Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Elderbean posted:

Guy just shits up my friends thread with all his dumb conservative talking points.

Holy poo poo I want to argue with that guy.

Of course, not actually. If he was on my feed I wouldn't last long at all.
Luckily none of my actual friends are like this but one of them loves to bait people like this.

They care so much about these kids lives but once they're born it's "Get off welfare!" "Why do you want $15 for working at McDonalds!" etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Point out that there are already children in the foster care system that are orphaned because their parents didn't want/can't take care of them that need to be adopted already. No one is adopting those kids 'cause they're too old, not white, or have special needs. Unless he's going to step up and adopt, he can shut it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
"Should have kept their legs closed then!"

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Obligatory Toast posted:

Point out that there are already children in the foster care system that are orphaned because their parents didn't want/can't take care of them that need to be adopted already. No one is adopting those kids 'cause they're too old, not white, or have special needs. Unless he's going to step up and adopt, he can shut it.

Yeah usually asking how many kids said person has adopted shuts them up. As soon as they say "Well I of course can't afford to adopt, and I don't want/can't have a kid..." their fight is over.

The whole stupid fight isn't even about babies, it's about controlling women.

Anyway, I loving hate these stupid things.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Obligatory Toast posted:

Also for every adoption success story of a kid finding a loving home, there are two more where a kid bounces from home to home of abuse, or just winds up lost in the lovely system for the aformentioned reasons until they get dumped out as legal adults. The whole "Just put your kids up for adoption!" argument is really kind of awful and doesn't solve the unwanted pregnancy thing at all because not only do you have to go through the pregnancy and give birth to the kid, but now that kid has to grow up knowing their parents didn't want them and possibly get hosed over by the lovely foster home system america has. Some kids don't get bothered by it, others have their lives ruined by it.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Scathach posted:

Huh, what? I tried to read this but just kept scrolling for some reason.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

I will take a million of these things a day on my wall if every single person on my Facebook friends list would post these instead of whatever lovely gun control or terrorism rant pops out of their large intestine and onto their keyboard that hour. It's only gotten worse in the last year or so.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

CommonShore posted:

There are quite a few of these incidents. What was the lawsuit?
That the "district didn't do enough to protect students from a female teacher who sexually abused three male students."
http://www.sltrib.com/home/3261303-155/judge-tosses-lawsuit-against-utah-school

It's pretty much just idiots all the way down.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Nuebot posted:

Also for every adoption success story of a kid finding a loving home, there are two more where a kid bounces from home to home of abuse, or just winds up lost in the lovely system for the aformentioned reasons until they get dumped out as legal adults. The whole "Just put your kids up for adoption!" argument is really kind of awful and doesn't solve the unwanted pregnancy thing at all because not only do you have to go through the pregnancy and give birth to the kid, but now that kid has to grow up knowing their parents didn't want them and possibly get hosed over by the lovely foster home system america has. Some kids don't get bothered by it, others have their lives ruined by it.

To be fair, for all it's gently caress ups, Florida has the adoption system worked out pretty well.

If a kid "ages out" of foster care without being adopted, that kid gets a full ride scholarship to any of the public state universities, gets some type of living stipend for x amount of time, and a whole host of other amazing benefits. Granted, it's the least they can do for these kids, especially seeing as how they've grown up as wards of the state, but it's still a pretty sweet deal.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Elderbean posted:

Guy just shits up my friends thread with all his dumb conservative talking points.

I don't get into many stupid arguments on FB but if I ever had one like this I have found the perfect video to post...fun starts at 00:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I have listened and listened to fact and opinion on both sides about the shooting in San Bernardino, CA. I also heard the lawyer for the family spinning it to make it look like he was persecuted and stereotyped for his 'beard' (signalling he's a cult of death member) and most likely acted out because of it. Give me a loving break. But, the left will buy it hook, line and sinker. "Poor mass murderer. It's all white peoples fault for not accepting him into their folds." Yeah, they're THAT stupid.

My opinion? There are no moderates. The ones supposedly speaking out about terrorism are liars. They're master manipulators and are learning our ways, how our country and majority react to certain things, and are playing the left like the fools they are.

These murdering cultists will continue to murder and blow poo poo up, the 'moderates' will speak out against it (wasn't that what we were originally complaining about - that nobody speaks out about it? They're manipulating you, dumbasses, and you're so willing to fall all over yourselves to be diverse, you can't see the writing on the wall) making it look like they're being unfairly stereotyped while all the while secretly cheering on the ones willing to die for the cause. After all, it's what their 'religion' teaches. You aren't a good cult of death member unless you support the killing of all unbelievers.

And the left will continue to call for more gun control, the cultists will put their members in positions of power country-wide (they already are), terrorism will continue to knock down our door and eventually, they'll be in control. Mark my words.

