Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I used to manage a small west texas airport and i would day dream about harrison ford flying in one day and i would plan out what i would say to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

radlum posted:

Weren't they casting a female character that had good chemistry with Boyega for Episode VIII? I recall that the lead from Jane the Virgin and the girl from Bates Motel were mentioned. Also, for all the fuzz caused by casting Boyega, it would be pretty dumb to kill him off in the first movie, they would end up playing for the racists dicks.

I'm more worried for Oscar Isaac.

Strike everything in this post, and reverse it. They're casting a female character for her chemistry with Oscar Isaac.

...I'm like...99% positive I'm right about that.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I just saw a clip with Harrison on Jimmy Fallon. I dunno, I kind of feel like he's just embraced the grumpiness as part of his image. Him having a sarcastic sense of humour doesn't read as "I hate these goddamn movies" to me.

On the subject of Oscar Isaac, I've wondered for quite some time if they won't give his character a bigger role in VIII. Like, while Rey or Finn is off training with Luke, he'll get more time to shine outside his X-Wing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

BigglesSWE posted:

I just saw a clip with Harrison on Jimmy Fallon. I dunno, I kind of feel like he's just embraced the grumpiness as part of his image. Him having a sarcastic sense of humour doesn't read as "I hate these goddamn movies" to me.

I think its more that his personality so well known at this point, it gives talk show hosts license to make light of it, and the audiences feel comfortable laughing at his sarcastic responses as if they are in on the joke.

He's just not someone who's all that charismatic(compared to his on-screen characters at least) in a live t.v. situation, and back in the day before guys like Howard Stern changed everything it wasn't really an option to play around with a guest and poke fun at their personality.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So the Mirror (yeah, I know, take with a grain, no, a block, of salt) they're "reporting" that they're cutting out a lot of her performance in TFA:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/lupita-nyongo-scenes-cut-star-6931397?ICID=ref_fark

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

it's pretty clear Harrison Ford is a neurotic alcoholic who wants to be away from the public in the mountains of Wyoming and stopped giving a poo poo about Han Solo as soon as the character got him other roles

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Harisson Ford seems like a good man and I wish him well in all of the rest of his endeavors.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He has a right to dislike his own loving work, you autists.

I saw this and just instantly thought of someone bumping into him and just geeking out over his carpentry work.

"Hey! I remember you! Harry Ford, right?! You worked on my parent's house in the mid-70s; it was a ranch-style house just outside the city! Man, those cabinets you made were great! I'm not sure if you're retired or anything, but I've been we've been wanting to build an addition. You think you could come out and give us an estimate?"

Then Harrison just gets really surly. Guy leaves review on Angie's List praising work, noting attitude.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

JediTalentAgent posted:

I saw this and just instantly thought of someone bumping into him and just geeking out over his carpentry work.

"Hey! I remember you! Harry Ford, right?! You worked on my parent's house in the mid-70s; it was a ranch-style house just outside the city! Man, those cabinets you made were great! I'm not sure if you're retired or anything, but I've been we've been wanting to build an addition. You think you could come out and give us an estimate?"

Then Harrison just gets really surly. Guy leaves review on Angie's List praising work, noting attitude.

Theory crushed - nothing good was constructed in the mid-seventies.

darthpsychotic
Mar 18, 2003

For those who have been following following the spoilers throughout the past year I obtained the master document from which most where obtained then transcribed it word for word only substituting the on set codenames for actual names whenever possible.

The master document being the shooting schedule:

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com
http://millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9790

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The last mention of Han is 317 where he reveals himself to Kylo Ren. Seem's he is indeed toast in VII instead of VIII, taken that together with "Leia felt what happend at Starkiller Base".

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Makes sense. "No, Han. I am your son." Then he puts a saber through his face.

darthpsychotic
Mar 18, 2003

In case if there was any doubt:

EXT DAY - 198 - ACADEMY • Leia and Han Solo hand over Young Kylo Ren to his Uncle for training

EXT DAWN - 200 - ACADEMY • Young Kylo Ren being trained by his Uncle

INT NIGHT - 202 - ACADEMY • Bodies left behind - Young Kylo Ren is gone

EXT DAY - 203 - JAGGED TERRAIN/PALACE • Kylo Ren joins The Knights Of Ren

EXT DUSK - 204 - ACADEMY • R2-D2 upset as his master leaves

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I saw Warwick Davis was coming back. So how do we think Wicket fits in to all this?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I saw Warwick Davis was coming back. So how do we think Wicket fits in to all this?

He's Kylo Ren.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tender Bender posted:

He's Kylo Ren.

Riding on Simon Pegg's shoulders.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Harrison Ford was on Jimmy Fallon the other night and ripped a Han Solo doll to pieces while explaining his leg injury on the set. Fallon also asked him if he got emotional when putting on the Han Solo outfit and Harrison said, "No, I got paid."

