Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Dude. EVERYONE has seen crazy poo poo. We come here and it's laughs dick and balls jokes.

Go to the get help thread. Pm somebody.

Also TL:DR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Soulex posted:

Dude. EVERYONE has seen crazy poo poo. We come here and it's laughs dick and balls jokes.

Go to the get help thread. Pm somebody.

Also TL:DR

i smoke a lot of weed these days and i avoid alcohol.

it helps.

maybe you should cut down on the booze if you're that easy to set off.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah I only really have an odd beer or two. Never three anymore.

Seemed to dial me back a lot.

Keep your mind busy. Best advice I can give you. School. Hobby.not video games solely.

I gold pan using that gold dirt you can buy online. When I get enough I am going to make a ring for my wife for all the lovely things I've done to her in the past five years. The process is therapeutic though

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Cole posted:

i smoke a lot of weed these days and i avoid alcohol.

it helps.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Cole-Soul posted:

smoke a lot of weed...pan for dirt

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Soulex posted:

Yeah I only really have an odd beer or two. Never three anymore.

Seemed to dial me back a lot.

Keep your mind busy. Best advice I can give you. School. Hobby.not video games solely.

I gold pan using that gold dirt you can buy online. When I get enough I am going to make a ring for my wife for all the lovely things I've done to her in the past five years. The process is therapeutic though

How is online dirt not a scam? The stream is free and not already combed through so you have a chance at something larger than flakes.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

SumYungGui posted:

How is online dirt not a scam? The stream is free and not already combed through so you have a chance at something larger than flakes.

Because not every place has gold or is guaranteed to have gold. Also here, Washington, there are strict rules on when and where you can pan. This isn't using a dredge or anything just a pan. Also a lot of the rivers around me have a dam in front somewhere up the way that would sap the gold from the mountain and let almost nothing trickle past. I've done it.

You aren't paying for the gold on a weight basis. A gram of gold is like 40 dollars or so depending on the market. A dealer will sell 5 pounds of dirt for twenty bucks and you get a lot or a little from it. It's more about the experience really. Dealers who don't have anything in their bags usually get weeded out fairly quick, as people will only buy from reputable dealers and sites. I've come out on top a few times in terms of cost, but again, it's not about that.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
reputable dirt dealers

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
hey man it's all cool there's no need to flip out from a jo

*walks in on u while u have tears streaming down ur face w/ a shotgun butted up against ur chin while u're teasing the trigger like yo momma's clitty*

oh. well.

heh.

i mean i buy literal dirt through highly regarded online dealers. check that poo poo. it's something my wife lets me do because i told her it's barely above a mlm scam.

so yeah. dirt.

*backs out of room slowly as the pressure on the trigger slowly increases*

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Soulex posted:

Because not every place has gold or is guaranteed to have gold. Also here, Washington, there are strict rules on when and where you can pan. This isn't using a dredge or anything just a pan. Also a lot of the rivers around me have a dam in front somewhere up the way that would sap the gold from the mountain and let almost nothing trickle past. I've done it.

You aren't paying for the gold on a weight basis. A gram of gold is like 40 dollars or so depending on the market. A dealer will sell 5 pounds of dirt for twenty bucks and you get a lot or a little from it. It's more about the experience really. Dealers who don't have anything in their bags usually get weeded out fairly quick, as people will only buy from reputable dealers and sites. I've come out on top a few times in terms of cost, but again, it's not about that.

\

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Do you bite the gold to test it?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mike-o posted:

let's be honest, I did get laid on deployment and gently caress this entire stupid loving sub forum full of loving stupid loving shitheels who want to play loving internet tough guy who doles out the sick burns, I loving came here because I'm god drat lost since none of my buddies are around and you stupid fucks are the closest thing I have. I'm kind of loving drunk and pissed off and probably taking things way to seriously because I've got gigantic rage and PTSD issues. suck my dick from the back you stupid loving faggots why the gently caress I haven't gone off the deep end yet and go off in a murder suicide or some poo poo yet I dunno, I need to smoke some weed or some poo poo because I'm still loving hosed up in the head from all the lovely things I experienced. Why the gently caress am I doing this spilling my guts here, to a bunch of loving internet people I don't know. I should be loving happy that I'm out but mostly I'm loving miserable and pissed off all the time because my girlfriend is a stupid bitch a lot of the time but the only thing keeping me going is being a dad to her daughter. I would have left my girlfriend a long time ago and then suck started that rusted mosin nagant I have in the closet alone in a lovely one bedroom apartment. buddy of mine already did that whole shebang and I didn't loving find out about for six god drat months and he was living less than twenty loving miles from me and I didn't even know. the only loving reason I don't kill myself is that little girl I call my daughter. gently caress, gently caress everything gently caress all of you gently caress me too. I'm being all loving retarded and butt hurt because of people saying poo poo to be but I'm alone and basically only have you fucks to talk with but I don't know any of you faggots and poo poo gets to me, being drunk doesn't help either but anyway smdftb faggots and goodnight

