Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Baller as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

So Jack will be revealed next chapter I assume

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kild posted:

So Jack will be revealed next chapter I assume

Buuuuuuut One Piece on break next week. :smithicide:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Baller as poo poo.

that fuckin cat

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy crap I love this chapter.

Minkmen are hella interesting.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Jack's bounty is 1 BILLION? So how high are the Four Emperors' bounties?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

Jack's bounty is 1 BILLION? So how high are the Four Emperors' bounties?

man Crocodile was small time.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

this chapter owns, one piece owns

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

This guy is my new favorite guy. I don't care about the other guys. This guy right here.

I also appreciate how some cat people are up at Dog o'clock, and some Dogs are up at Cat o'clock. For some reason it'd be less cool if it only applied to whatever type of animal they are.

I also like how it's ridiculous animal people fighting ridiculous people animals + fighting an elephant on the back of an even larger elephant.

hell astro course fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 4, 2015

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Inarashi is cool as gently caress. The best part about OP is the sheer number of awesome people, the main crew is just the most awesome.

I want to say more but I keep getting distracted by how loving cool that color spread is.

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

Space-Bird posted:

I also like how it's ridiculous animal people fighting ridiculous people animals + fighting an elephant on the back of an even larger elephant.

It's elephants all the way down.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This arc is amazing.

Those Catminks

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Spanish Matlock posted:

One of the best scenes recently hit the anime, in case anyone missed it you should definitely watch zoro fight a mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-tDHF5hNn8&t=1372s

Whoa. This is really bad. They somehow managed to make what should have been a 30 second slice fest into a five minute flying and talking about nothing-fest.

Chapter was good, though. I was a bit confused at the beginning of Zou but it's gotten way better in the last few weeks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like that the minkmen are actually putting up a fight instead of getting stomped. Also I guess the members of Kaidou's crew that are turning their hands into animal parts are using the artificial devil fruits then? So they're definitely not like a normal zoan fruit.

Also with Jack's bounty keep in mind it's not necessarily because of his strength. Kidd had such a large bounty because he was killing civilians for example, and Jack seems like a similar type of pirate.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Oh my loving god I just realized Zou is a zoo

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Space-Bird posted:

This guy is my new favorite guy. I don't care about the other guys. This guy right here.
Came here to post that.

This was a drat good chapter for cats, but that cat stole the show.

The worst thing about that cat is that Nekomamushi couldn't compete in his debut chapter...

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oh my loving god I just realized Zou is a zoo
Zou is also Japanese for Elephant. It's shockingly unsubtle, and was a hilarious reveal when the country of Zou was literally just an elephant.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 4, 2015

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Captain Morgan becomes Jack Daniels.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sub Harrison posted:

Captain Morgan becomes Jack Daniels.

Holy gently caress, I didn't get that connection. :aaaaa:

It would explain why Oda's been so secretive about showing his face. I guess we'll find out in two weeks! :v:

Morgan from 5 years prior to pre-time skip.

Kind of a stretch, but:

Early Morgan sketch.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 4, 2015

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Yeah, I'm not too impressed by the 1 billion berry bounty. This is a guy who won't even talk to the inhabitants of an island about the samurai he's looking for, he would rather raze the entire island on the off chance they're lying to him. He's called Jack the Drought because he leaves a wave of destruction in his path, and he's basically protected by being the right-hand of an Emperor. He's valuble in the sense that he needs to be stopped, hence the giant bounty. He's already looking weak getting his attack stopped by DayDog, and NightCat tossed him aside? It definitely seems like they forced him off the island, seeing as they're all still alive.

Edit: Oda was secretive about showing his face because he's a mammoth. What are we basing this Morgan stuff on, the fact that his eye is sort of similar, except Jack has veins bulging and Morgan doesn't, so they don't really even look that similar. This really feels like reaching. I mean, how many people thought Duval was going to be Don Krieg?

Advice fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 4, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Advice posted:

Yeah, I'm not too impressed by the 1 billion berry bounty. This is a guy who won't even talk to the inhabitants of an island about the samurai he's looking for, he would rather raze the entire island on the off chance they're lying to him. He's called Jack the Drought because he leaves a wave of destruction in his path, and he's basically protected by being the right-hand of an Emperor. He's valuble in the sense that he needs to be stopped, hence the giant bounty. He's already looking weak getting his attack stopped by DayDog, and NightCat tossed him aside? It definitely seems like they forced him off the island, seeing as they're all still alive.

