Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
"huh look at all these American flag profile- oh it's that time of the month again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zemyla posted:

In 1944 18 year-olds landed in France and dislodged Hitler. Today those same people are offended by the words "Holiday Tree".

Nah, they're mostly dead.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Huh.

Wonder how they got a screenshot from the next "Escape from.." reboot.

Seriously the patch looks like it's trying to imitate a logo from a movie doing with a fascist dictatorship.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Zemyla posted:

In 1944 18 year-olds landed in France and dislodged Hitler. Today those same people are offended by the words "Holiday Tree".

I need to share something from this profile:

BWAH? Bill Foster (or "D-FENS") was a psychotic, violent racist and potential domestic abuser. He outright says "I'm the bad guy" at the end. What, did this moron cheer for the Neo-Nazi who yelled about "stomping fairies?"

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Jurgan posted:

BWAH? Bill Foster (or "D-FENS") was a psychotic, violent racist and potential domestic abuser. He outright says "I'm the bad guy" at the end. What, did this moron cheer for the Neo-Nazi who yelled about "stomping fairies?"

I think you answered your own question there.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

This isn't from America, right? No police unit is that tone deaf, right?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bloodnose posted:

Supposedly TEK is Hungary only but are you having a stroke or something? Even if it's not American in origin, there's nothing stopping people from taking the picture and adding words over it.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Bloodnose posted:

Think for a moment before you ask a question you don't want the answer to.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Supposedly TEK is Hungary only but are you having a stroke or something? Even if it's not American in origin, there's nothing stopping people from taking the picture and adding words over it.

In America at least these are the same types of people that most want to be cops. :saddowns:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Bloodnose posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/what-cop-tshirts-tell-us-_n_3479017.html

RareAcumen posted:

In Hungary there's an unusual, though not entirely rare atmospheric phenomenon in which English words appear out of thin air. This is one of the few times it was captured on film.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
When you're not criticising Obama's policies, action or ideas, but just photoshopping him into racist pictures as a joke, yes, you are a racist. Next question.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Defenestration posted:

Is this a gun thing? It's very abstract
Liberalism has failed in Europe and the US. Privatization, austerity, deregulation, laissez-faire, and government spending cuts have created financial crises, sluggish recoveries, unemployment, and massive suffering of the poorest people while wealth gets even more concentrated.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Mccain was such a nice guy. Too nice for his constituents. Can't he run again?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

quote:

McCain passed his wireless microphone to one woman who said, "I can't trust Obama. I have read about him and he's not, he's not uh — he's an Arab. He's not — " before McCain retook the microphone and replied:

"No, ma'am. He's a decent family man [and] citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign's all about. He's not [an Arab]."

Yep, real nice guy. Because as we all know, Arabic people can't be any of those things. Plus he doesn't plaster on makeup like a trollop, you oval office.

e: and don't get me started on how you should never trust those gooks

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 6, 2015

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Or that women want to be raped by gorillas.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I like how east coast and Hawaii are presented as foreign, different and scary to American values

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Ambitious Spider posted:

I like how east coast and Hawaii are presented as foreign, different and scary to American values

I thought the east coast was the morally upstanding one with the west coast hosting all those scary gays.

Which coast is the moral one?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

No, because while I can probably live with McCain in the White House, I'm not sure he can live with it, and then we'd be down to whichever raving lunatic VP the party assigned to him.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Zephyrine posted:

I thought the east coast was the morally upstanding one with the west coast hosting all those scary gays.

The south coast. And the Midwest.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zephyrine posted:

As far as "Real Americans" are concerned, neither. Unless you're a middle american rear end-ignorant dirt farmer, you don't count.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Poizen Jam posted:

The south coast. And the Midwest.

The west coast is the "Left Coast" and the East Coast is full of liberal elites.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

The west coast is the "Left Coast" and the East Coast is full of liberal elites.

So the US of A has two left wings?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I'm referring to the uniform. The patch design. The stormtrooper helmet. Also just the composition of the photo where he's unleashing a vicious-looking dog.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

One of the saddest things about the US is that the working class has been taught to resent people for their education rather than their wealth.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

rkajdi posted:

As far as "Real Americans" are concerned, neither. Unless you're a middle american rear end-ignorant dirt farmer, you don't count.

The Southeast doesn't count as East Coast, though.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Zephyrine posted:

So the US of A has two left wings?

