Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Supercar Gautier posted:

the Game Awards honours all of the big celebs in gameing... from Tony Fox, to Toby Hawk

Shut up retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i'll just hope against all the odds that mgr2 will be revealed

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Hi guys, long time lurker and I wanted to hop in with a message before the VGA's. I've been a fan of this sub ever since I finished the story of V, and while I did love it I'm very excited for more content like you.
The main thing that I wanted to say is that we have a lot of reasons to be optimistic for what's to come. We've seen a lot of stuff about V emerge over the past few weeks, and honestly? I doubt all of it is true. Some of the things I read seem to be a bit of a stretch, and while my opinion may not be valid in some cases, I figure a few of them can be chalked down to coincidence.
That said. There are way too many of those coincidences.
First we found the files. Then we got encouraged to continue exploring the game. Then we got Quiet back. Then Konami spoke about Nuclear Disarmament. Then Kojima was announced to be a part the VGA's. Then we found out a ton of the game's stars were attending the VGA's. Then we found out the unrevealed dev team at the awards. Then we saw Keighley's "good luck charm." And throughout all of this, we have not been discouraged by anyone from the dev team. In fact, Konami has actively been encouraging this. Coincidences can only go so far, and the probability of this all just being wacky happenstance gets lower and lower with each one.
I suppose there is the possibility of this all being a massive prank. But if it is, I'd like to think that we've gotten to the point where we can definitely call ourselves "not entirely crazy" for believing the things we've seen on the subreddit. Either way, thank you all for giving me something to be invested in for the past month or so. This is probably the craziest thing I've been a part of online, and it's wonderful. Thanks for all the theories (even if I didn't believe all of them), sources and articles that made me reevaluate the story of V. I hope we're all right. But if not, we'll become shining lights to our brothers in arms... even in death.
You're all diamonds. #neverbegameover

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm not gonna read that

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Geoff, trying to read award for game other than MGSV: No! I can't do it!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
geoff getting trolled by an audience of smash fans

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I think I'll live if I can't live post about this dumbass event.

They're going to announce Chapter Three: Peace during this dumbass event.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

konami is patching mgsv to remove content

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ME: What do you mean I JUST missed breakfast? I want a God drat McSkillet Burrito!
DRIVE THROUGH SPEAKER: I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Konami Announces Through Press Release: Castlevania Sucks, Always Has

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

ME: What do you mean I JUST missed breakfast? I want a God drat McSkillet Burrito!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
When are the forums going down ?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

rediscover posted:

When are the forums going down ?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm not gonna read that

It's a fairly awesome copy/paste from the best website on the planet at the moment, the highly insane MGSV conspiracy theory subreddit r/NeverBeGameOver

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Venom is going to be announced for smash 4 during these awards.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

It's a fairly awesome copy/paste from the best website on the planet at the moment, the highly insane MGSV conspiracy theory subreddit r/NeverBeGameOver

I don't want it to be game over either.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder how much will be announced tonight since Sonys big gaming thing is on saturday

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Never Be Game Over reminds me of the insanely win clothes Japanese exchange students have at my college. Like just normal asain kids walking around with "gently caress" stenciled on their snapbacks

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

hahhahha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

hi where can i go to talk with my friends during this insanely important gamer's event

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

reddit dot com slash r slash never be game over.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

hi where can i go to talk with my friends during this insanely important gamer's event

My Steam chat window.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

*blush*

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

heres a linky to the livestream, only 3 hours to go til crushing disappointment or nauseating manic joy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4WXkKQiEw8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

heres a linky to the livestream, only 3 hours to go til crushing disappointment or nauseating manic joy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4WXkKQiEw8

Thanks, link added to the OP.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

FactsAreUseless posted:

Geoff, trying to read award for game other than MGSV: No! I can't do it!

I respect Geoff Keighley because even though he was lambasted for becoming the Dewrito Pope or whatever, when the MGSV long trailer reveal hit, he had tears in his eyes at the end. He is a gamer deep down.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

They're giving a posthumous "Industry Icon Award" to Westwood... Epic.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
lol some poor soul is going to have to unironically say the words "trending gamer" on a live broadcast tonight.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FuriousGeorge posted:

lol some poor soul is going to have to unironically say the words "trending gamer" on a live broadcast tonight.

i would be honored to just be part of the event

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FuriousGeorge posted:

LOL! It's a shame they couldn't scrounge up the cash for a top tier irony comedian, like former goon Jon Hendren, to really ironically say the words "trending gamer" on a live broadcast tonight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FuriousGeorge posted:

This will be hilarious, family guy monkey avatar man.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

This will be hilarious, family guy monkey avatar man.

I command you to WATCH THE GAME AWARDS!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

loving bullshit that the forums will be down. Doritos Pope FTW.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How i make steam chat room?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

You should be able to right click someone's username on you friend list and select 'start group chat' or something.

Soral
May 30, 2009

you can use a user group chat room or you can informally make one by opening a chat window with a friend, clicking the big down arrow button in the upper right hand corner, and selecting "add to chat" to manually add people on your list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

actually i just checked and the menu option is "invite to chat" my mistake

• Locked thread