Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Go out in the world man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So how do imported ammibos work? If i got a Japan imported Samus amiibo does it only work with a Japanese gamepad, wiiu or game? I really only wanted Metroid related amiibos. I don't have any at all.

Also, thanks for the help guys. I'm going to be looking to purchase a few games come after christmas from best buy. Make use of that reward zone and gamers club card I have. Thinking of getting Smash Bros, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2 and Wind Waker just to start.

The only games I have right now are Nintendo Land, Super Mario 3D World/Land, Monster Hunter 3 (I wish the new one came out on consoles), Metroid Prime Trilogy and Hyrule Warriors. Along with a few Wii games like Twilight Princess.

On the topic of Hyrule Warriors, what is there to do after you've beaten the campaign? I haven't played a dynasty warriors game since the second one.

Xenoblade also looks really cool but I don't think I'd understand how to play it correctly.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Amiibos are not region locked in any way

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ularg posted:

So how do imported ammibos work? If i got a Japan imported Samus amiibo does it only work with a Japanese gamepad, wiiu or game? I really only wanted Metroid related amiibos. I don't have any at all.

Amiibo are completely region free. The only JPN to USA difference is the paint scheme of the R.O.B. amiibo.

Ularg posted:

On the topic of Hyrule Warriors, what is there to do after you've beaten the campaign? I haven't played a dynasty warriors game since the second one.

The story mode is just the tip of the iceberg. The bulk of the game is in the Adventure Map, where you're given certain conditions to meet using a certain character (sometimes a specific weapon set). There's something like 120 Adventure stages, with 4 more Adventure maps available as DLC.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
:drudge: INCOMING MESSAGE FROM ITAGAKI :drudge:

https://youtu.be/eou8a6VGu50

I'd it just me or does this look like one of those videos Osama Bin Laden always releases around election time?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Tender Bender posted:

I don't own a Wii U but I'm mentally ill and associate a videogame character's appearance in a videogame with feelings of distress and betrayal.

You sure got me! I am mentally ill because a thing I wanted is coming out on a system that I don't want to get into this late.

Not to get back on this matter, but I had to call out that guy, because there are overreactions and then there are overreactions.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

greatn posted:

:drudge: INCOMING MESSAGE FROM ITAGAKI :drudge:

https://youtu.be/eou8a6VGu50

I'd it just me or does this look like one of those videos Osama Bin Laden always releases around election time?

This game looks so bad. I can't wait to play it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Craptacular! posted:

You sure got me! I am mentally ill because a thing I wanted is coming out on a system that I don't want to get into this late.

Not to get back on this matter, but I had to call out that guy, because there are overreactions and then there are overreactions.

you're an enormous clown

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

You thought Cloud in Smash Bros would come out on a different system?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Tender Bender posted:

You thought Cloud in Smash Bros would come out on a different system?

No. It was more that I wished he was in the original package a year ago. The gist of my original post was that Nintendo is trying really hard to get me to buy a Wii U (pitching me Wii U games on my 3DS, targeting fanservice right at me) and I'm not comfortable buying one at this time.

But it's also true that, yeah, they are far less willing to share their IP than other Japanese gaming companies are to put their own IP in Nintendo's hands. That's not even in dispute.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 5, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i wish miku was in smash

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

epitasis posted:

i wish miku was in smash

let me tell you about the timeline where sega wins

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Craptacular! posted:

he reacted to you correctly

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Joy. Wait all day for UPS to show up with Xenoblade, and it won't load at all. Every other game in my collection works, but it won't. Only thing I can tell is there might be a scratch along the inner ring (darker metal next to the innermost clear part), but I wouldn't think that would cause it to not be read?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Craptacular! posted:

No. It was more that I wished he was in the original package a year ago. The gist of my original post was that Nintendo is trying really hard to get me to buy a Wii U (pitching me Wii U games on my 3DS, targeting fanservice right at me) and I'm not comfortable buying one at this time.

