Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Sonic Adventure Episode 6 - Self Esteem

Well uh, we played six episodes worth of Substance, 100% completed Raiden and moved on to the next character... and Grace accidentally recorded the entire thing on the wrong microphone making his commentary completely unintelligible.

So uh, we'll be trying that again next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Danaru posted:

Grace accidentally recorded the entire thing on the wrong microphone making his commentary completely unintelligible.

Your going to hafta show us a small sample of that just for the hell of it.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Danaru posted:

and Grace accidentally recorded the entire thing on the wrong microphone making his commentary completely unintelligible.

This is different than usual...how exactly?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Krysmphoenix posted:

This is different than usual...how exactly?

Imagine me arguing with a jet engine for three hours :v: Grace's laptop microphone is like, inside the fan from the sounds of it.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Can't you replace Grace's dialogue with the Charlie Brown sound for when adults talk? That would be hilarious, but then we would only have 50% of what makes this LP so great.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
To this goddamn day I still get the Final Egg music stuck in my head periodically. Those guitar riffs, man.

Help.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Danaru posted:

Imagine me arguing with a jet engine for three hours :v: Grace's laptop microphone is like, inside the fan from the sounds of it.

But crazy man arguing with jet engine happens to be my favourite genre.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Kal-L posted:

Can't you replace Grace's dialogue with the Charlie Brown sound for when adults talk?

Post at least a couple minutes of this. Please.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Sonic Adventure does that really weird thing where the same cutscenes are slightly different depending on which character's story you're playing. I have no idea if it's a clever commentary on unreliable narrators or just pure incompetence, but it's neat either way.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I wanna say they were going for a Rashomon kind of thing but I dunno how well they hit the mark on that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kal-L posted:

Can't you replace Grace's dialogue with the Charlie Brown sound for when adults talk? That would be hilarious, but then we would only have 50% of what makes this LP so great.

dan and i literally talked about how i hate the peanuts and how creepy that adult talk is in the substance lp we lost. i see you NSA spyin on our calls

--grace

EDIT: LOG OUT OF MY ACCOUNT YOU FREELOADING JACKASS

EDIT2: Made this as a direct result of Grace giving me sass. Enjoy the audio.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 4, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
That's...actually far more tolerable than you made it sound.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm sensitive to audio issues :( pretty much everything I've done before MGS1 bothers me because I did a lovely job on audio editing

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Ehh, run a noise-canceling filter through it once or twice, shouldn't be that bad. The background music helps.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Yea not gonna lie. Younger me hosed up avoiding the suicide attack too.

You did better than I did with the spinning spikes, because depth perception jumps are my arch nemesis in 3D platforming.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Sonic Adventure Episode 7 - My Own Master

This is a terrible episode and I hope everyone who requested Sonic Adventure feels bad :colbert:

This is the last Sonic episode we have in the bank, we'll be recording Substance again on Tuesday with fewer tech issues hopefully.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Drunk Dan's social justice self-corrections are always fun.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I've seen a video where a guy did sequence break shortcuts to make the first tails level like, 12 seconds long, and revealed that Sonic rubber bands to obscene levels in that game, literally teleporting halfway across the stage to keep up.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS2 Substance Episode 1 - Pinky-Chan Rising

This is a terrible episode LP channel. If you like hearing us talk about bullshit nothing forever, you'll love this LP.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Sorry Dan, some days it seems like half the drat subforum's LPers are GLBT already. Seriously, we're all over the drat place.

Also, in regards to what I think was a shoutout to me... Chris...you're great...

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

Sorry Dan, some days it seems like half the drat subforum's LPers are GLBT already. Seriously, we're all over the drat place.

Really? Most of the other LP folks I know are straight, I only know of like, three gay/bi LPers besides myself. Where is this secret gay LP illuminati and how can I learn their secrets?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Well I don't really want to turn this into a witch-hunt, but if you look for them, there's plenty of gay, bi, and/or trans LPers like me if you listen to them enough. I mean, "Half" is an exaggeration, but there's not a small amount I don't think.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Secret Gay LP Illuminati" would make an awesome name for an LP group

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Have the symbol be a pink version of the normal all-seeing eye in the triangle logo?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Choco1980 posted:

Have the symbol be a pink version of the normal all-seeing eye in the triangle logo?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Perfect.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Faerie Fortune posted:

Really? Most of the other LP folks I know are straight, I only know of like, three gay/bi LPers besides myself. Where is this secret gay LP illuminati and how can I learn their secrets?

