Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Oh Snapple! posted:

Got like 60 selector bios right now and don't know who to spend them on after spending an initial batch on Angela. Right now I'm using a 2 star spidey, 4 star Angela, and 3 star Iron Man. Debating upgrading Spidey or finding an alternate blaster to IM because I hate IM and don't want him on my team. Who else is a good blaster dude.

If you are using Angela and plan on continuing to use her that is where the 60 should go. You can farm Iron Man and Spidey easily by doing missions. You are lucky to get 1 a day for Angela through Ally Shifter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Also she hulk or sister grim package?
Or will there a better package at some point?

get both

Get Both

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

:siren: ProTip: When sending Assemble Points, tap the Friends icon in the upper right corner of the screen, tap the Game tab, and there is a green SEND ALL button in the bottom left corner. :siren:

I totally missed it, and was just sending them one by one...

The She-Hulk, Sister Grimm, and Singularity packages come with:
  • 180 Bio for the character
  • SELECTOR: 180 Norn Stone x1
  • Lv 5 XP Chip x100
  • Dimension Debris x150
  • Gold x 1,000,000
  • Clear Ticket x200

I don't have the money to get enough Crystals for one, let alone all three. 1,865/2,500 :(

They change out the packages weekly and they're usually very, very nice.

Think of it like this because you know I love to whale, but I don't spend much money at all on this game because Mr Marble are pretty drat generous.

25x7 for 175 each week from achievements.

Timeline Battle...you can finish for 100 crystals easy.

Netmarble is awesome about sending free crystals randomly too.

You get crystals for tons of cheevs as well especially for 50 friends. And leveling characters.

And finally, completing story mode levels for first time will net about 10 crystals on first completion.

Oh and crystal logins on some days during the calendar. :)

You'll hit 2500 in no time. If their sales are as great as Black Friday, you can buy a 6* auto rank up for 1900. Which is smoking and I hope to stock up whenever those are available.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

If you are using Angela and plan on continuing to use her that is where the 60 should go. You can farm Iron Man and Spidey easily by doing missions. You are lucky to get 1 a day for Angela through Ally Shifter.

That is actually very useful, thank you

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

They change out the packages weekly and they're usually very, very nice.

Think of it like this because you know I love to whale, but I don't spend much money at all on this game because Mr Marble are pretty drat generous.

25x7 for 175 each week from achievements.

Timeline Battle...you can finish for 100 crystals easy.

Netmarble is awesome about sending free crystals randomly too.

You get crystals for tons of cheevs as well especially for 50 friends. And leveling characters.

And finally, completing story mode levels for first time will net about 10 crystals on first completion.

Oh and crystal logins on some days during the calendar. :)

You'll hit 2500 in no time. If their sales are as great as Black Friday, you can buy a 6* auto rank up for 1900. Which is smoking and I hope to stock up whenever those are available.

I want to add in if you are planning on spending and willing to wait, buy Stark's Stash. It is the best deal.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Got like 60 selector bios right now and don't know who to spend them on after spending an initial batch on Angela. Right now I'm using a 2 star spidey, 4 star Angela, and 3 star Iron Man. Debating upgrading Spidey or finding an alternate blaster to IM because I hate IM and don't want him on my team. Who else is a good blaster dude.

So Blasters...the blue icon. Who else rocks?

Kingpin's costume turns him into Blast and he rocks so hard. If you want to be more practical though and not spend the crystals:

Yellowjacket is god mode. Seriously. Many believe he is OP.

Sister Grimm (Nico), Warm Machine, Vision, MODOK OF COURSE, Quake and Malekith are my favorite Blasters.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I want to add in if you are planning on spending and willing to wait, buy Stark's Stash. It is the best deal.

Great point. That Stark Stash is ONLY $3.99 and lasts a month. 2450 crystals each month guys. Mega, mega deal. If you got the $4 to spare, do this every month guys. It's their "subscription model" basically.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Kingpin's costume turns him into Blast and he rocks so hard. If you want to be more practical though and not spend the crystals:

Sister Grimm (Nico), Warm Machine, Vision, MODOK OF COURSE, Quake and Malekith are my favorite Blasters.

