Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Ubiservers gotta take an Ubibreak

Anyway, on the Santa's Workshop map, when the bombs/hostage are in the kitchen, going in the back through the freezer has worked amazingly well several times.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
The only entrance to the kitchen through the freezer is a single door, which is a huge choke point. I usually cover it for that reason, but I guess most people don't bother.

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah I've had success with my friend comboing Doc with Tachanka in certain bottleneck areas of the maps but not much else. Doc's special would be way more valuable if you could deploy self-recovering devices for each member of the team to take, similar to Rook's body armor. it wouldn't be imbalanced if Doc's gun continued to be instant revive but other operators took a few seconds to revive themselves on their own.

He just needs his gun to be able to heal allies (but not himself) for 50 HP while still being able to revive them and himself at 75 HP. That way if you end a firefight with like 20 HP left, Doc can still do something for you.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm not saying you should shoot teammates in the feet if you've got a second with a Doc on your team, but there's nothing stopping you.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I've tried that, and asked a Doc to shoot me with his pistol. Both times were instant kills.

Edit: Maybe neither were foot shots, though. I don't know how this mechanic works.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 5, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hm, I hadn't actually managed to convince anybody to try it, good to know.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I know to never play with Pubbies, but when I do I really wish that people would have patience while playing defense. I get that waiting around the objective for the enemy to come to you is boring, but the whole team jumping out of the capture point so they can chase down one guy with 30 seconds on the clock is dumb. And when it results in the guy killing them 1v4 because they were charging recklessly through the hallways it becomes infuriating

Gunder
May 22, 2003

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I know to never play with Pubbies, but when I do I really wish that people would have patience while playing defense. I get that waiting around the objective for the enemy to come to you is boring, but the whole team jumping out of the capture point so they can chase down one guy with 30 seconds on the clock is dumb. And when it results in the guy killing them 1v4 because they were charging recklessly through the hallways it becomes infuriating

Yeah, I get playing offensively, but having half your team decide to go lone wolf 20 seconds into the round is a recipe for disaster. It wouldn't be so bad if they worked together out there, but instead they go opposite directions and die stupidly. The other situation is having one enemy left and watching your surviving two teammates run out of the room to try and hunt the last guy down, only to die to the final attacker, who was lying in wait.

Edit: pubbies also like to throw flashbangs into a room and then just sit there, outside, waiting for god knows what.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 6, 2015

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
looking for PS4 dudes, TragedyOfCommons. Also is it just me or is Blitz much better than Montagne? Pistol seems a little more accurate and the utility of the flashe shield is super nice.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

On the other hand it's super annoying when you nobody leaves the room at all because there's almost always some way to breach above the room that nobody fortifies and it ends up loving everything up.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

On the other hand it's super annoying when you nobody leaves the room at all because there's almost always some way to breach above the room that nobody fortifies and it ends up loving everything up.

One roamer can be nice as well, to sneak up behind them or see where the cameras can't. I mean more the guys going Death or Glory at the end of the match, 20 seconds before you win.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
Yeah having someone roam around the level while I'm in place was initially bothersome but they can get behind shields or just give decent intel from their position and has more often than not killed at least 2 members of the enemy team.

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car
Shaq4Prez's guide to fixing audio problems:

No more complaining in mumble about people hot micing, no need to mute people.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Turning Record Threshold to 0 stops random mic bullshit.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
gently caress single headshot kills :colbert: annoying when i get sprayed down by some noob and he manages to hit me once in the head for a kill :mad: And its totally skill when I do it

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Anyone done any testing on if Fuze's grenade breaches could be neutralized with Jager anti-grenade things? I've seen one take out one or two of the grenades but not all. I'm wondering if putting multiple in the same area could keep a room safe from it.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
God loving drat it, why the gently caress cant i rejoin a game i get dropped from.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Keket posted:

God loving drat it, why the gently caress cant i rejoin a game i get dropped from.
It's a recognized issue.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

amitlu posted:

Anyone done any testing on if Fuze's grenade breaches could be neutralized with Jager anti-grenade things? I've seen one take out one or two of the grenades but not all. I'm wondering if putting multiple in the same area could keep a room safe from it.

They are, although it only seems to hit 3/4 of them. It takes two to get all of the cluster charges.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Great Beer posted:

They are, although it only seems to hit 3/4 of them. It takes two to get all of the cluster charges.

