Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kegslayer posted:

Is it just me or does the trailer never show more than 4 or 5 seconds of continuous footage from the same scene?

I noticed the exact same thing, none of the scenes run longer than 3 seconds. It limits the amount of jittering poo poo you see so it makes it look almost good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

comatose posted:

I noticed the exact same thing, none of the scenes run longer than 3 seconds. It limits the amount of jittering poo poo you see so it makes it look almost good.

The low fps in some scenes is still really noticeable.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

flyboi posted:

Yeah after my experience with Towns, Starbound and Edge of Space I flat out don't do early access anymore unless the game is basically done. Overall early access is a cancer and many games shouldn't be in it or perpetually stuck in ear'y access.

I just noticed Edge of Space left early access and I'm going to bet the quests are still not implemented at all.

Early access is fine if you'd be happy with the game in it's current state. It's when you start banking on a game's potential that the trouble starts.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Adverts for jpegs while flying in your jpeg. In true CIG style it should be over complicated to make sure every shitizen's adverts are in sync

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

TTerrible posted:

Why is your PC rebooting itself every few days? Madness.

The latest Windows 10 update set the update settings to automatically reboot instead of asking for a time to do it. Also had a couple of freezes during the night with that new Windows build. I realize this is not in CIG's hands; but re-downloading from scratch when a download is aborted, that is the madness, especially given the size.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
For those of you still Speculating about Mr Smarts 'lawsuit'. from what I can see he doesn't have a leg to stand on. yes the game is a big pile of broken poo poo, yes they have spunked money on whatever they drat well please with no accountability and yes some very very shady dealings have definitely occurred. BUT they do have something out there so I don't see how he can possibly file a legal measure??

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

EightAce posted:

For those of you still Speculating about Mr Smarts 'lawsuit'. from what I can see he doesn't have a leg to stand on. yes the game is a big pile of broken poo poo, yes they have spunked money on whatever they drat well please with no accountability and yes some very very shady dealings have definitely occurred. BUT they do have something out there so I don't see how he can possibly file a legal measure??

I certainly hope that nobody in this thread genuinely believes anything was ever going to come of any of these "lawsuits". Discovering that they might actually exist in reality is shocking enough.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Let's not forget 2015-07-27:

e: I guess two weeks prior to that date :shrug:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Truga posted:

Let's not forget 2015-07-27:

e: I guess two weeks prior to that date :shrug:

Oh boy, what got posted?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Literally pictures of facebook comments

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3chb2q/derek_smart_apparently_wants_to_do_something/

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Wow.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Will there be a separate crowdfunding page/site/drive for the legal defense?

Yes. I wrote one up a couple hundred pages ago:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That is all.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

Firstly, a verdict or settlement might not be what he's after, but rather disclosure of finances in discovery. Secondly, I don't think it would be enough to have "something" out, they would have to show that they actually used the funds in accordance with what they promised backers. Thirdly, Derek might well have been told by his lawyers to shut the gently caress up because literally anything he writes publicly might damage the lawsuit.

...no, I don't think a lawsuit will happen. But I can hope against hope!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Daztek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf4zCCjBwOA

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Laggy Mocap Animation Reel Gameplay Trailer!

I'm sure you noticed it said playable now!

But!

quote:

Hey everybody,

I wanted to address confusion about the AC2.0 trailer. I know that the line about everything being playable in Alpha 2.0 had some backers excited thinking that Alpha 2.0 had gone live, or that it is about to go live tomorrow. Unfortunately, that is not the case! We are really sorry for folks mislead by that card, and so I’d like to explain exactly what happened.

What happened? We had an opportunity to get the 2.0 trailer exposed to a much bigger audience, but that required our turning in the trailer a while ago. At the time, we were on track to have 2.0 on the live servers by today or tomorrow. Unfortunately, as folks testing and observing know, we were hit with a slowdown bug that seemed to come out of nowhere. (For those not following the testing chatter, that’s why you haven’t see a PTU build in the last two days.) Knowing what we do now, we would have liked to have changed the exact wording on the trailer. Unfortunately, it was locked in well before the event.

So to be clear: Star Citizen 2.0 is not live for everyone yet. It’s currently available on the Public Test Universe (PTU) for the first 110,000 Citizens. An increasing number of folks have been helping us test builds for the past week, and everyone involved can attest to the fact that we’ve been doing some serious bug squashing. For now, Arena Commander 1.3 (and the Hangar and Social Modules) are available for everyone. We’re running a ‘free fly’ right now, so anyone who registers for an account can try out single-seat dogfighting, racing, Vanduul Swarm and more.

