Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's official folks!!! akebono vs bob sapp 2 is on!!!

Can't wait for Sapp to either end his 12 fight losing streak, not show up or tap to punches in the first 30 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Good for Sapp

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

origami posted:

Good for Sapp

I love The Beast because he makes no bones about what he is in the game for.

It's money, if you were wondering. Money.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Captain Log posted:

I love The Beast because he makes no bones about what he is in the game for.

It's money, if you were wondering. Money.

Bob Sapp is the smartest MMA fighter/kickboxer in the history of either sport and if you disagree you are just fundamentally wrong.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Bushmeister posted:

Bob Sapp is the smartest MMA fighter/kickboxer in the history of either sport and if you disagree you are just fundamentally wrong.

JT said he was genuinely loveable if not loving bizarre, there's loads of footage of him at the after party from SFL1 and rather than pretending to be injured he was doing all kinds of acrobatics, stealing microphones and interviewing people asking them how bad he was and how good JT was and then pretending to cry. He could have some serious mental illness he was that manic. The SFL didn't release the footage because it was all just so strange.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I will weep with joy if Bob Sapp beats Akebono.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
as part of their commitment to making the most unwatchable tournament of all time, Satoshi Ishii has been added to the Rizin whateverweight GP

also Vitaly Minakov is going to fight Josh "Huggy Bear" Copeland on fight pass http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/13/9728462/bellator-heavyweight-champion-vitaly-minakov-faces-ufc-veteran-in

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
folks, i am hearing that jose canseco may be making his long anticipated return to japan...

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Last I heard from Caneseco, his finger literally fell off at a poker table.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

folks, i am hearing that jose canseco may be making his long anticipated return to japan...

I hope they do the Musashi/Mousasi thing and book Ken Kaneko/Canseco.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Double post

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

King Mo vs a British late replacement because Godbeer got injured
Goran Reljic vs. Vadim Nemkov
Satoshi Ishii vs. Jiri Prochazka
Teodoras Aukstuolis vs. Bruno Cappelozza

the brackets have been engineered for a Mo/Ishii final, this is going to be the worst tournament of all time

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I remember that Canseco had a finger fall off at a poker table. I unfortunately don't remember why it fell off.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Canseco says he shot his own finger off cleaning a handgun with a round still chambered, (true he shot his own finger off, probably not true the way it happened as "I was cleaning my gun" is more often than not what you tell the hospital when you were doing something extremely stupid with a gun that resulted in self injury so they don't call the cops.) He later claimed the stitching came undone and his finger fell off playing poker, which was determined to be a lie because it is Jose Canseco.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Hahahahahhaaaa, also, holy poo poo: https://books.google.com/books?id=M...epage&q&f=false

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

poo poo

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

mama mia

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Doesn't work my phone?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee posted:

Doesn't work my phone?

The shady guy from WSOF with the implausible name was an informant against terrorists.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

CommonShore posted:

The shady guy from WSOF with the implausible name was an informant against terrorists.

You stopped reading too soon. He was 'acting' as an informant against terrorists, but a prematurely-terminated polygraph raises suspicion that he was a double agent.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I got the impression that he kind of blew his cover by bragging about being an FBI stooge, but the page before that is blocked and seems to provide more context into what was happening.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'd been trying to figure out who I thought the mayor of Alexandria in Walking Dead looked like.
It's totally Clay Guida:

e: I just realized Clay is still a UFC fighter. Just not good, and worsened by association with Jason.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 3, 2015

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

More info on Ali Abdelaziz's shadiness: http://realfightstories.com/2015/12/02/real-ali-abdel-aziz/

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rat in a Cage is a beautiful title for that article, just sayin'.

e. Anyone under 30 claiming to be a red belt in judo is getting into Frank Dux levels of bullshit.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 3, 2015

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

EmmyOk posted:

There must be nothing worse than realising you are about to be smashed and also knowing there is not a thing you can do to stop it.

My favorite is when Chael was looking up at anderson after he missed the spinning back fist. You can see him suddenly regret those years of poo poo talk.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udi4oWwiloc

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I DVR'ed the Bellator show, is it worth watching?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

What's the working relationship between Bellator and Sakakibara? They kept puffing RIZIN and Fedor especially on commentary during fights.

edit: I guess they have something going on with Spike TV actually.

