Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Huh, the OVA with Volume 10 of Murata's manga version of this is rumoured to be 30 minutes long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
One Punch Man Anime starts workout craze. :woop:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Anime Maru is a pretty funny site.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Bad Seafood posted:

Anime Maru is a pretty funny site.

Don't ruin the dream for me. <:mad:>

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
As a non-reader, I thought the split after the the Sea King KO was brilliant. It does a great job of playing with expectations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

As a non-reader, I thought the split after the the Sea King KO was brilliant. It does a great job of playing with expectations.
Agreed, it drives the point home harder that Saitama isn't getting the recognition he deserves. It does lessen the impact of Saitama downplaying his recent victory though. Apples and oranges I guess!

Like, this is the only point of the anime so far that is arguably not on par with people's skyhigh expectations, and even then it's debatable if it's worse or not.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Jagchosis posted:

Someone made a much better One Punch Man Fallout 4 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQG6n35PKuI

I finally got to watch this.

:allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want 'em. There's going to be a special One Punch Man sale at the Laforet Harajuku department store between the 7th and the 26th.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Those are some sweet shoes, but "Two Kicks Man" doesn't sound quite as good a comic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You've heard of One Punch Man, get ready for Many Kicks Woman.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
The first OVA is out, just not in English yet :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just started watching this. I like that the jokes are actually funny instead of just anime funny.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
I used to read the Murata re-draw with some regularity, but stopped because of the erratic update schedule and such. While the manga did a spectacular job conveying motion and delivery, the anime's done a great job of keeping things kinetic and visually engaging while also relatively easy to follow. I like Genos's fight scenes in particular in that he seems to have real momentum and physical presence relative to what I'm used to seeing in anime; in the episode where he fights the Armored Gorilla, at one point he gets thrown back/jumps back/whatever and lands, and you can see and hear him taking a bunch of steps to accelerate back toward his opponent but he can't right away - he's just fighting against the slide of his feet against the pavement, so he just sorta runs in place, like trying to go up the down escalator. I also like that he uses his hand-blasters to manipulate his momentum to either accelerate or spin; the anime has done a pretty superb job making Genos in particular come off as visually spectacular, which is making me appreciate him a lot more than when I read the manga. When he's the Eternal Straight Man in a cast of characters that is otherwise pretty diverse and interesting, it's important to give him an opportunity to shine, and if it isn't via jokes, it ought to be with the shounen fight-mans times.

License-less Rider is still the best, though.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
So is Tornado the S Class rank 1 or is that someone else?

and yeah Mumen Rider is the best.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

You'll be learning all about the s-classes on the next episode.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jagchosis posted:

Someone made a much better One Punch Man Fallout 4 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQG6n35PKuI

Holy poo poo

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Rank 1 is someone else. She's like rank 2.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The OVA included with Vol.10 has English subs out now. They're not super good though and I don't know if it's okay to link to them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The OVA included with Vol.10 has English subs out now. They're not super good though and I don't know if it's okay to link to them.

The rule is it's ok to link unless it's legally available, isn't it?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mob Psycho looks really drat good by the time you catch up, his environment work is stellar

Uh, ONE has his assistants do environments for him, he just does characters and action stuff. Said so himself in the last chapter's omake, where he also posted his sketches.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I posted that before that omake came out :colbert:.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

TheKingofSprings posted:

The rule is it's ok to link unless it's legally available, isn't it?
They do.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So, I watched the OVA and it actually caused an emotion I am not used to when it comes to OPM: boredom. Christ, that was bland and uninteresting.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

e X posted:

So, I watched the OVA and it actually caused an emotion I am not used to when it comes to OPM: boredom. Christ, that was bland and uninteresting.

Yeah, it was not very good at all, especially compared to the pacing and quality the rest of the anime has been setting. That was 15 minutes that easily could've been 5 minutes, or possibly even less. It just wasn't a strong enough side story to carry that run time, not even close.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Anyone wanna sum it up? :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ChaosArgate posted:

In 20 words or less.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Genos is the best student

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The OAV isnt bad at all if you are into the series.

the hilariously bad hero concept, which fits perfectly into the OPM universe, was pretty funny as well as how Saitama handles it in classic saitama fashion "Thanks, but no." Plus this is a really funny setup, that Saitama used to live in a hive of scum and villainy. This is the apartment thats still standing after the meteor hits, the one he gets kicked out of. I mean its hilarious, he gets rid of all his landlords tenants for bounties to pay for his rent, thats the best.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 6, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The OVA's problem is actually that it's too much OPM. It'd work better at 15 minutes or a little less. The BD OVAs are said to be around that length so they should be better.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

ChaosArgate posted:

Saitama rips his track suit, so he takes it to his tailor. His tailor tells him to get a proper suit, but can't do it himself because he is closing shop due to loans. Saitama goes to the loan agency to find they are charging criminal rates, then shuts them down and turns them in for the reward. It turns out the criminals were living in the same apartment he lived in, and they were bribing his landlady, so Saitama gets kicked out of his house. In gratitude, the tailor makes Saitama his super suit that he has been seen wearing ever since.

It's a solid concept for a story but could've been executed a lot better in a shorter time frame. The jokes are really padded out and it ruins their delivery.

The OVA's problem is actually that it's too much OPM. It'd work better at 15 minutes or a little less. The BD OVAs are said to be around that length so they should be better.

The OVA is 15 minutes. It would be better if it were only like, 5 or 6 minutes.

vvv oh would you look at that, I wasn't even paying attention. Yeah that probably has even more to do with it, this side story was NOT worth an entire episode's time.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 6, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Vol 10 OVA is 24 minutes long.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
New episode is great, King is great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, that episode was a masterpiece.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

its perfect

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The S class heros are Perfect.

So looks like boros is going down episode 11 maybe, so 12 will be a cliffhanger?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I loving live for ONE-style Tornado

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I loving live for ONE-style Tornado

http://i.imgur.com/pvbB2NQ.gif

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Waiting for next week is going to be difficult.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
This episode had some really great faces

Also, was that sasuke voicing melgezald? (or however you write his name)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

I was unsure when the episode started with some original content but then they went and dropped Tatsumaki like a tactical nuke and everything was awesome.

• Locked thread