Oops missed his last bit. Yeah Kingpin costumed, yellowjacket, and Iron Man (2099 costume to make him stupid powerful) are the best from what I've seen. The rest are all good and fun too.

Really the only truly unfun, terrible characters are Punisher without costume, Iron Fist, and Nebula. They are all kinda blah.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Great point. That Stark Stash is ONLY $3.99 and lasts a month. 2450 crystals each month guys. Mega, mega deal. If you got the $4 to spare, do this every month guys. It's their "subscription model" basically.

Should add in that I'm pretty sure it does not add to your Shame Level.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah I've had Nebula for awhile and just got her from my daily chest. She is so bad.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Should add in that I'm pretty sure it does not add to your Shame Level.

It does though! Also it gave me some special where it was a bunch cheaper then it normally is. Ended up pulling nebula, lash (both 3 star) and a baby groot. That's something

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 6, 2015

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

It does though! Also it gave me some social where it was a bunch cheaper then it normally is. Ended up pulling nebula, lash (both 3 star) and a baby groot. That's something

Forgot about Lash as a blaster. He is solid too. Groot is great and even better as Throot.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Throot is one of my favorites in the game. Throot Force for life.

I don't know a thing about Lash. When I saw he was released I was like who the hell is this guy.

Elsa Bloodstone though... :love:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I know nothing about the guy lash. Looks interesting but I know jack poo poo about him

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just did my first Team Up Play...wow that owns. Rewards are really solid and it's cool to party with others.

Guys, we gotta do this.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lol. I did one Battleworld, won once.

Reward? 12 Black Cat bios. I love this.

Team Up play. Very cool.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Is there a way to play Mr. Marburu's game not on a cell phone?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ICR please add the netmarble logo creature to the OP as it is powerfully cute

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ah yeah buddy. Just got a blaster from daily box letting me get Sister Grimm. I have everyone now. :getin:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

War Machine in his Iron Patriot costume is easily my favorite blaster type. His punch move stuns dudes, his machine gun move tends to stagger people, the mini missile barrage pours out damage, and his six star move combines his machine guns, missiles, and beam attack while he dances around an enemy. It makes him really solid in the arena, even against even leveled Spiderman he does well since the large amount of hits he does sort of negates all Spiderman's damage avoiding abilities (even though he has type weakness against him). He was my first six star and I don't regret it at all, since now he can power level all my other characters in story missions.

Yellowjacket is crazy good in arena too, thanks to his leadership bonus and all the invincibility frames he gets with his moves. I'm keeping mine 3 starred to dominate in baby league battleworld for now, but he's still so good in arena that he holds the leader spot there for my usual team.

What I do regret is spending effort on five starring Hulk. I want so badly to love him, but he's so underwhelming even with his Maestro costume

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aralan posted:

What I do regret is spending effort on five starring Hulk. I want so badly to love him, but he's so underwhelming even with his Maestro costume

Red Hulk and Hulk are both under powered characters and only good to get to three stars at this time. Only really good hulk is She-Hulk.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Erdricks posted:

Is there a way to play Mr. Marburu's game not on a cell phone?

I think you can try an android emulator, like Bluestacks.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I know nothing about the guy lash. Looks interesting but I know jack poo poo about him

Lash is a new Inhuman villain, like as of last year new, and is also on ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

But more importantly he's Marvel's Akuma/Gouki.

He's even got an aerial double fireball move as one of his specials.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

ICR please add the netmarble logo creature to the OP as it is powerfully cute

Definitely will do. You are absolutely right.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Red Hulk and Hulk are both under powered characters and only good to get to three stars at this time. Only really good hulk is She-Hulk.
Agreed, at least Red Hulk has a stun move, but it's so slow and bad that it doesn't really count. At this point all I ever use him for is high level Destroyer fights in villain siege. Also Red Hulk strikes me as a character that would've just been a costume for Hulk if he had been released today

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I've found red hulk kinda squishy. He was one of my first characters, so he's one of my highest level, but I don't think he'll be viable for much longer.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mangler103 posted:

I've found red hulk kinda squishy. He was one of my first characters, so he's one of my highest level, but I don't think he'll be viable for much longer.

