Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Slickdrac posted:

How's that working out for you? I did too much exploring in my game early, and now most enemies are in single digit/teens for levels. I can one or two shot most things, and nothing has decent equipment on them. Diamond City being such a high level seems off putting as that cuts out a large chunk of vendors.

It's pretty difficult, but I'm the kind of guy that puts off going to the big city as long as possible, so I haven't been there yet and don't plan on it anytime soon. It's easy to get distracted, there's a lot to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Practically all bethesda games but morrowind (vivec is awesome ) have me swerve off the mq asap to build a throne of stolen goods in the most idiot place I can.

Sorry Nick and that newspaper chick, I have an empire to build.

Some dumb asshat recommended mutfruit as the go to crop for selling, Nope. Water. sells for more, and no harvesting needed. although crops are needed for glue.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3384/ thanks Modder. GROOOOOOOOOOOVY

also, if i build 4 generators & store them at settlement a, I'd like to access them at settlement b, c,...z, anyone seen something do this?

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 6, 2015

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is it just the same one I can get from the Skyrim Nexus?

https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

Might be broken on other games. I just use the alpha specifically for FO4.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Ok...I'm looking for a mod that does two things:

1) Makes all junk weightless; and
2) Automatically picks up all un-owned junk that my character gets near to.

Basically the old auto-harvesting mods for Oblivion / Skyrim updated for the Fallout 4 trash-farming.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Wait until the GECK comes out, no scripts until then.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Probably something else the GECK would need to be used for, but I'd prefer if settlers or companions didn't need ammo for ANY weapon, instead of just their default. Keeping them supplied is tedious, especially since they miss all the drat time and they're there as background pieces mainly. Someone to stare in awe as I punch things to death with my bleed effect boxing glove.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is it just the same one I can get from the Skyrim Nexus?

Nope, he had to adapt it for the 64-bit FO4 executable or somesuch. Grab it here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases/tag/2.0alpha1

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

ulmont posted:

Ok...I'm looking for a mod that does two things:

1) Makes all junk weightless; and
2) Automatically picks up all un-owned junk that my character gets near to.

Basically the old auto-harvesting mods for Oblivion / Skyrim updated for the Fallout 4 trash-farming.

Why not just console 999 of every resource into your inventory at this point?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

limeincoke posted:

Looks like it's supposed to be Johanna from Heroes of the Storm/Diablo 3.

Also, the settlement raiding mod looks pretty cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pp979Chjjo

Unfortunately it's not "organic" (you have to trigger raids via console at this point) and the only two locations he has available atm are The Castle and Sanctuary. Hopefully Spec. Island gets added soon cause I've built a fortress of an island, complete with skywalks and multiple strongholds. Would love to see it face off against a horde of enemies.

Tower Defense when?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/minigun_308_50mg_recievers.esp .50 and .308 Recievers for Minigun
Changes:
-Actually added mod inventory items for this poo poo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp Weapon Tweaks
Changes
-Too many rate of fire changes to list, but more powerful recievers lose rate of fire.
-Too many damage changes to list, most damages toned down except shotguns
-More automatic reciever damage penalties reduced, Rapid provides +10% damage on top of a 20-30% ROF bonus.
-Automatic Plasma Rifle recievers fire slower.
-All 3 recievers for Minigun now pierce 70% 70 points of armor. Penetrating legendary enchantment now pierces all 100 points of armor.

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 6, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/minigun_308_50mg_recievers.esp .50 and .308 Recievers for Minigun
Changes:
-Actually added mod inventory items for this poo poo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp Weapon Tweaks
Changes
-Too many rate of fire changes to list, but more powerful recievers lose rate of fire.
-Too many damage changes to list, most damages toned down except shotguns
-More automatic reciever damage penalties reduced, Rapid provides +10% damage on top of a 20-30% ROF bonus.
-Automatic Plasma Rifle recievers fire slower.
-All 3 recievers for Minigun now pierce 70% of armor. Penetrating legendary enchantment now pierces all armor.

70% armor penetration sounds really high for a minigun.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kea posted:

70% armor penetration sounds really high for a minigun.
The value is actually a -DR points modifier, not a -DR% modifier. :smith:

Stuff like sentry bots with 500 DR will still be impenetrable.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gonkish posted:

Nope, he had to adapt it for the 64-bit FO4 executable or somesuch. Grab it here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases/tag/2.0alpha1

Thanks for this. So much more pleasant.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

The value is actually a -DR points modifier, not a -DR% modifier. :smith:

Stuff like sentry bots with 500 DR will still be impenetrable.

