Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Clench a towel between your buttcheeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eat a meal of Pinecone, bark, and hair.

Then dump her for a twink, become a real bear.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Travis343 posted:

This is actually the worst idea for a sweaty butt since he will just leave a huge soaking sweat skidmark on the bed
put a towel down

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Talked to her more about the IUD thing. She no longer thinks the copper will kill her ( may be allergic to copper though so still might not be an option). She seems more in favor of the implant.

"If still make you wear condoms, though..."

:negative:

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 5, 2015

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Do you live somewhere where it's impossible to get a safe abortion?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Crazyeyes posted:

At least she's helping you out by not letting you put your dick in crazy.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Copper IUDs make your period heavier and your cramps worse. That loving blows.

The implant makes your period totally unpredictable -- it could be anything, including sometimes nonstop. That's not fun or easy either.

Like I get why you want to bareback, but wearing condoms disrupts your life a lot less than birth control disrupts hers. Have you thought about a vasectomy?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Anne Whateley posted:

Copper IUDs make your period heavier and your cramps worse. That loving blows.

The implant makes your period totally unpredictable -- it could be anything, including sometimes nonstop. That's not fun or easy either.

Like I get why you want to bareback, but wearing condoms disrupts your life a lot less than birth control disrupts hers. Have you thought about a vasectomy?

"I might get tummy aches, have you thought about taking a soldering iron to your testicles?"

I mean I know that's a silly strawman, but it's not as if a vasectomy is less invasive or a smaller request than an IUD. And some people may want kids one day, but also want to enjoy raw doggin it in the meantime.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
A vasectomy and an IUD aren't that far apart procedure-wise, but only one causes worse bleeding and cramps (tummy aches :lol:) for 1/4 of your life afterward. I didn't say he should get a vasectomy, just wondered if it had been considered.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

A vasectomy is VERY far apart from an IUD. IUDs are removable/reversible if you want kids later or can't deal with the side effects (which many people don't even have). Vasectomies straight-up aren't.

I haven't seen a single person say his girlfriend should get sterilized.

Yes, it is a shame there is no reversible BC for men, but there just isn't. For the time being, it's something a woman needs to deal with if she wants a significant portion (majority?) of men to be willing to have sex with her.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 5, 2015

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I said in terms of the procedure. Again, I didn't say he should get a vasectomy, I just asked if he'd thought about it. "No, I want kids later" would be a legit answer. Vasectomies can often be reversed but it's not something to go in planning on.

If you think a majority of men refuse to wear condoms, that's pretty disturbing imo.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

KillHour posted:

Yes, it is a shame there is no reversible BC for men, but there just isn't. For the time being, it's something a woman needs to deal with if she wants a significant portion (majority?) of men to be willing to have sex with her.
There will be soon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vas-occlusive_contraception Clinical trials have been looking good.

Crazyeyes posted:

Talked to her more about the IUD thing. She no longer thinks the copper will kill her ( may be allergic to copper though so still might not be an option). She seems more in favor of the implant.

:negative:
Is there a reason she won't consider a plastic hormonal IUD? I'll bet you anything I'm more terrified of getting pregnant than her (being a trans dude not on testosterone), and I've been able to totally stop worrying about it. Both the implant and IUDs have a less than 1% failure rate, which is better than even perfect use with condoms. Also, having no periods rules, though not everyone experiences that.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I would say the majority of men either would not be willing to wear condoms in a long term relationship or do not trust them as the sole BC method with regular intercourse.

It would 100% be a deal breaker for me.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

hoobajoo posted:

"I might get tummy aches, have you thought about taking a soldering iron to your testicles?"

I mean I know that's a silly strawman, but it's not as if a vasectomy is less invasive or a smaller request than an IUD. And some people may want kids one day, but also want to enjoy raw doggin it in the meantime.

