Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

User Error posted:

I'm considering running with WRL at NCM next year because Chumpcar keeps changing the rules and the owner is a dick. They recently made Bilsteins legal and next year after market springs are legal which means I need to spend another $800 to keep up and they've really jerked around turbocharged cars. WRL seems much more straightforward.

That is exactly why we jumped ship and got out of Chumpcar completely this year. We were sick of spending a week reading over the new rules every winter to make sure out car was still legal. Come race WRL for a couple races and you'll be happy you did. I'm pretty sure NCM is one of the races we're running next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parid
Mar 18, 2004

Their kick starter launched today. A bit more detail on what podium is going to be like and a video. Yours truely is in a couple of the shots in the video. Look for the white/blue RX7 navigating the waters at PIR with the big tablet in the middle of the dash.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/autosportlabs/racecapture-and-podium-race-it-share-it-prove-it

NitroSpazzz posted:

That is exactly why we jumped ship and got out of Chumpcar completely this year. We were sick of spending a week reading over the new rules every winter to make sure out car was still legal. Come race WRL for a couple races and you'll be happy you did. I'm pretty sure NCM is one of the races we're running next year.

Same. I'm 100% Lucky Dog next year. Maybe some lemons guest driving with other teams. I'm tired of the fake rules not even pretending to be enforced, silly things the rules made me do building my car (and all the money I wasted doing that), and the terrible event execution.

Joey puts on a great race. I can't recommend both Lucky Dog and WRL enough.

parid fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 3, 2015

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Same with JAB. Dunno if we're racing the Golf this year though.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

parid posted:

Their kick starter launched today. A bit more detail on what podium is going to be like and a video. Yours truely is in a couple of the shots in the video. Look for the white/blue RX7 navigating the waters at PIR with the big tablet in the middle of the dash.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/autosportlabs/racecapture-and-podium-race-it-share-it-prove-it
That's pretty cool.

parid posted:

Same. I'm 100% Lucky Dog next year. Maybe some lemons guest driving with other teams. I'm tired of the fake rules not even pretending to be enforced, silly things the rules made me do building my car (and all the money I wasted doing that), and the terrible event execution.

Joey puts on a great race. I can't recommend both Lucky Dog and WRL enough.
Haven't tried Lucky Dog yet but I might run with another team for an event with them next year. AIV and the BS rules were just too much and seeing what some of the favored teams got away with was annoying as hell. Joey has always been great to work with so we didn't hesitate at all going over to WRL. So glad we made the jump.

drgitlin posted:

Same with JAB. Dunno if we're racing the Golf this year though.
Working on another car or taking a season off?

Here's the races we plan on running in 2016: May 7/8 High Plains, June 18/19 Atlanta Motorsports Park, July 30/31 Gingerman, September 10/11 Pittsburgh International and November 5/6 National Corvette Museum. Going to be another year of new tracks, only one we've run before is Gingerman. Should be a fun year and I think they've decided to run the E30 vert for another season instead of building another car.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
Say what you want about Cumpcar, but at the pointy end the racing is incredibly close.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Working on another car or taking a season off?

An E36 is in the works, but it might not be ready for this year.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

This is less for the other guys since the team is based out of WI and most of

What team do you drive for?

parid
Mar 18, 2004

FatCow posted:

Say what you want about Chumpcar, but at the pointy end the racing is incredibly close.

There really are 4 chumpcars. Your experiance will vary between them. The rules are read differently, the fields have different cars, and the event staff is different.

I see no significant difference in reduction of competitiveness of fields on the west coast with any of the other series.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

extreme_accordion posted:

What team do you drive for?

Missing Link Motorsports. Team is a guy we met at a few HPDE's, his friend, Dad and I.

Car is a red E30 convertible that is affectionately referred to as the E30 pickup. #86

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 5, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Well this was definitely a way to end our first race in the Lexus

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Raccoon? How many hours in and left in the race?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ground hog. 7 hour race, 20 minutes to go. Came in at 8th place, retired and finished at 17th.

This is our first race, so we ran an extra stop to get everyone in the car. So far the carnage has been: reattaching a window strap, headlight, minor door ding, and a ground hog destroying our radiator.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

SpaceRangerJoe posted:

I had my E36 at the track the other day, and it ran pretty well all weekend. This is at a local track, Motor Sport Ranch in Cresson. This is from the last session of the day, where I spent the whole time chasing down a new GT3. I'm not a great driver, but I put together a decent string of laps. They told me I can ask for a check ride to their advanced run group whenever I want, so that's nice. Feel free to judge my driving and lack of interior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSjl2CtiV5Y

First few laps are 1:25s, which I'm told is a pretty good time for street legal tires and the hp/weight I have. I got one 1:24 that weekend.