This makes me wonder if it'd be possible to make weapons deal a minimum "ping damage" if DR would otherwise cancel all the damage, either now or later on when GECK is available. It seems like it could be a good way to make weapons like miniguns useful against absurd-DR enemies.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Pwnstar posted:

Why not just console 999 of every resource into your inventory at this point?

No sane reason. The weight is just a time sink, as is picking up the junk, so skipping that seems reasonable, but toggling god mode on for crafting feels wrong.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Roadie posted:

This makes me wonder if it'd be possible to make weapons deal a minimum "ping damage" if DR would otherwise cancel all the damage, either now or later on when GECK is available. It seems like it could be a good way to make weapons like miniguns useful against absurd-DR enemies.

They allready do I believe, but its 1 point or so.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

So my favorite parts of this game so far is when I come across two factions fighting, usually when the Brotherhood of Steel are harassing the gently caress out of raiders or Synths with Knight drops and a Vertibird. Is there anything that makes this happen more often, or adds poo poo like more Synth and Brotherhood patrols? Or am I hosed till the GECK comes out?

I'm like level 50 at this point and I feel like I've killed literally every bad guy in the Wasteland so walking around is dull as gently caress now.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kea posted:

They allready do I believe, but its 1 point or so.
5%.

fPhysicalMinDamageReduction is the "chip damage" multiplier. By default, it's set to 5%. This sounds neat, but then you realize half the enemies later on have 200 DR.

(replace "Physical" with type)

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

5%.

fPhysicalMinDamageReduction is the "chip damage" multiplier. By default, it's set to 5%. This sounds neat, but then you realize half the enemies later on have 200 DR.

(replace "Physical" with type)

WHen I was playing I had nearly 2000dr, miniguns were like a light rain.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

whoever wanted that wearable squire outfit thing i ended up realizing that the game reads off armor addons for the models and went 'welp'
so uhh i guess here that is
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c8n6a58ybaq2uds

it's got 25 resist and 'bos disguise' whatever that is + is moddable with ballistic weave

edit:
there's a weird rear end bug w/ this where it disappears on loading a save. anyone know how to fix that?

edit2:
nevermind just loving around w/ adding stuff to match up w/ other armors in fo4edit fixed it, uploaded fixed version

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 6, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well gently caress. I was happy to have Mod organizer for FO4 but now none of my saves are kept when I close a session. The notes say that local savegames don't work. How would I get around that?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 6, 2015

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Are there any mods out to fix the buggy settlement resources reports in the pipboy? It's setting off my ocd like crazy when I see happiness dropping because the game decided I suddenly have 0 water and 22 settlers.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Anyone else getting crashes from the Increased Enemy Spawns mod? Whenever I load a save with it active it just goes straight to desktop when it should finish loading.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Alabaster White posted:

Anyone else getting crashes from the Increased Enemy Spawns mod? Whenever I load a save with it active it just goes straight to desktop when it should finish loading.

yeah, disabled it and moved the load order around and it doesn't do it as often. I'm using it with the AdjustedEncounterZones mod.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

limeincoke posted:

Looks like it's supposed to be Johanna from Heroes of the Storm/Diablo 3.

Also, the settlement raiding mod looks pretty cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pp979Chjjo

Unfortunately it's not "organic" (you have to trigger raids via console at this point) and the only two locations he has available atm are The Castle and Sanctuary. Hopefully Spec. Island gets added soon cause I've built a fortress of an island, complete with skywalks and multiple strongholds. Would love to see it face off against a horde of enemies.

if you download it and open up any of the batch files you'll easily be able to make your own for Spectacle Island, most of what he's doing is manually console spawning a few groups of 5 NPCs on static objects like so:

StaticObjectRefID.placeatme NPCRefID Count

just run around spectacle island and click on stuff in the console until you find some that start with 00 to spawn at and off you pop. (you'll still need the ESP that increases active NPCs allowed from his mod if you plan to spawn a lot of NPCs.)

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I downloaded this, started following Professor Goodfeels, and on our way we found some ghouls - my explosive shotgun turned him hostile to me, and now he's hostile to me and unkillable. I downed him, ran back to Sanctuary, slept for 72 hours, and he's still in the same place and he's still aggressive against me. Just as an FYI for anyone who decides to try this out - don't try to play God, y'all.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Otacon posted:

I downloaded this, started following Professor Goodfeels, and on our way we found some ghouls - my explosive shotgun turned him hostile to me, and now he's hostile to me and unkillable. I downed him, ran back to Sanctuary, slept for 72 hours, and he's still in the same place and he's still aggressive against me. Just as an FYI for anyone who decides to try this out - don't try to play God, y'all.

try using stopcombat

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Worked! Thanks. Somehow managed to console command him back to Sunshine Tidings and was able to put him back into his patrol state. Here's hoping he doesn't vanish or die again.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

lovely tattoos, but not Bethesda lovely:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4575/

Thank god for jailhouse tattoos, these own actually.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm on a quest to turn Sanctuary into a massive fortress city. I wanted as many settlers as possible so I used the console to set charisma to 30. In theory this should set settler limit to 40 (thank god I can craft clothing and hats) yet my number never seems to go higher than 23. I've got 35 goddamn settlers at Finch Farm who stand around and pick their nose but I can't seem to get Sanctuary higher.

