Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
My plans for my day off have come together nicely, Toulon-Clermont later should be tasty, Racing-Toulose is on now and top of the table Connacht (!!) taking on Munster in between the French fixtures.

Hoping at least one of these games delivers, especially since last night's Ulster-Leinster match was an 8-3 snore-a-thon.

When did Toby Flood go to Toulouse? I'd forgotten he existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
He's been there since 2013 I believe.

Watching the replay of Wasps-Toulon now, I already knew the outcome but it is entertaining as heck to see Toulon get their asses kicked.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I managed to catch the highlights of that game too it is amazing seeing Toulon fail, good to see Quade's having an impact in France. Happy to see Piutau play well too, a good few Ulster fans are speculating he'll never make it over to Ulster since we're so poo poo and Wasps just skullfucked Toulon. I honestly wouldn't blame him if he tried to get out of coming here.

Connacht just beat Munster in Thomond, I can't believe that I can actually type that.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 28, 2015

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
The pitch in the Toulon game is shocking.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Connacht are actually, legitimately, really 4 points clear at the top of the Pro 12 table, and have already played Glasgow and Munster away.

The only mildly interesting thing in the Ospreys vs Cardiff derby match was Justin Tipuric jiggling to the 60's Batman song.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Connacht have assembled a quality 15 on the low, I'm really envious. Glad the days of them being a Leinster feeder team are over even if it means Ulster are the new worst team in Ireland.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Probably due to their sweet Green Lantern kit yesterday.

In all seriousness, it's good to see Connacht not being the whipping boys in Ireland, even if it means that the Scottish sides will get pumped by all four Irish teams now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Eric Rush's eulogy for Jonah and the haka... :gonk:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Eric Rush's eulogy for Jonah and the haka... :gonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0usuQlyWV3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YAVhdVzNMQ

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
One of Jonah's sons is the absolute spit of him.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
I'm up at 8am (American East Coast time) watching England vs Spain in Women's 7s Rugby.

What happened in my life to get me here.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Brett824 posted:

I'm up at 8am (American East Coast time) watching England vs Spain in Women's 7s Rugby.

What happened in my life to get me here.

A glorious miracle! (is not what the USA Women have had though)

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Heyneke Meyer stood down, though he would have been fired anyway

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
I saw that. Is it over the loss to Japan? Or is it really about failing to meet the transformation objectives? Or a third thing, like having "only" a 67ish percent win rate?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Little from column A, little from column B I suspect.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
And the next coach of the Springboks is....Eddie Jones!

I mean I just assumed, since apparently he can't get a visa to move to England.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It looks like Allister Coetzee will be appointed as coach. He was assistant coach to Jake White between 2004 to 2007, as well as a selector for the team in 2000. Since then, he's been assistant coach with the Cats in 2006, backline coach for the Stormers in 2008 and 2009, and has been head coach of Western Province between 2008 to 2015, during which time they won the Currie Cup twice (2012 and 2014), as well as head coach of the Stormers between 2010 and 2015. He has been with the Kobelco Steelers in Japan this year. I'm guessing if he's appointed, he'll finish up the season since the Top League finishes up around when Super Rugby starts.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/15/12/04/mike-wear-player-mic-world-first

I look forward to a lot of swearing and not much else being broadcast to the sporting world.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
How the hell does that work? Is he just not going to do anything that might involve tackling?

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

goatface posted:

How the hell does that work? Is he just not going to do anything that might involve tackling?

They mic'ed up Jamie Peacock in a league match a while ago and it seemed to work alright, tackles and all. They may well have done it with other players too, that's just one I remember in particular.

Scrum half would be a well good position for a player mic as well, I hope it works well.

Still B.A.E fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 4, 2015

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

goatface posted:

They mic up NFL players so I imagine that tackles aren't really going to be an issue for the microphones. Though it getting broken in the first 5 minutes of the match wouldn't surprise me in the sligthest.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Vaders Jester posted:

They mic up NFL players so I imagine that tackles aren't really going to be an issue for the microphones. Though it getting broken in the first 5 minutes of the match wouldn't surprise me in the sligthest.

Yeah, but they have helmets to hide them in. It's less about the mic getting broken, more about the battery pack hurting someone if they fall on it funny.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Vaders Jester posted:

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/15/12/04/mike-wear-player-mic-world-first

I look forward to a lot of swearing and not much else being broadcast to the sporting world.

You're 100% right if this is any indicator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKVkpm9F3pA

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

tarbrush posted:

Yeah, but they have helmets to hide them in. It's less about the mic getting broken, more about the battery pack hurting someone if they fall on it funny.

That's true, suppose they might put it in with the GPS tracker in the back or something?

Edinburgh are 14-0 down but they are playing into a storm though at the rate the Ulster players are getting injured, Edinburgh might not have anyone to play against in the second half :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ulster are winning.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Edinburgh are terrible.

e: Defence is alright but they just cannot build any kind of attack.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 4, 2015

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Just hoping Henderson's back for the 6N now :( can confirm the wind here is horrendous tonight, so bad it blew the pizza I was bringing home clean out of my hands and into the gutter.

At least Ulster are winning!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've only caught the last 20 minutes, but Ulster have looked like the only team playing. Ref and his assistants are a bit bad, but that's nothing new.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Edinburgh are too scared to kick and pin back Ulster in their own 22 and are just letting Ulster run at them. The Edinburgh backs are shite and totally squander anything the forwards managed to do.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

so bad it blew the pizza I was bringing home clean out of my hands and into the gutter.

You have my sincerest condolences, Friday night pizza is one of life's treasures.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

tarbrush posted:

You have my sincerest condolences, Friday night pizza is one of life's treasures.

Thanks for your kind words, luckily the pizza man saw it all and took pity, my beer and the Rugby just wouldn't have been the same without it.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Thanks for your kind words, luckily the pizza man saw it all and took pity, my beer and the Rugby just wouldn't have been the same without it.

Hats off to the pizza man. I had contemplated pizza tonight but then a slate came off the roof opposite my flat and cracked a windscreen and I decided I didn't want to be picking masonry out of my face on my walk to dominoes.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Vaders Jester posted:

Hats off to the pizza man. I had contemplated pizza tonight but then a slate came off the roof opposite my flat and cracked a windscreen and I decided I didn't want to be picking masonry out of my face on my walk to dominoes.

Delivery? Then you can help the delivery guy pick masonry out of his face.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Unimpressed posted:

Delivery? Then you can help the delivery guy pick masonry out of his face.

Seems a bit harsh consigning a person to their death over dominoes pizza.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

je suis MyChemicalImballance

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Holy crap, the USA rugby sevens team beat New Zealand

:911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Andy Goode has new hair for his pundit job.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Did he finally shave his head or what?

Something majestic about a fat bald 10 though, always liked Andy.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Did he finally shave his head or what?

Something majestic about a fat bald 10 though, always liked Andy.

He's had hair treatment. RIP skullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Dallaglio didn't need any hair treatment. :colbert: