Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I'm going to guess that my low sim speed has to do with my CPU not being able to simulate physics for the accumulated mass of floating items and debris from dozens of drones and other things. Trash removal seems to still be broked.

Also new really weird problem; whenever I get close to docking my small travel ship onto this specific connector on my ship, the game immediately crashes. It's just this one ship and that one connector, too. What's the deal there?

I see you're using hydrogen reactors mod which is cool. I just got that one, have yet to actually poke at it though. Is that an extra large hydrogen tank? Sorry about spamming this thread with my problems btw. I'll be posting some nice content pictures of my dumb survival wienership soon.

Nope and nope :v:. Azimuth reactors and cargo container. The hydrogen thrusters are vanilla, the tanks are the 2x1's from the Small Ship Mega Mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

How can I check sim speed? I'm offline singleplayer and I get good framerates it's just now I'm like moving in super slow-mo.

E: I have a sim speed of 0.43. UUUUGH. How do I make it 1? This is horrible.

What world settings do you have? Is it all the time or are there area's where sim speed is ok? Do you have pirate shits falling out of the sky?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Something I think would work is adding a full fleet of ships among the random encounters/spawns, like what you see in the new menu movies and planet trailer. Something big and dangerous that you either have to work to pick off an outlier picket ship for minor profit as the rest jump away and leave it behind, or wade in with a battleship of your own to slug it out with the big boys for their vast ammo stores and repair materials.

Slug it out for... ammo and repair materials? That's the reward?

I think what the game is missing is any sort of incentive to DO the ship combat. By the time I harvest enough resources from asteroids to make a combat-worthy ship, the resources I earn from defeating another ship are... lacking.

There's no currency, and I wouldn't want currency as a reward, but there needs to be something beyond "you save a bit of time in getting resources you'd otherwise get for free by mining asteroids" to draw me in. Maybe a resource that isn't available through mining? A component that is otherwise unavailable/unique/rare?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

At this stage performance is also a mess so you need to constantly clean up after your battles or poo poo would go south real quick.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
They should just turn it into Sinistar. Enemy drones are taking about 8 hours (or whatever amount of time is good) to build one of like a dozen random superboss ships out in the middle of nowhere, and you have to be ready for this planet-eating monstrosity to make a bee-line to you after they finish.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
TLDR of my eaten effort post:

Technology tree. Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 of all the things, need to R&D with resources and time to upgrade and be able to build all the things beyond current stock.

If you kill a more advanced players ship, you can salvage their still intact high tech stuff and attempt to reverse engineer it (time and resources), or you can go full pirate and just merge block staple it to your existing ship.

Aliens are a thing, but are all dead. You can find alien stuff (extremely rare) and they're the highest tech stuff there is, so competing for it and finding it is part of the endgame.

As a heavily teched up player, you need to balance owning folk with not letting your tech get captured and R&Ded, thus losing an advantage. Smart players are going to be playing this game, and we've all seen some poo poo on the workshop that uses intelligence to trump firepower, so tech advantage isn't all that OP.

End Game: There is a fully intact alien ship being restored by the pirates. It'll take them forever to do it, and they're also in the market for all the blueprints and parts. and what tech they do have they use in their ships, forcing you to use higher tech stuff in your own and increasing the risk you might lose a ship to them with tech they need.

Find the ship, stop the super meteor shower, etc.

I dunno.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
This game REALLY needs a non-Magnesium-based weapon, probably an iron-based mass driver, so fights can get started without literally every (player) faction needing to find a rich Mg node (with the alternative being "be literally defenseless")

Also 'cheap' versions of thrusters etc so you don't need literally every single resource in the game to make a basic "it flies" ship. :arghfist:

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Othin posted:

So I picked this up during the sale and have been working through the tutorials. On tutorial 03 energy it says to connect the two sides of the station or something. It seems as if you should just G to the item menu or whatever and select the first box on there and just spam those across the room between the two ramps. When I try to build them across the room though, it will never let you connect to the other ramp. I've tried to start on both sides and either way you always end up not being able to build the last square. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just bugged?

