's no difference but thematically they're worlds apart. Story is really really important to me, way more than gameplay or graphics, so it's an important decision.

EDIT: Also, when do I get new clothes? I don't want to be running around in jeans. Give me a suit dammit.

Illuminati have the best handler, Templar have access to the best faction mission (Virgula Divine) and Dragon probably have the best 'faction' story and (Tokyo spoilers)win 'Tokyo'.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Okay, so after playing the game for a bit, I have come to several interesting notes:

1. The minimum requirements are, as usual, more suggestion the fact, since despite telling me my PC is below it, the game still runs just fine.
2. There's appears to be some kind of bug or something that fucks up the audio in cut scenes big time. At best it's barely audible and distorted. At worst it's just gone.
3. The movement in the game is rather poorly made. Requiring keys to turn around and different ones to strafe left and right is just annoying to use.
And 4. I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the Illuminati, at all. The whole "uniforms and sprawling offices" vibe off them just turns me off, big time. Guess I'll be going Dragon after all.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Nobody wins Tokyo. Especially not the players who have to deal with the godawful aegis system.

Also keyboard turning is pretty bad, you might not want to do that :v:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
That's not true, all of humanity wins Tokyo since the main thing it does is kill shitloads of Orochi who are sick assholes who just show up randomly and gently caress everything up for everybody.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jenx posted:

Okay, so after playing the game for a bit, I have come to several interesting notes:

1. The minimum requirements are, as usual, more suggestion the fact, since despite telling me my PC is below it, the game still runs just fine.
2. There's appears to be some kind of bug or something that fucks up the audio in cut scenes big time. At best it's barely audible and distorted. At worst it's just gone.
3. The movement in the game is rather poorly made. Requiring keys to turn around and different ones to strafe left and right is just annoying to use.
And 4. I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the Illuminati, at all. The whole "uniforms and sprawling offices" vibe off them just turns me off, big time. Guess I'll be going Dragon after all.

I've experienced the audio bug to an extent.
I've yet to nail down what causes it to occur, but I've messed with my audio settings to reduce the impact, while adding subtitles so I don't miss hearing as much.
Minimum requirements are a bit odd - I've found that varying your direct X, or moving settings up and down for graphics can really alter performance - you may find that particle effects can cause issues, but only when you look in a specific direction (most commonly north, for some reason).

Movement is a bit shoddy, and there's platforming quests/achievements in the game. You will come to despise them.

Regarding the illuminati, the mission handler generally comes back with some amusing responses.
I've found I like Sonnac as he has a dry sense of humour in his responses, which appeals to my enjoyment of Blackadder.
The dragon? They're interesting.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

After some playing around with audio settings in the game and my PC I think I managed to fix it. It turns out my Realtek HD manager was set to a surround sound set up for....some reason. Once I turned that back to Stereo and turned the in-game audio to Stereo too it fixed everything up.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Brave New World posted:

Story is very important- especially in TSW. Go Illuminati, no question. Kirsten Geary has way better lines than that stuffed suit R Sonnac.

You'll feasibly have enough money to buy new threads around the time you finish the first zone, maybe even sooner depending on how much you prioritize it.

I like sonnac more than geary, mainly because of the when he starts quoting literature or mentioning reading it after hearing your reports. He's a giant nerd and that's great.

Also, since I got lifetime way back at launch and already bought all the content and the stealth hoverboard, and all the costumes I want, are any of these gambling boxes worth buying at all?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Buy them if you like the costumes inside. Or don't. You can buy all that poo poo with Pax so blow whatever you have too much of. Gambling boxes here are what it says on the lid, just a piece of clothing and a token to get more with eventually and even the super rare stuff has a decent chance of dropping. If you're asking me which one has the best average Pax value no idea, I'd recommend waiting for the next one and selling the poo poo in it on launch day. Or if you just want to make people happy get a bunch of them in a raid and open one of the big boxes with them around, everybody gets free poo poo that way.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
The real secret of this world is that it's a bad game. :smug:

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Flavor Truck posted:

The real secret of this world is that it's a bad game. :smug:

Hey man its not Big Rig trucking. "Flawed" game :P.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

Jenx posted:

You ... turn ... with your keyboard?? That's odd. You're far better off using a mouse and keyboard set, like usual for these MMO's. I'd even say that you should use an autohotkeys script to have a right mouse click toggle. Makes it much easier and smoother to use the mouse for looking.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Bought a copy in the big holiday sale on Steam, just created my first Templar last night: seems fun so far! If nothing else I have been enjoying blowing up zombies in a ruined New England bed'n'breakfast town, and my super-classy Templar handler-guy. (Plus the 'training room' was pretty badass, conceptually.)

