Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

also, this loving game

Your folder has an extra 's' at the end per the exception, if you haven't noticed it already. "Outfit" vs "outfits".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

v1ld posted:

Your folder has an extra 's' at the end per the exception, if you haven't noticed it already. "Outfit" vs "outfits".

Well gently caress. :sludgepal:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
@Swarts
Is it possible to get the Skadovsk and Yanov station radios to work through the xr_sound.ltx?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Dead city is a great place to grind cash easy and painlessly (if you're in a faction that the mercs like. :ssh:).

Otherwise I imagine its a hell storm of death directed at your rear end.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

MariusLecter posted:

@Swarts
Is it possible to get the Skadovsk and Yanov station radios to work through the xr_sound.ltx?

There isn't actually radios spawned there.

I've recompiled the all.spawn with scripts added to the radio in the bar areas. They're zat_bar_radio and jup_bar_radio so if you want to edit the configs or whatever you can.

New game will be required but it should work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/boxzjur5frxk4ap/Radio.7z

Use at own risk.

^^ Dead City was originally planned to be in SoC. It was mostly complete but not included. You get knocked out and taken there, and you have to fight your way out of the prison with everyone trying to kill you with only the poo poo you can scavenge from corpses.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

There isn't actually radios spawned there.

I've recompiled the all.spawn with scripts added to the radio in the bar areas. They're zat_bar_radio and jup_bar_radio so if you want to edit the configs or whatever you can.

New game will be required but it should work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/boxzjur5frxk4ap/Radio.7z

Use at own risk.

^^ Dead City was originally planned to be in SoC. It was mostly complete but not included. You get knocked out and taken there, and you have to fight your way out of the prison with everyone trying to kill you with only the poo poo you can scavenge from corpses.

You're a stand up dude, Ddraig. :)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

What are some mid/end-game loadouts people are rocking in AO3?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

fennesz posted:

What are some mid/end-game loadouts people are rocking in AO3?

VSS + ______ :ussr: + :golgo:

Edit: As for armor, the heavy armor that isn't an exoskeleton (I want to say sunrise but I'm probably wrong) is pretty great. No artifacts but it has health recovery, wound healing, and energy recovery so you can run for a while with a low-key loadout. That plus the Military Helmet with the infrared scanner that lets you notice nearby enemies on your HUD.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The radiation suit? The exo minus the servos and framework?

The NBC suit is really great.
My current play with a Clear Sky guy has the CS-1 armor and Tactical helmet with the infrared scanner, using a AKMS and Saiga12k.

Shot from when I still had the CS-3a

Also, updated Immersion Ruining Radio Mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/immersion-ruining-radio-mod-10

quote:

1.5 Fixes game breaking error where Forester does not have Hot Blooded by Foreigner playing on his radio.

edit: also,
Any requests for radio tunes in Skad, Yanov and others? Don't have access to my amazon cloud music but I can figure something out with time.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 2, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

The radiation suit? The exo minus the servos and framework?

The NBC suit is really great.
My current play with a Clear Sky guy has the CS-1 armor and Tactical helmet with the infrared scanner, using a AKMS and Saiga12k.

Shot from when I still had the CS-3a

Also, updated Immersion Ruining Radio Mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/immersion-ruining-radio-mod-10

edit: also,
Any requests for radio tunes in Skad, Yanov and others? Don't have access to my amazon cloud music but I can figure something out with time.
you need both versions of Cuckoo
the original KINO
and
Zemfira's cover

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Ddraig posted:

It was in Lost Alpha if anyone wants to play it. When's the Director's Cut out? Anyone got an idea?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lost Alpha has a very weird version of it. In that, you willingly walk into the trap.

In RMA (and I guess Oblivion Lost Remake, which I haven't played as much as I should) it's quite different.

When Guide sends you to meet Doctor at Agroprom, it turns out he isn't there at all, but when you climb into Strelok's stash you get hit by a flashbang and knocked out, then you wake up in the Dead City with the Doc.

Also the military don't just do a ground assault, they do a full blown helicopter sweep of the top of the building where you're being held, killing everyone there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFYY6HRBuXk

I think the RMA version is better.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
I thought it might be time to do a replay of Shadow of Chernobyl, as I've not played it since it first came out.

I started out by installing the ZRP, and it didn't seem to change too much, just seemed to be a nice bunch of tweaks that fixed up some of the wonk for the original game, and I was pretty impressed, but then I heard about this 'Lost Alpha' thing (I'm really out of the loop with S.T.A.L.K.E.R mods), so I thought I'd try that out.

