Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can you co-op with friends in this?

Ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can you co-op with friends in this?

yes you give them a secret pass word and then u will only summon each other

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My psn is jakeface6.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Added.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to beat ludwig tomorrow. or maybe sunday. but this weekend that dumb monster horse is going down.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just finished the chalice dungeons, Queen Killer really lives up to his name lmao.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the face ludwig makes when his neck parasite is spewing magic is incredible. just incredible

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
for having such a cool sword, ludwig got super hosed up by the beast plague. it's also cool that as soon as i entered his boss arena i recognized the shape of his head from the altar in amelia's arena and was like 'oh gently caress i'm fighting ludwig!'

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

for having such a cool sword, ludwig got super hosed up by the beast plague. it's also cool that as soon as i entered his boss arena i recognized the shape of his head from the altar in amelia's arena and was like 'oh gently caress i'm fighting ludwig!'

I salute your insanely powerful storygamer senses.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when i checked this you were offline :/

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

when i checked this you were offline :/

:sympathy:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing guilty gear Xrd now

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the fishing hamlet i s so loving good!!! i like it more than anywhere else in gaming

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is harder than dark souls...the big roving gangs of enemies gently caress you up.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I foind ludwig and hes toi strong for me 2 beat atm...fuuuu.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I watch videos of ds1 or 2 (or hell, that ds3 with no hud) and my jaw drops and the insanely small damage everyone takes

I'm sitting over here in ng++ at lv200 and die in three hits from werewolf villager #4

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dark souls 1 had that incredible first month or so where no one knew poo poo about the game and it's secrets and it was like being teleported to 1996 and hearing about mew and strength and trucks again. It was epic.

Dark souls 2 would only be rated higher for me because power stancing maces and smashing faces with a powerful drum break was too good

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

fully sick

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

I know everyone's probably mostly in awe of the corner of the giant plaza turning into a huge ambulatory and malevolent tree-being and the ballista bolts sending enemy hollows (?) whipping across the screen, but I think the bit I liked most in that video was running about in the collapsed, angling tower. buildings with the angles off are my good poo poo in games - there was a ton of it in Lonesome Road in New Vegas, and a bit in DS (in Shulva, and I think a little bit in Oolacile), and it's good to see it here.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Rakuyo owns, I just tore through Ebrietas on NG with it

Dec 26, 2012

the rakuyo l2 is everything i ever wanted from dual wielding in a souls game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm getting ludwig down to a quarter reliably, but still messing up dodges when he does his combo slash. i'll get him though.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
tried out the beast cutter and I'm a little underwhelmed. hopefully it gets better cause it looks cool but so far I think the whirligig or rakuyo are more fun

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

apropos to nothing posted:

tried out the beast cutter and I'm a little underwhelmed. hopefully it gets better cause it looks cool but so far I think the whirligig or rakuyo are more fun

I can't get the hang of the whiligig but the amygalan arm is great.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

http://io9.com/the-weirdest-and-fiercest-helmets-from-the-age-of-armor-510686611

Look, kool helmets. The frog helmet is definitely the Ruin sentinel from DS2.

I hope we get some helmets with painted designs in DS3.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I hate rom!!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the ptheumarian descendant is a very rough fight until you treat him like a wolf/dog and just dodge behind him. if you use a big weapon like the hammer or saw you can stunlock him until he backs off, repeat.

his second form can still be rough but you just have to watch out for the heavy attacks, wait for him to finish those big combos and youre good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Threaded cane/chikage run is some extreme win. Just took out ludwig using the whip for phase 1 and the bloody katana for phase 2.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
"We’re not dreamers. We’re awaking from a dream turning into a nightmare. We’re not destroying anything. We’re watching the system destroy itself." - zizek :waycool:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

tfw your main weapon breaks mid fight but you switch over to your backup weapon and win anyway. god drat Maria is the best fight.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

now the true battle begins at the bottom of the well.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 6, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never had a weapon break in bloodborne

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rakuyo unlocked.

In Training posted:

I've never had a weapon break in bloodborne

it just says weapon at risk then does like half or less damage than usual.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh wait I have once, when I hit a shielded guy on NG+ a couple times in forbidden woods

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

this game is like so hard!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the only reason durability is a thing in the game is so that some cursed gems are extra annoying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Durability worked really well in 60fps Dark Souls II where it forces you to mix up your weapon selection for longer levels but in every other game it's always felt completely pointless to me

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Evil Eagle posted:

now the true battle begins at the bottom of the well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

this game is like so hard!

I can't even get passed the first lantern Lmao.