If it counts, I'm bi and I help run the Dwarf Fortress Arena tournament/LP, and I know at least some others who were doing the Crawl LPs (that thread's played itself out for the moment) who are LGBT. I don't think there's a master list, but every so often it comes up and it turns out to be more common than chance would suggest.

For example, i's not quite LPs, but I recall one time where a bunch of people were spectating on a Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup game and it turned out that out of a dozen-plus only one person would cop to being both cis and straight.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Is drunk Dan not gay, or are bunny girls just universally loved? On another note Tales of Graces will be my first Tales game once I free up some space in the backlog. Sounds like I picked a winner?

Oh and I'm one of those odd people here for the games! Especially the ones/parts of them I've not seen or played before! MGS2 VR looks fun and I'm digging its music.

If Grace still wants in on Ghost Babel, why not stream its VR / Special Missions? :getin:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Oh Substance is much more than just more of the same as the first Virtual Missions game. We'll get there soon enough. Don't trust the percentage on the menus when he's selecting the modes, we're only at 33%...of regular ol Raiden. There are many other characters and modes in here, some far far different than what we've seen here.

One thing that always drove me crazy was I had "The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2" which was basically this disc of behind the scenes stuff that came out just before Substance. It had a viewer to look at the models for pretty much everything, as well as a ton of documentation, including Kojima's original script for the game (which is long and crazy. At the beginning he goes on for over a page about how we should know that Gurlukovich lands on the Tanker in a Hind based solely on the sounds the rotors make. Seriously. Anyways, it also had on it a preview of Substance, containing five random levels from the game. If you could beat them all and save your progress, then loaded Substance on the same PS2 memory card, you'd start out with 100% unlocked from the get-go. I could not beat the fifth mission no matter how hard I tried. It was an ultra hard sniper mission where Meryl is lying unconscious across a gap from you on a raised platform with a very complex landscape behind her. Suddenly a bunch of Genome soldiers start popping out from all over the map and rushing her, and you had to take all 30 or however many out before they got to her. There were just too many for me and I couldn't make it.

Also, I am glad to see that Dan's sneaking mission strategy of "screw the rules, :dunkedon:" is still working fine. The levels actually are designed to teach you how to be better at the game. Like the one level with all the lockers in it, which was around where Dan started just killing dudes instead is designed explicitly where you're going to have to start hiding guys if you don't want them waking up and alerting each other. Also, there are SO many times where he got lucky, as it's real easy to be like, 2 sprites over the wrong angle and totally alert a guard when you try to grab them, trust me I know.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

What's a secret society without secret powers.

Like laser rainbow beams

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

holy poo poo :vince:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

FeyerbrandX posted:

What's a secret society without secret powers.

Like laser rainbow beams

No offense to gay people or secret society memebers but I'm really loving glad Pink Floyd never made this album.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
You two are adorable and I think you rock <3, never stop lp'ing

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS2 Substance Episode 2 - Canadian Politics and Drag Queens: guest starring Pyroi

This episode feels like four times longer than it actually is somehow. We touch on a LOT of topics :v:

Regarding the burning of environmental data, Here's a good summary of what happened. The Harper government was... kind of a dark age. :(

Regarding Washington, I'm extremely dissapointed that he didn't hurtle in through a window and Bad Time everyone who immediately did everything he said to not do. I liked you, Washington, even if you were a traitorous rebel. :colbert:

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
"You don't have to be president to kick someone in the dick".

Welp, now I will have to find a way to use that in a conversation.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Man, you are not kidding about First Person Mode being nauseating. Not as much watching on the ute oobs, but playing it is awful.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Oh, so THIS is when I got the notification that you were streaming.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Seriously Danaru I can teach you to use Voicemeeter so you don't have to stream, its no problem at all!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Faerie Fortune posted:

Seriously Danaru I can teach you to use Voicemeeter so you don't have to stream, its no problem at all!

I already use Voicemeeter, my card can only have one program use the capture at a time, so I have OBS record and stream at the same time so Grace can see it :v: the stream only has the game's audio since it's not like, a real stream.

Grace does a fine job of reacting the second he hears an alert sound anyway, so the video delay doesn't make a huge difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

Just getting caught up a bit, but the thing about Chinese is that it's a tonal language. So I'd imagine that in a music video the subtitles are there because a song could easily distort/lose the tonal differences between words. Then again, this is total conjecture on my part.