I've got to say, even though everywhere I've read says it's really buggy and unfinished, I've been really impressed by the whole thing, it honestly seems like it turns SoC into what the original developers were aiming for it to be, though I can only assume it becomes incredibly janky and broken later, is it really worth me persevering with it?

That said, there's two things that are really infuriating me, so I thought I'd ask if anyone had any ideas on whether they can be changed or not:

- Firstly, the sprinting system is pretty ludicrous. The running and sprinting speeds seem fairly reasonable, but the fact that you run out of stamina so fast and it only regenerates slowly when you're standing totally still is pretty ludicrous, especially when you're having to run around the zone (I've read that you can get cars but I've no idea whether that's actually feasible or possible, so for now I'm slumming it). Is there any way to tweak/change this? It's madness.

- I've played for a few hours so far, and the sun has only just gone down, and it's so dark I can't actually see where I'm going, even with the flashlight on. Granted that this makes for a fantastically atmospheric feel, but it's borderline unplayable if you haven't got night vision. I did try sleeping using the sleeping bag until the sun came back up, but it only lets you sleep for 8 hours and then you can't sleep any more, so I'm currently stuck at 3:30 am in the dark. Is there any way around this or do I just need to suck it up and work out how to get nightvision?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lost Alpha is very much a fan fiction. Not even a particularly good one. There's stuff in there that makes absolutely no god drat sense at all, and some that completely shits on the idea of the Zone to begin with.

In my spare time I'm going to be doing a translation of Oblivion Lost Remake, which is very much what Lost Alpha should have been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeIf7qTFDdE

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

Lost Alpha is very much a fan fiction. Not even a particularly good one. There's stuff in there that makes absolutely no god drat sense at all, and some that completely shits on the idea of the Zone to begin with.

I had to stop at the hallucination thing in the Garbage railway bridge.

It's SOOOOO bad. Like not even acceptable in an early 90's in game cut scene.

e; Also!
From looking in the allspawn you provided, can I move the bar_radio script part from the radio on Snag's table to the speaker box above Beard? And the one on top of the soda(?) machine by Hawaiian?

Trying to figure out what the speaker box is called as well to find it in the allspawn but no luck yet.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 3, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I guess I'll spoil it for you (although Dezowave already did that)

The cut content from SoC is pretty fascinating as it's mainly in the form of documents you find. Many mods have incorporated these. It basically details the story of a group of scientists who were given a blank cheque, and didn't have their morals to hold them back. They did incredibly terrible experiments on humans (I think one of the early attempts at getting the C-Consciousness up and running involved everyone dying, and anyone who came in contact with their bodies would also be "linked up")

Their crowning achievement was the creation of the C-Consciousness, by which they hoped to eliminate what they deemed to be all the negative traits in humanity. Instead, they created a monster. The collective attempts were more than the sum of their parts, and now their single purpose was to contain it.

It's very much a take on the Frankenstein story. How did Lost Alpha deal with this?

They made it an Illuminati conspiracy. I'm not even joking about that. The Dude on the bridge is actually an agent of the illuminati, which created the Zone as the ultimate test of humanity.

As someone who is pretty fascinated with the old builds of stalker and the Oblivion Lost concept that was just a complete kick in the teeth. The Zone is not actually a living entity capable of feelings of malice, much like Harlan Ellison's AM, but it's actually just a giant skinner box.

^^ The radios are called "priemnik_gorizont" in the all.spawn

My suggestion would be to try each of the different variants that exist, that should hopefully eventually get the one you want.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 3, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I tried to play LA just to see the reworked maps, but gently caress that. I just couldn't deal with the half-assed story, which is really a first for me in sandbox games. Hell, I even explored everything in Far Cry 2, for gently caress's sake. That game is known for its well developed plot and variability in sidequests. I just can't for LA.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
The maps of Lost Alpha are fantastic (and loving huge) but it needs more to do and/or more people/factions. The bit where you are chased by a chopper while in a car can gently caress itself, though.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
All the goddamned SHOC mods are loving huge. :stonk:

landofcake
May 7, 2009

Well, installed some mods for it which were supposed to optimise the shaders and add fast travel so I didn't have to run for such an absurd amount of time and it broke the game, so I think I might just revisit Call of Pripyat instead.

I can see what you're saying with some of the sillyness though, it didn't seem too bad until I got to the bit with the hallucination on the bridge, that and wandering into a house and hearing an 'OI !!!' and getting charged by some little dwarf zombie thing.

The Geoff
Oct 11, 2009
Has anyone here played Oblivion Lost Remake 2.5? Started playing today, it looks amazing... but it seems impossible to find any food in the game, so you fairly quickly run out of energy, become paralysed, start losing health and die. I've restarted the game several times and have so far managed to find exactly one piece of bread, hidden on a high shelf at the back of a heavily irradiated room. None of the traders sell food and none of the stalkers have any in their inventories.