I mainly just lurk here, but for what it's worth, for me, period cramps can be more than "tummy aches". I've had cramping so bad I've literally thrown up and passed out. Obviously I'm a statistical outlier, but it just irks me when people downplay them as being basically nothing when for some people they're actually debilitating. Not that I'm saying "therefore woooh everybody should go and get vasectomies yay", just that it's not completely unreasonable to have a personal aversion and willingness to explore all options for both partners.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Whitlam posted:

I mainly just lurk here, but for what it's worth, for me, period cramps can be more than "tummy aches". I've had cramping so bad I've literally thrown up and passed out. Obviously I'm a statistical outlier, but it just irks me when people downplay them as being basically nothing when for some people they're actually debilitating. Not that I'm saying "therefore woooh everybody should go and get vasectomies yay", just that it's not completely unreasonable to have a personal aversion and willingness to explore all options for both partners.

I actually have had cramps, due to a liver problem, so I know how bad they can get. Like I said, it's a silly strawman to say that, I know cramps can go from mild to severe. I read more into the original message than was really there, so it's whatever. Sorry if I cast shade on half of the human populace.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I would point out the following regarding vasectomies:

• Despite reversal being technically possible men seeking them are told the procedure should be considered permanent, and reversal procedures are both highly expensive ($10,000+) and not covered by most insurers
  • Unless you're over 35 and/or have enough children to satisfy the urologist who would be doing the procedure you're likely to run into "oh you naive 20-something, everyone wants babies and you do too - even if you don't know it yet"
  • Unlike literally every other FDA-approved contraceptive/sterilization method vasectomies were not covered by the birth control mandate of the ACA, so instead of having nearly all of the procedure covered you'd have to deal with deductibles, co-pays and annual out of pocket maximums before your insurer would cover any of the procedure (unless you happen to have amazing health insurance)

Suggesting that he should get a vasectomy before his girlfriend even tries an IUD or implant is just about as insane as suggesting his girlfriend should get a tubal before they use condoms.

And frankly, if unprotected sex is a dealbreaker he should probably just break up with her and find someone not so paranoid about getting pregnant that she would insist on him wearing a condom when she has birth control that is statistically as effective as sterilization.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Holy poo poo I don't know how I could possibly be any clearer

Anne Whateley posted:

Have you thought about a vasectomy?

Anne Whateley posted:

I didn't say he should get a vasectomy, just wondered if it had been considered.

Anne Whateley posted:

Again, I didn't say he should get a vasectomy, I just asked if he'd thought about it. "No, I want kids later" would be a legit answer. Vasectomies can often be reversed but it's not something to go in planning on.

Everybody please stop reacting as if I'd said "all men must chop off your dongers"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

My point isn't that you said he had to get one. My point is that even suggesting it as a potential solution to his problem is completely insane. It's like telling someone with a leaky toilet "have you thought about just not having a bathroom?"

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.

KillHour posted:

Because there's no such thing as a a normal condom. You have to try out different kinds to see what fits and feels good.

Measure your dick and go here:

http://www.condom-sizes.org/condom-size-chart/condom-size-chart

This is a bit late but measuring is hard and I've been putting it off. Can I just buy a medium and a small and see what fits better?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I guess so? You probably don't need a small unless it's super thin.

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.
I probably need a small.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You should really measure. It's not hard to do, and a lot of guys buy condoms that are too small and end up breaking. We had one earlier in the thread.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

EB Nulshit posted:

This is a bit late but measuring is hard and I've been putting it off. Can I just buy a medium and a small and see what fits better?

There's no reason not to, aside from maybe spending a pretty trivial amount of money. I think it's really good to try using condoms by yourself in general, so you're more comfortable with them and know you have a good fit.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

hoobajoo posted:

There's no reason not to, aside from maybe spending a pretty trivial amount of money. I think it's really good to try using condoms by yourself in general, so you're more comfortable with them and know you have a good fit.

Quoting this to say I'm not disagreeing. Trying different condoms is important. I still think you should measure to be on the safe side, though. A lot of guys don't know what a properly fitting condom feels like, so just trying them on isn't enough.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What are some brands that make high-end (wireless) women's vibrators / dildos / etc? I'm thinking the $100 - $300 range. No lifelike dildos, but penetrative devices are fine.

The only brand I'm aware of is Lelo but I'm not really sure how good the product is. I'm also looking for something with a more "luxury" aesthetic, so something like the Hitachi isn't exactly what I'm aiming for.