Yep, if you have good camera locations on your map and a decent team that will spot the other team early, don't place the Jager charges until you know what way they're coming from and when you do place them put them all in range of the same couple windows on that side. They won't be able to get anything through them.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0_Ywmr1Ikg

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Twitches shock drone is hilarious. People will drop what they're doing and run out of cover to chase that thing around. Timing a push into a room with the drone driving around makes for some easy kills.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

A couple of us found this out awhile ago, just never bothered to recreate it.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Been on the receiving end of this once. We spawned in the parking lot and the roamer killed most of our team. Then he was pleading in chat "I'M NOT CHEATING PLS DON'T REPORT"

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lmao did not a single goon buy this on xbox

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

let me rephrase that, is this game going to be dead on pc in 3 months like splinter cell blacklist

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That's a rather cryptic way to rephrase whatever is your agenda, you'll have to try a few more times I think.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

ethanol posted:

let me rephrase that, is this game going to be dead on pc in 3 months like splinter cell blacklist

Wow I'm not sure what I'll do then. Maybe I guess I could play other video games? I don't know I need to ask the internet if that's okay first.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i hate video games, whatever i'm going to go buy this on pc, see you on mumble i guess, for like.. 2 days until the game dies

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I think the game has a lot of staying power provided they fix the hit detection problems. Matchmaking has been pretty good lately, needs a little work but it's acceptable.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

The game has serious potential but we'll have to see if the needed polish is delivered.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I feel like I need to memorize every map to be even somewhat effective at this game. Maybe that's true with every game but this one seems more difficult because it's just a bunch of houses with 1000 rooms.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

afkmacro posted:

Wow I'm not sure what I'll do then. Maybe I guess I could play other video games? I don't know I need to ask the internet if that's okay first.

Wait you're playing this? How do I play this with you, I remember what a goddamn monster you were in Bad Company 2.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to try this out on, probably thursday

when i get my 980ti and a rainbow six siege key with it I think

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Keshik posted:

Wait you're playing this? How do I play this with you, I remember what a goddamn monster you were in Bad Company 2.

Awesome man get on CTS mumble there's usually a dozen people on playing. We'll kill and trash talk some randoms. I'm very bad at this though, I tend to throw grenades at the hostages and get shot in my feet a lot. I learned to check for those laser trip mines though so that's progress.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Wow. I had a couple games where I got shot suspiciously fast coming out of spawn, I wonder if this exploit was involved.

That said, running out as Tachanka and setting up a machinegun outside near a spawn sounds too amazing not to try to pull off once.

ethanol posted:

Maybe? I think there's more demand for another Rainbow Six manshooter on PC than there was for Spies vs Mercs again but 3v3 so I think it should last longer, but being matchmaking based does ensure it will meet an effective death spiral (where people stop waiting for matchmaking > making matchmaking take longer) eventually.

ethanol posted:

i hate video games, whatever i'm going to go buy this on pc, see you on mumble i guess, for like.. 2 days until the game dies
Sure see you in mumble!

AndrewP posted:

I feel like I need to memorize every map to be even somewhat effective at this game. Maybe that's true with every game but this one seems more difficult because it's just a bunch of houses with 1000 rooms.
Yes this is absolutely the case for this game. Map knowledge is ridiculously important, and that they ditched the map screen with room names really doesn't help. You just have to play until you get real familiar with the map. Apparently the situations get you a bit familiar with each map, and playing lone wolf or coop terrorist hunt is great too. But basically until you feel comfortable with each map just follow one of your teammates at all times, both defending and offending.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 6, 2015

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Some douche posted a thing on Reddit about it and it's been stickies so it probably won't be going away

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Catching exploits like that with FairFight is easier than catching actual cheaters, the only question is whether Ubisoft wants to punish the abuse of said exploits; If it gets widespread enough without a fix, I don't think it'll remain merely a question.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ok this game is.. pretty good but i suck at it holy poo poo i have never sucked this hard at an FPS

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

If you que solo, are you matched against another team of solo que'd players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Bandit and Kapkan are really great for jumping outside and scaring the poo poo out of the attackers and running off again, the only problem is the idiot GIGN guy screaming that you didn't get his armour plate.

You can sometimes solo the entire enemy team via hit and run while they try set up breach charges on the objective.

• Locked thread