Been following this build (Blade/Assault Rifle) to start; look reasonable? I'm sorely tempted to shift my focus to Shotgun/Hammer at least long enough to unlock the Templar Puritan deck's outfit, because gently caress these starter clothes, but I suspect that's not a very good idea in terms of both a smooth early-game experience and long-range effectiveness. :shobon:

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 3, 2015

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

yegods posted:

You ... turn ... with your keyboard?? That's odd. You're far better off using a mouse and keyboard set, like usual for these MMO's. I'd even say that you should use an autohotkeys script to have a right mouse click toggle. Makes it much easier and smoother to use the mouse for looking.

Oh yeah, I turn with the mouse, although even then it's still rather poorly made. The game expects sudden movements from you in order to dodge attacks, but the way the camera works simply does not allow you do that, and keep any kind of sense of where you're looking. I got used to it fairly fast, but I feel like it could have been made better.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Jenx posted:

Oh yeah, I turn with the mouse, although even then it's still rather poorly made. The game expects sudden movements from you in order to dodge attacks, but the way the camera works simply does not allow you do that, and keep any kind of sense of where you're looking. I got used to it fairly fast, but I feel like it could have been made better.

Not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, but you sound like you're completely new to MMOs or maybe even computer games in general(or maybe I'm misreading you). Always play MMOs, FPS, etc using the superior WASD + Mouse setup. Anything else is complete poo poo.

Always keybind your powers to very convenient keys that you can access while WASDing your way around the battlefield. For example, I have every key anywhere near WASD bound to a power, with the exception of CAPS.

Use a mouse with more than 2 buttons + wheel. Side buttons are a must for not sucking at MMOs. Bind those to your Bread & Butter attacks.

Avoid activating powers by mouse clicking as much as humanly possible. For the most part, the only powers that you point & click with should be out-of-combat buffs and rarely used Oh poo poo buttons like your heal pots.

In TSW, you dodge poo poo by double-tapping your movement keys(WASD). You don't have to be facing the direction that you dodge in.

Brave New World fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 3, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Brave New World posted:

Not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, but you sound like you're completely new to MMOs or maybe even computer games in general(or maybe I'm misreading you). Always play MMOs, FPS, etc using the superior WASD + Mouse setup. Anything else is complete poo poo.

Always keybind your powers to very convenient keys that you can access while WASDing your way around the battlefield. For example, I have every key anywhere near WASD bound to a power, with the exception of CAPS.

Use a mouse with more than 2 buttons + wheel. Side buttons are a must for not sucking at MMOs. Bind those to your Bread & Butter attacks.

Avoid activating powers by mouse clicking as much as humanly possible. For the most part, the only powers that you point & click with should be out-of-combat buffs and rarely used Oh poo poo buttons like your heal pots.

In TSW, you dodge poo poo by double-tapping your movement keys(WASD). You don't have to be facing the direction that you dodge in.

Everything here is sound but the gaming mouse stuff is kind of superfluous and not equivalently important to the rest. People play at the highest tiers of content in games far harder than TSW without using MMO mice. It's not even hard.

Efficient hotkeying and WASD+mouse is a must though.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I used to run dungeons in this game with mostly with the keyboard. My left hand on WASD and my right on the num pad to activate abilities. I never liked the 50 button gaming mice (including the price of them). I only used the mouse now and again to straighten everything out when the camera went wonky. I can't remember how I did it, but I know I did. I now use a G13 and mouse and won't go back.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Brave New World posted:

Well, you sort of succeeded at not sounding like an rear end in a top hat. No, I am neither new to MMOs, nor to video games. However I just find the default set up for TSW a bit annoying, especially when compared to most third person games I've played. After a lot of fiddling around with the thing, I managed to make it make some drat sense (for starters by just unbinding the the turn left/right keys from the keyboard entirely, because screw that noise) and the whole thing is playable enough right now.

I am not saying I have no idea how to play the game, okay? All I'm saying is the default set up was basically useless. And while this might seem like a "well duh, just change it!" situation, most games are usually set up properly from the get go.

Jenx fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 3, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jenx posted:

Well, you sort of succeeded at not sounding like an rear end in a top hat. No, I am neither new to MMOs, nor to video games. However I just find the default set up for TSW a bit annoying, especially when compared to most third person games I've played. After a lot of fiddling around with the thing, I managed to make it make some drat sense (for starters by just unbinding the the turn left/right keys from the keyboard entirely, because screw that noise) and the whole thing is playable enough right now.

