Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

I want surveys to start having control candidates. Include a name that’s normal (i.e. not “Deez Nuts”), but doesn’t belong to any registered candidate or famous person.

It would be interesting if serious candidates managed to poll lower than the control by being just that unlikable.

We already have one: "Jim Gilmore."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

The way things are going Rubio's mistress will turn out to be Jeb's! wife.

I'm still holding out hope for the rumor that Rubio is a billionaire's twink.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Shakugan posted:

Hahaha, 3%. Jeb can't fix poo poo.
Maybe he meant like they fixed Florida in 2000.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Mitt Romney posted:

36-16-14-12 is quite a good poll for Trump and by far the best result from CNN/ORC he's had so far.

edit: And with that Trump has reached his highest at RCP for the entire election: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

I've always said Carson (and earlier carly) being in 2nd were fantastic for him since those two are (were) pure name recognition and RNC / fox news boosts. He's solid nationally and is gaining on carsons decline- along with being in solid first in Iowa, NH, and SC. I mean he could still lose but at this point the people going on about he has "0% chance" are deluded to the realities of this election cycle.

I still think Cruz is the one to watch for, Rubio just has too many negatives for this anti-immigrant focused election. Cruz also seems to be the logical 2nd choice for trump supporters if he happens to melt down.

Shakugan posted:

Hahaha, 3%. Jeb can't fix poo poo.

I could see him gone before Iowa if he fucks up the next debate. He could still be forced to the kids table at this point right? I don't think 3% is enough.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Rubio mistress is Ivanka, Donald was always 5 steps ahead

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Patter Song posted:

We already have one: "Jim Gilmore."

Touché.

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

He could still be forced to the kids table at this point right? I don't think 3% is enough.

They’ll lower the threshold to allow him in.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 4, 2015

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SedanChair posted:

Rubio how can you do it, you even have a hot wife. drat you

Having a hotwife would necessitate having a mistress unless he just wants to get cucked

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Does anyone believe that a combination of belittlement and "starving the beast" could be Trump's kryptonite? He thrives on media attention and being top dog. Take those away from him--like a general election race would do--and he'd wither. We already saw his poll numbers droop when the cameras stopped focusing on him last month--it was only after Paris when he started saying outrageous poo poo again that they went back up.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jumpingmanjim posted:

The way things are going Rubio's mistress will turn out to be Jeb's! wife.

It'd be goddamn hilarious if it was Trump's wife though.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Does anyone believe that a combination of belittlement and "starving the beast" could be Trump's kryptonite? He thrives on media attention and being top dog. Take those away from him--like a general election race would do--and he'd wither. We already saw his poll numbers droop when the cameras stopped focusing on him last month--it was only after Paris when he started saying outrageous poo poo again that they went back up.

True, but that just proves that Trump is a very capable of recapturing the media narrative after it inevitably wanders away. There will always be SOME world/national event for him to say outrageous poo poo about. Before Paris, I did notice that he seemed a little stagnant, but I always assumed he would come back with a vengeance at some point.

Edit: However, if he made it to the general election, I think the outrageous stuff he would have to say about Clinton would be... I don't know, thermonuclear. He exists in an insane bubble right now, but the general election would be different (slightly less insane)

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There are only two ways I see trump going down. One is that his current base doesn't actually turn out on Election Day and two is if his base is frontrunning, which is a similar to the first. He's going to lose Iowa to Ted Cruz or whoever and will officially be a loser at that point. We'll see if that affects his turnout in NH.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The debate threshold is an average of 3.5 nationally or 4 in IA or 4 in NH. They're taking polls from 10/29-12/13. Jeb is guaranteed debate access, much like Kasich and Christie, through NH polling and, in Jeb's case, this is the first national poll counted below the 3.5% line. Jeb will be fine, and yesterday's NH poll bailed out Fiorina, who was on the cusp of demotion.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Patter Song posted:

The debate threshold is an average of 3.5 nationally or 4 in IA or 4 in NH. They're taking polls from 10/29-12/13. Jeb is guaranteed debate access, much like Kasich and Christie, through NH polling and, in Jeb's case, this is the first national poll counted below the 3.5% line. Jeb will be fine, and yesterday's NH poll bailed out Fiorina, who was on the cusp of demotion.
If I were Bobby Jindal I'd be kicking my own rear end right now. He could've played cards with the big boys if he would've stuck in there.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

thethreeman posted:

Is carly still in this for VP? What's her game at this point? Is she selling a book? Doesn't seem like the type who would parlay this into peddling miracle drugs. And not like she gets to personally keep any of the money her campaign raises. Cushy lobbyist/party positions maybe? Seems like unnecessary money, not to mention a step down, for ex CEO of an 11 figure public company who's worth $60M

Carly Fiorina heard about the concept of "failing upwards" and took exactly the wrong message from it. Failed as CEO? I should try for Senate! Failed at getting into Senate? Clearly I need to try for President.