Anyone know how to spawn settlers?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I'm on a quest to turn Sanctuary into a massive fortress city. I wanted as many settlers as possible so I used the console to set charisma to 30. In theory this should set settler limit to 40 (thank god I can craft clothing and hats) yet my number never seems to go higher than 23. I've got 35 goddamn settlers at Finch Farm who stand around and pick their nose but I can't seem to get Sanctuary higher.

Just tell your Finch Farmers to move to Sanctuary.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I think the radio beacon scripts bug out sometimes, I usually turn them off/fast travel away/travel back/turn on/sleep 24h. Check if the radio signal is working and turns on/off right too.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/minigun_308_50_recievers.esp - Minigun .308 and .50 Recievers
Changes:
-.308 rate of fire increased to 1500 RPM.
-Ammo capacity for .308 reciever decreased to 200
-Ammo capacity for .50 reciever decreased to 80, making reloading an actual threat.
-Damage modifier now changed to a flat +bonus instead of a percentage, to prevent severe imbalance with mods that change the base minigun damage value.
-.308 reciever now increases damage by 30.
-.50 reciever now increases damage by 70.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp - Weapon Tweaks
-Damage reversions have been reverted.
-Minigun rate of fire increased to 2000 RPM standard, 3000 RPM with Accelerated Barrel, and 1500 RPM with Tri Barrel.
-Gatling Laser rate of fire increased to 2400 RPM standard, and 500 RPM for charged barrel (this was already done, but I just listed it now.)

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4826/

The mod we never knew we needed or wanted.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/minigun_308_50_recievers.esp - Minigun .308 and .50 Recievers
Changes:
-.308 rate of fire increased to 1500 RPM.
-Ammo capacity for .308 reciever decreased to 200
-Ammo capacity for .50 reciever decreased to 80, making reloading an actual threat.
-Damage modifier now changed to a flat +bonus instead of a percentage, to prevent severe imbalance with mods that change the base minigun damage value.
-.308 reciever now increases damage by 30.
-.50 reciever now increases damage by 70.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp - Weapon Tweaks
-Damage reversions have been reverted.
-Minigun rate of fire increased to 2000 RPM standard, 3000 RPM with Accelerated Barrel, and 1500 RPM with Tri Barrel.
-Gatling Laser rate of fire increased to 2400 RPM standard, and 500 RPM for charged barrel (this was already done, but I just listed it now.)

I changed miniguns to 5000 RPM like some real world versions. It auto-balances itself because of the insane ammo use. It's like throwing caps directly at monsters.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Possible nexus database breach, you may want to change your info. Hard to say anything for sure right now.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/news/12670/

quote:

Things became more suspicious yesterday when three Fallout 4 mods from three separate authors had their files changed by the author's themselves, but the file change contained a .dll file that while it isn't being reported as a virus by our Virus Total system (that scans files using 56 different virus scanners), it is still highly suspicious, and the authors have reported it wasn't them who did it. Indications suggest these author accounts were compromised. Which, once again, isn't conclusive proof of a total database breach, but is rather damning.

quote:

The three files affected were:

- Higher Settlement Budget (downloads from 5th December)
- Rename Dogmeat (downloads from 4th December)
- BetterBuild (downloads from 29th November)

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 6, 2015

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Hammerstein posted:

I changed miniguns to 5000 RPM like some real world versions. It auto-balances itself because of the insane ammo use. It's like throwing caps directly at monsters.
That would actually be a neat weapon. A 'cap gun,' if you will.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The Fallout minigun as-is actually makes sense as a power armor portable infantry support weapon. It's meant to spit out lead and and suppress while the rest of the squad moves into position for flanking. It's even chambered in a round that might be sane to carry around in vast quantities! I've always thought that it was one strange nod towards realism, actually.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Pvt.Scott posted:

The Fallout minigun as-is actually makes sense as a power armor portable infantry support weapon. It's meant to spit out lead and and suppress while the rest of the squad moves into position for flanking. It's even chambered in a round that might be sane to carry around in vast quantities! I've always thought that it was one strange nod towards realism, actually.

The upgraded gattling laser is for when you want things to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

The upgraded gattling laser is for when you want things to die.

Also it can be a lot cheaper to feed than the minigun.

• Locked thread