Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

PCOS Bill posted:

Sorry you don't know how to cook beef to both well done and very tender.

I also don't know how to castrate myself without bleeding out, because I don't want to practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!

would, but I wouldn't be exactly happy about it

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

As long as you aren't eating wild game or anything, raw or undercooked pork is perfectly fine to eat.

Sure, it's safe to eat.
But it tastes bad.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

cash crab posted:

Anyway, content:

Hello, my childhood (though we would have had separate plates and a vinaigrette instead of creamy dressing).

Now I want beans and franks instead of what we are actually making for dinner (broiled hake and garlic spinach).

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Remove the salad, replace the beans with Kraft Dinner, and add ketchup and you have my childhood lunch.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

OctoberBlues posted:

I hope this at least circles back around to discussing those people that eat rotten putrid meat and think it actually makes them healthier.

explain

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I thought we discussed it in this thread, maybe it was a different one? I think this is the main source of humor/disgustingness:

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/display-your-culinary-creations/high-meat-recipe-preparation-for-more-advanced-rafers/

Mmmmm, high meat!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

OctoberBlues posted:

I thought we discussed it in this thread, maybe it was a different one? I think this is the main source of humor/disgustingness:

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/display-your-culinary-creations/high-meat-recipe-preparation-for-more-advanced-rafers/

Mmmmm, high meat!

I though this ended up being a long con and the lady and dude are bears?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Another interesting development, and a question:
I have had some grass fed beef dry aging on a plate in my fridge for about 10 days (turning them regularly). Just this morning I have noticed the first sign of a dry-ish mold growing on the edges of the meat. I am assuming that those moldy parts of the meat are good to eat just as they are. Correct? I think I'll wait for some confirmation from those of you more experienced RAFers before I take the plunge and eat my first ever meat-mold. It does not smell high or fermented or anything. It just smells like a more concentrated meat-smell.

quote:

Mold on meat whether dried or wet is fine to eat. I've never heard of issues with it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

loving eh would.

Would prefer french dressing ro Kraft dinner though.

Still would.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

No that was this thread, it was way earlier in it though.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

What's wrong with this?

Daniel Hillard
May 22, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

Sorry you don't know how to cook beef to both well done and very tender.

I can only assume you're talking about braising meats with a large amount of connective tissue that will be turned into gelatin thereby providing a moist mouthfeel. If you're talking about cooking a strip steak or something to well done and thinking it will be anywhere close to as tender as something cooked less then you are stupid about meat and science bares this out.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Wanamingo posted:

What's wrong with this?

Unappealing presentation, which is what this thread is for.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Wanamingo posted:

What's wrong with this?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Spilled mah kool-aid on dat!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That picture makes me feel ill whenever I see it, goddamn. And that is not a goony exaggeration, that is a hosed up picture.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

OctoberBlues posted:

That picture makes me feel ill whenever I see it, goddamn. And that is not a goony exaggeration, that is a hosed up picture.

Don't forget, it's alive too! :unsmigghh:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
"Do not waste these shits," said the scat fetishist.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Those things are pretty tasty though

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Missing the red hots?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

OctoberBlues posted:

Welcome, my child, to the fascinating world of trypophobia

Don't google that, please

edit: I googled it to make sure that I still had trypophobia and I gave myself a panic attack, someone please post a very pretty cupcake or a dog eating a carrot or something please send help opleaseed

cash crab has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Dec 6, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Why did I google it, I was warned. :( My reaction was similar to those 2girls1cup reaction videos...

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

OctoberBlues posted:

Why did I google it, I was warned. :( My reaction was similar to those 2girls1cup reaction videos...

We all do something like that at least once in our lives one way or another. Tis nothing to be shamed about. But this...

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

EorayMel posted:

We all do something like that at least once in our lives one way or another. Tis nothing to be shamed about. But this...

So I moved to WA and on Craigslist there is a company that (apparently every Halloween) needs to hire people to paint body parts. They look like that. But I feel as if that one is edible.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Scathach posted:

So I moved to WA and on Craigslist there is a company that (apparently every Halloween) needs to hire people to paint body parts. They look like that. But I feel as if that one is edible.

all body parts are edible if u believe in yourself <3

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Scathach posted:

They look like that. But I feel as if that one is edible.

Have you ever known Germans to be wasteful?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

:ohdear: I am so sorry. But at least you have a name for your unnameable fear now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

Welcome, my child, to the fascinating world of trypophobia

Don't google that, please

edit: I googled it to make sure that I still had trypophobia and I gave myself a panic attack, someone please post a very pretty cupcake or a dog eating a carrot or something please send help opleaseed

I'm on it! Sorta

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Trotters are the best part of long pig

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

13Pandora13 posted:

I though this ended up being a long con and the lady and dude are bears?

