Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
The first character I stuck with and finished the story I only built my own mods and so was hampered by the crafting level gates, this time I have 1 Intelligence and just grab the mods off weapons I find. I've maxed out my many legendary pistols by like level 15. Idiot Savant indeed. I have a Violent .45 pipe revolver which is an absolute beast in VATS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

BenRGamer posted:

...will they still have the gear when you find them?

Yes. They'll just be sitting quietly and waiting for you to come rescue them, fully decked out in whetever they were wearing at the time they got nabbed. Guns and all.

It gets even more fun when the person who decided to report the kidnapping to you happens to be the person you assigned to be on caravan duty.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I found a never ending hunting rifle but I chucked that in the bin. Unlimited ammo is boring. It's no coincidence that mass effect added 'thermal clips' to every game after the first.

Meanwhile why is it that you can mod the fedora at the armour bench but not the military cap?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I built my first water purifier, and powered it up. Do I have to do anything else or should I start recieving purified water in my workbench shortly?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I built my first water purifier, and powered it up. Do I have to do anything else or should I start recieving purified water in my workbench shortly?

You'll get any excess, i.e., production minus settlers.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zephyrine posted:

I found a never ending hunting rifle but I chucked that in the bin. Unlimited ammo is boring. It's no coincidence that mass effect added 'thermal clips' to every game after the first.

Meanwhile why is it that you can mod the fedora at the armour bench but not the military cap?

It isn't unlimited ammo, it is unlimited clip size. You still use bullets, just never need to reload

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Azhais posted:

It isn't unlimited ammo, it is unlimited clip size. You still use bullets, just never need to reload

Yeah and to be fair, when do you ever have to reload in combat with a sniper rifle (or a minigun for that matter).

E: I've never had to reload my Gauss Rifle in combat, as its clip size was 20. Until I updated the Weapon Overhaul to version 1.3 and the mod owner changed the base clip size to 2 from 5, so now my upgraded clip size is 8. Even now I only have to reload only once in a while in combat, mostly because I installed a mod that makes encounters have 2-3 times the amount of enemies.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Zephyrine posted:

I'm kind of hoping that's a bug they will eventually sort out, because it really annoys me that I can't trick out the outfits I actually want to wear. Always sport either the military cap or the submarine first mate's one.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mackintosh posted:

I'm kind of hoping that's a bug they will eventually sort out, because it really annoys me that I can't trick out the outfits I actually want to wear. Always sport either the military cap or the submarine first mate's one.

Armorsmith Extended is pretty great.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Yeah, I know, but I'm holding off on mods until Bethesda releases the GECK. I've had enough issues with vanilla as it is and I'm never a big fan of starting over 90 hour long playthroughs.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mackintosh posted:

Yeah, I know, but I'm holding off on mods until Bethesda releases the GECK. I've had enough issues with vanilla as it is and I'm never a big fan of starting over 90 hour long playthroughs.

You can just install mods mid-game. The upshot to not having a GECK is that clean mods can't really break your game, I've added maybe 60 mods since I started. Worst thing that's happened to me is I lost a container full of goodies that I forgot to clean up before I uninstalled a settlement mod.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Sylink posted:

Can you explain this? I've beaten the game and read things but I'm not sure how thats possible.

Also, is there some counter to molotovs? I heal but burn faster than I can heal.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3511/

Here you go, this explains the steps to take, but basically don't push the brotherhood or the railroad too far and stick with the minute man. They'll basically nuke the institute on their own and the other factions are left standing around with their dicks in their hands.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Zodium posted:

You can just install mods mid-game. The upshot to not having a GECK is that clean mods can't really break your game, I've added maybe 60 mods since I started. Worst thing that's happened to me is I lost a container full of goodies that I forgot to clean up before I uninstalled a settlement mod.

Oh I know I can, I meant that if it broke something that could not be fixed by a simple uninstall :) I might give it a go once I finish this playthrough.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Legendary weapons trigger both my immersion autism and intense need to have the most ridiculously overpowered items in a videogame. Well played Bethesda.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Is there any fix for the bug where sanctuary causes game crashing?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mackintosh posted:

Oh I know I can, I meant that if it broke something that could not be fixed by a simple uninstall :) I might give it a go once I finish this playthrough.

What I'm saying is that can't really happen, mods can basically only adds things that an uninstall will easily clean up by "forgetting" the objects existed.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

Legendary weapons trigger both my immersion autism and intense need to have the most ridiculously overpowered items in a videogame. Well played Bethesda.

So you want either an Instigating or Two-Shot Gauss Rifle, then?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Gonkish posted:

So you want either an Instigating or Two-Shot Gauss Rifle, then?

Basically. I will sigh with disgust and cackle with delight every time I murder some poor raider.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Here you go, this explains the steps to take, but basically don't push the brotherhood or the railroad too far and stick with the minute man. They'll basically nuke the institute on their own and the other factions are left standing around with their dicks in their hands.
that's even more obscure than shooting hsu during the mr. house route in new vegas

savex
May 28, 2014
How do you easily grind companion perk? Other then console command...

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like this game really missed an opportunity by making most power armor sets you get come whole or nearly whole. It's kinda lame you just find whole x1 suits when that could have been a cool reward where it could have been some bobblehead type thing where you have to collect the parts one by one.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Some seem to be easier than others. The timer on how often they can 'approve' of something can be reset by saving and loading that save. So for Codsworth, just mod a weapon, save, reload, mod it again, repeat over and over. It's still tedious.

