Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Hace posted:

Is the authority face or heel

Authority are heels who act like faces when it benefits them to do so. Retail middle management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

rovert posted:

So everyone is mad again at Lana and that is what this tweet relates to apparently:

The character Summer Rae is angry about something the character Summer Rae said to Michael Cole? This is like that movie Cool World, very confusing. Is Summer Rae a work or a shoot?

edit: I know what it is, she's doing a split personality gimmick. Like Brad Maddox wanted to do. I know for a fact Michael Cole would not lie.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 6, 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope Rusev gets out of this OK. He's cool and a good wrestler.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Alain Post posted:

Imagine WWE running off another good talent for petty reasons.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rusev is my favorite active wrestler right now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HulkaMatt posted:

That might be the case. But Lana keeps doing dumb and bizarre things. Like inventing storylines and randomly dropping her accent.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Rusev is my favorite active wrestler right now.

I like him a lot too. December 4th was the anniversary of Umaga's death. It made me remember how similar the two acts can be.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Who gives a poo poo about Lana, bring back Rusev's lawyer.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Kevin Owens: Face

Face Owens Face

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I hope Lana leaves so this bullshit stops. Summer and Rusev are talents worth keeping, Lana spite-booking and being batshit is canceling out what her strengths were.

Obviously Rusev can't talk, throw some money at Veda Scott. She's a better promo than Lana and can do physicality.
(I just want a Veda Scott/Paul Heyman promo)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HulkaMatt posted:

And then imagine Rusev showing up in Lucha Underground.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Delsaber posted:

Authority are heels who act like faces when it benefits them to do so. Retail middle management.

As much as I poo poo on this act, this part actually makes perfect sense to me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Delsaber posted:

I think this was David Shoemaker's argument when defending the Authority booking.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 6, 2015

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Rusev is in their top ten percentile of promo guys solely because he looks and sounds like he means what he says.

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 6, 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can imagine like, someone 20 years from now looking at old WWE footage without the context of the booking, and thinking that Rusev and Sheamus were awesome wrestlers and wondering why nobody cared about them.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Like this company is even going to exist in 2035.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Rusev and Lana should have been the Macho/Liz arc from the breakup to WM7 but everybody in and around the angle except Rusev is dumb and bad

Just stay on UpUpDownDown Tong Po and keep jumping over their super moves

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alain Post posted:

I think this was Brad Shoemaker's argument when defending the Authority booking.

david shoemaker

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Haha, gently caress, that's a stupid mistake.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fat Lowtax posted:

Rusev is in their top ten percentile of promo guys solely because he looks and sounds like he means what he says.

He's one of the only guys who can actually get the crowd to shut up and listen to what he says. Like when they were chanting USA at him this week and he just yelled SHUT UP THIS IS NOT ABOUT USA!!! and the chants die off. He's such a bizarrely charismatic promo that he stays over despite the awful, terrible, garbage booking he gets.

They need to bring back his lawyer, too.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
i'm not quite certain why it matters what lines are run through a character or not since this is all quite fake and anyone over 9 knows that rusev most probably did not have sex with summer rae and anyone under 9 most probably doesn't know what sex is

basically i'm confused why everyone's acting like a scripted tv show is real and i'm getting worked into a shoot and also my head hurts

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Needs More Ditka posted:

basically i'm confused why everyone's acting like a scripted tv show is real and i'm getting worked into a shoot and also my head hurts
Same here. They should start airing Aspirin or Alka Seltzer commercials during RAW.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cory Lidle posted:

Obviously Rusev can't talk

gently caress you, vince!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's one of the only guys who can actually get the crowd to shut up and listen to what he says. Like when they were chanting USA at him this week and he just yelled SHUT UP THIS IS NOT ABOUT USA!!! and the chants die off. He's such a bizarrely charismatic promo that he stays over despite the awful, terrible, garbage booking he gets.

They need to bring back his lawyer, too.

The brief moment of him and the New Day being buds was great. Like you said Rusev's crazy charismatic, but he also commits to the bits wholeheartedly even if they're terrible.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alain Post posted:

They put him in a main event heel stable. I think he's doing fine.

All this talk about Lana doing stupid poo poo backstage and gradually having news come out about her drama every week, coinciding with her coming back heel with a heel Rusev, while WWE cashes in on the TMZ publicity is awfully convenient though. Y'alls being worked.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

rovert posted:

But Lana keeps doing dumb and bizarre things. Like inventing storylines and randomly dropping her accent.

Rusev dropped his accent at the same time. I don't get why people keep defending him as he's not that good and really is as responsible as Lana in all this.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

soapgish posted:

Rusev dropped his accent at the same time. I don't get why people keep defending him as he's not that good and really is as responsible as Lana in all this.

Most people like both Rusev and Lana though.

They like them enough that when given the choice between disliking either of them or disliking Dolph Ziggler, this subforum almost all went "God, just go away Ziggler".

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Great White Hope posted:

Most people like both Rusev and Lana though.

They like them enough that when given the choice between disliking either of them or disliking Dolph Ziggler, this subforum almost all went "God, just go away Ziggler".

Everything Dolph Ziggler did since Surviver Series of last years was congealed rear end in a jean jacket so it was more that and even entirely that instead of Ziggler being a dick to Rusev

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'm just struggling to buy that they'd take creative input from Lana, who they supposedly are super pissed off with, and go along with making GBS threads on Summer, who they apparently have no beef with, in the exact same manner they shat on Lana.

I mean, I know WWE is as petty as you can possibly get, and the shows are mostly written by a complete lunatic, but this just doesn't makes sense unless you want to argue that they knew the origin of these lines would come out and therefore they're actually saying it was Lana's idea to turn people against her more. Which is a loving stupid claim.

Rusev himself is fine, all he has to do with a mic is shout a bit and look angry and you're done. Look at how much heat he got just for yelling and waving a flag. He's as great as he needs to be.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah I don't understand how nuclear heat Lana is getting lines on air with no approval either. That's right up there with that politicking Charlotte forcing the Reid Flair angle onto Raw while no one else wanted it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Everything Dolph Ziggler did since Surviver Series of last years was congealed rear end in a jean jacket so it was more that and even entirely that instead of Ziggler being a dick to Rusev

I meant it more that Rusev and Lana are extremely entertaining and liked for that, not that people were going "Wow that jerk Dolph Ziggler I hope the heroic Rusev punches him :mad:"

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
And I'm saying is that Ziggler was terrible and made the feud bad when he was in it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah I don't understand how nuclear heat Lana is getting lines on air with no approval either. That's right up there with that politicking Charlotte forcing the Reid Flair angle onto Raw while no one else wanted it.

Nothing close to the Reid situation.

The online stuff to my understanding doesn't go through Vince McMahon and just can get approved by a Ryan Ward, Ed Koskey level writer.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I like Lana and Summer Rae (and Rusev) so I think they should focus their efforts on getting the writers to put in lines about how Ziggler has a small peen and smells bad and no one banged him ever.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

dromal phrenia posted:

I like Lana and Summer Rae (and Rusev) so I think they should focus their efforts on getting the writers to put in lines about how Ziggler has a small peen and smells bad and no one banged him ever.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

soapgish posted:

Rusev is one of the only believable people in terms of character and look in the wwe.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Bigass Moth posted:

Rusev is one of the only believable people in terms of character and look in the wwe.

Luke Harper and Rowan too

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I wish that other shows on TV have this weird 'Twitter is canon unless when it's not' thing that WWE does. Gotta keep Jon Snow off social media for a bit while he works this injury angle.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

is the john cena instagram canon?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Ostentatious posted:

is the john cena instagram canon?

I hate that this sentence exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook