Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The core game would be a lot more fun if those shitbirds were brought to heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

Let$ be rea$onable, PGI doe$ not have a cheating problem, if they did there would be ban$, there is no rea$on to keep $hitty cheating player$ around.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Tukayyid individual rewards. 100 match score (EZPZ in CW) gets you a point:

Inner Sphere

3 points
x4 C-Bill Consumable Pack
Broken Inner Sphere (Hanging Item)
1 Day Active Premium Time

5 points
Main Event Reward Eligibility
Battle of Tukayyid Participant Banner (Standing Item)
2 Days Active Premium Time

10 points
Cameron Star (Hanging Item)
Resistance 2 Dog Tag (Hanging Item)
2,500,000 C-Bills

15 points
500 MC
Sapphire (Premium Blue Color)

20 points
Leopard DropShip (Standing Item)
Cameron Star War Horn (Mounted Item)

25 points
5,000 GXP
Urbie Trash Can (Standing Item)

30 points
3,000,000 C-Bills

35 points
500 MC

40 points
5,000,000 C-Bills

Clan

3 points
x4 C-Bill Consumable Pack
Broken Inner Sphere (Hanging Item)
1 Day Active Premium Time

5 points
Main Event Reward Eligibility
Battle of Tukayyid Participant Banner (Standing Item)
2 Days Active Premium Time

10 points
Clan Dagger Star (Hanging Item)
Clan Watch (Hanging Item)
2,500,000 C-Bills

15 points
500 MC
Caput Mortuum (Premium Red Color)

20 points
Leopard DropShip (Standing Item)
Clan Dagger Star War Horn (Mounted Item)

25 points
5,000 GXP
Kerensky Hologram (Standing Item)

30 points
3,000,000 C-Bills

35 points
500 MC

40 points
5,000,000 C-Bills

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is that a point for every 100 match score or just one point for getting 100 score per game?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

Is that a point for every 100 match score or just one point for getting 100 score per game?

the second one otherwise you could be done with it in a few games :(

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The 100 point threshold places you at the 'can barely refrain from rolling in your own poo poo on a daily basis' level of cognitive capacity.

Also 40 matches is an unholy amount of time sunk. Even of you get ALL of your matches done quickly and have exactly 0 seconds in queue and matchmaking and have 0 load time, that's over 13 hours of continuous play.

More realistically, its probably over 24 hours of MWO grinding to get the top level prize condensed into a single weekend

Holy poo poo pgi, seriously?

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 3, 2015

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Xenothral posted:

The Griffin 2N is very good now!

Confirming this, rocked a conquest match in Forest Colony with over 500 damage. My beloved Griffin 2N is playable now. SRMs are back baby!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ArchangeI posted:

It's just 63 zones on one planet, so you have to get 32 over the course of several days. Doesn't matter anyway, the event is completely dependent on who has the bigger population. If I play I'd probably go IS for the shorter queues.

I'm playing for Rasalhague, just on the off chance that I'm maybe the only player left for that faction. Easiest 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank ever. :smugbird:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Will WoL stay with CJF for this event?

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

A.o.D. posted:

The cryengine is completely open to cheating, especially through the HelioS framework (which a ton of people pay irl money to use). There isn't anything to be done about it unless you manually monitor people as they play.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

A Curvy Goonette posted:

The cryengine is completely open to cheating, especially through the HelioS framework (which a ton of people pay irl money to use). There isn't anything to be done about it unless you manually monitor people as they play.

literally pay to win

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
at least Valve's VAC acts as a deterrent since if anyone were banned for cheating, it will permanently be marked in their steam profile

but you know, this game won't be using that system -- or any anti-cheat software -- and the fact that it's running on cryengine, it's going to be open season. i'm expecting the same shitstorm that followed Dirty Bomb and literally every F2P competitively natured title that launched later on steam, meaning expect an influx of egregious cheaters who DGAF.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Pattonesque posted:

as a person who was immediately center-cored in a Timber Wolf against the most sociopathic tryhard MWO group despite lots of twisting, I believe there are no shenanigans going on

I can't even count the amount of times I've been cored without having anything else touched.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Anticheese posted:

Will WoL stay with CJF for this event?

I wouldn't recommend it on the off chance people come back for the event but don't have clan mechs; plus the few people who still play in WoL who don't have any as we saw here from the last CW event.