I don't know any specifics on a certain product (g-spot stimulation, rabbits, etc), just more of a general idea of which brands to look for.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
Check out WeVibe. They do a wireless G-spot/clitoral vibe (that apparently now has an app to control it too!) and their stuff is really high quality.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

PRADA SLUT posted:

What are some brands that make high-end (wireless) women's vibrators / dildos / etc? I'm thinking the $100 - $300 range. No lifelike dildos, but penetrative devices are fine.

The only brand I'm aware of is Lelo but I'm not really sure how good the product is. I'm also looking for something with a more "luxury" aesthetic, so something like the Hitachi isn't exactly what I'm aiming for.

I'm given to understand the Lelo Smart Wand is basically king poo poo of gently caress mountain. I'm told it's basically a Hitachi but better in every way it could be lacking.

Otherwise, njoy makes a bunch of artsy-looking but really well-functioning metal penetrative toys - the pure wand (different type of wand) is hella good.

Jimmyjane is another premium brand but are sometimes a bit hit-or-miss, I've heard?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

upsidedown posted:

They do a wireless G-spot/clitoral vibe (that apparently now has an app to control it too!)
That's such an obvious feature I'm amazed it's not standard. I know they made USB powered vibrators over ten years ago but I've no idea how widespread they got or how well they worked, for obvious reasons.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is KY lube known to be poo poo?

Because we tried it and it just turned into some kind of hellish sticky mess and put us both right off sex.

From reading about, drug store lube is apparently always poo poo?

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

KY is garbage. Grab yourself some Sliquid(non-silicone) or Uberlube(silicone).

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Or coconut oil if you aren't using latex condoms.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Thank you everyone for your input. As I am 25 and very much want children someday (5-8 years from now), I will not be getting a vasectomy.

I am concerned that she has been so traumatized by whatever horrible sex ed program she had in high school that she is absolutely 100% convinced that "no condom = pregnancy" (although these other methods we've discussed have better success rates as far as I can tell online).

Stroop There It Is posted:

There will be soon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vas-occlusive_contraception Clinical trials have been looking good.

Is there a reason she won't consider a plastic hormonal IUD? I'll bet you anything I'm more terrified of getting pregnant than her (being a trans dude not on testosterone), and I've been able to totally stop worrying about it. Both the implant and IUDs have a less than 1% failure rate, which is better than even perfect use with condoms. Also, having no periods rules, though not everyone experiences that.

The hormonal IUD was also discussed, yes. Doesn't make much difference since she is too squeamish to even discuss alternatives to the pill with her doctor. Also worried what her parents will think because they are nosy assholes. The whole thing is very :confused:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Crazyeyes posted:

The hormonal IUD was also discussed, yes. Doesn't make much difference since she is too squeamish to even discuss alternatives to the pill with her doctor. Also worried what her parents will think because they are nosy assholes. The whole thing is very :confused:

If she can't even talk to her doctor about her options, and she's afraid to use birth control because of what ~other people~ will think, that's a recipe for disaster. Do her parents not think that you two are having sex or something? Is it some big secret?

Admittedly, I don't know the situation, but people I know who have had similar ideas are the kinds that if they get accidentally knocked up, they'll just keep it a secret for weeks on end until it's too late to do anything about it. If she can't talk to her doctor about normal birth control options, will she be able to talk to someone about a morning after pill?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Crazyeyes posted:

Thank you everyone for your input. As I am 25 and very much want children someday (5-8 years from now), I will not be getting a vasectomy.

I am concerned that she has been so traumatized by whatever horrible sex ed program she had in high school that she is absolutely 100% convinced that "no condom = pregnancy" (although these other methods we've discussed have better success rates as far as I can tell online).

Id say you need to turn yourself in to Chris Hansen because you're obviously dating a fourteen year old but sadly I know there are all too many people out there of sexhaving age who are not of sexhaving maturity. I dont really know what to tell you to do here since acting like you are king brains of sex mountain and 'educating' her will probably just breed resentment in her that you think you're smarter than she is and trying to convince her she's wrong is coming dangerously close to browbeating someone into a sexual situation they're not comfortable with, even though she's uncomfortable with it for ignorant, unrealistic reasons, she's got the final say here.