Lmao you have a mosin, why?

Also please get help for real, you shouldn't feel this way and you have real brain problems you're trying to ignore instead of talking to a real doctor.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Do you bite the gold to test it?

gently caress no. Pieces aren't big enough. It'd be like my mom trying to suck your dick.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Soulex posted:

gently caress no. Pieces aren't big enough. It'd be like my mom trying to suck your dick.

You are playing with fire here, haven't we had enough angry walls of text for one week?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No. It's cool, my mom puts out

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
A tale of two broke brains, both of them wanting to be in the ground.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm broken, but I'm not self rich round. Plus y'all make me laugh and give me hope for my inevitable DD 214

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Soulex posted:

I'm broken, but I'm not self rich round. Plus y'all make me laugh and give me hope for my inevitable DD 214

Most of the people in the drunk thread have a Dd214 and boy don't they seem happy.

The military will take whatever it can from you, take from it everything you can. Get help if you're broken.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
I thought the part about raising her daughter was the tip off this was a joke mocking the worst cliches of bad soldier life choices.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Slithery D posted:

I thought the part about raising her daughter was the tip off this was a joke mocking the worst cliches of bad soldier life choices.

I got that feeling, but man, we have had some weird breakdowns in this sub, and I think it's kind of awesome that everyone was relatively concerned.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I've gotten more support/advice here than just about anywhere.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
#hasmikeolandedyet

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I think a while back there was actual gold in like Home Depot playground sand because they got it from some quarry in California that was on an ancient riverbed. Motherfuckers at gun shows selling playground sand for premiums.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Most of the people in the drunk thread have a Dd214 and boy don't they seem happy.

The military will take whatever it can from you, take from it everything you can. Get help if you're broken.

I am. Believe me. And I want to get out. Tired of the bullshit

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
Stolen from the internet:

"As evening approached, Jesus' disciples came to Him and said, "We're in the middle of nowhere and it's getting dark. Send the Joes away so they can go to the PX and get some tobacco."

Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. We have plenty of dip and cigarettes here."

“We have here only a half-pack of Marlboro Lights and a pinch or two of Skoal," they answered.

“Bring them here to me,” he said. And He directed Joe to take a knee. Taking the Marlboro Lights and Skoal he looked up to Heaven and gave thanks to God for tobacco. Then he gave them to his NCOs and the NCOs distributed them throughout the platoon. They all smoked and dipped and were satisfied, though some E-3s complained about it being Skoal and not Copenhagen.

"Are you serious?" Jesus said. "You're complaining about this? You know what, all of you get down. GET DOWN RIGHT NOW! DO PUSHUPS UNTIL I'M TIRED!"

And the Lord did smoke the platoon and have them play reindeer games until, verily, He was tired, and withdrew to pray and ask God why He had seen fit to visit him with such terrible soldiers."

Amen.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Stolen from the internet:

"As evening approached, Jesus' disciples came to Him and said, "We're in the middle of nowhere and it's getting dark. Send the Joes away so they can go to the PX and get some tobacco."

Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. We have plenty of dip and cigarettes here."

“We have here only a half-pack of Marlboro Lights and a pinch or two of Skoal," they answered.

“Bring them here to me,” he said. And He directed Joe to take a knee. Taking the Marlboro Lights and Skoal he looked up to Heaven and gave thanks to God for tobacco. Then he gave them to his NCOs and the NCOs distributed them throughout the platoon. They all smoked and dipped and were satisfied, though some E-3s complained about it being Skoal and not Copenhagen.

