Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I don't even own a television.

PS that picture of the wet cat is amazing, with all the flat colors it almost looks like a painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

This may be my favorite use of the Amen Break in recent memory.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

TheRagamuffin posted:

This may be my favorite use of the Amen Break in recent memory.

I did not enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBmp0Owmhh0

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

True. And that twist ending? Saw that coming a mile away. "God Did It", pfft, typical pulp trash.

Yeah, you have to admit the ending was a bit of a deus ex machina.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Measly Twerp posted:

Why does someone always post this?

Cause some teenagers think atheism or disgust with religion is a hipster affectation, don't'cha know. Right up there with "I was into X before X became cool.". I mean it's not like people have actual experiences of living with the consequences of being in a religiously dominated culture, it's all just "gently caress you, dad" stuff.

But then the stunt of reading the worst parts of the bible was kind of lame. They could have read any relatively unknown part of it and it would have sounded ridiculous. Hell, they could have read the well-known parts and got reactions of "I know that part. That's in the koran?" which would be equally "shocking".

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

FreudianSlippers posted:

I have two cats. One of them was still a kitten when we got it and this was basically a daily occurrence for months. The kitten would attack the big one, lose instantly but never stop trying. I think cats might be like fantasy/sci-fi writers in that they have no absolutely sense of scale.

It's just because cats are dicks. They're not like Jack Russel's who seem ot legit have no idea how big they actually are

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Measly Twerp posted:

Because they think it's still 1997 and that "edgy" is a word people still use.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Post things and also shut up.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Aren't the shitheads who call the cops, to get people swatted, starting to have charges filed against them when they're caught? THAT'S the scootin' fruit. Not the poor saps who get flashbanged. That poo poo sucks.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

EZipperelli posted:

Aren't the shitheads who call the cops, to get people swatted, starting to have charges filed against them when they're caught? THAT'S the scootin' fruit. Not the poor saps who get flashbanged. That poo poo sucks.

I agree with you. I only remember that one Canadian teen getting in trouble for it and that was after like hundreds of swattings.

Fireworks + hot air balloons aren't a good mix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Oj3HhulGM

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I don't own a TV, because I can't afford the license fee. Every time I tell someone I don't own a TV I always feel the need to explain that I waste my time just as effectively by playing video games.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Malachi Constant posted:

Cause some teenagers think atheism or disgust with religion is a hipster affectation, don't'cha know. Right up there with "I was into X before X became cool.". I mean it's not like people have actual experiences of living with the consequences of being in a religiously dominated culture, it's all just "gently caress you, dad" stuff.

oh man i almost cut myself on this post :emo:

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~
All opinions are edgy, and no-one should post them IMO

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Ball Cupper posted:

All opinions are edgy, and no-one should post them IMO

this post is 2 edgy 4 me, pls have fewer edges tia

i find edges very triggering

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Measly Twerp posted:

Maybe they unironically believe in some god, or like nickelback, or enjoy reality TV. Who are you to judge, them?

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~
If you assholes don't stop edging me, I'll have to finish myself off

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

EZipperelli posted:

It's a Korean promo for Rainbow Six Siege, not people getting SWATed, so you're free to enjoy it, guilt free~!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Wasabi the J posted:

It's a Korean promo for Rainbow Six Siege, not people getting SWATed, so you're free to enjoy it, guilt free~!

Thank you, I was certain that had to be a commercial for that game but didn't know for a fact.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Traxis posted:

0:36 is magical

speshl guy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKrUXX3CJE

I was really hoping that at 2:40 the engine was going to explode

Boobie at 0:07?

Cat Ass Trophy has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Dec 6, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

A lovely little wreck from the Baja 1000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_DKSFc-JJo

That was the first corner.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

EZipperelli posted:

But yeah, they caught a Canadian teenager, like 13-14 ish, recently. He had swatted like 100 times, mostly women who didn't want to be his internet girlfriend.

Also there was a Dutch kid who was caught, I think. They're usually pretty bad at opsec.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Snapchat A Titty posted:

But yeah, they caught a Canadian teenager, like 13-14 ish, recently. He had swatted like 100 times, mostly women who didn't want to be his internet girlfriend.

Also there was a Dutch kid who was caught, I think. They're usually pretty bad at opsec.
http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/finnish-decision-is-win-for-internet-trolls/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

(why on earth did you disable autolinking?!)

2 years suspended is a hardcore sentence in the nordic countries. I would have preferred if at least part of it wasn't suspended, but I mean, even Breivik is literally complaining about his Playstation games being too old. Intense punishment doesn't make a better society, and in fact increases recidivism. Much better to try and remind people to not be shitlords.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Lemon posted:

I don't own a TV, because I can't afford the license fee. Every time I tell someone I don't own a TV I always feel the need to explain that I waste my time just as effectively by playing video games.

What's a license fee?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Drunk Nerds posted:

What's a license fee?

Many European countries have a state-run channel(s). They're usually partially paid for by a national TV license. Basically anybody who owns a TV in the country pays the state X money every year, and those money are used to support the state channel. They can't tell though, OP. You can have a TV and just say you don't if the license dudes show up. At least in Scandinavia they don't have the right to enter your house.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

"We knocked first and yelled but they just didn't hear us"

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
$100 million and 4 years later, Star Citizen

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

A Neurotic Jew posted:

$100 million and 4 years later, Star Citizen
Wait, you mean it actually came out? I think I owe someone five bucks.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
No. That's just where it is currently, a year after the announced release date.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

A Neurotic Jew posted:

No. That's just where it is currently, a year after the announced release date.
Ah, good. Safe for now.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
rest assured, that $5 is yours to keep.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That's a pretty funny video.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Star Citizen Simulator 2k15

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL5JtapBDVY

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Many European countries have a state-run channel(s). They're usually partially paid for by a national TV license. Basically anybody who owns a TV in the country pays the state X money every year, and those money are used to support the state channel. They can't tell though, OP. You can have a TV and just say you don't if the license dudes show up. At least in Scandinavia they don't have the right to enter your house.

So they basically just go door to door and ask for voluntarily contribution?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Nitrox posted:

As far as i know you'll usually be registered as a TV owner when you buy your TV in the average store. If you got your TV some other way you can slip through, but there are people who's job it is to catch people who's not paying.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Nitrox posted:

That's how it works in Denmark - you'll also have to pay if you have a device that can access the internet because everything is accessible through their website. Sometimes they'll send kindly worded letters and remind you of your social responsibility and stuff and sometimes they'll come knocking. They don't keep records of TVs - which makes sense - or internet connections - which makes less sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Do those TV-detector vans actually detect anything, or are they purely for show?