Edit: Oda was secretive about showing his face because he's a mammoth. What are we basing this Morgan stuff on, the fact that his eye is sort of similar, except Jack has veins bulging and Morgan doesn't, so they don't really even look that similar. This really feels like reaching. I mean, how many people thought Duval was going to be Don Krieg?

Knowing Oda, he'd only hide a face if there's good reason we'd flip out on seeing the full face/body.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Advice posted:

People have been making comparisons to Morgan ever since Jack first showed up trying to free Doflamingo cause they appear to those metal grate things covering their mouths.

The power levels appear way too different though.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

People have been making comparisons to Morgan ever since Jack first showed up trying to free Doflamingo cause they appear to those metal grate things covering their mouths.

The power levels appear way too different though.

Maybe he just got swole/ate an Ancient Zoan Devil Fruit and defected from the Marines after being arrested?

It's not like it's unprecedented (eg X-Drake). It seems odd too that the last pic of Jack only shows his left arm and not his right.

Just because someone gets the drop on you doesn't automatically make you a weakling. Luffy was able to pull off a sick nasty Red Hawk on Dofy with Law's help.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 4, 2015

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Drake is almost definitely pulling a mole operation for the Marines. Wasn't he good friends with Smoker/Hina? We have no reason to believe he would suddenly defect, then try his rear end off to reach a high-ranking position specifically in Kaido's crew. Even Kizaru didn't know why he left, it's probably because there was no reason. He's on a secret op.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

KoB posted:

that fuckin cat

Which one?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Precedent as in a Marine seemingly joining sides with Kaidou, not necessarily with full allegiance. In Morgan's case, it'd be different since he was pretty much on his way to Impel Down already so he had nothing to lose. Diez Barrels was a full pirate ex-Marine too.

Is it really that hard to understand? :shrug: Either way, we'll most likely get a full body reveal in two weeks and I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong. I don't care, it's just idle fan speculation.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Advice posted:

Drake is almost definitely pulling a mole operation for the Marines. Wasn't he good friends with Smoker/Hina? We have no reason to believe he would suddenly defect, then try his rear end off to reach a high-ranking position specifically in Kaido's crew. Even Kizaru didn't know why he left, it's probably because there was no reason. He's on a secret op.

I think the friends thing is a fan theory. It's a nice theory and I do subscribe to it wishingly, but I don't think there's been any conclusive proof?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Now that I think about, if Drake were ever exposed as a double agent he'd mostly likely be executed by Kaidou immediately. I don't think Kaidou is someone who screws around with stuff like that, so Drake is taking a huge risk IMO.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
DayDog and Nightcat are pretty cool dudes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Baller as poo poo.
This is the only color spread to just make me stop and soak it all in. It's amazingly good

Chapter wasn't half bad either. Seems like Jack is going to reveal his human form next chapter maybe?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Wanna see the zebra and fox? wolf? musketeer in action now.

Also Cat-Jinbe owns, Zou still best arc.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Zou is really great.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Baller as poo poo.

poo poo, Brook. How'd you know that Binks of Liquor was my favorite album?

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Green Intern posted:

poo poo, Brook. How'd you know that Binks of Liquor was my favorite album?

Do they include those splash pages in the english SJ? I can see some parents get up in arms about a comic for kids promoting drinking Beer, Smoking, and hanging out with cats.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fooma posted:

Do they include those splash pages in the english SJ? I can see some parents get up in arms about a comic for kids promoting drinking Beer, Smoking, and hanging out with cats.

Those people can go gently caress themselves.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am very opposed to the hanging outs with of cats.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Do kids even buy volumes of One Piece in America?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

I am very opposed to the hanging outs with of cats.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

mycot posted:

Do kids even buy volumes of One Piece in America?

I would have, they should.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

You guys got me excited that black musketeer cat was the other Mink Lord and the actual guy wasn't as cool.

Having said that this arc has become pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Radish posted:

You guys got me excited that black musketeer cat was the other Mink Lord and the actual guy wasn't as cool.

Having said that this arc has become pretty great.

Judo flipping monster cat.