Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I just started on my first legendary ever. Going to try and keep it as a very casual goal so as to not burn out on it.

Fake edit: Sunrise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Come on down to Lonk's Discount Chopper Emporium, where all choppers must go. I've got 32 certified premium grass-fed all-natural gluten-free beauties waiting to go home with you today. Good for all of your roleplay family needs and great with children, these babies are made in Tyria and guaranteed to last. Impress your friends! Spite your enemies! Clutter the guild hall in style! Only 5 gold mailed to Lonk The Guardian to own one today! (Come on, I have roleplay kids to feed)

:woop: Order yours now! :woop:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
If i had someone that used axes regularly i'd totally go for that axe. Only one is rev in the offhand i guess, but the footprints would get overwritten by the mainhand bolt.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Lonk posted:

Come on down to Lonk's Discount Chopper Emporium, where all choppers must go. I've got 32 certified premium grass-fed all-natural gluten-free beauties waiting to go home with you today. Good for all of your roleplay family needs and great with children, these babies are made in Tyria and guaranteed to last. Impress your friends! Spite your enemies! Clutter the guild hall in style! Only 5 gold mailed to Lonk The Guardian to own one today! (Come on, I have roleplay kids to feed)

:woop: Order yours now! :woop:

Do you have any in Super Rad colors?

Black (like my soul)
Green & Purple (like my nugs)

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
I know the PvP leagues are getting a lot of poo poo lately, but wow PvP in this game can be an absolute blast if you get somewhat close matchups. I just graduated from unranked to ranked tonight and out of some 8 games only 1 was a steamroll. Seems to help a lot if you try to open some communication with the other randoms as well, just basic things like "4 mid 1 home?" etc helps to get them talking.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I have a sickness, I can't pvp with a character i haven't pretty princessed first.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Good news guys, I found somebody to draw our sexy GW2 characters for us.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vhmoq/i_did_some_art_of_my_buddys_sexy_reaper_art/

e: this deviantart is a nightmare.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 5, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Idk how you can even walk around with that waist swinging a giant sword. :v:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
It's like they were drawing from the bottom up, got to the waist section on those pants and their priorities shifted.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
She's doing well for having a broken leg.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

it's like you got eschergirls in my SA.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Someone draw arus

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

CLAM DOWN posted:

Someone draw arus

Not enough Amazon forest left for the paper however though m8.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Someone draw arus

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Someone please post Asura butt to cleanse this thread of that.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Protip posted:

Someone please post Asura butt to cleanse this thread of that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

why

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

gently caress it, full esports

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Trebuchet King posted:

it's like you got eschergirls in my SA.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

That thing in the middle looks like a minion from Overlord.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

gently caress it, full esports

finally, a real e-sport

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
GW2 should've won "eSports Game of the Year" at the Game Awards.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

at least we might get rifle buffs

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

ArusApartmentLonelyDinner.jpg

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Markkei posted:

Couldn't post this when I got it since forums were down, but I am now a proud owner of a Space Axe!

Very happy with it - the footprints, unsheathe effects, and space arms are all amazing.

That said, I don't think I'll ever want to craft a HoT legendary ever again.

Awesome! Congratulations on getting it!

Doe the starry arm effect effectively change your character's arm texture or something? Could I bother you ingame with some questions about the axe?

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I stopped playing just before Heart of Thorns came out, how essential is it on a scale from "meh" to "whee"? It seems like it's nearly worth it just for Mastery, but the pricetag kinda bugs me.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Omi no Kami posted:

I stopped playing just before Heart of Thorns came out, how essential is it on a scale from "meh" to "whee"? It seems like it's nearly worth it just for Mastery, but the pricetag kinda bugs me.
Still 'meh'. Mastery is just big xp grind plus getting Mastery Points, new regions are just repetitive meta event grind fest, shiny stuffs are locked behind grind fest, even sPvP is grind fest (let's not talk about how lovely sPvP really is :v:).

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Omi no Kami posted:

I'd say the thread title just about sums it up. It has good ideas, but the way they're implemented has a lot of people feeling down on the expansion overall. Lessee...