The plan is to roll out Alpha 2.0 to the live server as soon as we’ve resolved the current blockers. A whole lot of backer test pilots are helping make that a reality, and we will keep everyone updated as it happens. Keep watching the Comm-Link, enjoy free access to 1.3 for now and we’ll have Alpha 2.0 out to everyone as soon as it’s ready to go.

Ben

I, for one, an shocked that CIG allowed themselves to look incompetent because they failed to meet their own schedule.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Maybe we can sue Derek to see if he actually spent all his money on sueing CGI.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I, for one, an shocked that CIG allowed themselves to look incompetent because they failed to meet their own schedule.

That just means you are ludicrously shockingly ignorant of game development all games fail all deadlines all the time and the incredibly open development process is the reason we are privileged enough to witness them in public :smuggo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

It's December 4th, assuming something is happening or is going to happen it apparently needed November 30th to pass. Now it could need time for the mail system to deliver something, plus there might be a time limit on whatever that is.

Or maybe nothing at all is ever going to happen.

If you troll Derek into taking his ball and going home and he does do something legally epic, I'm going to be sad. If nothing much happens and we get into the 1st week of January I think you can safely troll him for a horrible lack of promised content then.

I think the safe bet is to assume nothing is going to happen, then you don't get disappointed and if it turns out you're wrong, awesome. It's a bit like Star Citizen really.

AP fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 4, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Derek Smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

Did :woof: eat the lawsuit? You used to talk about forcing them to reveal their accounts once the original Kickstater release date was late one year but it's been a good while since you went completely dark on the issue. Is accountability no longer an issue or do you now believe that what they released is enough to satisfy their original KS obligations?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

If you troll Derek into taking his ball and going home and he does do something legally epic, I'm going to be sad. If nothing much happens and we get into the 1st week of January I think you can safely troll him for a horrible lack of promised content then.

I'm certain derek isn't going to leave here ever, because it's the only place people actually read his posts.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Truga posted:

I'm certain derek isn't going to leave here ever, because it's the only place people actually read his posts.

People do that?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I skip the ones that are longer than 2-3 paragraphs, but yes, I read some of them.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lol if anyone though ds was actually going to do anything.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Rudager posted:

"It's not false advertising, it's just that the statements in the advertisement aren't technically 100% true right now, no biggie"

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

Other places read his posts too.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Derek Smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

Did :woof: eat the lawsuit? You used to talk about forcing them to reveal their accounts once the original Kickstater release date was late one year but it's been a good while since you went completely dark on the issue. Is accountability no longer an issue or do you now believe that what they released is enough to satisfy their original KS obligations?

No, I think what happened was his lawyers repeatedly punching him straight in the face until he stopped talking about this matter on a goddamn public forum.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR posted:

I've had a blast reading your stuff these last weeks but you should beware that after beating this drum with such gusto if this doesn't happen the goons are going to turn on you even faster than they did on SC. There's no "soon" here, no "we always knew that was the plan from the start", you'll get needled with it incessantly until you flip your poo poo.

SA is worse than the Iron Bank, in the end we always get our laughs one way or another.

^ THIS

Mr Smart you've been deliberately ignoring any mentions of the lawsuit and to me this looks like you're trying to pull a Chris Roberts with the deadlines, instead of saying "two weeks" you've simply stopped giving any release dates at all only you didn't even bother to tell us that much. The way you're acting it's starting to look like you are heading for default. Period. Full stop. End of story.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
At least tell us if the lawsuit is feature complete and if it's already in the QA stage.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Libluini posted:

No, I think what happened was his lawyers repeatedly punching him straight in the face until he stopped talking about this matter on a goddamn public forum.

I hope that's the case. I would hate to think that after all that bluster and bravado that DS would pull a Chris Roberts and fail to follow through on his own threats. I wouldn't be surprised though. Failing to meet expectations seems to be a central theme of the Star Citizen Experience.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

At least tell us if the lawsuit is feature complete and if it's already in the QA stage.

I'm testing the lawsuit on the PTU, but it keeps getting thrown out. Supposedly it's getting refiled later today, but it might be a few more days before it can be pushed live.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Libluini posted:

If that was the case he would have said "the lawsuit in about to be filled in ~*two weeks*~ and :woof: told me to stop talking about it in public". He's just hoping this will be forgotten in midst of CIGs clowshow.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I hope that's the case. I would hate to think that after all that bluster and bravado that DS would pull a Chris Roberts and fail to follow through on his own threats. I wouldn't be surprised though. Failing to meet expectations seems to be a central theme of the Star Citizen Experience.
Personally I never had any expectations, I just take note of the claims made. No point in saying "oh he won't ever file that lawsuit" when he was writing those posts, just wait and call him out if he fails to deliver, same as with CIG.

