Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

shadok posted:

You could for a while in beta. I leave the forum rage over that as an exercise for the imagination.

The one from beta was something else, and I know they pulled it because of forums outcry. I remember something said about it was allowed back in KOFE since companions weren't bound to a specific role anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cyrelio posted:

That's not a bad idea I've never thought of doing that. I fully unlocked the DK SH and fully decorated it, then got bored of it, tore it down, and fully unlocked the Nar Shadda SH and fully decorated that one. I think I like Nar Shadda the best. You can have a fair amount of decorations and I don't feel as claustrophobic in it as the DK design. Don't feel like spending the credits to unlock Tatooine or Yavin right now anyways.

I almost go to my wits end trying to fully decorate DK and make it look good. Granted I'm not the most interior designy person ever, but just DK took up a lot of hooks. NS does at least still feel like an apartment, but DK is big enough for me. (Also I prefer DK's ambiance, love the planet, love rain.)

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

M_Sinistrari posted:

The one from beta was something else, and I know they pulled it because of forums outcry. I remember something said about it was allowed back in KOFE since companions weren't bound to a specific role anymore.

You can kill certain companions in KotFE, Tanno Vik and Xalek, so far.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
We currently have two slots open for the HM Karagga's Palace run, waiting until around 8:15 if anyone can log in by then.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Attempted 16m EV HM republic side last night.

At least 4 dps pulling sub 2.5k according to Starparse and hitting enrage timer/raid wipe at 5% until we finally stopped.

Fun times.

7k hps though, get like me.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Also, EC with a group that is almost entirely drunk and refusing to read any guide beforehand is both an exercise in futility and loving hilarious.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Rannison posted:

Also, EC with a group that is almost entirely drunk and refusing to read any guide beforehand is both an exercise in futility and loving hilarious.

That sounds like a regular TNG raid group to me :confused:

E: The drunk part I mean.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

We never got past the minefield but I laughed so hard I almost passed out.

Tank/irl friend running back for 3rd attempt: So what does the tower do?
Dps/irl friend: ....you've been in the tower the entire time, what?!

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Hulk Smash! posted:

That sounds like a regular TNG raid group to me :confused:

E: The drunk part I mean.

Much like every other goon guild I've been a part of, regardless of game - if you're not raiding drunk, you're doing it wrong.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Haha, just finished Imperial Taris and I'm level 53. Crazy.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Haven't played this game in a while. Few questions.

1. What server/faction has the most active goons? JC - Imperial?
2. What's the easiest way to combine all my old cash/items and throw them onto one character on JC?
3. Can I mail stuff to myself across factions now?
4. I dunno wtf is going on.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

1. yeup.

2. Get a stronghold, place a legacy bank, teleport your alts there, dump everything in it, pick it up on main character, transfer that character if you need to.
If you don't need to transfer, you can leave your stuff in the legacy bank. It just won't transfer with you. You can't put money in there, but you can mail it.

3. It has always been possible to mail stuff to yourself cross-faction, just not to other people.

4. :iiam:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Verranicus posted:

Haha, just finished Imperial Taris and I'm level 53. Crazy.

Same only Quesh and 33.

Quests don't give enough xp imo.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

sassassin posted:

Same only Quesh and 33.

Quests don't give enough xp imo.

They give more than enough.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Do the people that whined about them taking companions down a slight notch realize that every time I do a FP I keep my fingers crossed that someone drops so I can replace them with an infinitely-superior non-human? I just had two people leave after some lovely initial pulls and once we brought the comps out things went loving smooth as ice; God forbid we'd re-queued. That's probably not great for the game overall though.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Crindee posted:

Do the people that whined about them taking companions down a slight notch realize that every time I do a FP I keep my fingers crossed that someone drops so I can replace them with an infinitely-superior non-human? I just had two people leave after some lovely initial pulls and once we brought the comps out things went loving smooth as ice; God forbid we'd re-queued. That's probably not great for the game overall though.

No, you're mistaken. That's way better for the game overall.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
If I've never raided, should I avoid taking a newly capped jugg into the daily lfg raid as a tank, or is it pretty forgiving assuming you've at least read the basics for the encounters?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fifteen of Many posted:

If I've never raided, should I avoid taking a newly capped jugg into the daily lfg raid as a tank, or is it pretty forgiving assuming you've at least read the basics for the encounters?

As long as you say "Hey, I've never done this" people will be grateful you're tanking and walk you through it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It's been my experience that by and large other players are quite nice and forgiving as long as you are making a good faith effort.

But then you get the occasional rear end in a top hat who sticks out way more in memory.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Verranicus posted:

They give more than enough.

I spent credits on legacy xp and have constantly used the boost items and I'm falling further and further behind in level. Had to stop playing the story to go grind heroics at one point.

They literally don't give more than enough.

FOXDIE
Mar 31, 2014
Were the Bonus Series quests removed from each planet? I haven't started a new character since I got my primary to the KotFE content, but I'm reading a lot of posts on the SWTOR subreddit about how things in the Bonus Series aren't available anymore.

This is really disappointing if it's true. I loved the extra exposition these gave of each planet, as well as a better look at a lot of characters, like Darth Lachris.