3:20 - only two off, still good

5:05 - a little counter steer, nbd. Never lift

6:40 - even polite on track. Someday I'm going to go off because of this. I only hope I have video going when it happens.

8:23 - crawling through a few turns now that I caught the Porsche. I don't know what I'd do with the speed in the straights the Porsche has.

Nice driving, I like how did get a little loose while giving that guy the thank-you wave. Just remember: Never be polite.

I'm kicking myself for not getting down there for a track day while I was living in DFW, looks like a really fun track.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Racers - what do you have for gear? I'm going to be buying a suit, boots, gloves, etc soon and I'm curious what other people use. I don't really have the option of trying anything as there are zero places local to me.

SpaceRangerJoe posted:

I had my E36 at the track the other day, and it ran pretty well all weekend. This is at a local track, Motor Sport Ranch in Cresson. This is from the last session of the day, where I spent the whole time chasing down a new GT3. I'm not a great driver, but I put together a decent string of laps. They told me I can ask for a check ride to their advanced run group whenever I want, so that's nice. Feel free to judge my driving and lack of interior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSjl2CtiV5Y

First few laps are 1:25s, which I'm told is a pretty good time for street legal tires and the hp/weight I have. I got one 1:24 that weekend.

3:20 - only two off, still good

5:05 - a little counter steer, nbd. Never lift

6:40 - even polite on track. Someday I'm going to go off because of this. I only hope I have video going when it happens.

8:23 - crawling through a few turns now that I caught the Porsche. I don't know what I'd do with the speed in the straights the Porsche has.

Is that a 330mm or 350mm wheel? What do you think of it?

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Crustashio posted:

Racers - what do you have for gear? I'm going to be buying a suit, boots, gloves, etc soon and I'm curious what other people use. I don't really have the option of trying anything as there are zero places local to me.

If you can't try stuff on, it will be a bit of a gamble. The different manufacturers whose gear I've tried on (mainly Sparco and OMP) have had some differences in sizing, between each other and compared to "normal clothes". Most decent places that sell them have a good idea of what sizes from what brands fit for someones actual body size, and they'll know what size adjustments to make.

I got a full FIA-approved flame-retardant kit a few years ago. Basically went with whatever was locally available and not too horribly expensive that fit. Ended up with a Sparco Sprint suit+gloves, OMP boots, and a mix of both for the underwear bits.

Underwear is easy. It's all pretty stretchy, and as long as you don't go way too small it'll work. If you are doing any kind of endurance racing where you will do multiple stints, get an extra balaclava+shirt. They get sweaty and nasty and have to come in close proximity to your face when putting them back on for the second stint. I have a Sparco balaclava with an embroidered logo just in front of my mouth, it's annoying as hell. Avoid that if possible.

The suit should be pretty loose when you're standing up, so that it doesn't get too tight over your rear end and back when in a racing seat. Would probably work just going one size up from what you would normally wear, and it shouldn't be a problem if arms/legs are a little bit too long. Also it might be worth it going for something thinner and/or more breathable. It is always way too loving hot in a race car.

Boots were the tricky part for me. I tried Sparco, AlpineStars and OMP at a sort-of-local shop. I have pretty large and overly wide feet (basically 10-10.5 in length and ~11.5 in width), and everything was really narrow. Of the various models of those three brands I tried, an OMP boot was the only one I could wear without discomfort. They're not fun to walk in, but driving is fine (and they did get a bit better after some use). Good part about having wide feet though is I can do heel-and-toe braking with just the ball of my right foot in most cars. If you have a bit more average feet it should be a lot easier, but I would strongly recommend trying out someone else's boots for some kind of size comparison before ordering anything.

Also if you want to look properly racer-cool when hanging out in the pits you need to color-match boots+suit+gloves. Where I bought the suit they had some on sale, but only blue in an appropriate size. So, I have it all in blue with white trim and an enormous white helmet, and I look like a smurf. Should have gone with black, but whatever you think looks good. Just don't get white, unless you drive for some pro team that has people that endlessly cleans everything, all the things including you will get dirty.

You didn't mention helments, so I'll assume you got that covered. That stuff gets complex, and depends a bit on what you're driving.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bam: 2nd place on our debut weekend.

I feel like I've been hit by a god drat truck. So sore.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Fatal accident at buttonwillow today (no details). Be careful out there.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I knew the guy fairly well. Sucks.

