Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

I made a party on PS4 everyone can and should join. I invited everyone in a session alone from the community but at least one of you it says has been playing for 21+ hours so you are GONE, I imagine.

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

If anyone gets a group going send me invite and I'll join

PSN:BostonZombie

Didn't see you online, but you can find the party under "Now Playing" in the community screen or in the general parties screen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I played the coop with a friend and wow there's a wide variety of honkeys to play as you can choose from!

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

MP is installed but it won't let me join a group session until the full thing downloads. Played like 3 matches so far and it's safe to say this game is pretty poo poo. And by that I mean I'm completely poo poo. Skipping AW and jumping into this after everyone has a year of learning wall jumping and all the new poo poo is going to suck for me. However, the starting LMG feels pretty good and stops me from running too fast and getting killed because I don't know any maps either.

Any pro tips for starting out?

AW and BO3 movement systems are pretty different other than both having a double jump and a boost slide (AW had no wall run; BO3 has no air strafing or whatever other weird poo poo AW had). I guess you could say you're new to ~enhanced movement~ COD but AW was so bad I stopped playing after a month, so

:yikes:

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

MP is installed but it won't let me join a group session until the full thing downloads. Played like 3 matches so far and it's safe to say this game is pretty poo poo. And by that I mean I'm completely poo poo. Skipping AW and jumping into this after everyone has a year of learning wall jumping and all the new poo poo is going to suck for me. However, the starting LMG feels pretty good and stops me from running too fast and getting killed because I don't know any maps either.

Any pro tips for starting out?

If you're not already using the bumper tactical control scheme then switch and learn that poo poo because being able to jump all over people while shooting is way more important than easy melee/tacticals

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I played the coop with a friend and wow there's a wide variety of honkeys to play as you can choose from!

I giggled like hell at this too. Here, you can choose from 9 identical white grizzled dudes, or 9 identical white grizzled ladies! They are modelled loosely from their voice/mocap actors though. The male player is Ben Browder of Farscape/Stargate fame. Good luck ever NOT hearing/seeing that again.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

AirRaid posted:

I giggled like hell at this too. Here, you can choose from 9 identical white grizzled dudes, or 9 identical white grizzled ladies! They are modelled loosely from their voice/mocap actors though. The male player is Ben Browder of Farscape/Stargate fame. Good luck ever NOT hearing/seeing that again.

On the plus side so far there's plenty of Gene from Wet Hot American Summer on there.

Also, a shout out to the guy who said "the sparrow is loving worthless" in a game I was playing earlier. http://gfycat.com/BlindLimpAuk

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Got my Nuclear with the 48 Dredge + RK5 running CUAV/HATR/Power Core because I was working on a bunch of stupid challenges in the pubbiest lobby that ever pubbed :stare:

Also finally got that sweet rear end six man kill with Gravity Spikes in Ground War :haw:

Things I hate: BRM, Dingo, Gravity Spikes, Ground War.

Had a (good) player Glitch out of my Gravity Spikes :cripes:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I kind of want to play zombies, but no one seems to like it, and pubbies are stupid and bad at it since there's actually stuff to do besides "shoot zombies, buy guns, repair barriers"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hottest of takes: zombies is bad. don't play zombies.

I'm going to be playing pretty much all day. Probably try the campaign so if anyone gets a hroup going send me an invite.

PSN: JacsNoodleBoy

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I did a thing so I made a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbsLMD-tYPU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm gonna have a nice loving day now.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i dont think i could have a bad day after a 5x gravity spike

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

versus posted:

AW and BO3 movement systems are pretty different other than both having a double jump and a boost slide (AW had no wall run; BO3 has no air strafing or whatever other weird poo poo AW had). I guess you could say you're new to ~enhanced movement~ COD but AW was so bad I stopped playing after a month, so

:yikes:

It works on the Dredge just fine. :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This campaign is weird as gently caress.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

It works on the Dredge just fine. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGn25URIss8

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yes, I am. The full burst still kills; silencer or no. :ninja:

It's just that good.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
does High Caliber make headshots with Sheiva an instant kill?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Dunk Bot 3000 posted:

If you're not already using the bumper tactical control scheme then switch and learn that poo poo because being able to jump all over people while shooting is way more important than easy melee/tacticals

Is this bumper jumper tactical? Because having ADS and Jump on L1/L2 seems really hard to use.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

goferchan posted:

does High Caliber make headshots with Sheiva an instant kill?

Out to a considerable range, yes.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

Out to a considerable range, yes.

Plus there was some talk in the thread about how long barrel allegedly doubles the range at which you do maximum damage or something crazy, so that'd make a good pair with high caliber.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/05/psx-2015-black-ops-3s-first-dlc-map-pack-launching-first-on-playstation-in-2016

quote:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is getting its first DLC map pack, titled Awakening, in early 2016.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVez8bEUwAA-Bz-.jpg:large

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

Deviant posted:

Is this bumper jumper tactical? Because having ADS and Jump on L1/L2 seems really hard to use.

Yeah that one. It took me the entire campaign + a couple nights of MP to get used to. I'll admit I don't have a problem with ADS while jumping though because I mainly use SMGs and don't really have to, heh

Thrust jumping and sliding all over the place without taking your thumb off the right stick feels like a huge advantage for CQC imo. I've gotten tons of kills on people using classic CoD tactics just by sliding around corners and then immediately thrust jumping over them while shooting, though I guess if you're more into long range weapons that have bad hipfire it's not as cool

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Skyjacked.... SKYNUKEBOAT

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

First there was Nuketown. Then there was Nukeboat. Now there is Nukeship.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So the logical progression here is that the next game will have Nukestation. IN SPACE.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Added some Xboners from this thread. ID: MCDrewMoney.

I like shooting people in the face and would love to do it with goons.

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!

Fibby Boy posted:

First there was Nuketown. Then there was Nukeboat. Now there is Nukeship.

Take my money......

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

AirRaid posted:

So the logical progression here is that the next game will have Nukestation. IN SPACE.

I hate nukeboat, but skyboat looks rad as gently caress

And I'd totally play nukestation too

Hopefully the upper killstreaks will be patched by the time skyboat is here so I can rain death with a mothership and pubbies will have nowhere to hide

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I'd like to see some nukeraid or maybe some nukeoverflow

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nukerise would be pretty cool and good.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

victrix posted:

I hate nukeboat, but skyboat looks rad as gently caress

And I'd totally play nukestation too

Hopefully the upper killstreaks will be patched by the time skyboat is here so I can rain death with a mothership and pubbies will have nowhere to hide

Getting more than 21 kills with one mothership is going to be tough to be beat. I'm sure I can do it though :getin:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if they're legitimately remaking hijacked I might buy the dlc despite having a 0% success rate with it in the past

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

First game of Hardcore Domination and I get 4 teamkills. Apparently the Talon's explosion can kill people.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I wish they'd release the DLC maps for free and charge us instead for stupid hamburger earmuff type things. It sucks when the DLC packs come out and split up the playerbase.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

For the purposes of Cold Blooded, The Guardian is "an A.I. based Scorestreak", despite not doing anything but always shooting in a straight line. :wtc:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I did another thing but it wasn't as funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB4hlXUoU80

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:flaccid:

Legitimately not sure if I'll finish this stupid challenge before I prestige again

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SpazmasterX posted:

In the scoreboard, voted 5.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

Okay that was fairly standard until your guy pulled out the dual weild pistols at the end with "GET OUT". That is loving genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
purifier ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny1UwVHIjuM

• Locked thread