FOXDIE fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Dec 6, 2015

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

sassassin posted:

I spent credits on legacy xp and have constantly used the boost items and I'm falling further and further behind in level. Had to stop playing the story to go grind heroics at one point.

How on earth is this even possible? I stopped doing any sidequest when I was lvl 25 on Dromund Kass, then I stopped doing the planet story quests on Taris just so they would be less bland if I ever got around to leveling an alt and I didn't need the XP.

Not to mention that tonight I went from lvl 61-65 in a single Operation.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

FOXDIE posted:

Were the Bonus Series quests removed from each planet? I haven't started a new character since I got my primary to the KotFE content, but I'm reading a lot of posts on the SWTOR subreddit about how things in the Bonus Series aren't available anymore.

This is really disappointing if it's true. I loved the extra exposition these gave of each planet, as well as a better look at a lot of characters, like Darth Lachris.

I just started playing again and it seems like a lot of the quests are just straight-up gone, not just the Bonus Series. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it's weird for the completionist in me to walk past NPCs that I know used to give quests and wondering if I missed something to make them trigger.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

ArchRanger posted:

I just started playing again and it seems like a lot of the quests are just straight-up gone, not just the Bonus Series. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it's weird for the completionist in me to walk past NPCs that I know used to give quests and wondering if I missed something to make them trigger.

A lot of quests are hidden by default and you have to turn on "Exploration Missions" to see them. The checkbox to toggle them back on is in the topright of your map screen

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Fuzz posted:

No, you're mistaken. That's way better for the game overall.
Replace all tanks and healers with helpful robots, never have troubles finding queues again. :toot:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sassassin posted:

Are you doing all of the purple quests? (Not just story but also the planetary series) Because even without any kind of boosters, this would literally not be possible if you were doing all the "critical path" quests.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The planetary questlines are garbage. I'm just doing the Sith Warrior story.

It's good, and makes the Jedi Knight story look like poo poo (not that it didn't already).

Wish I hadn't chosen marauder, though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Darth Baras is the jolly Jedi Master I always wish I'd had.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
How are Powertechs nowadays? I remember them being very fun to play, but story was so-so.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

sassassin posted:

The XP rewards are designed to keep you at level (a tad above actually) with the story quests AND the planetary quests. You're going to fall behind if you just do the story without supplementing with planetary, exploration quests, heroics, FPs, PVP or Ops. This is not the game "not giving enough XP" it's you wanting to do just class quests. If you want to level with just class quests, you'll have to wait for double XP sometime in December.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The game isn't giving me enough xp. I've had to stop at Belsavis because I'm 5 levels under now but that planet sucks anyway so silver linings.

I could spend an hour grinding heroics but I'd rather do something fun.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

sassassin posted:

The game isn't giving me enough xp. I've had to stop at Belsavis because I'm 5 levels under now but that planet sucks anyway so silver linings.

You're literally doing half of the content that they tuned to level up and complaining that they don't give enough exp.

Maybe this game just isn't for you?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

How are you so bad.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's actually been quite fun being below-level. Can actually put a bit of thought into combat before all enemies melt away.

Not that it's possible to die with a healer companion.

Game was much more fun during 12x xp and when companions weren't so hulkingly badass.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Maybe i'm the wierdo here but it's basically impossible for MMO combat to be "fun" aside from raiding. The fun comes from dress-up dolls, the story, raids and PVP. I was overjoyed that, starting with Shadows of Revan, it was basically impossible to die, because dying sucks and is annoying.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waffles Inc. posted:

Maybe i'm the wierdo here but it's basically impossible for MMO combat to be "fun" aside from raiding. The fun comes from dress-up dolls, the story, raids and PVP. I was overjoyed that, starting with Shadows of Revan, it was basically impossible to die, because dying sucks and is annoying.

arisu posted:

Maybe this game just isn't for you?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Datamined stuff for 4.0.3

CC items spoilers

:allears:

:black101:

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Hi there TOR thread. My buddy and I have decided to re-up and play TOR as basically a duo Bioware RPG over Christmas break. Is there anything on the Cartel market that's such a huge quality of life upgrade for levelling that we should both go ahead and spend $5-10 to get it/them? We're both going to subscribe if that makes any difference, and we were both CE purchasers if that makes any further difference.

As an aside, I'd forgotten how beautiful and atmospheric the game is, not to mention how good the voice acting is (by and large). For my loving-around character I'm playing a 100% dark side female Inquisitor and so far she is gloriously, gloriously jolly-evil.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Holy poo poo that second pic. :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JonathonSpectre posted:

Hi there TOR thread. My buddy and I have decided to re-up and play TOR as basically a duo Bioware RPG over Christmas break. Is there anything on the Cartel market that's such a huge quality of life upgrade for levelling that we should both go ahead and spend $5-10 to get it/them? We're both going to subscribe if that makes any difference, and we were both CE purchasers if that makes any further difference.

As an aside, I'd forgotten how beautiful and atmospheric the game is, not to mention how good the voice acting is (by and large). For my loving-around character I'm playing a 100% dark side female Inquisitor and so far she is gloriously, gloriously jolly-evil.

Rocket Boots.

• Locked thread