Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fallen Rib

Was getting some serious "I Kill Giants" vibe from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Good art.
Terrible dialogue.

Axe was better.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
From that and the cinematics they do occasionally League of Legends seems to take itself way more seriously than Dota, which is weird since the character designs are a whole bunch zanier.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can someone post the part from Prez #6 where President Ross owns the senators who tried to powerplay her? (Well, technically SHE doesn't own them... she just made it so someone else does.)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Goddamned #1
:nws: Nudity when you blow up the images.

You could pretty much post the whole book in here. The Goddamned was a really good suprise for me. Really looking forward to #2.

Loved the portrayal of Noah.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

Can someone post the part from Prez #6 where President Ross owns the senators who tried to powerplay her? (Well, technically SHE doesn't own them... she just made it so someone else does.)

Um. It's a little hard to post The Part, since context is woven through the issue, but-

The villainous megacorps have proposed legislation under which they would dedicate a modest portion of their R&D to finding a cure for the cat flu epidemic that's killed shitloads of Americans thus far, including the President's father. All they want in return is the right to patent the DNA of the virus they're going to study, and any other living organisms they can catch. This does not go over well with President Ross, and she tells them to get hosed, but an actual bipartisan coalition overrides her and passes the bill anyway. And then they come together for another meeting, and

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hadn't noticed Fake Neil DeGrasse-Tyson just chomping on crisps through the whole thing, like he's just enjoying the show.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Well, poo poo. Those panels alone have convinced me to start reading Prez.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Nice to see Boss Smiley early in his career.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Gaz-L posted:

I hadn't noticed Fake Neil DeGrasse-Tyson just chomping on crisps through the whole thing, like he's just enjoying the show.

What confuses me about Fake Neil DeGrasse-Tyson is that Real Neil DeGrasse-Tyson is part of the DCU. What's Fake Neil DeGrasse-Tyson's story? Is he just running around as a Neil DeGrasse-Tyson impersonator? Who happens to work at the same planetarium? Did he model his life on Real Neil DeGrasse-Tyson?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uthor posted:

What confuses me about Fake Neil DeGrasse-Tyson is that Real Neil DeGrasse-Tyson is part of the DCU. What's Fake Neil DeGrasse-Tyson's story? Is he just running around as a Neil DeGrasse-Tyson impersonator? Who happens to work at the same planetarium? Did he model his life on Real Neil DeGrasse-Tyson?

Prez is basically a Vertigo book that for some reason has mainline branding on it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Prez is basically a Vertigo book that for some reason has mainline branding on it.

Is he aware of the Real Neil DeGrasse-Tyson in the parallel Nu52 universe? Does the existence of parallel universes change how he does astrophysics?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Prez takes place in the future. It's his clone-son.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uthor posted:

Prez takes place some time in the future.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Prez takes place some time in the future.

2030, specifically.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also I don't think it's in the mainline DC universe?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I was just making a joke, jeez!

Travis343 posted:

Also I don't think it's in the mainline DC universe?

There have been little hints at other DC characters, usually in the tickers during the news broadcasts. Doesn't mean that's the same universe, but there are definite "capes" that exist.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

As much as I love Prez, this part kind of confuses me. How is Prez not a Vertigo title?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Madkal posted:

As much as I love Prez, this part kind of confuses me. How is Prez not a Vertigo title?

DC hates Vertigo now for some reason.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

I bet by having a DC logo in the corner as opposed to a Vertigo one, it automatically sells better.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Lurdiak posted:

Somebody up the food chain probably found out there were DC books with out DC branding.

VERTIGO SHALL BE SENTENCED TO DEATH FOR DILUTING THE BRAND SYNERGISTICS.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

redbackground posted:

I bet by having a DC logo in the corner as opposed to a Vertigo one, it automatically sells better.

Maybe, but it also means it's judged by DC standards, and not Vertigo. Vertigo titles are often bigger sellers in trade, via bookstores and the like. Prez sells horribly in singles, but I bet the trade will do pretty well, which would save it under Vertigo, but at DC it's lucky if they'll get the second arc.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Huh? Vertigo is on their best creative push in years right now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Tom King has a new Vertigo book that just started this week.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Huh? Vertigo is on their best creative push in years right now.

That's actually despite the gutting it was given a few years back, and the loss of a pivotal main director who was there for like almost twenty years I think. Fables thankfully keeps chugging along.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jiro posted:

That's actually despite the gutting it was given a few years back, and the loss of a pivotal main director who was there for like almost twenty years I think. Fables thankfully keeps chugging along.

Fables ended this year. They are now trying to remake Vertigo after they lost Karen Berger

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Fables ended this year. They are now trying to remake Vertigo after they lost Karen Berger

Did anything ever come of it after the big war ended or was it just increasingly long treaties about how big Bigby's metaphorical dick is?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I'm feeling somewhat confused - wasn't there a Prez book back in the 90s with a male Prez?

Anyway, this title looks pretty cool.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Angrymog posted:

I'm feeling somewhat confused - wasn't there a Prez book back in the 90s with a male Prez?

More like the 70s. It's generally considered an oddball classic.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Looks like there was an issue written by Brubaker that I now want to track down.

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=26336

But the 60s title is the original and most famous. It stars Prez Richards. He's in the new book, too, as an old guy with the new Prez taking his role.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Angrymog posted:

You might be thinking of the Sandman issue.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uthor posted:

Looks like there was an issue written by Brubaker that I now want to track down.

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=26336

But the 60s title is the original and most famous. It stars Prez Richards. He's in the new book, too, as an old guy with the new Prez taking his role.

Huh, I remembered that there was another use of the original other than Gaiman, but I assumed it was Morrison. I'm kind of interested in what Brubaker did with it, considering it seems outside his usual wheelhouse.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
For all the weird stuff from my childhood that's been revived... Prez? :psyduck:

What's next? Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch?

EDIT: I'm going to regret asking that question, aren't I?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dick Trauma posted:

For all the weird stuff from my childhood that's been revived... Prez? :psyduck:

What's next? Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch?

EDIT: I'm going to regret asking that question, aren't I?

Archie and Transformers are some of the best things going in comics. Welcome to the dawning of a new age.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I feel like waiting long enough has somehow made my old knowledge relevant again. :toot:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Congratulations, that is what it feels like to be in a demographic that is being pandered to :thumbsup:

No offense meant to you or the properties involved, nostalgia is totally OK when it's applied well (look at the early League of Extraordinary Gentlemen).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ya'll are big dummies if you're not reading Prez.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

From Darth Vader 13 and Star Wars 13, Darth Vader has been shot down a Rebel held world while looking for Luke:

The Vader Down storyline is really good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I can never read any of Darth Vader's dialogue in Darth Vader's voice. It just doesn't sound like something he'd say, at least to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

owns