Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

haveblue posted:

There are two items in Destiny. One is an Old West-style revolver with a fan-fire animation. The other is a pair of gauntlets with huge armor plates mounted on them. And if you use them at the same time... :bravo:

What am I seeing here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

What am I seeing here?

Is he punching himself in the face and dying?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
the armor completely covers up what you're aiming at, especially so since bungie like putting your crosshair a good 20% below the middle of the screen for some reason

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

What am I seeing here?

The gauntlet completely blocks your view when firing the revolver. Makes it kinda hard to aim. Other weapons probably don't have your hands ever coming up like that so it's a non-issue for any other weapon.

I'd say it's more of an oversight or unfortunate interaction then glitch. :v: (But its still amusing)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Would be funnier if the bullets were hitting the armor.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You used to be able to kill yourself if you crouched in a pool of water and shot your own knee

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

You used to be able to kill yourself if you crouched in a pool of water and shot your own knee

You still can AFAIK

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That was fixed a patch or two ago :(

You can still do this (1:00) though.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

haveblue posted:

That was fixed a patch or two ago :(

You can still do this (1:00) though.

Oh drat, I totally missed that in the patch notes.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

drat, I wish I had been recording, but last night I encountered one of the weirdest bugs I've ever encountered in a Fallout game:

I'm in post-main story Fallout 4, stalking around the HalluciGen building, and I see a legendary BoS hostile in power armor and alone. He doesn't see me yet, so I take the opportunity to charge up my laser musket for a one-shot kill and begin to look through the scope.

Literally one frame before my view changes to the scope view, the game appears to hardlock while zoomed in on (not through) my musket scope. But then I notice that the loading icon in the lower right has appeared, and then the game teleports me nearly a mile north of my original location and dumps me into the river.

I had to fast travel back to HalluciGen, but I still got that BoS fucker.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah sometimes when you zoom in to aim the game just hurls you in the opposite direction at terminal velocity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q34qz-Hxmdc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJx5Rlx3VH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-QDdtkplgA

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 00:02 on Dec 2, 2015

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

CJacobs posted:

Yeah sometimes when you zoom in to aim the game just hurls you in the opposite direction at terminal velocity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q34qz-Hxmdc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJx5Rlx3VH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-QDdtkplgA

I'm glad that it's not just me that it happened to, but for me, it kinda dropped me from a height after I was done being flung, so I died basically as soon as it loaded back up.

e: Oh, that happens in the 3rd clip. Haha.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Dec 2, 2015

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
I just managed to attack myself in Oblivion by fumbling the keys while unmounting a horse. The game decided I was simultaneously in first and third person views and both on and off the horse. Therefore, the Paralyze on Touch spell I cast should obviously target myself. However, I was in the middle of the dismount animation, so the spell did not paralyze me.

Instead, it made me invisible. Permanently. I had to quit out of the game for my body to return from its vacation to the planes of Oblivion.

Oh, I also got kicked out of the Thieves Guild. You see, you aren't allowed attack members of the Thieves Guild while in the Thieves Guild yourself. I was a member of the Thieves Guild. Therefore, by attacking myself, I had attacked a member of the Thieves Guild and broken the rules. It was only the Thieves Guild; none of the other guilds gave a poo poo, nor did the guards, despite "don't attack people at random" being a pretty universal law in Elder Scrolls games.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

moist turtleneck posted:

What does the water have to do with it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mycot posted:

What does the water have to do with it?

It was never clear but it must have caused the part of you below the water to not be immune to your own shots like it's supposed to be. If you shot yourself in the leg out of water nothing happened.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

dpbjinc posted:

I just managed to attack myself in Oblivion by fumbling the keys while unmounting a horse. The game decided I was simultaneously in first and third person views and both on and off the horse. Therefore, the Paralyze on Touch spell I cast should obviously target myself. However, I was in the middle of the dismount animation, so the spell did not paralyze me.

Instead, it made me invisible. Permanently. I had to quit out of the game for my body to return from its vacation to the planes of Oblivion.

Oh, I also got kicked out of the Thieves Guild. You see, you aren't allowed attack members of the Thieves Guild while in the Thieves Guild yourself. I was a member of the Thieves Guild. Therefore, by attacking myself, I had attacked a member of the Thieves Guild and broken the rules. It was only the Thieves Guild; none of the other guilds gave a poo poo, nor did the guards, despite "don't attack people at random" being a pretty universal law in Elder Scrolls games.

:wtc:

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

dpbjinc posted:

That is definitely one of the better bugs I've heard of. Nicely done!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

dpbjinc posted:

I am impressed. :staredog:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dpbjinc posted:

:captainpop:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

dpbjinc posted:

Sounds like the game loaded up a reaction animation that it didn't have and couldn't figure out how to transition back out of it.