The northeast is kind of the old guard liberalism, lot of labor unions and universities. West coast is the hippie new liberalism.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is this article popping up in other people's feed recently? http://thoughtcatalog.com/ryan-holiday/2015/11/the-real-reason-we-need-to-stop-trying-to-protect-everyones-feelings/
There is surely an epidemic of oversensitive college students, as evidenced by the same half-dozen anecdotes that the other twenty-or-so articles in this vein have pointed to. Who the gently caress defends Allan Bloom anymore, anyway?

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
"I am upset people are getting upset" -- Facebook for the next 2-4 months until the Freddie Gray trial is over

and that article is literally "BUT IF WE CAN'T PUNCH DOWN, HOW CAN WE WRITE ABOUT STUFF? DEATH OF AMERICAN CULTURE!"

hallebarrysoetoro fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 7, 2015

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It probably won't surprise you to learn that the article's author is party responsible for the Tucker Max phenomenon.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
The what phenomenon?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

toanoradian posted:

The what phenomenon?

Tucker Max was some douchebag who wrote about how to bang lots of hot chicks, and probably is at least partly responsible for the PUA movement. I'm not sure how the article's author is related, though.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Jurgan posted:

imdb posted:

"Im the bad guy??"

And the movie ends with the good guy sheriff using his REAL gun to shoot the 'bad guy' with the water gun.... poetry.

The movie is nothing but a big F you to society. Everyone follows this man made concept of 'good' and 'bad' when in reality, its all relative to the observer. There is no good or bad, except what society has labeled good and bad, and like blind sheep we follow the rules.

Those blind sheep are the same people who think Douglas' character is the true bad guy, those blind sheep are the ones who probably applauded when Prendergast's character shot D-FENS.

"Overeducated, underskilled."... Most personality disordered people have much higher than average IQ, just like all serial killers.

The people who can sympathize with D-FENS and say he is right and is not the bad guy are the guys who can RELATE to him and his borderline personality behavior. These same types of people can see the flaws in society and are not blind sheep.

If you think Bill Foster is the true bad guy, then you are a simple, blind sheep.
If you think Bill Foster is actually the good guy, then you are likely above average intelligence, think outside the box and can see the flaws in society which means either you aren't stupid or you probably can relate and have some type of personality disorder.

And honestly, having this type of disorder is how we should be. Survival of the fittest, the true intelligent beings. Only problem is, the disordered ones are outnumbered by the blind sheep, who are actually the real disordered ones. and no line says it better

"You wanna see sick? take a walk around this town, thats sick."

Perfect stamp to that theory.

This is not an uncommon view of the movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Obama called for the mildest gun control ever in a speech tonight. Be prepared for a bunch of whiners to unleash the floodgates.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

mr. mephistopheles posted:

This is not an uncommon view of the movie.

Wow, that's... yeah, that's pretty messed up. I mean, there's certainly a lot of social criticism in there, but it was pretty clear that stalking your ex-wife and beating up people because of their race was an overreaction.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 7, 2015

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Obama called for the mildest gun control ever in a speech tonight. Be prepared for a bunch of whiners to unleash the floodgates.

Denying constitutional rights to people on a secret government list with no due process or transparency - the mildest and most acceptable infringement ever.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 7, 2015

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This might actually be the best thing to happen to people on the No-Fly list, because now they'll have the NRA backing them up if they want to get off.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

LeJackal posted:

Denying constitutional rights to people on a secret government list with no due process or transparceny - the mildest and most acceptable infringement ever.

I want to say "shut the gently caress up, LeJackal," but... yeah, I'm not too fond of extra-judicial lists and the lack of due process they entail. Of course, Marco Rubio et. al. crying crocodile tears over the poor people who just happen to have a similar name to a terrorist is pretty rich. Whatever happened to being tough on terrorism?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

LeJackal posted:

Denying constitutional rights to people on a secret government list with no due process or transparceny - the mildest and most acceptable infringement ever.
god all of you gun idiots are the whiniest loving babies on the goddamn planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Jurgan posted:

I want to say "shut the gently caress up, LeJackal," but... yeah, I'm not too fond of extra-judicial lists and the lack of due process they entail. Of course, Marco Rubio et. al. crying crocodile tears over the poor people who just happen to have a similar name to a terrorist is pretty rich. Whatever happened to being tough on terrorism?

It's really rich to hear about a Florida politician complaining about people losing constitutional rights because they have the same name as a convicted felon terrorist