All you can really do is decide if she's worth a few years of condoms while she learns about her body and the world and gets more comfortable with herself as a sexhaver (this may never happen depending on how messed up and shamed she has been about sex during her development). You are 25, how old is she? If she's younger she's probably still dealing with a bunch of weird baggage she's been handed about sex her whole life. If she's 25 like you are though its possible it's not something she will change her attitude about. Either way I think that level of education and comfort has to be something she achieves on her own, short of supporting her and I guess having access to actual factual facts about BC. You don't want to have to convince and wheedle and wear somebody down til they finally let you stick it in raw. That's not going to be a good scene for anybody.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

:sever:

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

PRADA SLUT posted:

I don't know any specifics on a certain product (g-spot stimulation, rabbits, etc), just more of a general idea of which brands to look for.

It's not particularly artsy looking, but I love my wevibe tango. It is super powerful for a wireless vibe, tiny enough not to intimidate men and looks innocent in my makeup bag.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Travis343 posted:

Id say you need to turn yourself in to Chris Hansen because you're obviously dating a fourteen year old but sadly I know there are all too many people out there of sexhaving age who are not of sexhaving maturity. I dont really know what to tell you to do here since acting like you are king brains of sex mountain and 'educating' her will probably just breed resentment in her that you think you're smarter than she is and trying to convince her she's wrong is coming dangerously close to browbeating someone into a sexual situation they're not comfortable with, even though she's uncomfortable with it for ignorant, unrealistic reasons, she's got the final say here.

All you can really do is decide if she's worth a few years of condoms while she learns about her body and the world and gets more comfortable with herself as a sexhaver (this may never happen depending on how messed up and shamed she has been about sex during her development). You are 25, how old is she? If she's younger she's probably still dealing with a bunch of weird baggage she's been handed about sex her whole life. If she's 25 like you are though its possible it's not something she will change her attitude about. Either way I think that level of education and comfort has to be something she achieves on her own, short of supporting her and I guess having access to actual factual facts about BC. You don't want to have to convince and wheedle and wear somebody down til they finally let you stick it in raw. That's not going to be a good scene for anybody.

She's 25 as well and has had multiple boyfriends before me. She is not new to the world of sex. She is just terrified of pregnancy(though seems ok with getting an abortion if it does happen) and demands layers of redundant BC systems to be in place. We've been dating 3 years. She lives at home and has parents that like... Dig through her drawers and poo poo pretending to be doing innocent poo poo. I've told her it's none of her parents business What she does but she is unable to just ignore their questions for some reason.

She's said she'll reevaluate BC options when she moves out of her parents house (ie-we move in together, which we've been thinking about).

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I wouldn't trust the word of someone who says they're okay with getting an abortion who's too embarrassed to ask their doctor about anything other than the pill.

Keep June 19th clear.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Crazyeyes posted:

She's said she'll reevaluate BC options when she moves out of her parents house (ie-we move in together, which we've been thinking about).

This would be a decent reason to not want to get on oral contraceptives but with an implant or IUD there isn't going to be any outward evidence she has it, and if she's concerned about her doctor spilling the beans the law is very, very clear regarding doctor/patient confidentiality - her doctor would be risking his/her license to practice medicine by divulging such information to her parents unless she was still a minor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Geoj posted:

This would be a decent reason to not want to get on oral contraceptives but with an implant or IUD there isn't going to be any outward evidence she has it, and if she's concerned about her doctor spilling the beans the law is very, very clear regarding doctor/patient confidentiality - her doctor would be risking his/her license to practice medicine by divulging such information to her parents unless she was still a minor.

Her father relentlessly asks why she went to the OBGYN every time she goes. She's not worried the doctor will divulge info, more that her father will pester her mercilessly about it and she is unwilling to tell him to butt out. As a guy i may not grasp the difference between oral contraception vs implant varieties as far as sigma but I think she may think he'll get upset or something even though I consider it the same thing. He knows she takes BC so it shouldn't matter but she thinks it does. He's got this whole "daddy's little princess" mentality so he may legit think she's still a virgin and takes BC for more wholesome reasons. Not like I sit down with him and talk about his daughter's and my sex life.

He's a nice guy but rather irritating in some ways.