Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've gotten 8 in total, and I mine every single goddamn day. Cletus got like 12 in one day alone.

The worst part about the guild armour crafting isn't those shards, it's the fact a full set per armour type requires 240 crystalline ore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

^^^ :stonk:

malhavok posted:

That's insane, you get maybe 15-20 per DS run.

Yeah, so if you want all 3 weights, light/medium/heavy, you're looking at 720 crystalline ore :rip:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
"Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder"

from the TOS

both winning and losing are against the rules gg

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

Sounds like standard QA testing (test intended functionality using a script).
They need to add in some ideas from security testing and test for unintended functionality and emergent exploits, you know, like people who actually play the game.
Standard QA testing for idiots or brand new QAEs, maybe. (I'm a professional QAE, literally sitting at my desk right now posting between testing software)

Real QAEs are supposed to question design decisions and, well, do exactly what you said in your second sentence. :)

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

This .gif is more horrifying than every Asura pic combined.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CLAM DOWN posted:

^^^ :stonk:

Yeah, so if you want all 3 weights, light/medium/heavy, you're looking at 720 crystalline ore :rip:
And to top it off the guild insignia recipe costs 10 ore, too. I was super excited because I want to make the heavy legs for my guardian and realised I only had 40 ore because I haven't been doing Dragon's Stand.

minus the walrus
Apr 8, 2007

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed with the crystalline ore requirements. It makes sense for the vendors and stuff in HoT, but I don't see why they have to gate guild hall stuff with it too. Maybe they'll change it like they did with the furniture.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
GW2 HoT: Maybe they'll change it.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Why couldn't they at least use a fairly even mix of all the currencies? It feels like crystalline ore is used way more than everything else. I don't want to spend all eternity farming dragon's stand.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

lmao

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kenshin posted:

Standard QA testing for idiots or brand new QAEs, maybe. (I'm a professional QAE, literally sitting at my desk right now posting between testing software)

Real QAEs are supposed to question design decisions and, well, do exactly what you said in your second sentence. :)

I... I wish that happened here. :smith:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So i was sitting at 14 wins, lost a match and got kicked to emerald division. The wins cheevo is still sitting at 14 even.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What else do you need for the guild armor? Can you get them via other means?

I thought the light armor legs look nice so whenever I get my PC fixed I might try to make them unless its another gold sink.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

What else do you need for the guild armor? Can you get them via other means?

Crystalline ore and the shards from guild hall nodes for the insignia. No other means that I'm aware of.

Good new thread title btw thanks kewpuh

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

kewpuh when did you get into goon squad :tinfoil:

e:

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 4, 2015

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
It seems like they finally got around to adding in some new stuff but failed to test or actually play the game mode.

You can replace the above with PvE, PvP or WvW game modes for Heart of Thorns.

It's almost like they are trying to beat out some other imaginary MMO, but the rest of the genre is killing itself slowly at the same time. WoW/FFXIV are the two I've played in the past couple months and they both seem to have declining subs after their latest expansion lost steam.

I'm still playing almost everyday but I mostly just gently caress around in the guild hall/chat, do some JPs or run Fractals since they're just dungeons with a different name and arguably better rewards. They seemed to have a switched gears to catering to the dudes farming Silverwastes. I was hoping there would be a point to grinding out these factions but without new skins I just feel like I'm grinding for useless reputation (or for map completion :fist:). Please don't die GW2, SAB OR RIOT!

Edit: reading this post again it sounds like a repeat of launch week HoT, sorry for that. I love the game but I just don't like where its headed as of right now.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 4, 2015

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It's only natural that the entire MMO market winds down as Star Citizen gets into gear.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

If the forums don't survive the downtime tonight it'll be a just end to this thread.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

All current MMOs are bad, and I do not like this because I would much prefer them to be good.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Vargs posted:

All current MMOs are bad, and I do not like this because I would much prefer them to be good.

Same.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

Crystalline ore and the shards from guild hall nodes for the insignia. No other means that I'm aware of.

Good new thread title btw thanks kewpuh

You say that you can only get 20 ore per dragon's stand but is that daily or per dragons stand event completion?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

You say that you can only get 20 ore per dragon's stand but is that daily or per dragons stand event completion?

I didn't say that, I have no idea how much you can get total or how it works. I've only had time for I think 3 dragons stand since HoT launch and I've gotten like ~12 ore in each.

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
afaik the bulk of your crystalline ore farming will come from noxious pods at the end of every DS. I think I've farmed maybe 150 pieces from about 7-8 DS runs? Nevermore requires like 500 but christ I'm already bored shitless of DS, dont think I'll ever be bothered to farm that much.

any spvp nerds know what the best track is for pure money making? I've been playing the poo poo out of spvp but scared my hard earned points are going into a poo poo track :ohdear: we should get cryst ore from pvp

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Oh boy, the forums are back!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Mizuti posted:

Oh boy, the forums are back!

Oh god the perspective.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Hurp Durp Master posted:

afaik the bulk of your crystalline ore farming will come from noxious pods at the end of every DS. I think I've farmed maybe 150 pieces from about 7-8 DS runs? Nevermore requires like 500 but christ I'm already bored shitless of DS, dont think I'll ever be bothered to farm that much.

any spvp nerds know what the best track is for pure money making? I've been playing the poo poo out of spvp but scared my hard earned points are going into a poo poo track :ohdear: we should get cryst ore from pvp

dry top one is apparently ok now

avoid the dungeon tracks, except maybe COE for charged lodestones

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Dreggon posted:

avoid the dungeon tracks, except maybe COE for charged lodestones
Unless you're after skins (though probably only worth it for Arah since that takes forver?)

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Don't forget to get the Guild Percentage buff for reward tracks, if you can get a partial group, it's pretty easy to blow through tracks using unranked que.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Hurp Durp Master posted:

Dry top is good for the sand and the things that come out of sand. If you're in a gambling mood, go for the paths that give out BL keys.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I got some ~HoT~ gossip from an insider. WvW overhaul late feb, early march.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Is our wvw rank finally going to display by our name in wvw

I need more flair

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ask your 'insider' to give us actual info on wvw because it's one of the few things i really enjoy and if it's ruined by some guild poo poo then lmao

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Cletus is Cletus' insider. He's a double agent.

e: poo poo I hope I didn't just blow your cover

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Visidan posted:

What about guardian warhorn?

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
My only 2 80s are a Daredevil and a Berserker and I've been having tons of fun with them (PvE mainly, only some really casual sPVP on the Daredevil).

However, judging by the talk on various forums, my enjoyment of these two classes will probably only last until I decide to play another class.

That said, Mesmer, Ele, or Necro?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Zakmonster posted:

Yes. But also Rev.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Zakmonster posted:

My only 2 80s are a Daredevil and a Berserker and I've been having tons of fun with them (PvE mainly, only some really casual sPVP on the Daredevil).

However, judging by the talk on various forums, my enjoyment of these two classes will probably only last until I decide to play another class.

I have both of these and a Chronomancer and love all three.

That said I only just got the Daredevil to 80 and I'm utterly useless in PvP and probably any high-end PvE with her because I'm only just figuring out how to use the class, so I stick to my Chronomancer or Berserker for that.

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 4, 2015

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
Couldn't post this when I got it since forums were down, but I am now a proud owner of a Space Axe!

Very happy with it - the footprints, unsheathe effects, and space arms are all amazing.

That said, I don't think I'll ever want to craft a HoT legendary ever again.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

That thing is waaaaaay cooler in person than the previews or screenshots would lead you to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Gdi I want the space axe, about how much gold did it run you?

• Locked thread