From what I am hearing he lost it coming out of the esses and hit a corner station.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Race? Time trials? DE?

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer
poo poo. What car? Extremespeed was running that event looks like.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Ivo from Renner, very experienced racer. Don't know what he was driving, or if it was time attack or just an HDPE.

Edit- E46, not sure if it was the crazy widebody one or not. Went into the station driver's door first. Passenger is in pretty bad shape.

jamal fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 7, 2015

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
Jesus gently caress that sucks so much. He was such a nice guy. I hope his brother and rest of the family are holding up alright.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Crustashio posted:

I went super cheap, think it was a saferacer.com package. OMP multi-layer suit (screw nomex underwear), gloves and boots. Basic balaclava and socks off Amazon. Bought a cheap helmet off eBay which was a mistake, it fits but after an hour it's uncomfortable as hell. I share a HANS with Dad and personally won't get into a car without it.

SpaceRangerJoe
Dec 24, 2003

The little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

Dave Inc. posted:

Nice driving, I like how did get a little loose while giving that guy the thank-you wave. Just remember: Never be polite.
Yeah, it's kinda dumb. I just need to make a point of being more social between sessions. The track is the wrong place for that. There is a bump right at that apex, and it bites people all the time. I saw several cars in the grass outside that turn. The people on the inside grass thought they could save it and end up in a tank slapper and go off inside. If you hit the spot right, your momentum should be carrying you out at that point so it doesn't upset the balance as much.

quote:

I'm kicking myself for not getting down there for a track day while I was living in DFW, looks like a really fun track.
I don't have anything to compare it to because I've never driven anywhere else, but I really like it. The 3.1 mile track there is a ton of fun though.

Crustashio posted:

Is that a 330mm or 350mm wheel? What do you think of it?
I'm not sure, it was on there when I got the car. As it sits now, I don't like it. It cuts off the top of the speedo and tach from my view. It's also kind of falling apart. I'm going to get new seat mounts soon which should be lower, so that should help. I think it's a little on the small side too, so I may go slightly larger when I replace it.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

ionn posted:

If you can't try stuff on, it will be a bit of a gamble. The different manufacturers whose gear I've tried on (mainly Sparco and OMP) have had some differences in sizing, between each other and compared to "normal clothes". Most decent places that sell them have a good idea of what sizes from what brands fit for someones actual body size, and they'll know what size adjustments to make.

I got a full FIA-approved flame-retardant kit a few years ago. Basically went with whatever was locally available and not too horribly expensive that fit. Ended up with a Sparco Sprint suit+gloves, OMP boots, and a mix of both for the underwear bits.

Underwear is easy. It's all pretty stretchy, and as long as you don't go way too small it'll work. If you are doing any kind of endurance racing where you will do multiple stints, get an extra balaclava+shirt. They get sweaty and nasty and have to come in close proximity to your face when putting them back on for the second stint. I have a Sparco balaclava with an embroidered logo just in front of my mouth, it's annoying as hell. Avoid that if possible.

The suit should be pretty loose when you're standing up, so that it doesn't get too tight over your rear end and back when in a racing seat. Would probably work just going one size up from what you would normally wear, and it shouldn't be a problem if arms/legs are a little bit too long. Also it might be worth it going for something thinner and/or more breathable. It is always way too loving hot in a race car.

Boots were the tricky part for me. I tried Sparco, AlpineStars and OMP at a sort-of-local shop. I have pretty large and overly wide feet (basically 10-10.5 in length and ~11.5 in width), and everything was really narrow. Of the various models of those three brands I tried, an OMP boot was the only one I could wear without discomfort. They're not fun to walk in, but driving is fine (and they did get a bit better after some use). Good part about having wide feet though is I can do heel-and-toe braking with just the ball of my right foot in most cars. If you have a bit more average feet it should be a lot easier, but I would strongly recommend trying out someone else's boots for some kind of size comparison before ordering anything.

Also if you want to look properly racer-cool when hanging out in the pits you need to color-match boots+suit+gloves. Where I bought the suit they had some on sale, but only blue in an appropriate size. So, I have it all in blue with white trim and an enormous white helmet, and I look like a smurf. Should have gone with black, but whatever you think looks good. Just don't get white, unless you drive for some pro team that has people that endlessly cleans everything, all the things including you will get dirty.

You didn't mention helments, so I'll assume you got that covered. That stuff gets complex, and depends a bit on what you're driving.

