Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Rhyno posted:

Did I mention I have to send the winner of the bet a brief writeup on each episode to prove I watched it? And he stopped accepting "this poo poo sucks" typed 50 times after the 3rd episode.
Just copypaste reactions from this thread instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Just copypaste from this thread instead.

It's tempting.

I'm honestly shocked by the number of actors and actresses that I hold in high regard that pop up in short lived roles. And there's more to come from the spoilers I've read.

Edit: I realize I immediately like Fitz and Simmons a whole lot more once they are no longer up around each other and being cutesy wutesy spoken to as a single entity.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 5, 2015

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rhyno posted:

Edit: I realize I immediately like Fitz and Simmons a whole lot more once they are no longer up around each other and being cutesy wutesy spoken to as a single entity.
Yeah, their complete interchangeability was one of the many, many things wrong with the initial setup of the show.

I don't think the show could ever be called "great", though I've not seen this season.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

Skye is still insufferable though.

After the first season, I gave Skye a pass because of the diner scene where she completely bitched out Ward. That was the best.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

After the first season, I gave Skye a pass because of the diner scene where she completely bitched out Ward. That was the best.
And then later on (spoilered for Rhyno) when she straight up shoots him like 3 times when they meet after a long time.

Fitz is unquestionably the best, though, esp. after his Morocco adventure.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The only character that doesn't have much growth in season 2 was Trip.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Rhyno posted:

Did I mention I have to send the winner of the bet a brief writeup on each episode to prove I watched it? And he stopped accepting "this poo poo sucks" typed 50 times after the 3rd episode.

Feel free to share them with us, too. :allears: Similar thing happened with someone else being forced to watch and review Doctor Who and that made for a thread that was just lovely.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

XboxPants posted:

Feel free to share them with us, too. :allears: Similar thing happened with someone else being forced to watch and review Doctor Who and that made for a thread that was just lovely.

I had thought about it but I figured my ongoing hatred of the show would get old real quick. I'll do some with my next few viewings. Just be warned, grammar, punctuation and selling go out the window.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think you made the right call the first time actually.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I had thought about it but I figured my ongoing hatred of the show would get old real quick. I'll do some with my next few viewings. Just be warned, grammar, punctuation and selling go out the window.

Say somebody was holding you prisoner and they put you in one of those Clockwork Orange restraint devices, and gave you a choice between watching AoS and Gotham on a continuous loop - which would you pick?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Say somebody was holding you prisoner and they put you in one of those Clockwork Orange restraint devices, and gave you a choice between watching AoS and Gotham on a continuous loop - which would you pick?

Season 2 of Gotham has been excellent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're history's greatest monster.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Oh I get it, now you're lying to us out of vengeance, misery loves company and all that.

I'll rip your mind out
I'll burn your soul

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

It's fun, but still stupid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So in season two Fitz is suffering from brain damage and it took me a bit to realize that "Jemma" was only visible to him.

So he's a Cylon.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Rhyno posted:

So in season two Fitz is suffering from brain damage and it took me a bit to realize that "Jemma" was only visible to him.

So he's a Cylon.

No it would be the other way around in that case.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

You are the DT of TV.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

You are the DT of TV.

Oh come on, I have to go to wild extremes on these shows.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I look forward to your AoS comments on Lash, then. You'll know him when you see him!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 6, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I miss the loving lions. How did you get this one?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

Too high or too low, there ain't no in-betweens.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

redbackground posted:

You are the DT of TV.

Wow, it was there in front of me the whole time and I never made the connection. But you're absolutely right.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Wow, it was there in front of me the whole time and I never made the connection. But you're absolutely right.