It feels like a bizarre twist on the regular stalker gameplay - in OLR, artifacts are super common but bread and sausages are ultra rare. I've been playing all afternoon and still haven't made it out of Cordon without dying of starvation.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

Argg, I finally settled on doing a replay of Clear Sky, and I'd been really enjoying it, but I appear to have run into a game breaking bug that means I can't progress.

When you're sent to the Garbage to find Fang's PDA, you have to go into a basement, which triggers and explosion and a robbery. The explosion goes off, I get knocked out, but then the bandits don't appear and I can't go any further.

Anyone know if there's a way around this?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

landofcake posted:

Argg, I finally settled on doing a replay of Clear Sky, and I'd been really enjoying it, but I appear to have run into a game breaking bug that means I can't progress.

When you're sent to the Garbage to find Fang's PDA, you have to go into a basement, which triggers and explosion and a robbery. The explosion goes off, I get knocked out, but then the bandits don't appear and I can't go any further.

Anyone know if there's a way around this?

I remember that happening to me once or twice. I think I just reloaded until it worked. I forget which CS mods I had on though.

newmans_owned
Nov 26, 2015

Home Of The Hottest WADs On The Net

Ddraig posted:

In my spare time I'm going to be doing a translation of Oblivion Lost Remake, which is very much what Lost Alpha should have been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeIf7qTFDdE

i actually managed to do a partial improvement of the machine translation that was made for OLR 2.5, but i lost steam and i have no idea where the files are now. if i find them again, i'll share what i've done and continue to work on it

newmans_owned fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 7, 2015

landofcake
May 7, 2009

fennesz posted:

I remember that happening to me once or twice. I think I just reloaded until it worked. I forget which CS mods I had on though.

Thanks, but I can't find any way around it, no matter how much I reload or dump all of my inventory/cash. I guess this is the end of the line :(

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What's the new hotness for mods? I feel like starting up another run that I'll abandon 1/2 the way through.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's the new hotness for mods? I feel like starting up another run that I'll abandon 1/2 the way through.

AO3 and CoC are by far the most popular at the moment.

I usually finish all of the quests in Pripyat up until meeting Strelok and then just roll a new game.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I usually make it to Pripyat and then get bored.

I did one run for a while with only shotguns and rifles locked to semi. It was pretty fun. I forget what mod it was, but I think I used the Predator or something, the one with huge damage. The physics effects of blasting a stalker with the shotgun after rounding a corner were a lot of fun. Having incentive for bringing the fights in close rather than just sniping all of the time was fun too. Although I always have to hit and run snipe half of the water treatment plant anyway. Just too many guys with too much armor.

CoC sounds like the mod I'd been wanting for years. Is it easy to find things to do? I do tend to gently caress around a lot, but I generally want some missions / setpieces / events to punctuate the wandering.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 7, 2015

cybrancyborg
Jan 24, 2008

How this ends still hasn't been unwritten...
Anyone else played that SGM 2 + Geonezis thing? If so: I had given up on it some time ago because I got to the mission to defend Skadovsk, and sometimes I'd run through the bar area in the ship and find at first, bandits not part of the invasion (eg. Sultan) will go hostile even though I've been taking care not to shoot unless my crosshairs are red. I don't know if this is gamebreaking (campaign mission-wise), but a little later, loners at Skadovsk will start going hostile one at a time until even Owl, Beard, Gonta, etc were all hostile, and I definitely hadn't been shooting loners. I tried using my very minimal modding experience to reset my faction reputation but have no luck. I've been enjoying this mod a lot so I hate to just shelf it again forever but I don't know how prevent this outcome either. Anyone here know anything?

cybrancyborg fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 9, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Installed CoC. I have a problem where two loners in the newbie camp are hostile to me several hours in. If I shoot them, the whole camp goes hostile. If I don't shoot them, they kill me. I've tried luring them away and killing them out of sight with mixed results. Is there any way to fix this with the dev console?

It might be related, I accidentally shot a loner who was wearing olive and standing next to the military outpost I was fighting. That was a couple hours ago, though. Does the body just stay there forever, and anyone who comes across it knows I did it?

cybrancyborg
Jan 24, 2008

How this ends still hasn't been unwritten...

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Installed CoC. I have a problem where two loners in the newbie camp are hostile to me several hours in. If I shoot them, the whole camp goes hostile. If I don't shoot them, they kill me. I've tried luring them away and killing them out of sight with mixed results. Is there any way to fix this with the dev console?