This is a bug.

This steam post has a work-around. Fifth post down. Let's you skip that tutorial (or any other tutorial).

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

Alright so I have one day set to 30 minutes so I need enough batteries to produce enough kWh to last the night and enough solar panels to power the batteries in addition to whatever else is running?

E: from the looks of base values its going to be impossible to run anything that maintains altitude with atmospheric thrusters with a solar panels and batteries.

If you get 50% sun coverage, you need 2x power drain of solar panels, and enough batteries to store 7.5m of solar panel max output. Adjust from there.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

McGiggins posted:

TLDR of my eaten effort post:

Technology tree. Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 of all the things, need to R&D with resources and time to upgrade and be able to build all the things beyond current stock.

If you kill a more advanced players ship, you can salvage their still intact high tech stuff and attempt to reverse engineer it (time and resources), or you can go full pirate and just merge block staple it to your existing ship.

Aliens are a thing, but are all dead. You can find alien stuff (extremely rare) and they're the highest tech stuff there is, so competing for it and finding it is part of the endgame.

As a heavily teched up player, you need to balance owning folk with not letting your tech get captured and R&Ded, thus losing an advantage. Smart players are going to be playing this game, and we've all seen some poo poo on the workshop that uses intelligence to trump firepower, so tech advantage isn't all that OP.

End Game: There is a fully intact alien ship being restored by the pirates. It'll take them forever to do it, and they're also in the market for all the blueprints and parts. and what tech they do have they use in their ships, forcing you to use higher tech stuff in your own and increasing the risk you might lose a ship to them with tech they need.

Find the ship, stop the super meteor shower, etc.

I dunno.

Absolutely love it! This game could really use some form of research element to it instead of just giving you access to everything right from the get go. It could also double as a psudo-tutorial for the blocks you gain knowledge that tells you what the heck it does. Also having less access to everything from the start would be less overwhelming for new players. ALSO PROGRESSION!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Absolutely love it! This game could really use some form of research element to it instead of just giving you access to everything right from the get go. It could also double as a psudo-tutorial for the blocks you gain knowledge that tells you what the heck it does. Also having less access to everything from the start would be less overwhelming for new players. ALSO PROGRESSION!

Agreed but it needs a mineral rework at the same time. One of the biggest problems with this game is that the difficulty curve is almost straight up until you find a deposit of every single mineral, then it gets a heck of a lot easier once you can build things like thrusters and control consoles/cockpits. I'm not sure how Keen could introduce a tiered mineral/module system without a complete refactoring of the game, but maybe that's still not the worst idea ever.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Here's my album of my current survival ship! It's a really big ship that can take off from earth to space (thanks titan engine!) and space to planet without crashing!

No hydrogen thrusters for reasons. It was mostly hobbled together based on current needs.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Just noticed something while looking through the log file to figure out why these specific 2 connectors of mine are causing CTD.

Notice the log times. It goes date > hours > minutes > seconds > milliseconds. After just being in the game for a whole 5 minutes I've already generated a log file 5,522 kb in size. Every moment I'm playing my game there's an error occurring. Is this normal for you guys too?

Edit: Just used my jump drive for the first time. After the jump, my gyros refuse to respond despite being turned ON and everything. About a minute later the game suddenly crashes. This happened twice now. (Just drives are apparently VERY BUSTED right now)

E2: My ship which is in space is now turning very slowly to the left despite being outside any gravity and all connected ships stuff being perfectly OFF...

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 5, 2015

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
My friend and I finally managed to get off planet. We decided to land on the moon and hopefully find some platinum. Unfortunately we came up with nothing. Is it really just that rare, or is it only on asteroids? I don't recall seeing any, and we were about 100k away from our home planet.