So D_Smart, what gives?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

There was never going to be a 'lawsuit'. Those are your words not mine.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I like the latest MeLKoR posts, while at the exact same time, according to Karl/Matilda2013/Raess on Reddit, he's nothing more than Derek Smart's cocksucker. Maybe the kind that uses his teeth.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

I am making a difference!

One more bug I noticed, you may have missed it.
At 1.13, and it is quite subtle, when I am about to land the whole world turns upside down, I have attached an image to try and show the bug, I think it's a bug:

You can see there that I am upside down

Also I keep getting an invisible gun, I can fire bullets but it looks like I am pissing bullets

1) The camera intentionally inverts because that's how it was designed. You are flipping over in the final landing phase. The second and third videos show how the HAIS works. Check it out and let me know if you see any room for improvement http://lodmmo.com/mediapage/

2) Yeah, we fixed that already in the 00.09.06.05 build currently on the Dev Staging Server (public access to internal builds). The .06 build goes live later today anyway; so that fixed is rolled it.

peter gabriel posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
Yeah. I actually made a note of that already. I guess some people just got used to pressing ESC key and nobody bothered to bitch about the exit button taking you out of the game completely.

Thing is that string won't fit in that box; so it will probably remain as-is but just add a Y|N prompt with a warning that you're about to quit the game.
If you put that box in for me Derek that will legit be my most impressive achievement in my life

It's done. I assigned it to my UI (we do these in Flash using Iggy). Will be in the .06 public and DSS build later today.

This is how I wrote it up last night, following your report

Also looking into the sound track issue as well; that should be an easy fix.

FYI. This is what's coming in the major aircraft unlock build. Sneak peak. Lighting and tone mapping not yet finished. Any you can ignore the skewed pov in one of the shots, that's from the editor, not the game client

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 4, 2015

legion989
Jan 18, 2013
Derek Smart, becoming the Chris Roberts of lawsuits.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

D. Smart threatened to follow through like dangerously wet fart after a curry but it was never likely to be more than a lot of hot smelly air. The best thing about his involvement is that even if Croberts actually finished the game and it was everything promised and we all end up living in a virtual Star Citizen reality, we'd still get to laugh at Smart for being so wrong.

D_Smart posted:

We'll see. If nothing else, 2016 is going to be very interesting.

I think my commentary on this farce has peaked; and nothing further needs to be said from my part; unless and until something new develops.

He's done.

Bold suggestion: we need a new thread and a new OP.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

I like the latest MeLKoR posts, while at the exact same time, according to Karl/Matilda2013/Raess on Reddit, he's nothing more than Derek Smart's cocksucker. Maybe the kind that uses his teeth.

That's because Karl can only measure other people with the same yardstick by which he measures himself, loyalty to his leader. There is no loyalty involved in laughing along with Derek Smart at CIGs shenanigans and I'm perfectly capable of laughing at two different things before lunch. I'll laugh at CIG whether or not DS is involved, if he provides more laughs great but that doesn't give him immunity to run his mouth and not get called on it later. As far as I'm concerned he can simply do a little mea culpa and say "yeah I got a little carried away and we can't really file a lawsuit at this point because" and I'll go back to laughing at whoever is trying to bullshit me at the moment. CIG is as good as money in the bank for that but if D_Smart continues to ignore the elephant in the room then it only increases his laugh index.

Be the bigger man Derek and you'll be able to keep your head held high, try to squirm out of some form of explanation and you'll only be making yourself into a target for no benefit at all.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Fair play to the mentalists on reddit, that's quite funny.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

alphabettitouretti posted:

Bold suggestion: we need a new thread and a new OP.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=bandit%20LOAF

I vote this guy

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

grimcreaper posted:

In all seriousness though, i dont know if HE can be the one to leverage any real legal stuff. Im no lawyer, but a judge would be hard pressed to see this as anything but "im trying to ruin their credibility so that my game has better sales"

That isn't really the way games work though. It's not a major purchase, even AAA games cost less than $100. Nobody is like, "I bought Skyrim therefore I won't ever buy the Witcher". Steam claims I have aquired 130 games since 2011, and that isn't even counting the few on Origin or whatever. Admittedly only a couple of those were brand new, full price games -- most of them were over year old and deeply discounted during one of the big sales, but still. The market can support more than one space sim in a given year.

It's consumable media, not a car. There is no need to defame 'competitors' when people who like space games will probably end up buying all the space games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Karl this would be the perfect moment for your apotheotic return. The thread is on the verge of turning on DS, if you'd come back at this crucial moment and guide us to the light of Chris Roberts you could permanently cripple He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Don't miss this golden opportunity! Who knows, you could even be made the next thread OP and cement Chris Robert's victory for all the world to see.

• Locked thread