Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Yeah, basically Satan's not a bad fighter he's just not a multiverse-class one. I'm pretty sure he could beat Yamcha even without ki, honestly.

If Yamcha never flew or shot a ki blast and had both arms tied, sure, maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
And if Yamcha intentionally lowered his defenses so Satan's punches could actually hurt him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Satan could hurt Yamcha, he just needs to hit him from behind.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I was kinda hoping Yamcha would show up to the Frieza fight at least. In the movie I get it, but if they're bringing in Gotenks, they could have thrown in Yamcha.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Leaf posted:

I was kinda hoping Yamcha would show up to the Frieza fight at least. In the movie I get it, but if they're bringing in Gotenks, they could have thrown in Yamcha.

Even in the movie it makes no sense whatsoever. Tenshinhan's reasoning to not tell Yamcha is that it will be too dangerous for him...as Krillin brings Master Roshi, and everyone acts as if that was the most normal decision in the world.

At least Super doesn't have Tenshinhan say anything about Yamcha. Now it just looks like everyone forgot his existance.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I thought Roshi came to bring senzus and then just ended up being stuck there, only to show he had been working out. Or was that the manga adaptation of the movie?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yamcha always gets killed. Meanwhile master Roshi usually doesn't

Tiens reasoning was sound

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Zzulu posted:

Yamcha always gets killed. Meanwhile master Roshi usually doesn't

Tiens reasoning was sound

I mean, Master Roshi is literally immortal.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

CubeTheory posted:

I mean, Master Roshi is literally immortal.

Biologically immortal. He can still be killed.

Also, he died trying to seal away King Piccolo once. A second time when Super Buu killed him.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Roshi and Yamcha have died the same number of times.

lovely memes aside, given the logic in Gohan not training and being weak as poo poo, seeing as Yamcha has given up training too there's a chance he's just as weak as people like to (hilariously) make him out to be.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Darko posted:

I thought Roshi came to bring senzus and then just ended up being stuck there, only to show he had been working out. Or was that the manga adaptation of the movie?

Why would Roshi bring senzus when Krillin had to carry him? Krillin would have had to carry him out too. They just swung by Korin's tower together to pick them up.

Also, Yamcha boasts to Beerus that he's one of the greatest martial artists on the planet in Super, which, while technically true, seems to hint that he's still doing something.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Was watching an episode breakdown over on Team Four Star.

Jesus loving Christ this abridged series started 7 years ago.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Yamcha is probably able to blow up the planet still, so for all we joke how weak he is. He's still hella strong.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Spiritus Nox posted:

Was watching an episode breakdown over on Team Four Star.

Jesus loving Christ this abridged series started 7 years ago.

No, I'm afraid you're mistaken, because I've seen every episode since 4 on release day or very close to it and if I found out I had been doing that for most of a decade my head would fall off and roll down a hill. So I'm afraid you are mistaken.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fuego Fish posted:

It was. Toriyama didn't like GT and this is a deliberate mockery of it.

I don't think Toriyama has the meanness in him to "not like" something and "deliberately mock" it

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Wasn't he so offended by Dragonball Evolution that it prompted him to get back into making DB stuff again?

Speaking of which, I really need to see that movie.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Momomo posted:

Wasn't he so offended by Dragonball Evolution that it prompted him to get back into making DB stuff again?

People say that but I've never seen an actual quote about it anywhere

It sounds like another thing people want to be true, like Toriyama hating GT. You see it a lot but its especially prevalent in Dragonball.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Momomo posted:

It's just boring, really. It's just really generic and unimaginative.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Momomo posted:

Its really bland and is nothing like Dragonball outside of names, Ki, and Piccolo being a guy + Oozaru being a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFzLMGKtY04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzIraLLe7U8

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Momomo posted:

It's really easy for someone to post a picture of a person on the internet with a quote on it and everyone will instantly believe they said it.

Like that. Easy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Momomo posted:

I also believe he wanted to end DBZ after (insert favorite arc here)?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Augus posted:

It's really easy for someone to post a picture of a person on the internet with a quote on it and everyone will instantly believe they said it.

Like that. Easy.

The thing is, though, Miyazaki actually did say something like that:

quote:

You see, whether you can draw like this or not, being able to think up this kind of design, it depends on whether or not you can say to yourself, ‘Oh, yeah, girls like this exist in real life. If you don’t spend time watching real people, you can’t do this, because you’ve never seen it. Some people spend their lives interested only in themselves. Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know. It’s produced by humans who can’t stand looking at other humans. And that’s why the industry is full of otaku!

Said it in an interview.

But yeah, you can fake quotes on the Internet easily.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Toriyama also commented on Evolution a bit http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/05/20/akira-toriyama-directly-comments-on-dragon-ball-evolution/
Might not have to do with him continuing the series, but he still said he disliked the movie.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I've watched Dragonball Evolution. Multiple times. Its existence makes so much more sense when you realize it's actually an attempt to cash in on, of all things, the original superhero movie rush (Spider-man, X-men, etc.) You could make a drinking game of all the direct ripoffs of the first Spider-man film. It's like Green Lantern tier.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Zedd posted:

Yamcha is probably able to blow up the planet still, so for all we joke how weak he is. He's still hella strong.

I dont think he is quite this strong.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

dr.acula posted:

well, it's power level 139 for a moon (Roshi), 18000 for a planet (if you take Vegeta's word), and Whatever Cell Was for a star.

KoB
May 1, 2009

dr.acula posted:

Roshi could blow up the moon like 30 years ago and Yamacha passed him up not too long after.

Covok
May 27, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

well, it's power level 139 for a moon (Roshi), 18000 for a planet (if you take Vegeta's word), and Whatever Cell Was for a star.

When did Cell blow up a star?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

When did Cell blow up a star?

he didn't but he said this kamehameha would destroy the whole solar system when he beam battled Gohan I believe.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that's more than a star

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If you can't find humor in Darth Piccolo and that heinous ozaru transformation in Evolution. ..

...you've probably got good taste in movies tbh

I watched my friends' :filez: copy and I still wanted my money back

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 5, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
TFS are doing DB-cember again this year, this time they're ranking the DB movies and specials. Should be interesting to see how they rank some movies.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Mraagvpeine posted:

TFS are doing DB-cember again this year, this time they're ranking the DB movies and specials. Should be interesting to see how they rank some movies.

they ranked second coming below (so worse than) bio-broly so they are good and correct

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Shame they're discounting out the GT special since I seem to recall it being a bit better than some of the DBZ movies at the very least.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
My brother keeps telling me that Toriyama hosed up the details of all sorts of dbz stuff in some interview somewhere.

Like he totally forgot that SS2 happened in the cell saga at all, and was referring to SS3 as SS2. Stuff like that.

Is that real, or more bullshit?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Real. Dude forgot stuff all the time.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

I don't think it was that bad. He just mentioned in an interview that he'd forgotten that Super Saiyan 1 and 2 were separate things because he hadn't actually worked on DB in years.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

People always give him poo poo about that but if I worked on tons of manga and anime and video games and poo poo for 30 years I'd forget stuff too

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
If anything, that enhances my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Mraagvpeine posted:

They don't count GT but they (presumably, it's the only way I can get to 24) count the four DB movies? Surprising, cause they're way worse than the GT Special.

Also, if Dead Zone and World's Strongest don't get the respect they deserve (Top 10 bare minimum, should be Top 5), I'll be so mad I'll go Super Saiyan.

• Locked thread