Pretty annoying considering how much fuel those hydrogen thrusters guzzle.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Trivia posted:

My friend and I finally managed to get off planet. We decided to land on the moon and hopefully find some platinum. Unfortunately we came up with nothing. Is it really just that rare, or is it only on asteroids? I don't recall seeing any, and we were about 100k away from our home planet.

Pretty annoying considering how much fuel those hydrogen thrusters guzzle.

While I haven't yet prospected the moon for platinum some friends have reported that it is there. however not in large quantities and it has an issue with texture similarity between itself and the general moon rock.

Asteroids and, really, pirate ships seem to be a more reliable source. Though navigating to asteroids and lucking out with a platinum deposit can be a sketchy venture when you're running on fuel. Let alone trying to fight pirate ships without the benefit of ion engines.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Needing Mg for weapons at this point is just dumb. Give us electromagnetic gattling guns that fire iron. No crafting bullets, just shoot iron.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

cyclonic posted:

This is a bug.

This steam post has a work-around. Fifth post down. Let's you skip that tutorial (or any other tutorial).

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home.

Dryer Lint
May 17, 2010

Biggest most lovable jerk on the internet.
:sun:
Do people still play engines in space?

Edit: Like on mumbles?

zennik
Jun 9, 2002

Dryer Lint posted:

Do people still play engines in space?

Edit: Like on mumbles?

Not as many as there used to be, but a few of us still pop onto APTAA Mumble when we're on the server.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

Dusty Lens posted:

While I haven't yet prospected the moon for platinum some friends have reported that it is there. however not in large quantities and it has an issue with texture similarity between itself and the general moon rock.

Asteroids and, really, pirate ships seem to be a more reliable source. Though navigating to asteroids and lucking out with a platinum deposit can be a sketchy venture when you're running on fuel. Let alone trying to fight pirate ships without the benefit of ion engines.

Searching at night is a lesson in frustration. Wait until high noon and those dark patches are easy to spot. Still no luck though, had to exit game. I guess it's time for space race round 2!

RabidGolfCart
Mar 19, 2010

Excellent!
I improved on my modular work ship.

I call this one Laddie.
It's a basic cockpit module and manipulator for my modular ship setup.

I call this one Maddie, it's almost thrice as powerful as it's smaller sibling.

They're basically little space forklifts.

Assorted attachments can be connected easily and detached with the press of an external button.

In order to connect to an attachment's conveyor system I built Laddie a 'backpack' module.
It also provides extra storage and enhances Laddie's speed, bringing it up to par with Maddie.

Maddie is especially good at hauling these cargo containers.
While Laddie is particularly useful for shuffling the containers around.

Adding these Thruster modules greatly increase the vessels manoeuvrability.
Jump drive modules are also available.

A reactor module allows greater range as all the other modules rely on internal batteries or solar panels.

Support module including oxygen generation and first aid stations (Not pictured).
Also pictured is a jury processing setup.

Big convoys are easy to assemble.

You can even build yourself a mini-station.

With ample locations to dock your tools.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Merge blocks are super cool. They're one of my favorite blocks in this game. I'm glad they're not bugged to oblivion like rotors/pistons/jumpdrives/game.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

RabidGolfCart posted:

I improved on my modular work ship.

That is rad. I can only imagine what all of the naming systems for your merge blocks looks like on the command list.

Do you ever have any issues with that when you build components through blueprints/copying in creative?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Dusty Lens posted:

That is rad. I can only imagine what all of the naming systems for your merge blocks looks like on the command list.

To keep my drone carrier's commend menu sane I use a consistent naming scheme, every ship (including the carrier) has a three-letter prefix and an ID number. This effectively turns the command menu search box into a ship whitelist. If I want to access the systems of a docked mining drone, for example, I type RMV* (where * is the number) into the command menu, and there it is.

The same system would work for merge-block-based setups, and should also stop timers from getting mixed up on merging/unmerging, as it guarantees no two parts will have a block with exactly the same name.