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 5, 2015

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Seems worth mentioning that Stephan Puetz lost his M-1 Global Light Heavyweight title to Viktor Nemkov yesterday. It was a majority decision, 50-46, 50-46, 49-49, I'd have to rewatch it but at the time I thought that Puetz won the first 3 rounds.

Ramazan Emeev defended the Middleweight title against Liugi Fioravanti, a name I haven't heard since the glorious BattleGrounds one night Welterweight tournament. Emeev won as Fioravanti's corner didn't let him go out for the 5th round, he was just generally outclassed everywhere. It was a decent decision to just end it there.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
you forgot to mention this glorious piece of hardware:

also this is cool https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/672953930037506049

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

This is the most interesting thing to ever come out of WSOF.

edit:

quote:

His FBI jacket refers to Abdel Aziz as the codename “Tap Out” based on his proclivity for being submitted in his fights.

holy lol

Food Court Druid fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 5, 2015

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So my mate Reece McLaren has taken a short notice fight against Strigel in One FC.

I dont know anything about this other dude.

I trained with Reece a few times in brisbane when he was working up here before he went pro. Super nice guy with a real interesting fight bio. He actually lost to Ben Nguyen who keeps starching dudes in the ufc.

Why hes someone to watch: he just got promoted to brown belt in bjj, he is a golden gloves boxer, he recently got selected as an alternate for the commonwealth games in wrestling.

Dude is legit well rounded and a super cool bloke, can anyone tell me anything about his opponent.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Dude is legit well rounded and a super cool bloke, can anyone tell me anything about his opponent.

If you really want to help a mate out find out his opponents phone number and call it at really bad hours, both his mobile and house phone, interrupted sleep isn't good for recovery and they won't be able to train as much. If you can do it via Skype from a proxy in another country so as not to get caught and get other people to do it it works best.

Don't try and poison their food, the police really dont like it.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

BlindSite posted:

So my mate Reece McLaren has taken a short notice fight against Strigel in One FC.

I dont know anything about this other dude.

I trained with Reece a few times in brisbane when he was working up here before he went pro. Super nice guy with a real interesting fight bio. He actually lost to Ben Nguyen who keeps starching dudes in the ufc.

Why hes someone to watch: he just got promoted to brown belt in bjj, he is a golden gloves boxer, he recently got selected as an alternate for the commonwealth games in wrestling.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mark-Striegl-50217

This guy, on Friday? Big thing that stands out is that of his 14 wins, 12 are submissions and none are KO/TKO.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
ahaha Sapp vs Akebono 2 is going to be held under shootboxing rules, with the chairman of shootboxing as a special guest referee, ensuring that neither can gets the easy out of laying down and tapping out to weak hammerfists

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Triticum Guzzler posted:

ahaha Sapp vs Akebono 2 is going to be held under shootboxing rules, with the chairman of shootboxing as a special guest referee, ensuring that neither can gets the easy out of laying down and tapping out to weak hammerfists
Sapp can just flop after a whiffed jab, he is much too smart for such pathetic schemes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ditch posted:

Sapp can just flop after a whiffed jab, he is much too smart for such pathetic schemes.

Knowing Sapp, he'll do the full on Flair flop just to make it worth everyone's time.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Surprise! Cyborg no longer planning to cut to 140, also will defend her title against another person no one has ever heard of.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

colonel_korn posted:

Surprise! Cyborg no longer planning to cut to 140, also will defend her title against another person no one has ever heard of.

Cindy Dandois is the Belgian judo champion who Meisha Tate brought in to prep her for Rousey. She is nowhere near as good as Meisha Tate, and she has lost to Tonya Evinger at 135. In her last fight she got beaten up by a C-league brawler for a round and a half before scoring a sloppy triangle.

In other words, she's going to do worse than Charmaine Tweet, who was at least big enough to be fighting at 145

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Not gonna lie -- I thought that Fedor for Breakfast as was pretty fun. As in, those actors look like they're more into Fedor than anyone I can imagine.