Yeah there has been lots of discussion in the community about how squishy both Red Hulk and Hulk from what I saw on Reddit and the main forum thing. I'm willing to bet that NetMarble has taken note since they seem to interact well with the community. A fix has to come in the forum of a costume or revamp soon.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The Taiwan NetMarble CM hinted that 1.8 has a lot of major QoL improvements coming. Doubt it's that but maybe?

Red Hulk has a major problem in animation locks and long animation times on his skills too. Makes him very weak.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Another quick note guys who are just starting (most of us):

Battleworld owns. PvP goodness with great rewards even if you suck.

With that said, Battleworld takes your characters conditionally.

What I mean is sometimes it's female characters only. Sometimes it's 4-6* only. Sometimes it's 1-3* only. And much more.

With that said, I gotta recommend to you all to find a great batch of chars you want to keep at 3* for Battleworld domination.

Think about who your 4-6* are gonna be. Think about getting some strong male and female characters for Bw too.

If you want to cheat the system? Captain America's costume is Female. So for Bw you can choose between male and female and that kinda owns.

What I'm saying though? Play Battleworld. It owns and Tasky as the narrator and facilitator owns bones.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah there has been lots of discussion in the community about how squishy both Red Hulk and Hulk from what I saw on Reddit and the main forum thing. I'm willing to bet that NetMarble has taken note since they seem to interact well with the community. A fix has to come in the forum of a costume or revamp soon.

Hulk actually got a blanket 10% increase to his stats last patch, I believe. It didn't really help, though, since his problem is that his skills completely lack stuns/staggers/i-frames, all he does is do damage while he gets the poo poo kicked out of him. I really hope if they ever revamp his skills they do it to the base character and don't tie it to a uniform like they did with dr octopus. I was burning his bios in the converter before superior Spiderman came out

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aralan posted:

Hulk actually got a blanket 10% increase to his stats last patch, I believe. It didn't really help, though, since his problem is that his skills completely lack stuns/staggers/i-frames, all he does is do damage while he gets the poo poo kicked out of him. I really hope if they ever revamp his skills they do it to the base character and don't tie it to a uniform like they did with dr octopus. I was burning his bios in the converter before superior Spiderman came out

Spock was almost a new separate character and it is understandable he would play differently.

Hulk should have a stunner tied to his shockwave and a stagger to some others. Also the animations need to be cut down.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Applied to Doctor Goons as bubuhu

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
To my original point, though, if you're new to the game and looking for a dope blaster character Iron Man is the easiest to 6 star, but in my experience War Machine is the better choice. He'll 6 star a little slower but a unlike a lot of other characters who don't really shine till 6, he's great at every star level. Now that the costumes aren't limited anymore, it's also pretty reasonable for a F2P player to gather enough crystals to get Iron Patriot as well

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goonlords, we have ANOTHER 50% BONUS XP, 30% GOLD BONUS and Energy Reduction Event starting at 6AM EST/3AM PST. So 5 1/2 hours from this post.

Set your phone to auto play if sleeping. You know the drill boys.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Applied to Doctor Goons as EGSunbro. Any game I can play as Elsa Bloodstone is a good game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

EGSunBro posted:

Applied to Doctor Goons as EGSunbro. Any game I can play as Elsa Bloodstone is a good game.

Same. Elsa needs to get in MH ASAP.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

more people should friend me I'm kelpplankton ingame

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Applied to Doctor Goons as "CirrusPaxton." Thanks!

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Applied to dr goons as Zaboron and Assaultress

BabyFur Denny fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Dec 6, 2015

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
One more tip:

If you're clearing missions using tickets because you're in a hurry (not the autoplay of "repeat" option) switch to a team with the rested bonus. Since there is no actual fighting you can select a few lvl 1s that you never use. Still gives 20% more gold for the cleared missions

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Set your phone to auto play if sleeping. You know the drill boys.

Do you have to buy enough tickets to end up doing that with auto-repeat? Or is there an energy only way I'm not seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wayback posted:

Do you have to buy enough tickets to end up doing that with auto-repeat? Or is there an energy only way I'm not seeing.

Gotta have the tickets too.

• Locked thread