But it's also true that, yeah, they are far less willing to share their IP than other Japanese gaming companies are to put their own IP in Nintendo's hands. That's not even in dispute.

H-how dare they...?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Augus posted:

Xenoblade X is really cool but they need to increase the font size a bit. It shouldn't be this hard to see how much HP I have left in combat

I'm playing on a 65" behemoth of a TV and still can't see poo poo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Craptacular! posted:

Seeing a guy who basically IS the PlayStation brand on a Nintendo console
i can play a crash bandicoot game on my nintendo?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

but that's the best time to get a console, you don't have to wait for anything!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

You're angry because a company is using their unique game content to market their product.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Augus posted:

Xenoblade X is really cool but they need to increase the font size a bit. It shouldn't be this hard to see how much HP I have left in combat

whether or not you're dead should tell you all you need to know about your remaining hp

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Americans, TRU is doing 'buy one, get one 40% off" on all Wii/U/3DS games including Xenoblade Ekkusu:

http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler/index.jsp?promoId=84926226&type=trigger

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

oddium posted:

whether or not you're dead should tell you all you need to know about your remaining hp

this isnt the way i would live my life but i respect your philosophy

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

As someone who grew up with world and spent the entirety of my teenage years trying to mimic it nah.

If NSMBU had a better artistic style and not that plastic look it would be up there. I don't care about 3 at all and think a lot of stuff in it is boring as hell

I knew you were a gently caress. I knew it from day one.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

I know your gimmick is shitposting, but Nintendo keeps confirming and reconfirming that the next Zelda title is for Wii U.

I'm so confused how can you straight up identify the taint reaping beforehand and still get taint reaped

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oddium posted:

I'd think dying would be a thing you would deal with in a more preventative manner...you know, as opposed to reacting to it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

whoa okay there hippocrates i guess we just have our own ways of dealing with death

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Yeah fair warning to people on smaller TVs. You straight up won't be able to read most of the menus. I am 5' away from a 55" tv and am having a hell of a time reading anything. Devs will never learn.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

5' away from a 55" tv. either that text is really tiny or you need some glasses

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

Nintendo actually frequently hires on outside companies to make games featuring Nintendo IP... for release on Nintendo systems. They just don't license out their IP to appear in games on competing systems, because none of the big three first-party manufacturers do that, because it's idiotic.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

finally got around to playing pushmo after getting it over the sale and man, that is one fun game, even if you play some guys embarrassing anime character level

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Asnorban posted:

Yeah fair warning to people on smaller TVs. You straight up won't be able to read most of the menus. I am 5' away from a 55" tv and am having a hell of a time reading anything. Devs will never learn.

sorry you're blind, dude

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yo, what chapter is that point in the game where taint reaper said it opens up? Not that I'm not enjoying it already but just wondering.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Awesome! posted:

5' away from a 55" tv. either that text is really tiny or you need some glasses

Ok. More like 8'. But yeah.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Augus posted:

Yo, what chapter is that point in the game where taint reaper said it opens up? Not that I'm not enjoying it already but just wondering.

You get your first mech at around 20-30 hours

Chapter 9 is when you get the flightpack and can then fully explore.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm 11 feet away from a 42 inch TV and a lot of text (particularly the UI in battle) is inappropriately small. The developers clearly did not stop to wonder if someone would play the game in a context other than their office workstations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Taint Reaper posted:

You get your first mech at around 20-30 hours

Chapter 9 is when you get the flightpack and can then fully explore.

You said 7 hours or so for the "tutorial" to end. That's what I meant, what chapter number would that be?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm playing the game from inside dead rising on an sd tv and whew. wowzers

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Asnorban posted:

I play about 7-8 feet away on a 39" tv. subtitles read fine, but rest of the text i have to lean in to about 6'? or so to be able to read it properly. I only need my glasses to see text on a street sign at like, idk, 60feet? or more, I haven't really measured.

it's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm playing on a 70" tv and i can see everything fine.

• Locked thread