It might be related, I accidentally shot a loner who was wearing olive and standing next to the military outpost I was fighting. That was a couple hours ago, though. Does the body just stay there forever, and anyone who comes across it knows I did it?

Factions are telepathically linked like the Borg. If you kill one, they all instantly know, (in my OGSE 692 playthrough, there was a single Loner alone in Agroprom underground who would not move out of a doorway, though I was behind him, so I stabbed him in the back of the head. The entire faction immediately went hostile even though there was no way anyone but me could have known) though the faction rep dissemination can be weird and only effect some members sometimes. That weirdness can be deliberate, like the mission you get from I think it's Sid or Barman to kill some loner in an exosuit in Army WareHouses, and as long as you're discrete only his bodyguards go hostile. Similarly another one in Yantar, that's harder to manage because it's basically large squad of bodyguards so you gotta snipe him from some ways away and I'm rambling but yeah basically the 'stalkers are telepathically linked and have totally binary reactions to everything' is one of the more immersion breaking things for me, even though I know why they're necessary.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Well, I guess I will just start over. And I'm not taking the missions in the swamps. The swamps are the worst map ever. I was looking forward to going back because I never really explored them thoroughly in CS. Now I remember why.

It's kind of lovely how the game starts with 4 bloodsuckers under the bridge outside of the loner newbie village. You basically just have to train both pairs back to the village so the combined firepower will take them out.

Is there any way to deal with helicopters aside from just carrying a PKM everywhere? It's really annoying that every military outpost has its own close air support.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 9, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
^Shooting helicopters in the nose section with a few magazines worth from a AK-74u does the trick.

The Bashta Tac suit is pretty OP.
10kg is pretty light for all that body armor, bulky helmet and gigantic air tanks on the back.

Ddraig, what do you think of 00:37-38ish form this vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q0POCODym8) for putting the suit on and taking it off.
And this for when it's being worn; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djjjv-299os

Trying to find more sound effects like this for HUD damage, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQ5ROJ7rnE.
But nothing feels quite right so far.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Huh. I guess that works. That would chew through a lot of ammo to be doing regularly, though.

Where is the closest place to Cordon other than the swamps that has a doctor and / or a technician? Is an ecologist playthrough boring? Or are there enough bandits and monolith to keep things interesting?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
In Radium we're going to have quite an advanced prototype exoskeleton. Most exoskeletons are pretty basic, just increasing your carrying load and other such things. This one will have a whole host of neat features, including an automatic medical system. You just don't want to switch it on during an emission, though.

I guess we could use some sound effects for that. Nothing too high-tech, but distinct from the usual stuff.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Maybe have an exo-skeleton with permasprint (you can't not sprint or something) called "Cruise Control". :v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

In Radium we're going to have quite an advanced prototype exoskeleton. Most exoskeletons are pretty basic, just increasing your carrying load and other such things. This one will have a whole host of neat features, including an automatic medical system. You just don't want to switch it on during an emission, though.

I guess we could use some sound effects for that. Nothing too high-tech, but distinct from the usual stuff.

Sound effects just have to match the suit.
When I get the chance to record and mix some sounds I'll adds the space suit breathing with a pressurized air flow sound cause the Bashta Tac suit is definitely air tight with positive pressure on the helmet.

Just leaves the actual HUD overlay which I'm not sure how that would look.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Just randomly found Strelok's rifle in a box in Yantar :stare:

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is an ecologist playthrough boring? Or are there enough bandits and monolith to keep things interesting?

It's a nice change of pace to be able to peacefully hang out with merc and army guys and use their merchants. Plus you get access to some of the best gear right away if you get lucky with the zombie hoard.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is an ecologist playthrough boring? Or are there enough bandits and monolith to keep things interesting?

Well, as an ecologist you should be diving right into the CNPP to uncover the mysteries of the Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I decided to do the Ecologist one this time. It's weird not shredding a dozen mercs going through the Wild Territory. But the starting pistol is actually really good, I've killed a lot of mutant groups. I got a 7.62x39 Groza, but it's like 12k to repair even after getting the first 2 tools for the Duty trader. So now I'm just using a 74SU with the weird upside-down scope. Hopefully I'll be able to get something more accurate soon, although without the mercenaries to farm ammo off of, I'm not going to have nearly as much 5.56 as in a normal run.

It's pretty great getting about 5x the amount from mutant parts from Sakharov as Sidorovich. My current goals are 1) Get a better gun so I can snipe reliably, 2) Get a suit to hunt artifacts (already got a veles), 3) Get some combat armor. Actually, 0) play the poo poo out of the Killing Floor 2 weekend.

E: I forgot, I have an AEK-973, just not the rubles to repair it or an ammo stockpile for the 7.62.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 11, 2015