Thanks for the info. I have all my measurements so I've been going through various manufacturer sizing charts to see what jives. Sparco seems to be out - I'd have to get an XL to fit my waist but it would be comically oversized everywhere else. OMP and gforce seem to have sizing that would fit a little better, but it's all still sized for people with normal proportions. I was thinking either the First S (http://www.ompamerica.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_4/products_id/635) or the 545 (http://www.gforce.com/products/suits/4545.php).

Boots I think will be pretty easy, I easily fit into chucks which are pretty narrow. Velcro top closure seems like a good idea.

I'm planning to get a light colour - either blue or red. Black would look less dirty but our sprint racing involves a lot of standing around in the sun so I don't think I'd like the heatsoak.

I haven't bought a helmet yet, but I've been waiting for HJC to release their SA2015 stuff. I've worn a few of theirs and they fit well so I will probably stick with their stuff.

SpaceRangerJoe posted:

I'm not sure, it was on there when I got the car. As it sits now, I don't like it. It cuts off the top of the speedo and tach from my view. It's also kind of falling apart. I'm going to get new seat mounts soon which should be lower, so that should help. I think it's a little on the small side too, so I may go slightly larger when I replace it.

I keep forgetting the US e36s stopped having tilt steering around '96. Mine is a Canadian model so I could tilt a small wheel off track to see the gauges. On track I don't have much use for the speedo/tach though. IMO the e36 needs a small wheel, the power steering is not all that heavy and even the Z3 rack leads to crossing up in tighter corners. I find smaller wheels easier to shuffle steer/take a bite out.

SpaceRangerJoe
Dec 24, 2003

The little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

Crustashio posted:

I keep forgetting the US e36s stopped having tilt steering around '96. Mine is a Canadian model so I could tilt a small wheel off track to see the gauges. On track I don't have much use for the speedo/tach though. IMO the e36 needs a small wheel, the power steering is not all that heavy and even the Z3 rack leads to crossing up in tighter corners. I find smaller wheels easier to shuffle steer/take a bite out.
If the wheel was closer to me, I'd be much happier. I also want to get an LED shift light, and the tach will matter a lot less.

I ordered some goodies for the M3 this week. New front LCA bushings and mount, spherical RTAB, new wheel studs and nuts. That stuff will go in with a new (used) tranny and drivers side motor mount (this one is getting melty). Then it should feel like a whole new car(ish).

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

parid posted:

It's like the exact thing as the Track Attack app but they haven't incorporated the ODB2 yet and they're both in Seattle. So, halfway between Track Attack/Harry's Laptimer and Traqmate. This is already a packed market to enter.

If they could figure out how to combine the Tactrix software with with the telemetry and phone app logging for <$300, they could probably push out Traqmate and those lower level telemetry systems.

Also, a CAN port shouldn't be hard to add and can add logging for many, many sensors with CAN I/O modules located around the vehicle.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I've used some dumb paid Android app with the worst worst UI and RaceChrono.

I just popped open the RaceChrono manual and apparently they're selling a kit which has basically everything I use, even down to the 3M double locking tape.

RaceChrono Pro (multiple external data inputs) is $20, a QStarz is $85, a Nexus 7 is on sale for $100, add some misc mounting hardware stuff, and you're basically at $250 for a pre-existing kit. That has support. That is well documented. Etc etc.

Also, an Aim Solo is $400 and its accelerometer isn't garbage. The DL is $$$$ though.

sig11
Sep 9, 2005
Stop fucking my horse with asparagus.

Crustashio posted:

Thanks for the info. I have all my measurements so I've been going through various manufacturer sizing charts to see what jives. Sparco seems to be out - I'd have to get an XL to fit my waist but it would be comically oversized everywhere else. OMP and gforce seem to have sizing that would fit a little better, but it's all still sized for people with normal proportions. I was thinking either the First S (http://www.ompamerica.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_4/products_id/635) or the 545 (http://www.gforce.com/products/suits/4545.php).
For just a little more you can get a custom suit. I think I gave right around $550 for my RaceQuip. You can get an idea here: http://www.customshopusa.com/dspitem.asp?CatID=27&SubCatID=58) I got mine from Averil Racing Stuff here just outside Detroit. They're made just as well as the standard Gforce and OMP probably even the bigger brands and you have the big advantage of the suit fitting perfectly if you're tall and not fat. (Or maybe even if you're fat too : )

Crustashio posted:

I'm planning to get a light colour - either blue or red. Black would look less dirty but our sprint racing involves a lot of standing around in the sun so I don't think I'd like the heatsoak.