I am not saying I have no idea how to play the game, okay? All I'm saying is the default set up was basically useless. And while this might seem like a "well duh, just change it!" situation, most games are usually set up properly from the get go.

He's kind of right though. Everything in this post pretty much says "I am new to MMOs or at the very least never learned how to play them". Turn left/turn right are a trap option in every MMO ever and yet they're still bound by default every time. TSW is not unusual in that.

MMO default set ups are garbage and it's standard procedure to change them as soon as physically possible.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
He doesn't know poo poo though if you pick Illuminati loving Data trains you.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The wife and I picked this up in the Steam sale. I have a chaos magic/pistol build that I was trying to do a tank/dps type character. My wife has a blood magic/fist weapon build that she is playing for healing/dps. We made it through the story and several side quests in Kingsmouth and have just arrived in The Savage Coast while following the main story arc. We are on Tier 10 of Dawning of an Endless Night and it and all the side quests are marked as Devastating. We can do some of the kill poo poo side quests but they are hard as gently caress. We are stuck on the main quest line because in the solo instance we die very quickly without each other.

This makes me think we've missed quests somewhere somehow. I felt like we did a fair few back in Kingsmouth but it seems like we are really under geared or leveled for the zone we are in. Is there somewhere other than loot drops we should have gotten better stuff? Should we just turn around and go back to Kingsmouth to do a bunch of side quests or something? We are really enjoying the modern setting so far but a little frustrated at hitting this wall.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
There's an XP penalty on missions harder than normal: 5% for hard, 15% for very hard and a whopping 65% for devastating. It's designed to stop people from power-leveling by grouping with an endgame character or skipping zones and doing non-combat missions, but its main effect seems to be making normal leveling annoying. Between that and the experience curve expecting you to do significant chunk of the side missions, it's easy to fall behind. It's more likely an experience issue than a gear issue: you can do ok in most areas with gear a QL or two behind, but having a weapon skill below what an enemy expects decreases your hit chance against that enemy by quite a bit. As a side note, the game uses the highest of your two weapon skills for each weapon for this calculation, so it's worth it to, for instance, pick one of Calamity and Fleeting Fortress for Chaos and ignore the other until you get the first one to 10.

Going back to Kingsmouth and doing some non-devastating side missions is likely your best bet. You might want to try the Kingsmouth dungeon, the Polaris, too. It'll get you better (blue) gear as well as XP. MMO grouping can be hit or miss of course, but I've only had good experiences with the Polaris while leveling, including back when I had no clue what I was doing.

Also, your wife may want to swap builds. It's unlikely to be the reason that you ran into a wall now, but blood and fist aren't really the weapons for heal/dps hybrids. You end up doing less than half the healing of a healer and less than half the dps of a dps since you have to split your actions between healing and attacking, your gear between heal and attack rating and your passives between the two roles as well. Assault rifle leech healing lets you spend all your time on attacks that also heal and heal more the more damage that they do, making it a workable hybrid. Normally, I wouldn't normally give unsolicited build advice - it's fun playing around in such an open-ended skill system and figuring out what works on your own - but it's not clear early on how much assault rifle out-performs the other options for the hybrid role.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Ok so we are just going to go back to Kingsmouth and do side quests and look for the dungeon then. I will probably have to look up a vendor guide or something to see if I can get her a rifle somewhere. I appreciate the input. I really wanted to go into the game blind so my wife and I could experience it together but I didn't realize it departed so much from the standard MMO formula.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If the missions are "Devastating", there's one of two things wrong:
1 - You are looking at the wrong side missions. There are some Nightmare sections in each zone that contain endgame side missions. In Kingsmouth, this should be near the Airport. If the Story is Devastating, this isn't your problem.
2 - Your gear/SP is way behind. Make sure you are putting SP into your weapon skills (only 1 track per weapon, probably offensive for most weapons) and that you are putting SP into the Talisman tracks. You should be in mostly QL3 gear by the time you hit Savage Coast if I remember correctly.

Here's a good post about which missions in Kingsmouth to go back and hit to get geared.