Dusty Lens posted:

Do you ever have any issues with that when you build components through blueprints/copying in creative?
For drones that can be an issue, I create multiple local blueprints for different ID numbers of the same type. The easiest way to do this is to copy the blueprint files, rename the copies and use Notepad++ (or similar) to find/replace the ID strings - note that this maintains timer, hotbar and group associations correctly.

I've been meaning to get around to learning how to do in-game scripting to make a program that will replace a given ID with another, to make it possible to do this in-game.

GotLag fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Dec 6, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GotLag posted:

To keep my drone carrier's commend menu sane I use a consistent naming scheme, every ship (including the carrier) has a three-letter prefix and an ID number. This effectively turns the command menu search box into a ship whitelist. If I want to access the systems of a docked mining drone, for example, I type RMV* (where * is the number) into the command menu, and there it is.

The same system would work for merge-block-based setups, and should also stop timers from getting mixed up on merging/unmerging, as it guarantees no two parts will have a block with exactly the same name.

If you're worried about one button or timer setting off both identically-named blocks when merged together, that doesn't happen. At least, not anymore. Figuring out which one's on which module's still down to you or using "show on HUD" though. I use the same three-letter/digit naming scheme myself, incidentally.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

I have encountered 2 huge bugs with modular ships and blueprinting. I found them making this ship:

My now finished modular ship the "Jack." It has to be blueprinted with most of the modules attached or else certain items in the toolbar don't associate correctly. Groups are more resilient about this, but some things like cameras (view command) and jump drives (jump command) are not available when grouped. This clogs up my list in the console as you can't hide groups and makes cameras incredibly frustrating. Cameras don't have the "View" command as an option when added as part of a group, even if they're the only entry, as you can't view a group of cameras at once. Thus, every module with a camera needs to be built attached together with your controller blocks in some way. If anyone has found a way around this one, I'd like to know.

On a server, toolbars don't save unless the cockpits are built from blueprints. That means, if you lose a part/function on your toolbar that wasn't a group(my cameras for example) you've got to grind down every single control block (cockpit, cmd chair, remote) and then rebuild everything that was wasn't grouped on your bar. Every time I lose a part with a camera due to server lag or accidents, I have to grind off all cameras and cockpits/remotes after reattaching every module together regardless of what was actually damaged. I wish there was an easier way. If toolbar settings would persist in multiplayer, it wouldn't be much of an issue.

The second big issue is that if you hit merge on/off too fast, it wipes all of your groups. Combined with grouping everything, it can be very frustrating. Other than that, I enjoy flying this ship even if they jacked up connectors recently, they stay green when shutdown and still looks on/locked, but can't transfer items and shows off in ctrl panel. This, and merges no longer auto docking connectors makes modular ships a little less fluid than before. Anyway, here are some vanity shots. I love being able to just about everything with this craft.

Here is one of it being remote controlled while the salvage foot module holds some spare parts still for the grinder.

This is a demo hangar where I can grab all the modules, the core ship is docked to the trailer, which is docked to the station.

I have so many stone ejectors. Left over from when I was using ejectors>collectors for the merge connection when I was new at this.

Another demo docking area.

I made some larger tools for building/salvaging my first large ships. Without cameras and with similar grouping names and they work fine as separate blueprints with no modifications to the original cockpit controls.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The Cheyenne Mountain Complex is such a disappointment after watching too much SG-1. It's just burrowed-out tunnels underneath the mountain with loosely-connected buildings crammed inside. :smith: This unsuspecting office-building facade is the official official entrance for the complex. My childhood :argh:

But no matter, because this lets me build my pseudo-massive underground structure in a similar way. Because elevators suck.

A building crammed into a large cavern. A work in progress but the whole thing will be something like that.

Since the last update, I've been busy at work fleshing out the top hangar deck and adding more functional bits. And when I mean functional, I mean conveyors.