• The story is fairly well done, but short and small in scope. It's an upgrade over the old personal story though. Very similar to LS season 2 in presentation.
  • New maps are basically like Silverwastes. Each has a huge map wide event that everyone takes part in, with varying difficulty to complete. Not nearly as chill and exploration focused as core maps. Gliding is hella fun though.
  • Revenant (Herald) is cool and good in most game modes. Currently kinda OP in some places, even.
  • Elite Specializations for the most part are very good, to the point of power creep. Almost all classes are better off running their new spec in most game modes, aside from a few stinkers (Daredevil especially.)
  • Masteries are neat, but are very grindy in practice. They don't really feel that metroidvania, as much as they just lock a few map completion targets here an there, and some collections are locked behind them.
  • Legendary collections are cool when they work, but very expensive. They also have multiple issues with targets where you have to fail events, leading to some angry people.
  • Guild halls look nice, but are massively expensive and grindy to upgrade, as are their decorations.
  • Dungeons are hosed with their rewards slashed, nobody really does them anymore.
  • Fractals are hosed with their rewards slashed, and half of the planned features and fixes coming Soon (tm)!
  • The first released Raid wing is kinda fun if you're in to that sort of content, legit challenging compared to all previous PvE
  • New WvW maps are huge and kinda hated, seems like WvW is dead or dying on most tiers in EU. Dunno what is up in the US.
  • Dunno anything about sPvP, but they added more ESPORTS and leagues to it, I guess.

Did I miss anything?

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
So, for some odd and possibly bizare reason, I can't buy Heart of Thorns, because I'm sitting in Macau, but my credit card is from back home in Denmark.

And for some odd reason, Denmark isn't on the list of countries when I try to pay, I cannot fathom why.

Any where else I can pick up a digital copy?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Ticket support. They can unfuck your billing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Attestant posted:

Did I miss anything?

I'm right now at the point where every collection wants 500-1000 map currency per pointless item, or 250-500 of each.
Which starts to run it's welcome thin because I've already done every event and the only way to get more is to show up at the right time on a populated map and do those same events again and again.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Oh good, glad I can keep my money. :)

This is unrelated and a bit silly, since I know the answer in GW2 is "Tell everyone to play whatever the heck they want," but I'm starting a Mesmer, and I'm leveling him with two friends since I don't want to hate myself. Is there any obvious 3-class synergy that would make it particularly fun? I know warrior-elementalist can set up some nice combos, but I never thought about how you'd mix a third guy in.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

There's a new dev in charge of the legacy collections, and he posted on reddit to lay out his goals. One of them being that items are no longer requiring events to fail. So that is moving in the right direction, and he seems cool. ANet never communicates as much or as often as we would like, but they have been making changes gradually since the HoT launch to fix or ease things we dislike.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ha, I was just coming to post that. However, there's also a post there about why stronghold is disabled til next week, as apparently doorbreakers weren't becoming unstealthed after being stealthed until they hit the next doorway. This is A ShameTM.

e: holy poo poo Kes you were not kidding

At least the stats aren't intended and will be fixed, man

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 5, 2015

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
They'll probably change its rarity to exotic. There, fixed :v:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Utility > Offensive Infusion every day

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Xun posted:

Gdi I want the space axe, about how much gold did it run you?

Hard to say, I didn't really keep track but over 1000 gold easily.

Dinictus posted:

Awesome! Congratulations on getting it!

Doe the starry arm effect effectively change your character's arm texture or something? Could I bother you ingame with some questions about the axe?

Thanks! Yes, there's a starry texture on your arms along with a gold glow emanating from them. It's really neat, IMO. My account is Markkei.5243 if you have any questions!

There's one thing about Astralaria that I'm not sure whether I like or dislike - when sheathed, it loses its starry effect. On the one hand, it makes for some really neat unsheathes coupled with a sound effect and everything, on the other hand it's not really noticeable when sheathed and could probably be mistaken for its precursor or something.

E: This is the best, the space arms stay when you dance if Astralaria is unsheathed.

Markkei fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 5, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN-771bT3V0

i think i might actually make HOPE

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

rev downed 2: working as intended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbZ7TolFj7U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Is there a...map, I guess, or similar providing a nice route to round up enough (or as much as possible) of the mats for spiritwood planks/deldrimor ingots per day? I know for iron there's that canyon thing in the NW of Brisban but it'd be great if I could streamline, I guess, the process.

• Locked thread