Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
The front desk at my apartment building has sent word of not one but TWO packages. The mind boggles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Okay, out of paranoia I checked the tracking for my gift, it's claiming a definite arrival date of Monday. Hopefully my Santee won't need to sign for it or anything, I've found there's not a lot of rhyme or reason for what they'll make you sign for and what they'll just throw onto your stoop.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yay a package for me! :neckbeard: The tracking was doing weird stuff, Santa shoplifter, but it made it here anyway no worries!

Yesssss, time to torture I mean get all my friends together to save the world from :cthulhu: once again! Star Realms looks neat too, I am a big fan of small self-contained card games.

Catte-inspector approves, though is sad that the box was too flat to crawl inside of. (Tried anyway.)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The package I sent for my secret Santa lightning round 1 was delivered ages ago but I haven't heard anything regarding if it actually got in his hands or not :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have just sent direct emails to the following goons, for whom tracking indicated delivery at least a couple days ago (sometimes more), but who have not posted in the thread that they got their gifts. Please post and confirm, guys!

Main round:
Mr. Maltose
Bucnasti
Selachian
EatinCake

Bonus round 1:
krushgroove
Babylon Astronaut

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 5, 2015

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

LordAba posted:

My package was delivered! Can't wait to see what they think of it.

I'll be home on the 11th, so I wonder if something will be waiting for me...
Your package was received! I'm absolutely floored by it too. The Nottingham game looks great, and Sellswords is basically a remake of that FF8 card game which I coincidentally always really enjoyed and wondered why they never bothered to make an actual card game out of*.

Thanks so much man!

Penis drawing was alright too.

*(I know they made some Japanese only ones, but I don't believe they ever made it overseas)

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EatinCake posted:

Your package was received! I'm absolutely floored by it too. The Nottingham game looks great, and Sellswords is basically a remake of that FF8 card game which I coincidentally always really enjoyed and wondered why they never bothered to make an actual card game out of*.

Thanks so much man!

Penis drawing was alright too.

*(I know they made some Japanese only ones, but I don't believe they ever made it overseas)

Sweet! Yeah, the local game store couldn't get in Toctoc woodman for some reason (I love that game too)... so I threw those two in. Sheriff of Nottingham is one of my favorite group games, and Sellswords looks like a quick two player game from one of my favorite companies.

Bonus points for getting the clerk flustered when I bought Sellswords by continually correcting the pronunciation between "Sell-swords" and "Sells-words".

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

mistaya posted:

Yay a package for me! :neckbeard: The tracking was doing weird stuff, Santa shoplifter, but it made it here anyway no worries!

Yesssss, time to torture I mean get all my friends together to save the world from :cthulhu: once again! Star Realms looks neat too, I am a big fan of small self-contained card games.

Catte-inspector approves, though is sad that the box was too flat to crawl inside of. (Tried anyway.)

I played Star Realms recently. It's a fun two-player deck building game. Not as fiddly as Dominion, very straight forward, but you really need to plan your turns out because order and synergy and all that can affect the game.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
A package came in from the UK (i thought it was the airbrush stuff i'd ordered, so i got to experience sadness and happiness at the same time!)

My two elves approved these ruins from Renedra! they'll be used for many a frostgrave game!

Thanks, anonymous goon, since there wasn't a note in the package.

(my santee's gift will go out monday)

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
It was I! I was the anonymous goon! Mostly because Renedra doesn't have any options to include a note, the filthy killjoys.

I am glad the ruins are elf-approved.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Loxbourne posted:

It was I! I was the anonymous goon! Mostly because Renedra doesn't have any options to include a note, the filthy killjoys.

I am glad the ruins are elf-approved.

they're really nice! and now i know about Renedra, and will most deffo be spending money there in the future

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Renedra is a lot of ex-GW talent who were pushed out because reasons, so founded their own business. Lots of talent and experience, and it shows in what they produce both for themselves and under contract for Warlord, Perry, and more.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Got confirmation that my Lightning Round victim's gift should be delivered on the 12th.

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars

WereJace posted:

I am in, yes indeed!

Gift Preferences

Yes please!

-Though I really prefer physical books, digital items are also good. POD is fine, I find Drive Thru's stuff quite acceptable.
-Tabletop RPGs: I am not into super-crunchy systems, my style leans more towards 'storygaming' and rules-lite. Most of what I am currently enjoying is PbtA stuff and similar, though I am prepping a Changeling: the Lost game and running Blue Rose. That's about as rules-heavy as I'll go. Definitely no D&D. I like little indie systems done well and have a smattering of those. Generally speaking I run modern fantasy/horror and pulpy superhero games.