I got yellow and black and it isn't too terrible in the sun. I stick out like a sore thumb though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
:yum:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Ah you're one of the teams running the cheaty weight reducing exhaust setups, clever. Looks like that will be another consumable for you guys.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
For someone with a fast street car (09 CTS-V) but a severe lack of helmet room, what kind of track day seat would the thread recommend? It's certainly not about to be a dedicated track car, rather something I can have fun with on track days or drag. The stupid base seats have an apparent height from top of the padding with nobody in them to the floor beneath care of tape measure of 7". Electric seats are basically high chairs it seems.

A guy at work said he can handle short commutes and even trips in a bucket seat and recommended an EVO II - I'm 6'3", #200 and have a 36" waist. For very long trips I'd just put the stock seat back in. Something that can handle the hour drive to San Antonio and back after a few passes is all I'm really looking for. The local affordable track is only 30 minutes away, and Circuit of the Americas is even closer.

If there are comfortable sport seat options that are worth leaving in until I put stockers back in for sale, I'd just as soon do that, but I'm having trouble finding a place where I can go try some out locally. I live in Austin, TX if anyone happens to know a good shop.

Also, big brembos are generally fine granted you bleed and fill with racing brake fluid, right? I expect the tires I have on it to get slimed pretty quick and limit my track time, but I'm definitely not about to let myself boil my fluid on a track.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

If you need to keep your stock 3-point seatbelt, that will limit how deep of a bucket you can go. So not EVO II - you'll probably need a "street" seat from them or one of the other usual racing seat manufacturers. Dunno if anyone here would know about CTS-V fitments, you might have to ask a CTS-specific forum.

If you're a beginner to early intermediate, your brakes will be fine with just fresh, high-quality fluid. Eventually you'll need race brake pads, too.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
I haven't even thought of that point, crap. I've seen now that I've googled it people getting 3 points to work with a bucket, but no, it's not a given.

The forums on the subject are either "I can't find the stupid $5K a set recaros, I'm trading in for a -V with them" (but those have LESS headroom, sigh) or people putting in chrono roads or R600s. Looks like I know what to go for.

If this turns into a huge PITA and I have to just trade in, what's generally known for headroom and good for track days besides Mustangs? I owned a 2012 and loved it. I also test drove a WRX and an STi and they have TONS of headroom and I absolutely loved the seats, so that's another option.

Edit: why is this dangerous?

Space Whale fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 13, 2016

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Might be passable. The important thing is the fit on you - the lap belt needs to be low and tight and sit on the top of your hip bones. The shoulder belt needs to go across your clavicle and sternum. If that belt routing allows for that fitment, it's OK.

I'm partial to german cars, but it's been my experience that most people should fit in most cars that lack a sunroof.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Remember you're ripping out side airbags and airbag weight sensors in the seat when you swap seats in a modern car.
As a fairly tall guy myself, my recommendation is to try a new car (do you have a sunroof?), deal with the fact your head can't move much, or gangster lean. I've leaned toward the last two.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Because you are loving with the stock safety system while still using some of it. Without the stock seat in there the airbags aren't going to go off, something the car and safety system wasn't designed to have happen.

Basically, you run all the stock stuff, or go all the way with a roll bar + race seat + 6 point harnesses + hans, and ideally you have a full cage with fabricated seat and belt mounts and a halo seat. You could add a cg lock or maybe an asm 4-pt.

jamal fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 13, 2016

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
I wasn't looking at serious racing with wheel to wheel stuff or aggressive passing, just open "track day" events, and a more comfortable trip down a strip as far as my neck goes.

If even then it's that dangerous to lose the side airbags, I should probably get one of those kits to fasten a 4 point to the rear seat belt mounts. The front airbags still work in a -V with the seat out, but it will throw codes for the side ones. I'd really rather avoid having to get a harness bar in a -V and I'd trade the car in before getting a cage.

Better to have had my dream car briefly than never at all, I guess. Besides "NO SUNROOF" any advice for picking a good car to sit up straight in with torso-tall people? Newer WRX and STis are great, my prior '12 mustang was a dream for headroom - what other RWD go fast brake hard turn quick cars are good for headroom?

Maybe I just need to join the boost buggy crowd.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
4 points are loving dangerous, I'm hesitant to even recommend the Schroth.

Run all of the OEM safety stuff plus a helmet or rip everything out to replace with a bucket seat plus 5/6 point harnesses (and harness bar/cage) with an airbag-less steering wheel.

Everything in between is significantly less safe since airbags are called Supplemental Restraining Systems.

As for cars with good headroom and a V8, have you considered a C5Z06? The interior is practically begging to be ripped out. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Good safety tip: Don't crash.