Toshimo posted:

If you are new to the game, tooling around Kingsmouth and suddenly realizing that your gear is lagging behind, here's a list of all the missions in Kingsmouth that have gear rewards:

QL1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a Fistful of Zombies
------------------------
Mission Type: Main (Action)
Starting Coords:  62, 135 
Given by:  Jack Boone
Reward: QL1 Weapon

The Occultist's Cookbook
------------------------
Mission Type: Side
Starting Coords:  289,330 
Given by:  The Occultist's Cookbook
Reward: QL1 Chaos Focus

The Raven
---------
Starting Coords:  289,330 
Given by:  Madame Roget
Reward: QL1 Head Talisman

Supply Run
----------
Starting Coords:  188,319 
Given by:  Helen Bannerman
Reward: QL1 Wrist Talisman

The Tentacle Trail
------------------
Starting Coords:  461,481 
Given by:  Box of squid 
Reward: QL1 Finger Talisman

Elm Street Blues
----------------
Given by:  Deputy Andy
Reward: QL1 Neck Talisman

Horror Show
-----------
Mission Type: Main (Sabotage)
Given by:  Helen Bannerman
Reward: QL1 Luck Talisman

Dust to Dust
--------------
Given by:  Henry Hawthorne
Reward: QL1 Occult Talisman

Missing Persons
---------------
Given by:  Missing persons list
Reward: QL1 Waist Talisman

QL2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veterans Day
------------
Starting Coords:  268,492 
Given by:  Kingsmouth war memorial 
Reward: QL2 Weapon

They Never Stop Coming
----------------------
Starting Coords:  357,109 
Given by:  Norma Creed
Reward: QL2 Head Talisman

Rolls Downhill
--------------
Starting Coords:  125,682
Given by:  Che Garcia Hansson
Reward: QL2 Wrist Talisman

Draugnet
--------
Given by:  Deputy Andy
Reward: QL2 Neck Talisman

Appetite for Destruction
------------------------
Given by:  Sandy "Moose" Jansen
Reward: QL2 Finger Talisman

A Sacred Place
--------------
Given by:  Henry Hawthorne
Reward: QL2 Waist Talisman

Death, and the Instruments Thereof
----------------------------------
Given by:  Sandy "Moose" Jansen
Reward: QL2 Occult Talisman

QL3

ATC
---
Mission Type: Main (Sabotage)
Starting Coords: 435, 670
Given by:  Danny Dufresne 
Reward: QL3 Weapon

Black Helicopters
----------
Starting Coords:  380,980 
Given by:  Ann Radcliffe 
Reward: QL3 Head Talisman

Runaway Lights
--------------
Starting Coords:  896, 705 
Given by:  Ellis Hill 
Reward: QL3 Finger Talisman

What the Tide Brought In
------------------------
Starting Coords:  293,975 
Given by:  Broken Orochi canister
Reward: QL3 Wrist Talisman

Evolution of the Species
------------------------
Given by:  Harrison Blake
Reward: QL3 Luck Talisman

Hulk Smash
----------
Given by:  Ann Radcliffe 
Reward: QL3 Occult Talisman

Full Metal Golem
----------------
Starting Coords:  621,671 
Given by:  Scrapyard Edgar
Reward: QL3 Waist Talisman

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Ok so we are just going to go back to Kingsmouth and do side quests and look for the dungeon then. I will probably have to look up a vendor guide or something to see if I can get her a rifle somewhere. I appreciate the input. I really wanted to go into the game blind so my wife and I could experience it together but I didn't realize it departed so much from the standard MMO formula.

It honestly doesn't deviate very much. "Side" missions (the green ones) are pretty much for flavor only; you don't need to do any of them to progress. Doing exclusively the story, you may fall a bit behind, but knocking out a handful of "main" missions every so often will keep you up. Dungeons are 100% optional, but a good experience.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You should want to do dungeons because the normal/elite ones are basically the best part of this game.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
What's the best way to find a group for dungeons?

Also, I keep picking up weapon/talisman toolkits, but have no idea where to obtain anything better than "base" level materials to craft with. Is most of my gear going to come from drops/mission rewards, or am I expected to be upgrading poo poo as I go along?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ghost of Starman posted:

Also, I keep picking up weapon/talisman toolkits, but have no idea where to obtain anything better than "base" level materials to craft with. Is most of my gear going to come from drops/mission rewards, or am I expected to be upgrading poo poo as I go along?

Crafting items is largely a wasted effort. You'll replace things with mission rewards and zone tokens (or maybe just buying stuff on the Auction House) more reasonably than crafting.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Brave New World posted:

I'd recommend turning off the double-tap dodge right away, or you'll risk throwing your computer out the window when you hit the first stealth mission! It also helps save dodges for when you really need them.