"Are you serious?" Jesus said. "You're complaining about this? You know what, all of you get down. GET DOWN RIGHT NOW! DO PUSHUPS UNTIL I'M TIRED!"

And the Lord did smoke the platoon and have them play reindeer games until, verily, He was tired, and withdrew to pray and ask God why He had seen fit to visit him with such terrible soldiers."

Amen.

Can Of Dip Miraculously Lasts Eight Days In The Field

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Yeah, it was on the comments for that article.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Cole posted:

I've gotten more support/advice here than just about anywhere.

Same.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
A total bad-rear end passes

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-tibor-rubin-20151208-story.html

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty: Corporal Tibor Rubin distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism during the period from July 23, 1950, to April 20, 1953, while serving as a rifleman with Company I, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division in the Republic of Korea. While his unit was retreating to the Pusan Perimeter, Corporal Rubin was assigned to stay behind to keep open the vital Taegu-Pusan Road link used by his withdrawing unit. During the ensuing battle, overwhelming numbers of North Korean troops assaulted a hill defended solely by Corporal Rubin. He inflicted a staggering number of casualties on the attacking force during his personal 24-hour battle, single-handedly slowing the enemy advance and allowing the 8th Cavalry Regiment to complete its withdrawal successfully. Following the breakout from the Pusan Perimeter, the 8th Cavalry Regiment proceeded northward and advanced into North Korea. During the advance, he helped capture several hundred North Korean soldiers. On October 30, 1950, Chinese forces attacked his unit at Unsan, North Korea, during a massive nighttime assault. That night and throughout the next day, he manned a .30 caliber machine gun at the south end of the unit's line after three previous gunners became casualties. He continued to man his machine gun until his ammunition was exhausted. His determined stand slowed the pace of the enemy advance in his sector, permitting the remnants of his unit to retreat southward. As the battle raged, Corporal Rubin was severely wounded and captured by the Chinese. Choosing to remain in the prison camp despite offers from the Chinese to return him to his native Hungary, Corporal Rubin disregarded his own personal safety and immediately began sneaking out of the camp at night in search of food for his comrades. Breaking into enemy food storehouses and gardens, he risked certain torture or death if caught. Corporal Rubin provided not only food to the starving Soldiers, but also desperately needed medical care and moral support for the sick and wounded of the POW camp. His brave, selfless efforts were directly attributed to saving the lives of as many as forty of his fellow prisoners. Corporal Rubin's gallant actions in close contact with the enemy and unyielding courage and bravery while a prisoner of war are in the highest traditions of military service and reflect great credit upon himself and the United States Army.

:stare:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Honest to God, I think that man deserved two Medals of Honor: One for his actions before capture, and one for his actions while a prisoner.

GodDAMN.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
my question is how does a guy end up in a situation where he is the only one covering the 8th cav regiment?

what a lovely detail to get put on.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
It was the 50's, man. Is it any surprise they chose the Jewish guy?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Mike owns and I like him. Hope you're feeling better, dude

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
So yeah, I was really really drunk and also I'm a mess inside my head. Sorry dudes. I'll remind myself not to post when I'm drunk and make a complete rear end of myself with my stupid life problems. Life is pretty cool overall, especially being out and a civilian. Again, sorry for the gay meltdown.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It didn't really help either that I went to a fake bavarian town and got drunk there, and it reminded me of being back in germany and started thinking about a good unit I was in with tons of good dudes, a lot of whom died. Again, sorry.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Mike-o posted:

It didn't really help either that I went to a fake bavarian town and got drunk there, and it reminded me of being back in germany and started thinking about a good unit I was in with tons of good dudes, a lot of whom died. Again, sorry.

poo poo, man, that'll do it to anybody. Hell, I'd have understood wholeheartedly if you'd just stopped at "got drunk."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mike-o posted:

Again, sorry for the gay meltdown.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

So yeah, I was really really drunk and also I'm a mess inside my head. Sorry dudes. I'll remind myself not to post when I'm drunk and make a complete rear end of myself with my stupid life problems. Life is pretty cool overall, especially being out and a civilian. Again, sorry for the gay meltdown.

its cool dude, just remember to let me off easy when i have my own gay meltdown :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mike-o posted:

God drat it Mike-o, this is the Army thread. We do embarrassing poo poo on the weekends and then promptly forget about it on Monday morning. You are no exception.

• Locked thread