Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Lord have mercy, I had to write up a pastebin.

Spoiler: It's not that interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I think Jon just took Skav's dumb word for it when he said you didn't let them decide. That said it probably just shows there's yet another process that could use some uniformity/instructions rather than having you scrambling all over fifty different kinds of internet platforms just to figure out what people actually want

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Donate to name the trainer/rival in Pokemon GDQ LLC/Pastebin.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Hey, Uranium, I know you said you don't want 4 commentators for the NES game race nobody will watch, but I'm mad you didn't invite me as well. Can I be on the couch too?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why the gently caress am i not on the couch

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

why the gently caress am i not on the couch
bust in there anyway, they might not notice

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

CrashCat posted:

I think Jon just took Skav's dumb word for it when he said you didn't let them decide. That said it probably just shows there's yet another process that could use some uniformity/instructions rather than having you scrambling all over fifty different kinds of internet platforms just to figure out what people actually want

The general rule has been that the runners work it out amongst themselves. I took Skav's lack of disagreement (and I know he saw it because he favorited the tweet in question) as approval but apparently other people didn't see it that way. I think this is the first time it's been an actual problem.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
imo big jon is a big whiny baby and im glad of this

i hope he doesnt show up at all IMO

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

I'd be happy if he just never used Twitter except for stream announcements, tweets bring out the worst in him. :shrug:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Blechy is awesome at commenting runs. Or playing them. He's pretty awesome.

e: lol Big Jon is crying over not getting to commentate? What a baby, glad Golf got cut.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 29, 2015

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
duckfist is streaming to raise money for AGDQ.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/duckfist
Schedule: http://bombch.us/tPJ

The two NES games so far have been pretty cool to watch! He's going into more known stuff like Ninja Gaiden next.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Mecharichter just got 38.03 in Dynamite Headdy you little dorks.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Never knew Jon could be such a baby about these things. I'm kinda disappointed in him now knowing this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lord Chumley posted:

When is he going to McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure aka proto-Dynamite Headdy

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Lord Chumley posted:

I appreciate him turning down the mic for us all

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

he's the best speed runner tho.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ekster posted:

Never knew Jon could be such a baby about these things. I'm kinda disappointed in him now knowing this.

Nobody's perfect

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

UraniumAnchor posted:

Nobody mentioning that the AGDQ2016 schedule is out? Do I gotta do everything? :v:

Hell yeah:

Spelunky
Splatoon
Talos Principle
Gimmick! race
Age of Empires
Brain Age TAS vs Human

No Thanks:

Hat In Time unreleased game spoilers%
No TAS block :(

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

No Thanks:

Hat In Time unreleased game spoilers%
No TAS block :(
There is, in fact, a TAS block. It's just listed as one entry on the last day.

It consists of...

- Brain Age idiocy using a ridiculous robot contraption
- A speed-TASmaking contest (similar to the Streemerz thing at SGDQ) with the twist that the best TAS will be pitted against prepared human runners, just to make things spicy
- A new "total control" showcase by the freaks behind injecting old games into SMW and Pokemon Plays Twitch

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Kins posted:

- Brain Age idiocy using a ridiculous robot contraption
- A speed-TASmaking contest (similar to the Streemerz thing at SGDQ) with the twist that the best TAS will be pitted against prepared human runners, just to make things spicy
- A new "total control" showcase by the freaks behind injecting old games into SMW and Pokemon Plays Twitch

Aww, drat. I was looking forward to a full-playthrough pre-recorded video of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (Jekyll-only%).

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

The Kins posted:

Yeah, not gonna miss this for anything

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i'm excited for talos principle. there's bound to be plenty of ridiculous unintended room solutions. which ending is it going for, and is the dlc going to be run as well?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm sad that soma is in the morning. really good game, much better than amnesia in a lot of ways. i wonder what the speedrun entails.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

DolphinCop posted:

i'm excited for talos principle. there's bound to be plenty of ridiculous unintended room solutions. which ending is it going for, and is the dlc going to be run as well?

Schedule says 100%, so I assume Messenger; certainly that's the only route I ever see anyone practicing. So all Sigils and all Stars, but (almost) no Tower. No DLC.

It has been a while since I watched it but by now I'm sure the run is pretty close to 0 puzzles solved as intended.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

doing the inferior snes version of aladdin smdh

Shunpuk
Mar 19, 2014
quake tbh

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Groovelord Neato posted:

doing the inferior vastly superior snes version of aladdin smdh gently caress yeah

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm sad that soma is in the morning. really good game, much better than amnesia in a lot of ways. i wonder what the speedrun entails.

9AM EST that late in the marathon will almost certainly mean anywhere from noon to 3PM. Monday or Tuesday is one thing but by Thursday and Friday all hell can break loose on a schedule.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Talos Principle speedruns are hilarious. It's just sort of jump around on walls for a bit, pick up the Tetris pieces, and-- oh are those puzzles? Whoops I guess we're already done so maybe someone else can do those.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you have terrible taste in video games, friend

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The Rokstar posted:

Talos Principle speedruns are hilarious. It's just sort of jump around on walls for a bit, pick up the Tetris pieces, and-- oh are those puzzles? Whoops I guess we're already done so maybe someone else can do those.

Holy crap, it's better than I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFacgVmXYYA

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I was all set to complain that two of the levels still looked like they were solved as intended, but then the Tower happened. :eyepop: Why people keep running 100% rather than this amazing category I'll never know.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive never played the talo principle how is it

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I don't like the record yourself and replay a copy levels, but I like the game. The later stuff is pretty hard.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I enjoyed the jammer / mine puzzles.

The laser connector puzzles felt like I was hunting for the correct angle and position to place these connectors so they could see each other, and with the "organic" nature of the world (trees, crumbling walls, curving cliffs), it felt artificial and forced. Instead of clever, I was exhausted to have finally "hunted the correct pixel".

Cube puzzles could be OK, but there was one mechanic with them the game never taught me which felt cheap when I figured it out.

The recorder / playback puzzles are the worst, because most of it is sitting around doing nothing. It's exhausting when you actually know what you want to do but are fumbling because you want to do something other than stand in the same spot for three minutes.

The art, music, and writing are all incredible, but I felt the puzzles and gameplay mechanics could have used a lot more work. It's a $10 buy for me.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

PJ just destroyed Lagoon while doing a practice run for AGDQ with a time of 1:22:11 https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/673621192071335936
Over 6 minute improvement over the SDA run

Demicol fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 6, 2015

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Demicol posted:

PJ just destroyed Lagoon while doing a practice run for AGDQ with a time of 1:22:11 https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/673621192071335936
Over 6 minute improvement over the SDA run

Three gold splits, with another probable gold split (had to skip the split due to a splitting mistake). Barely a minute slower than his sum of bests. Yeah... it's toast.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Also can I put in a request for whoever does AGDQ donation incentives to have a donation incentive for the Serious Sam voiceover DLC in the Talos Principle run? That poo poo is tops.

e: Okay I just watched that video and holy hell it's even more broken than the last time I watched this. o_0

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 7, 2015

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I like the Talos Principle 'let's loving wreck this poo poo' speedruns, but I'm a little surprised if it got in just because it's hard to appreciate just how crazy it is without being familiar with the game, and I don't recall it exactly being a blockbuster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's easily the best puzzle game released in recent years and is worth getting exposure. I'd love a bonus easter egg exhibition for it tbh because some of the stuff hidden in that game is amazing

• Locked thread