Lots of conveyors. They do actually serve a purpose, though! They are attached to numerous oxygen vents, and I've setup 7 "repair bays" of sorts. Mostly separate stalls with various connectors positioned in various ways. I'm hoping that future vehicles can just come in and dock for resupply. I have a much larger one in the back for larger craft, although everything is size-limited by the entrance.

Other things: Elevators suck.

A large vehicle lift and my first hands-on experience with timer blocks. Figuring out what should trigger what required me to write this poo poo down, because you can't keep it all together in your head. I can't wait to gently caress around with dozens more timer blocks in the future!
The gate-thing around the elevator is just a warning gate that descends from the ceiling to make sure nobody falls in. Fancy red lights are also included.

Another stupid elevator. While I'm planning for the whole complex to be roughly two-three floors so stairs remain a thing, I want to build a deeper command section and that's going to require a much, much larger elevator. Nevermind the ship hangar I plan to build eventually that will be as tall as the mountain itself :psyduck:

Ugly empty space that I want to stick some sort of manufacturing bay in there, but I'm not the best at figuring out the technical logistics of building one. It is possible to build on in a station, right? I'll probably either slowly figure it out and/or rip Neddy's manufactorium and modify it for gravity.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Amechwarrior posted:

I have so many stone ejectors. Left over from when I was using ejectors>collectors for the merge connection when I was new at this.

The glorious pre-connector days. Being said I actually started using ejectors again on planets. They're pretty useful, when combined with filters, for ejecting unwanted stone on my various mining rigs to keep the weight down. The only hypothetical downside is that it cycles through free objects pretty quickly if someone else is mining by hand or accidentally had some components fall to the deck while dismantling a part.

I really like your modular approach. Normally I would simply put together my usual run of specialized ships but with the relative value of platinum having gone up so high, particularly in the early game, that might be less practical.

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
I managed to slog through the bugs and get a (very small) planet base going. Then I decided to go mining across the lake in a wheeled vehicle :( The extra weight seems to make it far more likely to fall through the planet it seems. Now we're back to anger and disappointment.

RabidGolfCart
Mar 19, 2010

Excellent!
I built a projector module to go with the rest:

It even has positioning controls on the side.

Edit:
I discovered a pretty cool mod that adds roll cage parts.

I'm thinking of redesigning a few of the core modules to fit the style.
Also pictured is a medium sized cockpit with a single connector and medium cargo container.

RabidGolfCart fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 9, 2015

Madame Ovary
Jul 22, 2013
So... I never understood how the exploration thing works. I never really found any ships or stations after that exploration update, back before planets came. Now that there are planets, I still don't know how it works, or whether any procedural generation is going on when you start a planet scenario at all.

I mean I just kinda wanna make some vehicles and sort of fly/drive around and see if I find anything interesting but I don't even know if the game actually would throw anything interesting at me.

Any wise goons out there who can explain this stuff to me?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Madame Ovary posted:

So... I never understood how the exploration thing works. I never really found any ships or stations after that exploration update, back before planets came. Now that there are planets, I still don't know how it works, or whether any procedural generation is going on when you start a planet scenario at all.

I mean I just kinda wanna make some vehicles and sort of fly/drive around and see if I find anything interesting but I don't even know if the game actually would throw anything interesting at me.

Install the Exploration Enhancement Mod and/or try using Midspace's Exploration Scan. Jump 40km at a time, scan, repeat. You'll find stuff pretty consistently.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Madame Ovary posted:

It's entirely random. As you fly around through space, depending on the density you've chosen for your universe, asteroids will spawn periodically. You can fly near them and even use your Ore Detector to check what goods they have in them. As long as you don't interact with them (i.e. take a chunk out of them with a drill) they will despawn and not occupy memory in the server files. As soon as you ding them with a drill, they're logged in your server file and can be returned to after you log out or reset the server.