E: I started a new pistol/shotgun character and am most of the way through Egypt. I've gotten to the point where I've filled out most of the pistol/shotgun trees, but I haven't changed up my build in a long time. Any recommendations on improvements / things I should be shooting for? I'm currently running (solo):

http://www.tsw-builder.com/#87v700800704702802806765a40p805801705612421332121a43

just swapping out the AoE for Breaching Shot and Deadly Aim whenever I feel like running a dungeon. It's worked well so far for everything that doesn't need healing (like multi-wave defenses with no pauses between waves), but I've also been slightly over-equipped for most content so far. Maybe try to base around weakness rather than shoe-horning affliction? Or sneaking in Seal the Deal?

Stickman fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 5, 2015

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Ghost of Starman posted:

Yeah, just buy greens off the auction house if you feel like something is lagging (or craft a green - usually cheap!) Until you hit QL10, you'll be replacing gear too fast to make it worth putting much effort in to. You should also have 300 black bullion about the time you hit level 10 in your weapons/talismans, which is enough to get a purple QL10 from the faction vendors (and then just buy a green/blue glyph off the AH). I'm not sure I totally recommend this yet - it made my repair bills shoot through the roof.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Ghost of Starman posted:

The previous advice about obtaining gear upgrades through mission rewards, dungeon drops and the auction house is spot on. Crafting weapons really only has a use at the end game and if you want a specific skin from a QL specific weapon. To address your concern about better than base level crafting materials, you can convert your base materials into a higher level at a 5:1 rate. You can also disassemble material into a lower grade at a 4:1 ratio. You can also disassemble useless weapons, talismans and potions for crafting materials.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Stickman posted:

Yeah, just buy greens off the auction house if you feel like something is lagging (or craft a green - usually cheap!) Until you hit QL10, you'll be replacing gear too fast to make it worth putting much effort in to. You should also have 300 black bullion about the time you hit level 10 in your weapons/talismans, which is enough to get a purple QL10 from the faction vendors (and then just buy a green/blue glyph off the AH). I'm not sure I totally recommend this yet - it made my repair bills shoot through the roof.

You'll start making a lot of money just from missions in trans, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah but the option to go straight for purpz can get pricey for a new or returning player and make missions straight up not worth doing because you may die. Or just get naked before doing sabotage stuff.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
If you're Illuminati I feel bad for you son, I'll invite you to Goonthulhu and being cabal-less won't be one (of your problems, idiot). :smug:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

So I just got back into TSW after being away since Issue 7. I like what they've done with it a lot. The new augment system adds some more depth to builds, the new issues are fantastic so far, and it seems as though they've streamlined the gear grind.

I'm still roaming around in AR/Blood using suppressing fire and bloodshot since that was apparently a good build back in the day. I was apparently in Awful LLC which was empty so I've dropped that cabal for now. Eventually I think I'll need to figure out what builds to run and cabal to join for casual nightmare dungeons. But yeah, this is pretty fun.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Dear Diary,

Today I learned about Rockabilly from Japanese Elvis. He gave me a wicked boom box. While wandering Tokyo and blasting the TURBO BASS, I laid to rest a dancing zombie. It was a good day.

Edit: I'm always impressed by the writing and storytelling in this game. It's good to see them add some humor into it.

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 8, 2015

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Propagandist posted:

Dear Diary,

Today I learned about Rockabilly from Japanese Elvis. He gave me a wicked boom box. While wandering Tokyo and blasting the TURBO BASS, I laid to rest a dancing zombie. It was a good day.

Edit: I'm always impressed by the writing and storytelling in this game. It's good to see them add some humor into it.

Ricky is 3rd best NPC in the game, and thats only because they don't show more of him.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I have to agree that's one of the greatest missions in the game now if only they could release poo poo more often I'd be really happy.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I'm at least in the boat where I've not done any dungeons at all, so I've got a lot of content ahead of me to experience. I'm not sure where exactly to get started. I do know that I need to do some dungeons and then kill a gatekeeper in order to access NM dungeons and rake in sweet BBs.

Do I need to do the normals, then elites, then gatemaster or should I skip the normals? I'm in QL10 blues with some 10.1 purples from the issues, and two QL10 purple custom weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The later dungeons don't even come in normal anymore, it's just the first few but those can be skipped if you want to. I think it's a little detrimental since you probably won't take the time to take it all in on elite but it's up to you or ypu could just come back later and perhaps even carry low level people.

• Locked thread