They cannot coexist with a civilized country. Period.

Every single one of them needs deported. And if they're citizens, put on a terror watch list.

See, I TOO can play by the lefts rules. I'm willing to sacrifice their rights for what I believe to be my safety. After all, that's what the left are trying to do to gun owners. What's good for the goose, and all...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

"I'm willing to sacrifice their rights" is the biggest lol

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

The only thing that makes me angry on tops thread is I have no idea if LoB is an rear end in a top hat or the world's best parody.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I don't think hitting ctrl c then ctrl v makes you either of those things

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Where do you find this magic?

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Why do people feel the need to bring guns with them into fast food places

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
To shoot people eyeing their McRibs.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If you don't exercise your American rights they eventually fade away, just like copyright claims.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Everyone carrying a gun in that image would be shot if they brought out their gun because they're black. :haw:

Brown is blue's sister. I'm sorry that she had to find out this way.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I am in the red part, my face is such that people ask me whose Silverado I am. It strains my relationship with my father, who hates Chevy.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

My dad shared this image, buttttttt....

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
loving math, how does it work

zakharov has a new favorite as of 18:22 on Dec 6, 2015

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

zakharov posted:

loving math, how does it work

ah yes, because the only things that matter when it comes to guns are "mass shootings" and not the overall number of deaths

edit: which is .05 per 100,000 people for Norway and 2.97 per 100,000 in the US, the US having the highest outside of like, south america and south africa

no gunchat please this is just about bad numbers and cherry picking evidence

Crocoswine has a new favorite as of 20:40 on Dec 6, 2015

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Yeah, ISIS is definitely trying to recruit a woman who posts Bible quotes several times a day.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Do these people think a BWW waitress is going to frisk them?

change my name posted:

Shes sewing his pants to his shirt so they wont sag. Amen

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

change my name posted:

I say this is dang right. What kids these days lack is some good crystal treatment. Back in the days of Nurse Misty and Nurse Twilight Sparkle, things were much better, and you can't doubt that.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Nuebot posted:

That applies more to children removed from the birth home, particularly if they're older or disabled. Brand new, healthy babies have a much higher rate of successful placements, and if they're white there's a high demand from adoptive parents. Birth parents can even play a role in selecting who will adopt their baby, and have many of their pregnancy expenses covered. They never go into foster care when they're put up for adoption, custody goes from parent to parent.

What you're talking about happens when the state steps in, says "you're a bad parent" and takes the kids, which places them in foster care. It's really two completely different systems.

Trivia: do you know children are considered older and harder to place after 6-8, unless they're black males? Then they're considered hard to place at 3-5.

Source: being a foster parent

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
This is all true, but adoption from birth can be extremely emotionally difficult and every couple that I know that has completed an adoption from birth has had at least one "false alarm" where the birth parent can't give their child up after birth. The rush of parental instincts combined with family and societal pressure (you can't give away my grandson, what happened to the baby you had?) can make a birth parent reconsider until their child is no longer considered highly desirable for adoption and spends the rest of their life in the system.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

loving "your"

eddoghetto
Mar 27, 2007
612 Wharf Avenue

Henchman of Santa posted:

"lol"

Alternatively try to hit 'em with a BOFA. There's no reason to engage other than to make fun of them.

Alternatively try to hit 'em with a BOFA...

. ..BOFA deez nuts.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My first thought was "ABORTIONS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IF THE FETUS HAD A GUN"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Bonster posted:

Source: being a foster parent

Actually very interesting to learn, I'd always assumed they were largely they same agencies.

Eponine posted:

This is all true, but adoption from birth can be extremely emotionally difficult and every couple that I know that has completed an adoption from birth has had at least one "false alarm" where the birth parent can't give their child up after birth.

My aunt almost killed herself recently after like forty plus years out of guilt for giving her first child up for adoption since she couldn't take care of him at the time and it'd just been eating her up ever since until she couldn't take it anymore. She felt too ashamed to even tell anyone until it was almost too late, either. Thankfully she got some help.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

trapped mouse posted:

Everyone carrying a gun in that image would be shot if they brought out their gun because they're black. :haw:

I can't keep it in any longer. That woman's huge saggy rack is bothering me.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Bast Relief posted:

I think it's that she has her arms crossed along her chest

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Bast Relief posted:

She's got a purse and her arm is across her chest, holding onto the strap. Similar to this:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

eddoghetto posted:

Alternatively try to hit 'em with a BOFA...

. ..BOFA deez nuts.

Thanks for explaining my joke to me.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ask them if they know about Obama's Updog law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Mouse Dresser posted:

She's got a purse and her arm is across her chest, holding onto the strap. Similar to this:

Still looks like a giant saggy rack.