I just wonder if J.J. will get the blame for killing off the character by rapid fans who are in denial about Harrison's 30 year resentment.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kathleen Kennedy just said in an interview that Phasma survives Episode VII.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gonz posted:

Kathleen Kennedy just said in an interview that Phasma survives Episode VII.

That's a shame. I was hoping they'd kill her off just to watch the nerd :kingsley:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Davros1 posted:

That's a shame. I was hoping they'd kill her off just to watch the nerd :kingsley:

Why would there be nerd rage over killing off a character that nobody knows anything about

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Why would there be nerd rage over killing off a character that nobody knows anything about

Tons of hype about Badass Female Stormtrooper, which, while not a bad thing, has built her up a lot with the kind of nerds who actually spend money on poo poo.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

You don't need to know anything about her. Just look at her! Soo cool! :swoon:

Call it the Boba Fett effect if you want.

I mean, hopefully she'll be a more interesting character than Boba Fett, but even if she had just as minor and relatively pointless of a role, she'd probably have a similar following just based on how cool she is aesthetically/conceptually.

And I'm fine with that. :colbert:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Eiba posted:

You don't need to know anything about her. Just look at her! Soo cool! :swoon:

I got the force awakens chrome plugin that makes your new tab backgrounds giant hi def tfa pics and whenever a phasma one pops up i open a new tab instead of replacing her. Shes awes in hidef

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
I just fancy Gwen Christie

So Leia and Han have 2 kids, they send one off to train with Luke b/c he's got powers but runs off to be a neo-nazi, the other one ends up back on tattooiinnnne b/c ???, after war finds her she meets dad and mom who basically say yeah we gave you up for adoption. bunch of star war happens and Kylo kills Han.

Oh and the black stormtrooper has got powers, but Rey is the real Luke of this trilogy. Right?

The more I know about the boring family stuff the better. I'm in it for the lore

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Per alleged spoilers, Kylo Ren is Leia and Han's kid. He gets sent to Luke to train as a Jedi; Kylo goes nuts and kills a bunch of people at Luke's new temple, causing Luke to become a hermit.

Rey is supposed to be Luke's daughter; he pulled an Obi-Wan and left her on Jakku as a baby to be taken care of because he felt that staying with him would have been too dangerous.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Gonz posted:

Per alleged spoilers, Kylo Ren is Leia and Han's kid. He gets sent to Luke to train as a Jedi; Kylo goes nuts and kills a bunch of people at Luke's new temple, causing Luke to become a hermit.

Rey is supposed to be Luke's daughter; he pulled an Obi-Wan and left her on Jakku as a baby to be taken care of because he felt that staying with him would have been too dangerous.

So she's Kylo's half-sister I guess, since Luke only knows one woman

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Gonz posted:

So, it's destined for Luke to say, "I am your father?"

EDIT: They designed a rather complicated scenario just so Luke can say, "I am your father?"

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 6, 2015

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Timeless Appeal posted:

EDIT: They designed a rather complicated scenario just so Luke can say, "I am your father?"

If Luke actually says the words "I am your father" he might as well bend over and suck his own dick.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Timeless Appeal posted:

Only if Luke says it like Ron Burgundy. :colbert:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Luke will go in another direction with the reveal of his daughter's lineage.

"Hey Rey, i'm your DAD!"

And then he offers her a high-five. And then a low-five.

Up top. Down low.

Ohhhhhhhh. Too slow.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Luke Skywalker making dad jokes would make everything worth it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Frackie Robinson posted:

If Luke actually says the words "I am your father" he might as well bend over and suck his own dick.

Watch the flash episode from last year with Mark Hamill.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Luke having a happy reuniting moment with his daughter where he does the Vader line is Star Wars as gently caress

I'm down for that

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Rey : He told me enough! He told me you killed my mother!

Phasma : No... *I* am your mother!

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Frackie Robinson posted:

JJ doing a REVERSAL OF FORTUNE and making it so Kylo says "I am your son" instead. So ... enjoy that.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
We never see Phasma without her mask and it turns out that she's Padme. In Episode III they TELL US that she died but at that moment Padme ceased to be and she became Phasma. So what we saw in Episode III is true from a certain point of view.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Neo Rasa posted:

We never see Phasma without her mask and it turns out that she's Padme. In Episode III they TELL US that she died but at that moment Padme ceased to be and she became Phasma. So what we saw in Episode III is true from a certain point of view.
Do Nabooicans grow fourteen inches and become blondes instead of growing wrinkly and gray?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Nessus posted:

Do Nabooicans grow fourteen inches and become blondes instead of growing wrinkly and gray?

Yes.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Ramadu posted:

Luke Skywalker making dad jokes would make everything worth it.

I hope it's along the lines of Arrested Development with the Oscar-Buster relationship where its as subtle as a sledgehammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That's the Palpatine the Special Editions should've added.

• Locked thread