Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Still sure that you're going to beat the dlc tonight? :D

I seriously doubt I will be stuck on him for 5 hours+. I would go insane if that was the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

He took me 4 hours my first time, but it was my first character with really hosed up stats.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

He took me 4 hours my first time, but it was my first character with really hosed up stats.

:dogbutton: :sweatdrop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

:dogbutton: :sweatdrop:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's counting vial refill trips to the nightmare of mensis but yeah he's loving hard. I took him out on my 3rd try on my str/arc character using the hunter's axe though.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Evil Eagle posted:

but it was my first character with really hosed up stats.

I had this same problem, except Ebrietas when I first met her with my first character with hosed up stats.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I had like 35 endurance out of habit from dark souls 1 and 2 which is completely unnecessary in this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah you have such high stam Regen I usually haven't brought it higher than 15 or 20

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you also get a rune that gives a huge boost to your stamina

it's nice that you get the host's loot when they kill a boss in the chalice dungeons. gently caress i hope randomized dungeons and loot make a return in DS3

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm at 10 on my skill/bloodtinge char and I don't really see any reason to up it after getting the anti clockwise metamorphosis 15% rune.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

whats the recommended end-game co=op level? 120?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

whats the recommended end-game co=op level? 120?

Coop with a friend ftw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

People are saying that Orphan is the hardest boss in any souls game to date and I can't wait to get to him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's a real motherfucker.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
he's tough but I actually had a harder time on the other dlc bosses, other than living failures obviously

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I had the most trouble with ludwig my second time through the dlc, he's so weird.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

He's a real motherfucker.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I might try the livestreaming stuff on PS4 because I've never used it and it might be a fun way to challenge myself to finish this if I pretend at least one person is watching.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Orphan is loving hard.
you can parry him if that helps

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

also you should fight him in the ocean so your camera doesnt go crazy in his second phase

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't even seen the second phase yet

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

I haven't even seen the second phase yet

I think the key to orphan in both phases is to stay close. his umbilical chord thing has a weird hit box and range when he uses it like a whip plus he'll throw the little egg grenades. if you stay close he mostly just uses overhead swings and relatively easy to dodge swipes.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjK5f7ozzOM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got him to about 1/4. His second phase seemed easier to not get hit during but the camera seems kinda nuts

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Holy poo poo lmao.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

One of those spears, was actually, in fact, my wallet.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Oh my loving god this looks fully sick.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Those rolls, attacks, that lighting system. :captainpop::captainpop::captainpop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I shan't be watching any footage.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like that Miyazaki decided he wants to make everything look extremely gross now lol. Remember that quote about the Undead Dragon?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Miyazaki rules.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I always thought he said disgusting and dignified

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Here's the quote

quote:

Waragai: I remember when I was drawing the Undead Dragon, I submitted a design draft that depicted a dragon swarming with maggots and other gross things. Miyazaki handed it back to me saying, “This isn’t dignified. Don’t rely on the gross factor to portray an undead dragon. Can’t you instead try to convey the deep sorrow of a magnificent beast doomed to a slow and possibly endless descent into ruin?”

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The one reborn ain't dignified st all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one reborn is a literal pile of poop

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Two Reborn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I jinxed myself. After I got had that good run down to a quarter health I've had a string of sloppy attempts. Including one where I walked in and immediately got killed

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I did suicide runs ober and ovet into junter nitemate and bnow i have a +7 boo.m hammer and +6 amygdala arm in forbidden woods and feel stong

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I needed a pick me up so I went to fight Logarius, the morherfcuekr who always pwns me, and I killed him in about 6 hits . Feeling strong again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Here's the quote

holy poo poo