Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

tumor looking batty posted:

drat man. she gave me the hardest time out of all the bosses ive faced

The Saw Cleaver works very well on her. I used the flamethrower as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's prolly a bloodtinge wep from the look of it. Looks like I'll have to play the whole game again , oh well :D

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

It's prolly a bloodtinge wep from the look of it. Looks like I'll have to play the whole game again , oh well :D

its skill luckily. you havent seen the new bloodtinge weapon yet, but you will soon

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

got ludwig straight away at sl 79 with a +10 weapon :-) his 2nd phase is much easier.

i'm having a lot of trouble with that one

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the later pure arcane weapon you get from a boss is really cool. if you equip it "untransformed" it just buffs your fists/allows gem slotting. thinking about a run through ng+ with just my fists and a hunter torch..

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

use his audio cues in the 2nd phase

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

where do you find the key for those cells in the DLC? people say its in the fish area by the blood rock but i didnt see it there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

I think his first phase is way harder than his second, if that's a way to inspire

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This fisherman village is a cool area, it's like a blighttown or a 5-1 design without the poison in parts. Me likey

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

where do you find the key for those cells in the DLC? people say its in the fish area by the blood rock but i didnt see it there.

One key is in the Research Hall after you change the stairs, the other is in the Lighthouse Hut. Talk to the guy on the floor.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Time to make this game my bitch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Those little guys with no hp that just cast those homing skulls are annoying

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So I guess this makes From 3 for 3 on great games with DLC that's somehow even better

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

theres no way anyone could like one and not the other. its not physically possible

whats your souls tier list?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Already I like the lack of shield and more flexible dodging, since I preferred to dodge in dark souls. It does control almost exactly the same though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What happens if you kill the wolf at the start?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What happens if you kill the wolf at the start?

You get some blood echoes and maybe an item. He's not important really.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reached orphan and may have to take a break. Insanely sick looking boss though, his animations are godlike

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The other thing I found was two of those huge fish monsters down a well and I'm struggling to kill both. There must be something down here though

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Already I like the lack of shield and more flexible dodging, since I preferred to dodge in dark souls. It does control almost exactly the same though.

Which weapon did you choose?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Taking out encumberance was my favorite decision in bloodborne

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

The other thing I found was two of those huge fish monsters down a well and I'm struggling to kill both. There must be something down here though

There's something you really want.

I have obtained the chikage, it is amazing.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

In Training posted:

One of them drops something, and yeah that fight sucks. Parrying really helps though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

might not be worth killing them on a strength / arcane char though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My attack rating with moonlight great sword +10 is over 600 :staredog:

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Taking out encumberance was my favorite decision in bloodborne

it made a lot of sense given that blocking/playing slow isn't really a thing so there's no heavy armor trade off

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Human Grand Prix posted:

Which weapon did you choose?

The axe and the blunderbuss.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

My attack rating with moonlight great sword +10 is over 600 :staredog:

It's split damage so it doesn't actually hit that hard unfortunately because of how defenses work in these games

Weapon still owns though, that transformed L2 is amazing. I need more nourishing gems for this thing

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

moonlight greatsword's best move is L1 after dodging or attacking while in glowy form. it's perfect.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Threaded cane loving wrecks amygdala.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's the perfect Amygdala-fighting weapon

I love you threaded cane

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the whip's backstep R2 where it shoots out like a spear is one of my favorite lookng attacks in the game, even if its not that practical

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol, they put soul arrow in the game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

lol, they put soul arrow in the game.

fireball as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

fireball as well.

Haven't found this but I'm doing some backtracking/exploring before tackling Kos, because he feels like the end of the DLC and I don't wanna lock it out or anything.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
when i first got this i put in about a dozen attempts on ludwig and then had to put it aside for a bit. i came back today, and i feel like i've hit a wall. every other boss in this game i've done in 1 to 5 attempts with a few exceptions, but i think i've put 30 in on ludwig. most of them go like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkKb5Io9Vhc

i'm completely loving stumped by his phase 2, despite it apparently being easy. i almost want to quit, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You've got the first phase down pat. Any reason you weren't locking on for the second? I found if I just stayed locked on and kept dodging left and towards him I never got hit. I only died to that phase when he would do his room clearing overhead slam and I didn't get out of the way fast enough

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

You've got the first phase down pat. Any reason you weren't locking on for the second? I found if I just stayed locked on and kept dodging left and towards him I never got hit. I only died to that phase when he would do his room clearing overhead slam and I didn't get out of the way fast enough

i tried that once and kept getting caught in his huge front swipes, but maybe the timing was off. i've been running unlocked on the last few because i was able to get him down to a quarter like that. i'll try it the other way later, since my last run had me screaming obscenities at my TV and upsetting my roommates dog (which is where i stopped)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I know I shouldn't be spoiling Bloodborne stuff for myself but wow that boss looks friggin crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i tried that once and kept getting caught in his huge front swipes, but maybe the timing was off. i've been running unlocked on the last few because i was able to get him down to a quarter like that. i'll try it the other way later, since my last run had me screaming obscenities at my TV and upsetting my roommates dog (which is where i stopped)

I know this feel when I spent like 2.5 days of various attempts to finally beat erbitreas. I'm scared to try that fight again but I think these DLC ones have been a bit harder and I have a crazy strong weapon build now, stronger than I had then probably