Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistOfTacitus
Oct 21, 2009
I saw someone trip and fall on the way to work, but he didn't have to sit through either a digression on wrasslin' for inbreds or a bunch of would-be AM radio guests misinforming each other about the US political system, so I think he might have come out ahead. Did appear to get some sawdust in his nose, though, so that's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

NiceGuy posted:

Oh boy do I have something juicy for you guys.

I might just simply ask, do any of you recall the term 'affluenza'?

Here is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy

That article doesn't mention that the kid's father is facing charges for pretending to be a police officer as well:

“Fred Couch repeatedly told North Richland Hills patrol officers that he was a reserve officer with the Lakeside Police Department and displayed what appeared to be a police badge and ID”

What a loving mess of a family.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Eponine posted:

That article doesn't mention that the kid's father is facing charges for pretending to be a police officer as well:
What did they give him, a stern talking to?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

NiceGuy posted:

You'd think someone that rich could afford a haircut that didn't look like he did it himself

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
If his lawyer got him probation with that lovely defense, that video's not going to bother him unless his probation said he can't go to parties.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Dutymode posted:

If his lawyer got him probation with that lovely defense, that video's not going to bother him unless his probation said he can't go to parties.
Generally one drinks while playing beer pong, so that whole "don't drink" part of his probation is going to be a problem for him.

quote:

Couch’s probation terms stated he could not drive, drink alcohol or use drugs.

edit: and if you're saying the video on its own doesn't prove anything, you're right. But you've also got someone who says they've got more videos and who is probably more than happy to attest that the kid was drinking, so hopefully they can nail the rear end in a top hat to the wall.

Grey Fox has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Dec 3, 2015

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Grey Fox posted:

Generally one drinks while playing beer pong, so that whole "don't drink" part of his probation is going to be a problem for him.

Are they transparent cups? No? Well we can't know what was in those cups then can we?

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
I'll bet money he'll get off unless there's more video or his probation terms say he can't be around alcohol.

For the record, gently caress him.

Fake edit:

Indolent Bastard posted:

Are they transparent cups? No? Well we can't know what was in those cups then can we?

You don't even see him drink. He could say he wrecked the table to avoid drinking.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
If anybody was not going to the get the benefit of the doubt, I'd really really really hope it's the rich kid who's a 4x vehicular murderer playing beer pong on probation... But then again, the original ruling blew my loving mind so who knows?

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah unless twitter guy has videos of Afflu-murderer drinking, he'll get off. The video could be used as probable cause to test his blood, but alcohol is out of your system pretty quick.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

My bet would be that the person with the camera got plenty of good video, but it won't see the light of day until Gawker or some other outlet comes through with $$$$. It seems this person is doing the "smart" thing by releasing a teaser video that shows just enough to get people buzzing.

It's fine, though; anyone that manages to get this little poo poo put away deserves a healthy payday.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Marijuana, on the other hand...

No reason to suspect that, but at the same time, he's a teenager. That is what rich white kids do.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

NiceGuy posted:

Ha, nothing is gonna come of this.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
You fuckers are bumming me out.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
At least he's probably completely unemployable? I hope? Are his parents even that rich because they kind of seem like white trash that happens to make 6 figures but has no real savings or investments to keep it up if Dad loses his upper management job.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha, nothing is gonna come of this.

Yeah, if an "affluenza" defense kept him out of prison after killing four human beings, nobody is gonna care about a video of him doing something as minor as violating his probation.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Eponine posted:

At least he's probably completely unemployable? I hope? Are his parents even that rich because they kind of seem like white trash that happens to make 6 figures but has no real savings or investments to keep it up if Dad loses his upper management job.

George Zimmerman just tried to buy Darren Wilson a new house with the money he gained from selling poo poo paintings and tweeting pictures of Trayvon Martin's dead body. Affluenza boy is gonna be just fine.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Yeah, if an "affluenza" defense kept him out of prison after killing four human beings, nobody is gonna care about a video of him doing something as minor as violating his probation.

Hard to say, the burden of proof for probation violation is a lot less than a full criminal trial so we may get lucky.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Scruff McGruff posted:

Hard to say, the burden of proof for probation violation is a lot less than a full criminal trial so we may get lucky.

I'm hopeful as well. I am far, far from being a lawyer, so I'm probably missing something rather important, but if all that has to be proven (to whatever degree of "proven" is required in a case like this) is that rich-dipshit was drinking, then having a couple of people testify to the judge "He was drinking" might be enough to throw the book at him. Sure, the expensive defence attorney will smear the videographer and everybody else who was in the room at the time, but if they can get through that it shouldn't be too hard to convince a judge that they saw dipshit drinking.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
If, and it's a huge loving if, the D.A. or judge had any regrets about the original ruling, this is their opportunity to make up for it. There is absolutely no downside to putting him in jail.