Pattonesque posted:

the second one otherwise you could be done with it in a few games :(

:negative:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I was considering patching this game, but it's good to know that playing legitimately still sucks as ever. :(

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Pooncha posted:

I was considering patching this game, but it's good to know that playing legitimately still sucks as ever. :(

honestly it only REALLY (probably) happens with the big tryhard groups. every other game we've played over the past two days has been legit

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pooncha posted:

It's ok right now. Mechlab's good, tutorial's decent. They're doing iterative balance tweaks, they've kept the quirks but levelled them off, brawling is more feasible. I've been having fun solo pugging in the retard tier.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
They also just nerfed the hell out of the elite tier of the skills tree, so using fresh mechs/trials isn't as big of a pain in the rear end as it used to be. I still miss my double basics though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

veedubfreak posted:

They also just nerfed the hell out of the elite tier of the skills tree, so using fresh mechs/trials isn't as big of a pain in the rear end as it used to be. I still miss my double basics though.

Also slightly improves the Cbill grind by not making 3x mechs (+DHS etc) so obligatory for enjoyable play.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Some whiny bitch asshat reported my name KissMyCloaca

loving nanny pussy shitheap PGI are you serious?

Been playing WITH DEVS PRESENT for how many years?

suck my cock GM Patience

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Splatcat op nerf splatcat

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

sebmojo posted:

It still has the loving "warp nacelles"? Goddamn.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Is Ghost Dad good again? If not, I'll roll out my Griffins or Cents.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

sebmojo posted:

Why is there binding of isaac boss music playing in the background?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Astroniomix posted:

It still has the loving "warp nacelles"? Goddamn.

what

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The giant gently caress off big missile boxes/K2 ppcs.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

kingcom posted:

The giant gently caress off big missile boxes/K2 ppcs.

Gotcha. Yeah I want to remake my splatcat and try this again. What's the proper build?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

various cheeses posted:

Gotcha. Yeah I want to remake my splatcat and try this again. What's the proper build?

If you don't want to use an XL you'll need to ditch the Artemis. These are more or less your two options:

XL, Artemis: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=13&l=24b13b224d1993ee9b4166a7cee1f101cd4fd22f
Std, No Artemis: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=13&l=26cecab1b7743eed9c865bf38c01799a3d692773

I'd rather have the Artemis since it makes the mech much more effective. These are quick setups (I didn't bother with torso armour F/B adjustments) so I'm sure there's a tiny bit more than can be done to optimize them but you get the idea.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Could do what valve does, get people to watch replays and rate cheating, and use non-reported ones to ensure people don't just autoban everyone.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to say it - I like the Marauder. I treat it like an oversized urbanmech and seem to do ok with it, curiously enough.

Might be because the front profile works best so you don't need to torso twist so much as wiggle under fire.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

What faction do we want to pick?

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Devorum posted:

Is Ghost Dad good again? If not, I'll roll out my Griffins or Cents.

Probably its ok but could if you could spare a couple tons to up the firepower that'd be good. Dunno what the deal is with ecm these days but should be useful in some way.

EDIT: lol this battlemaster has the portrait of a zeus in the mechlab

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Dec 4, 2015

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Tukayyid rewards changed to cumulative match score -- top reward is 4,000

so like, instead of playing a full day, you can do that in 10 matches if you're on your game

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

Tukayyid rewards changed to cumulative match score -- top reward is 4,000

so like, instead of playing a full day, you can do that in 10 matches if you're on your game

Oh thank god.

All too often MMOs make it clear that they have absolutely no respect for the time of their players/customer base, what with 5+ hour raids, grind sessions in short periods of time that constitute days of effort, and the like. This change basically cuts the expected grind anywhere from 1/2 to 1/4th, assuming you're not the kind of bad that loses 4 mechs in the first five minutes.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 4, 2015

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

"Alex posted:

BJ-1X
Energy Range Quirk has been decreased to +10%.
Laser Duration Quirk has been removed.
Energy Heat Gen Quirk has been decreased to -10%.

Does this mean the 1X isn't good anymore?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

Does this mean the 1X isn't good anymore?

it's probably still good because of the structure bonuses, but not Best Mech anymore

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
also Catapult/Nova getting rescaled soon

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/672654975655260160

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Considering asking for a re-invite to WoL so I can get free monies, but engaging in Faction Play is :effort:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Devorum posted:

Considering asking for a re-invite to WoL so I can get free monies, but engaging in Faction Play is :effort:

How many premium mechs or garage slots can you purchase with the total winnings again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
GAME IS GOOD AGAIN OMG

• Locked thread