I only hold a terrible opinion on one show, all of his opinions are terrible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At least 2 shows actually.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been catching up on the episodes of Supergirl there's been so far. I guess they're okay. Fairly middle-of-the-road. Melissa Benoist is quite good in it but it feels a little unremarkable other than that. The thing that sticks out to me is Superman. When the premise was announced, I thought, "Why do they even need Superman? Why can't they just have Supergirl in the Superman role?" I feel the same way for having watched the first half-dozen episodes. It would be a lot stronger if they'd basically done something like John Byrne's Man of Steel except with Supergirl instead of Superman.

On top of that, it sort of feels like it's trying to be the Flash, but it's really obviously trying to be the Flash. (I'm not sure if that's a terribly good way of explaining what I think of it.)

Nonetheless, it's seems like an optimistic kind of series, which I like, so I suppose I will keep on at it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

At least 2 shows actually.

Into the Badlands is loving garbage and anyone who says otherwise is a dummy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Otherwise.

I will kung fu fight you over this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

Otherwise.

I will kung fu fight you over this.

Your kung fu is weak

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Your kung fu is weak

Fun fact: I owned Kareteka for the Atari 7800 one million years ago and could never even make it past the first guy. It is my greatest shame.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Fun fact: I owned Kareteka for the Atari 7800 one million years ago and could never even make it past the first guy. It is my greatest shame.

Same shame.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

redbackground posted:

Rhyno posted:

Same shame.

Pretty sure there is no game past the first guy, I don't know anyone that got past him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think my dad once got to the third or fourth guy but that was as far as it went.

AoS Mockingbird is oddly not horrible, I'm quite enjoying her so far.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I love that in her debut episode she lassoed someone and then jumped into an invisible plane.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I think my dad once got to the third or fourth guy but that was as far as it went.

AoS Mockingbird is a delight. So many beatdowns!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

I love that in her debut episode she lassoed someone and then jumped into an invisible plane.

I didn't put that together until just now, that is pretty great.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rhyno posted:

She's one of the better characters for sure. I still can't get over how loving huge she is

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hakkesshu posted:

She's one of the better characters for sure. I still can't get over how loving huge she is

We met her at a WizardWorld a few years back and yeah, she's clearly of Amazonian descent.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've been catching up on the episodes of Supergirl there's been so far. I guess they're okay. Fairly middle-of-the-road. Melissa Benoist is quite good in it but it feels a little unremarkable other than that. The thing that sticks out to me is Superman. When the premise was announced, I thought, "Why do they even need Superman? Why can't they just have Supergirl in the Superman role?" I feel the same way for having watched the first half-dozen episodes. It would be a lot stronger if they'd basically done something like John Byrne's Man of Steel except with Supergirl instead of Superman.

On top of that, it sort of feels like it's trying to be the Flash, but it's really obviously trying to be the Flash. (I'm not sure if that's a terribly good way of explaining what I think of it.)

Nonetheless, it's seems like an optimistic kind of series, which I like, so I suppose I will keep on at it.

It's very much a Greg Berlanti superhero show. It may not be set in the Arrowverse, but it's so similar in tone to The Flash that I consider it an honorary Arrowverse show.

Personally, I like it. I don't think it's quite as good as Flash was at this point in its first season, but I don't think it's that far below.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Barry Convex posted:

Personally, I like it. I don't think it's quite as good as Flash was at this point in its first season, but I don't think it's that far below.

Yeah that is a good way of putting it. I think it has lower lows than Flash so far, and its highest highs have not reach Flash levels, but overall it is very watchable if you enjoy the Arrowverse at all. If they are smart, they will realize their best bet is to mimic the success of the CW shows and maybe take the girl power stuff down one just more notch, and stop the teasing Superman nonsense. The best thing they can do for the show is to just kill Superman off so they can stop trying to write around him. Then have Supergirl beat the villain that kills him to pass the torch. You can even mimic the Crisis cover, but reversed with Kara holding Kal instead. No more shadows to live in. Done. Pay me.

Also it is hilarious that there are apparently legal hurdles to a Flash crossover with Supergirl considering the parties involved with both shows are the same. Literally one or both are fighting to not make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

greatn posted:

Son of a bitch.