They were real people but in the 'draw comics of famous threads' thread Majulum or someone drew a comic of them as bears.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

Awww :kimchi:

I ended up going to Fred Meyer a little while ago, picked up some sushi imagining I'd have some story for this thread... but no, their sushi is is actually loving amazing. Sorry.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

I'm on it! Sorta

OH poo poo

Perfect, so perfect. Thank

Scathach posted:

Awww :kimchi:

I ended up going to Fred Meyer a little while ago, picked up some sushi imagining I'd have some story for this thread... but no, their sushi is is actually loving amazing. Sorry.

:3: If you'd gotten a bad meal, it would have been good. But you got a good meal and that is also good! Goodgoodgood.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cyberia posted:

They were real people but in the 'draw comics of famous threads' thread Majulum or someone drew a comic of them as bears.

Well? Don't just talk about it, post it!

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

OctoberBlues posted:

RareAcumen posted:

No that was this thread, it was way earlier in it though.

I'm pretty sure it was this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3266265

Also, this makes me uncomfortable:

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 11:20 on Dec 6, 2015

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

EorayMel posted:

It reads: Fin* & Kick, Inc. - cannibal supplies for everyone: Soup foot (whole, fresh)

*as in slang for "hand".

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Just posting to say, that as a medical professional, more than 90% of those trypophobia photos on GIS are fake as all hell - as is the phobia itself. It's not listed anywhere in the DSM IV, and is rumored to be a phobia made up sometime around 2005 by an anonymous Irish woman on some forum.

quote:

The little research done into trypophobia suggests it's an instinctual fear of harm from legitimately dangerous things that's been transferred to harmless objects. As they reported in the journal Psychological Science, Geoff Cole and Allen Wilkins, two researchers at the Centre for Brain Science at the University of Essex, performed a spectral analysis on 76 images that induce trypophobia (pulled from trypophobia.com), and compared them to 76 control images of holes that didn't trigger a revulsed response. They found that the triggering images shared a typical spectral composition: high-contrast colors in a particular spatial distribution.

They say plenty of dangerous animals share this look. "We argue that although sufferers are not conscious of the association, the phobia arises in part because the inducing stimuli share basic visual characteristics with dangerous organisms," they wrote.

I apologize for the derail, but pop-psychology that originates on the internet irritates the gently caress out of me. Googling this "condition" also brings up a shitload of Buzzfeed and related sites that promote this ridiculousness, which just add fuel to the fire. Not enjoying looking at strange holes on human body isn't a phobia, it's pretty drat natural tbh.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012

cash crab posted:

Absolutely. If one is what one eats... then that would just go towards being oneself

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

EZipperelli posted:

Just posting to say, that as a medical professional, more than 90% of those trypophobia photos on GIS are fake as all hell - as is the phobia itself. It's not listed anywhere in the DSM IV, and is rumored to be a phobia made up sometime around 2005 by an anonymous Irish woman on some forum.

I apologize for the derail, but pop-psychology that originates on the internet irritates the gently caress out of me. Googling this "condition" also brings up a shitload of Buzzfeed and related sites that promote this ridiculousness, which just add fuel to the fire. Not enjoying looking at strange holes on human body isn't a phobia, it's pretty drat natural tbh.

For someone that hates pop psychology you sure do know poo poo loving all about actual psychology. DSM doesn't really list specific phobias as separate things unless maybe in an appendix or something. Phobia itself is a condition that can apply to almost anything.

Also, for something you claim to be not real there sure are a lot of people with significant reactions to harmless patterns of contrast in images. It's an interesting thing to explore even if it isn't strictly a psychological condition. It tells us something about how our brains are wired, and it gives us some clues about how we may have evolved.

So, in conclusion, gently caress off. Citing the DSM out of context is like one of the most favorite past-times of all pop psychologists. You wanna cite Webster's Dictionary next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Coulrophobia (fear of clowns) literally did not exist until like 50 years ago and even then is mostly restricted to America but it still doesn't stop hack listicle writers from busting out the :biotruths: to try and rationalize it. Evopsych in general goes against pretty much everything our current understanding of the brain says, it's just extra stupid when people are trying attach biological origins to phobias that sprung into existence in our lifetimes.

Sleeveless has a new favorite as of 13:09 on Dec 6, 2015

• Locked thread