Can anyone tell me if the Blitz perk works with unarmed weapons? Knuckles/power fists, and the like. Also does the Grognak costume do the same? Or the chem Fury? The use of 'melee' to sometimes describe both unarmed and actual melee weapons, but not always, is confusing.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I feel like this game really missed an opportunity by making most power armor sets you get come whole or nearly whole. It's kinda lame you just find whole x1 suits when that could have been a cool reward where it could have been some bobblehead type thing where you have to collect the parts one by one.

I think it might be Luck dependent? I've found quite a few torso + 1 limb suits on my luck 2 character.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Well, there is apparently a full set of unique legendary PA parts scattered around (I've found 3 so far), so you could try to go for that?

But yeah, I agree. I would have a loved more unique stuff to find. I feel that its the fault of the random legendary system that we don't get more of them.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Lima posted:

I think it might be Luck dependent? I've found quite a few torso + 1 limb suits on my luck 2 character.

I don't really mean partial suits don't exist, once you start fighting power armored enemies you can get dozens of partial suits easily, I mean that in addition to that there is fairly easy access to full suits at every tier.

The game never feels set around building up a suit from parts, it always feels like you can get each tier of armor as a single unit. But the game design seems well suited for splitting up the parts and making them separate rewards. Like some "these 6 raiders split up the x1 armor and went to the deepest caves, go track them down like bobbleheads" would have been an okay quest and made the best tier of power armor feel more ultimate.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
The main plot is so bland in this game that I am actually kind of looking forward to the Japanese modders getting ahold of it and anime-izing everything. I mean, if we're gonna be stupid, let's go balls to the wall stupid!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Backhand posted:

The main plot is so bland in this game that I am actually kind of looking forward to the Japanese modders getting ahold of it and anime-izing everything. I mean, if we're gonna be stupid, let's go balls to the wall stupid!
:agreed:

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Haha so it just makes you ignore certain quests forever. Weird.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That reminds me of the very delicate path you can walk in Fallout 2 in order to become a made man of all the mafia families.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Sylink posted:

Haha so it just makes you ignore certain quests forever. Weird.

Yeah, getting kind of sick of this being labeled a "newly disovered secret ending omgzz!!!1". It's just how the Minutemen plot pans out by default and assumes you know how to read when you get the warnings that you're about to antagonize a faction.

If telling someone to just stop playing at a certain point constitutes an ending then I think I just discovered the Silver Shroud ending.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Deified Data posted:

If telling someone to just stop playing at a certain point constitutes an ending then I think I just discovered the Silver Shroud ending.
this will be canon

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I think I'm too good at stealth. Last night, I snuck into a well lit room, ended up face to face with a pair of Raiders. I shot one with Deliverer, the other one noticed that his friend had been killed and went into "is someone there?" mode. I'm literally 8 feet away. IN POWER ARMOR. I'm playing on Hard because I hate bullet sponges, but I'm on the verge of bumping up the difficulty just to introduce a challenge.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

I would pay IRL literal United States federal reserve notes for a mod that re-classifies pre-war money as something other than junk. Not much, maybe like three dollars or something, but the minimal effort it takes to avoid scrapping it is still excessive. Call it Misc maybe, or even Aid.

But I find it kinda hilarious that I'm level 43 or 44 by now, got my set of mixed T-60C and X-01 with some mild upgrades that I found by simple blood sweat and tears sitting back at Sanctuary (a few spare sets of T-45 and partial T-51's dumped in a closet) and and I just got myself aircrafted up into the Prydwen finally and my dude's just begging for his first set of power armor. Really all I need is a decent helmet cause I never managed to find a better one than the T-51 I already had, so that T-60 headpiece was nice to pick up.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 4, 2015

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Friar Zucchini posted:

I would pay IRL literal United States federal reserve notes for a mod that re-classifies pre-war money as something other than junk. Not much, maybe like three dollars or something, but the minimal effort it takes to avoid scrapping it is still excessive. Call it Misc maybe, or even Aid.

What else do you use it for? Honest question.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Friar Zucchini posted:

make it a consumable item that just spawns random fluttering dollar bill decorative objects right above you

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Deified Data posted:

It's Cloth when you break it down.

The way people have it stored, though, I wouldn't be surprised if they were using it as toilet paper. Gotta do what you gotta do in the Wasteland.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Deified Data posted:

Shooting flaming wads of cash at raider scum.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3149/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D3149&pUp=1

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Deified Data posted:

It weighs nothing but it's somewhat valuable, so I just use it as money let it sit around being valuable without anything worthwhile to spend it on cause I'm rolling in caps and the gun sellers didn't have anything good to spend it on until I just got to the guy at the Prydwen and I spent the mind-boggling sum of like 1600 caps or so so the pre-war poo poo continues to pile the gently caress up.

Johnny Truant posted:

Shooting flaming wads of cash at raider scum.
I should actually do this. I just ignored the junk gun when I cleared that place out cause it was heavy, might have to go back and pick it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Friar Zucchini posted:

It weighs nothing but it's somewhat valuable, so I just use it as money let it sit around being valuable without anything worthwhile to spend it on cause I'm rolling in caps and the gun sellers didn't have anything good to spend it on until I just got to the guy at the Prydwen and I spent the mind-boggling sum of like 1600 caps or so so the pre-war poo poo continues to pile the gently caress up.
I should actually do this. I just ignored the junk gun when I cleared that place out cause it was heavy, might have to go back and pick it up.

Yeah I took one level of Cap Collector at low level and I'm absolutely swimming in caps with not a goddamn thing to spend it on. Why anyone needs to set up stores to generate more money I'll never know.

• Locked thread