What I have picked up most recently: Better Angels, Don't Rest Your Head, Dread, Kingdom of Nothing, Murderous Ghosts, Ocean, Spookybeans, The Demolished Ones, The Final Girl, Polaris, Breaking The Ice, Dogs In The Vineyard, Baron Munchausen, Inspectres, My Life With Master, Octane, Puppetland, Little Fears, Sorceror, Monsters and Other Childish Things, The Shadow of Yesterday, Trollbabe, Universalis, Dungeon World, Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, World Wide Wrestling, Magical Fury, Feng Shui 2, Night Witches, Monster of the Week First Edition, The Quiet Year, The Deep Forest. I also backed Blades In The Dark, Masks and Fellowship.

-Party games are very good as I have almost none. I do not need anything Cards Against Humanity. The current favorites are the One Night Ultimate Werewolf/Vampire games and Love Letter.
-I enjoy Arkham Horror but I have no expansions.
-Dice are always welcome, especially d6s. I have a dice bag, but it doesn't come close to holding everything I need.
-Movies are very much my groove! I love them! Especially terrible movies (ie. The Room, Birdemic), horror of all types, fantasy and obscure weirdness. I will watch pretty much anything.
-Food is acceptable, no allergies here. Nerdy cooking supplies are also cool-I have a d20 cake form, but not much else by way of kitchen nerdery.
-Handmade things are awesome and I like them very much.
-Atmospheric music is also great.
-I am lacking in cheap little plastic army men and similar, since my dogs got into the gaming box and ate a few of them (no patience, time or storage space for actual models, we just use random toys to lay out our combats when we need to).
-I like video games too, especially pokemon because I am a child in a woman's body.
-Weird, cool, random stuff would be very welcome.

No thank you
-Anime/Manga
-Zombie anything
-Dr. Who/Supernatural/Sherlock
-Exploding Kittens
-Munchkin anything
-Novels
-Models/figures that require a ton of maintenance, storage and painting. If it would pain you to see it under a pile of notebooks in a tupperware bin, it won't fare well with me.
-Card games like Magic
-Though I'm sure they're very meaningful to someone, dongs and maggoty anything are not needed at this time.

General Location: :canada:, in the middle somewhere.

Solem Vow: I swear on my dice and my spreadsheets and all other things I value, I will gift the hell out of someone. I will not be a weirdo and avoid this thread, and I will absolutely post when I get a thing.

Screw it I have some budget room to Christmas someone else. Please sign me up for the current Lightning Round!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Lightning Round Gift (in two parts) deployed!
Part 1 delivered by 12/8
Part 2 delivered 12/11-12/16

And my card for Santee #2 still apparently has not arrived, although the gift has. Much less happy with them this year than last.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I'm informed that both parts of my gift have been delivered. This is confusing, since I could've sworn they were being shipped separately, and one of them wasn't supposed to arrive until a day or two after the other. But now it looks like they were shipped together?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I nice little shuddering tingle of pleasurable cheer after the giftgasm: I got a cool Cthlulhu Santa card identifying the sender of my cool steambot factory. Thanks forums user "thegodofchuck." I will display the cthulhu card proudly in my cubicle.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Otisburg posted:

I nice little shuddering tingle of pleasurable cheer after the giftgasm: I got a cool Cthlulhu Santa card identifying the sender of my cool steambot factory. Thanks forums user "thegodofchuck." I will display the cthulhu card proudly in my cubicle.

Yay received! Card sending service very slow boo.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

That Old Tree posted:

I'm informed that both parts of my gift have been delivered. This is confusing, since I could've sworn they were being shipped separately, and one of them wasn't supposed to arrive until a day or two after the other. But now it looks like they were shipped together?

Hooray for Sunday delivery! Both gifts did indeed arrive in one package. Thank you so much for the loot! These games will get a ton of play.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

thegodofchuck posted:

Yay received! Card sending service very slow boo.

When I threw out "some terrain piece like a steampunk factory or wizards tower" I did not expect someone to be able to fit the first one right to spec, and it's just the perfect size and dimensions for Warmachine to have a presence as an obstruction-type terrain without having such a huge footprint as to be unwieldy. It's good.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

jassi007 posted:

Hooray for Sunday delivery! Both gifts did indeed arrive in one package. Thank you so much for the loot! These games will get a ton of play.

Huzzah! Murray Xmas!

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Another package!

And inside...

Thanks, Sodomy Non Sapiens! Much appreciated!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hurray! Glad it arrived intact and even more glad you like it - I've heard good things!