On occasion, you'll encounter a derelict ship floating out in space. Typically these ships have all their batteries turned Off or completely discharged, and their reactors generally have 0 Uranium in them. Some will be well-stocked with ammunition and goods; others will clearly be little solar space stations or observation craft. However, like the procedurally generated asteroids, you'll want to physically interact with them (i.e. grind down a block or construct an extra block of your own) in order to make them persist between sessions. Once I located a ship, added a GPS bookmark, flew aboard and took some goods from the cargo hold, and then logged out--but because I hadn't ground anything down, the next time I logged in (dedicated server) the ship was gone.

Overall there's really not anything "cool" to find insofar as you'll never obtain any resources you wouldn't otherwise get by mining or attacking the passing cargo ships. You get to see ships designed by other people, frequently with ship names or control panel names in other languages (Italian and Russian are common for me) but because they are unpiloted, unpowered, and abandonned, it's just more of a "Hey, that's neat" thing.

Madame Ovary
Jul 22, 2013

XkyRauh posted:

You get to see ships designed by other people, frequently with ship names or control panel names in other languages (Italian and Russian are common for me) but because they are unpiloted, unpowered, and abandonned, it's just more of a "Hey, that's neat" thing.

Neat's all I need. Do any of these ever show up on the planets or is it a strictly asteroid thing?

I'm kinda amazed how rotten my luck has been so far in running into these things.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Getting started in survival on a planet is really hard... Anyone got any advice or pointers? Mining seems to be a huge pain in the rear end, and ore sensors don't seem to work very well.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Getting started in survival on a planet is really hard... Anyone got any advice or pointers? Mining seems to be a huge pain in the rear end, and ore sensors don't seem to work very well.

Wheeled vehicles are really weird right now. The best wheeled vehicles set the wheels' friction to zero and slide around using small thrusters similar to skiing in tribes games. IE: turn it into a hovercraft. It's also immensely fun and practical since it combines the energy efficiancy of wheels and the speed of a flight craft. Using wheels like how you would expect is an exercise in frustration.

When building an actual flight craft, use large thrusters over the smaller ones whenever you can. You don't need thrusters pushing you down, you have gravity for that.

The best mining ship is one that flies and is shaped a bit like a jackhammer. Be sure to put extra lots of thrusters on it because that ore you dig up really add up with mass on your ship after a short while.

Batteries and solar panels are going to be your main source of power generation unless you can manage to find a uranium vein, so get acquainted with them. Generally I leave everything unchecked on the batteries (full-auto) so it both recharges and discharges at the same time. When I'm not using the vehicle I check the "recharge" so it only recharges and not discharge. Grids will always pull power from solars > batteries > reactors in this order. So don't be surprised if your batteries aren't being charged by your solars, power is probably being pulled from something else.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Tsvrt40Ss

When I saw the video title, I was really hoping that they meant that processing stone would now give trace amounts of all mineral types, but alas.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Little lack luster update, but I'm sure there'll be something interesting next week. :ohdear:

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Moddington posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Tsvrt40Ss

When I saw the video title, I was really hoping that they meant that processing stone would now give trace amounts of all mineral types, but alas.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=457957428

Can we put this mod in the OP? It solves a lot of problems. Unless you max out efficiency in world settings then use multiple, upgraded refineries creating fucktons of gravel. then you very quickly gain more power from uranium than you put into grinding down the stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Batteries and solar panels are going to be your main source of power generation unless you can manage to find a uranium vein, so get acquainted with them. Generally I leave everything unchecked on the batteries (full-auto) so it both recharges and discharges at the same time. When I'm not using the vehicle I check the "recharge" so it only recharges and not discharge. Grids will always pull power from solars > batteries > reactors in this order. So don't be surprised if your batteries aren't being charged by your solars, power is probably being pulled from something else.
Also: There's currently something weird going on with thrusters. If you can, make a separate place to park your ships, disconnected from your battery grid. My small ships have been freaking out and their thrusters have been demanding as much as 5MW of power just to sit parked at a connector! That chewed through my battery stores pretty quick, and the station went dark through a long, cold night. :(

• Locked thread