Presumably when she fails at that too, she'll try to run for empress of the world or sovereign of the solar system, i mean, how else can you go upwards from president?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Patter Song posted:

So there's still no winnowing from the previous debate?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

Why are they STILL doing this crap?

They're actually going to make things WORSE and expand the debate field from the 8 it had narrowed to back to 9 since Paul averages 4% in NH despite falling below 3% nationally.

Jesus Christ stop flooding the stage with these losers. Only 6 of the Top 10 candidates have national averages of 3% or more. We should continue to NARROW the field. It went from 10 to 8, time to go from 8 to 6 at least.

I don't want to watch these losers, and it's bad for the establishment too since keeping them in only helps Trump by spreading out establishment voters among multiple candidates.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Why do you hate democracy?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

sharkbomb posted:

True, but that just proves that Trump is a very capable of recapturing the media narrative after it inevitably wanders away. There will always be SOME world/national event for him to say outrageous poo poo about. Before Paris, I did notice that he seemed a little stagnant, but I always assumed he would come back with a vengeance at some point.

Edit: However, if he made it to the general election, I think the outrageous stuff he would have to say about Clinton would be... I don't know, thermonuclear. He exists in an insane bubble right now, but the general election would be different (slightly less insane)

Right now Trump benefits from disgusting moderate republicans into going "gently caress all this poo poo" and dropping out of the likely voter group. That could be a problem in the(usually turnout dominated) general, but who knows.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The other losers would be dropping faster if Jeb! wasn't doing his damnedest to buy up all the airtime and instead let them blow some of their own PAC funbux

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!

Jumpingmanjim posted:

The way things are going Rubio's mistress will turn out to be Jeb!

Let's face it. Nothing is too crazy for this primary.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm not so sure about this political news website.

The source is a joke, but that's not the point of a whisper campaign now is it?

The Bush team has wanted to tar Rubio for a while now. Also added into the rumour mix: Rubio paid for his mistresses abortion!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I have some unbelievably exciting news!

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/12/03/bush-super-pac-to-tell-jebs-story-in-15-minute-documentary/

quote:

Voters will soon get 15 unfiltered minutes of the Jeb Bush story.

Right to Rise, the “super PAC” supporting Mr. Bush, has produced a 15-minute documentary featuring him and will release it online on Saturday and will later show it on television.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 18, 2016

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!

At last, a sedative more dangerous than fentanyl.

Fortunately, casualties should be minimal.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

If you were to rate the believability of my excitement for jeb! You'd have to rate it a 0.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

DARPA posted:

I'm still holding out hope for the rumor that Rubio is a billionaire's twink.

*shakes dice in fist* c'mon, c'mon

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 22, 2016

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Impressive how they managed to make a 15 minute documentary about the man without coordinating with him or his campaign.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Seeing this made my morning unbelievably exciting!

Yeah right, Jeb loving wishes he was in free fall. At least then he'd have been on top at one point.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Skydiving is exciting and high energy! Jeb!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

At least he hasn't had enough distance to build up much momentum.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!
I was pretty excited by this idea. But not enough for :effort:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Señor Bush, I'm sorry to say you did not meet the rigorous standards for the 'kiddie table' debate, as your support can only be measured in Planck units.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Wanamingo posted:

Yeah right, Jeb loving wishes he was in free fall. At least then he'd have been on top at one point.

Jeb was on top (healthily, in fact) in mid-July, but right after that is when Trump took off and, well, here we are.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
God bless the person who compiled that Ted Cruz footage. If we can't stop these terrible turds from pulling the levers can we at least do more poo poo like this that encourages them to let everyone know how bad they really are?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Wanamingo posted:

Jeb WAS on top. In loving June and maybe very early july and never since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

And now that we've learned that the woman involved in the San Bernardino shooting had "pledged allegience to ISIS," here comes a 10 point Trump Bump.

How long before the Trump campaign releases the "Trump Bump" novelty party song?

• Locked thread