Makes me wonder though if the guy with the videos already tried shaking down the parents. Because that's the biggest risk - the parents burying the footage.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
The psychologist that testified at his trial should be tried and jailed too.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Parts Kit posted:

The psychologist that testified at his trial should be tried and jailed too.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Meeting of Taliban leaders ends in gunfight.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34983477

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did they also make the fat kid draw their lovely comics before they'd get their meal?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
That just seems like a needlessly spiteful thing to do to a kid on their birthday, fat or not.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I deliver pizza and I always say "enjoy your meal" so that people say "you too" in response.

That's my story I hope you enjoyed it god bless.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Hornets nest + a stick

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nuggan posted:

Hornets nest + a stick

What good did he think would come from poking a hornet's nest? It is an act that is used as a metaphor for something you shouldn't do.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The NYT and AP got trolled by a fake Gamergate story from San Bernardino.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Firos posted:

I deliver pizza and I always say "enjoy your meal" so that people say "you too" in response.

That's my story I hope you enjoyed it god bless.

Good man, or woman, idk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-5mDyCKac

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If Trump wins, I am seriously, no joke, completely seriously thinking about moving to Canada. I'd rather live in a syrupy frozen wasteland than in Trumps Retarded States of America.

I love when people said this and harper was their pm. Sadly he lost so I can't take any freude in you or in canada having trumpbush as their leader.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Trump would do a pretty decent job I think.

Probably have less murders and killings than Obama at least.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

oldpainless posted:

Trump would do a pretty decent job I think.

Probably have less murders and killings than Obama at least.

One less stabbing than Carson though

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I guess you can laugh at the crazy timing of this, but I kind of caused a car accident for my neighbor and another lady.

We live down a single lane private road that meets the 50mph highway at short, steep slope. I left work an hour early due to illness and as I was arriving to turn right on our road my neighbor was pulling up to turn left on to the highway. I pulled to the side a little and was mostly out of the lane. It was 6am, dark, and rainy. Just as he started to pull out I saw headlights of a car coming in my lane and in a split second he was t-boned.

The cars ended up on the other side of the road, his in against the bank and her's parallel to his and someone's horn was stuck on (he was in a Honda civic, she in a Nissan Xterra) I could see her moving, but her car blocked me seeing him. With the speed of that impact, right on his door, i figured he was dead or severely injured as I was calling 911. I was getting out of my car, still on with dispatch, as he suddenly came around from behind the car, holding a sweater to his head and was checking the lady. I'd already told dispatch that I though he was unconscience so we were relieved he was out of the car. Just a few seconds after that a police officer showed up, who happened to be coming down the highway.

The fire station is only half a mile away so they were there within a couple minutes, too. The lady got out of her car OK and was super distressed thinking she'd just killed someone. The paramedics strapped her down since she said her chest and neck hurt. My neighbor had a pretty serious head wound and glass in his arms but otherwise said he was OK. They were both taken to the hospital to be checked out.

His wife walked up and was actually pretty cheery about it all saying he was tough and going to be just fine. Both cars were totaled and as the ambulances left they were still trying to shut off the horn of neighbor's car. I made a generic statement to the officers of what happened not wanting to point blame any direction. But, I've felt like the worst person ever since, if I wasn't pulled to the side to turn in this all wouldn't have happened as my neighbor couldn't see around me adequately.

I'll try to get a pic of the car, but the driver door is smashed half in to the driver seat. He said he was putting his seatbelt on as he pulled out, so he ended up flying into the passenger seat but wasn't sure what his head hit. His left ear was half cut off and was reattached and 11 stitches put in his head. Who knows what would've happened if he stayed in the seat since he would've been a bit crushed for sure. I dunno the condition of the lady, though the whiplash from going ~50mph into a car must be severe.

I imagine their insurances will be contacting me and I dunno what to say other than the strict facts (any advice? should I take pictures of where I was sitting and how it affected his view? or not worry about it at all?). I just wish I had been a minute sooner or later or not pulled to the side... it's a weird feeling. My neighbor came by today for my info and asked if I was pulled to the side fully or in the lane to see if she may have crossed the double yellow line to pass me. I think I was mostly out of the lane, though, on bit of shoulder before our turn.

What's also crazy is I'd just gone through a bunch of car crash vids from this thread and other recommends a few hours before, then suddenly one happened right in front of me. I don't see a specific car accident thread, so here's my story and you can smile at the misfortune!

Here's a pic of the intersection. I was pulled to the bottom right side with the front of my car near that 1st orange cone with my headlights and blinker on, so I think I was mostly out of the lane but for sure made seeing around me hard. Their cars ended up on the left just past the road sign.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

If your neighbor pulled out without being able to see what was coming he's 100% at fault. You couldn't do anything else as he was blocking you turning in.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pulling out never works...:(

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Pulling out never works...:(

...Said Snapchat a titty'smom.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

kizudarake posted:

...Said Snapchat a titty'smom.

Oh, you're siblings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Car turns in driver after hit and run:

http://www.wpbf.com/news/car-turns-driver-in-for-hitandrun/36755942

The second-to-last paragraph of that article is the kicker.