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Double Kill You're both welcome!

Rabbit, enjoy your wanging!

Bullbar, your part 2 should be a few days behind, but in the meantime I hope you can avoid assassinating yourself!

Boom, part two! Thanks so much. I've always heard this is good

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Bullbar posted:

Boom, part two! Thanks so much. I've always heard this is good

Yay!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I have been Santa'd! Received a box full of individually wrapped gifts, a mince pie, some tea and what I'm assuming is an awesome mix CD (as my work computer has no CD drive I can't listen to it yet :()

Pics when I get this lot home! Thank you Santa :)

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Zark the Damned posted:

I have been Santa'd! Received a box full of individually wrapped gifts, a mince pie, some tea and what I'm assuming is an awesome mix CD (as my work computer has no CD drive I can't listen to it yet :()

Pics when I get this lot home! Thank you Santa :)

I too have been santa'd! ;)

It's my own dumb rear end fault for not being more thorough with my list of things I own but hey at least now I have a second copy of Carcassone. :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Sion posted:

I too have been santa'd! ;)

It's my own dumb rear end fault for not being more thorough with my list of things I own but hey at least now I have a second copy of Carcassone. :)

It's the gift that keeps on giving :)

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I have gotten my feelthy mitts on the mysterious box today! (the other box turned out to be mislabelled for a different flat). Ignore the number, that's how my apartment concierge desk keeps track of parcels.

With no cattes in the household for screening duty, an Imperial patrol was detailed for customs inspection:

The contents, rich in precious bubble wrap:

A cheery note!

DigitalRaven is a polite soul who has cheerily offered up his fingerprints to help mislead the Moroccan police when they find them wrapped around the muzzle of...but I've said too much. On to the contents:

Magical skellingtons for Frostgrave! Wreckage, yay! That will quickly find a place in FSA and perhaps future Dropfleet games. And yes...

A space station made of dongs. Congratulations, I didn't think anyone would actually invoke that clause in my original post, but goon ingenuity never ceases to amaze. I salute you, Forums User DigitalRaven!

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
I just sent out the main part of my santee's gift. There's one last part that I didn't want to chance waiting on, but now it looks like that'll be arriving here for me to forward pretty soon, too.
This time around was a little more difficult than last year, so I hope they like the  things  dongs I picked out. :ohdearsass:

Auralsaurus Flex fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 7, 2015

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Gift has been deployed. I apologize in advance for what'll inevitably happen when it is unpacked.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Loxbourne posted:

A space station made of dongs.

Derek Smart is going to sue over both the name and dong content of that particular item.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Derek Smart Derek Smart

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Helen Highwater posted:

Derek Smart is going to sue over both the name and dong content of that particular item.

Best starbase defence scenario ever.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
I think a secret santa gift is trying to get to me, but the nefarious Grinch by the name of the United States Postal Service is delaying it. They either couldn't get a signature or couldn't find a suitable place, so they didn't deliver on Friday. I scheduled a redelivery for today, so hopefully it'll show up soon!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I have received a gift!

The gift of diabetes! I've actually wanted to try Raley's candy for a while but never got around to it, so this works out well for me. Like the greedy pig I am I've already cracked into a bag and this stuff's pretty good, so thanks Santa.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I have been engifted!

Dominion, and a new roommate! Thanks Santa!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

I have received a gift!

The gift of diabetes! I've actually wanted to try Raley's candy for a while but never got around to it, so this works out well for me. Like the greedy pig I am I've already cracked into a bag and this stuff's pretty good, so thanks Santa.

The lambic candy is amazing! For those of you who don't know, Raley is a goon candymaker and you can buy his candy over in SAMart.

I'm going to need the Santa who sent this to Kai Tave to fess up, either here or privately, so that I can discern which of his multiple Santas can be recorded as having gotten a Thing Delivered and Received for Kai Tave.

One more thing:
General Announcement
While I will always reply to PMs, I prefer TGSS correspondence to come via email, please! This lets me do a search in the gmail inbox and find 100% of the important and related conversations regarding any given goon. Messages I get via PM are not conveniently searchable.

If you're one of the folks who sent me PMs over the last couple weeks, don't worry: it's all fine. It's not a huge deal! Just something that will be more of a convenience for my recordkeeping. Thanks!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Nice! Thanks, NPI! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Ettin posted:

Nice! Thanks, NPI! :buddy:

I'm not sure I buy that 0% dongs line. See that yellow-greenish thing sticking up on the bottom-middle of the box art? The thing SPRAYING all over that poor hero's face and chest? Sure looks like a dong to me.

• Locked thread