The second part sounds like their faction system is working mostly as intended, and it is amazing when systems ram into each other like that.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Speaking of dying from a small pool of water, World of Warcraft had an amazing bug a long time ago. Druids can earn the ability to shapeshift into a Moonkin, a weird owlbear creature. Thing is, Moonkin had a strange allergy to shallow water. If a Moonkin so much as entered an ankle-deep body of water, the breath meter would pop up as if they were fully immersed underwater. So they could drown from standing in a puddle for one minute. :saddowns:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Glitchy Small Pools of Water chat :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2hv6KieAWg (really out of context God of War 2 spoilers)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrpXx4e2QEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eiwjw5L4yo
The share button is one of the best features of this generation.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
No video, but a bunch of raiders attacked me in fallout 4. I dispatched them and realized there was still one left, but I wasn't being attacked. He'd loaded up in a not-quite-a-T-pose with his arms in the air like he was surrendering. His AI was active, though, so he was skating around unable to aim at me because his gun was frozen in his hand, pointing at the sky. I followed him around for a while before he glitched through the ground and vanished.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Apparently things like shop stalls count as physical objects while in the workshop overlay, and settlers can interact with them. This settler was stuck in this pose for as long as I was still in the area, and moved very slowly. Not even just the upper body, she just glided around with no animation whatsoever. It took her 4 minutes to walk from the building behind the water purifier to this pond, non-stop.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I'm plaing Alien: Isolation atm, and a couple days ago I was on the medical level looking for a door pass or something, whatever, I heard the alien behind me and ran into a cupboard, hoping for some freedom. Alas, the alien bugged out and literally just ran towards me forever, but stuck against a shelf or some poo poo. I watched it on/off for several minutes. I finally weighed my options and decided to exit the closet, except as soon as I did, the alien apparently lost interest and started hunting again. Back in the closet I went, and survived.

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.
Was playing Skyrim, and a mammoth clipped a ledge and shot straight up in the air about 20 feet. Not too uncommon for things to randomly fly up into the air in Skyrim though, so I wasn't too surprised.

Then it came down and stuck the landing on top of a second mammoth.

Unfortunately the mammoth stack only lasted about three seconds and I was laughing too hard to get a picture.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

sc4rs posted:

Was playing Skyrim, and a mammoth clipped a ledge and shot straight up in the air about 20 feet. Not too uncommon for things to randomly fly up into the air in Skyrim though, so I wasn't too surprised.

Then it came down and stuck the landing on top of a second mammoth.

Unfortunately the mammoth stack only lasted about three seconds and I was laughing too hard to get a picture.

I don't know what it is with mammoths but before I uninstalled skyrim it wasn't uncommon for every mammoth in the area to just spawn in the sky after I came out of a cave, and it was specifically caves, so I'd come out after killing spiders and hagravens or whatever and just see a dozen mammoths rain down. My computer did not enjoy it, but I did.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
My settlement is haunted by ghosts

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

My settlement is haunted by ghosts

The ghost of Fallout 3 Dad, providing clean water to the wasteland from beyond the grave

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Triarii posted:

The ghost of Fallout 3 Dad, providing clean water to the wasteland from beyond the grave

He has a set of skills, and one of those skills is coming back as a Jedi Force ghost to provide water and train potential crime fighters.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Fallout Dad never taught me nothing. I killed the oversear by mine own hand once I realized that I would never make it with his daughter. That's how I roll, romance or murder.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
That sounds like the start of a titanic clash, my friend. :ohdear:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I did shoot my fallout dad a lot.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
This happened playing FO4 earlier. I exited my power armor near the power armor station in Red Rocket, next to another suit of power armor, and I apparently went into the "repair" animation too fast. Turns out that's the secret recipe for doing the fusion dance with your power armor because the next thing I knew, we had become one.

I wasn't able to interact with any of the work benches "you must exit your power armor first", and I couldn't actually exit the power armor, but I was able to use the jetpack and I still had the HUD. Weirdly, I could get into that second set of power armor and still use the jetpack. But when I exited that second set, the X01 pieces all went into my inventory. Apparently I had consumed/become the power armor frame and the pieces were just equipped like armor.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Strife posted:

Weirdly, I could get into that second set of power armor and still use the jetpack. But when I exited that second set, the X01 pieces all went into my inventory. Apparently I had consumed/become the power armor frame and the pieces were just equipped like armor.

Try to see how many armors you can stack.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Fallout 4: Become a literal tank that eats other tanks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sometimes The Evil Within takes away control from the player to do in-engine cutscenes, but someone somewhere must have misplaced a variable because while you can't move or shoot, you can still melee attack! If you do so, you can break their hold on you and walk around! It causes some...

...strange things to happen.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go1oFvxUoeI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

100 million dollars.