Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Hit the gym this morning, still sore as poo poo from Wednesday, forgot I have two foam rollers! Roll that poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Hurt my back doing squats last week - nothing major, just a bit of a twinge when I move suddenly, or bend over. The pain is around mid-back level on the left hand side. Should I stop lifting for a while, or will it be ok to focus on upper body work (chest arms and shoulders, maybe giving back a miss)?

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Visited my folks who live a in a different state. Wanted to work out. They have a membership to this place called Workout Anytime that isn't open on sundays.

It isn't even open late during weekdays.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Party Alarm posted:

Visited my folks who live a in a different state. Wanted to work out. They have a membership to this place called Workout Anytime that isn't open on sundays.

It isn't even open late during weekdays.

I'm just going to guess it's a bible belt state.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Motivation.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Pesmerga posted:

Hurt my back doing squats last week - nothing major, just a bit of a twinge when I move suddenly, or bend over. The pain is around mid-back level on the left hand side. Should I stop lifting for a while, or will it be ok to focus on upper body work (chest arms and shoulders, maybe giving back a miss)?

A slight "twinge" doesn't sound like anything to be worried about, if that's all it is. Though, I would try to avoid workouts that secondarily target the back. You can probably try working that twinge out with a foam roller.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Do you think the other guys know I lift? Do you think they think I'm big?

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Motivation.

I may as well have been doing that today, my whole left side is weak and crap unless I concentrate super hard

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

FogHelmut posted:

Do you think the other guys know I lift? Do you think they think I'm big?

Wear a DYEL sleeveless tee

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

gently caress everyone who supersets across multiple pieces of equipment

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
5x10 squats make me want to die.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

bamhand posted:

5x10 squats make me want to die.

Sounds like you don't enjoy working out.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I enjoy dying. The swole angel of death.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

gently caress everyone who supersets across multiple pieces of equipment

If there's one place where New Year's Resolutioners run into negative feedback it's when they pick a rotation-station program and try and tie up 2-4 pieces of equipment.

Men's Health et al are the worst offenders for promotion b.s. like this.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

notZaar posted:

Sounds like you don't enjoy working out.

Correct. I can't feel my legs.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC2QLorSKss

Zev
Apr 3, 2009
You've all heard about Mark Rippetoe and his Wichita Falls Athletic Club? The stories about skinny dudes gaining weight and getting strong? http://startingstrength.com/articles/novice_effect_rippetoe.pdf

It's true. All of it. The gomad. The gains. They're real.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FogHelmut posted:

I enjoy dying. The swole angel of death.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Third day back at the gym, the pain is subsiding, but not fast enough.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
There's a dude who comes into my gym wearing one of those high altitude simulation masks.

Lately he's been coming into the gym dressed like Bane.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

There's a dude who comes into my gym wearing one of those high altitude simulation masks.

Anybody willing to do the former won't be able to resist the latter.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
How do I disguise my horrible wobbly legs 2 days after leg day? People are starting to suspect that I may not actually be a polio victim

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Zev posted:

You've all heard about Mark Rippetoe and his Wichita Falls Athletic Club? The stories about skinny dudes gaining weight and getting strong? http://startingstrength.com/articles/novice_effect_rippetoe.pdf

It's true. All of it. The gomad. The gains. They're real.

are you the broke rear end college kid

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

ElGroucho posted:

How do I disguise my horrible wobbly legs 2 days after leg day? People are starting to suspect that I may not actually be a polio victim

Why are you limiting yourself to only a single leg day

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
Let's have a look at today's top athletes

Time to hit the gym, leg day today.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Switched from a Sports university gym to a more commercial 24 hour gym to fit in with my schedule better and my god some of the strange behaviours I've seen.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Renegret posted:

One guy here tried that too. Only wore it 3 times, I guess the people starring at him and/or snickering behind his back was just too much for him

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If you don't do a hardcore max weight squat set every day at the gym why are you even working out. "Leg day" smdh

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
Please do all the major compound lifts twice a week.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Renegret posted:

...high altitude training works because it forces your body to produce more red blood cells. Those masks just stop you breathing as well so what's the point of them? Why would you want to get a swole diaphragm?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
THEY MAKE UR FUCKEN DICK BIGGER YOU RETARDED IDIOT PISSBITCH CROSSFIT (trademark)(r) A FUCKEN LIAR I KNOW 100 US NAVY SEALS YOU human being AND THSY ALL CAN LEVITATE CUZ THEYRS JEDIS BECAUSE THAY WORE THOSE MASKS YOU FUCKINF PUSSY YOU DONT KNOW

literally

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
*picture of retards running around in plate carriers at crossfit games*

2015 cross fit sponsored by 5.11

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Why are you limiting yourself to only a single leg day

Is everyday leg day? :eyepop:

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
*on a 3d holographic banner beamed directly to your fucken brain*

2076 CROSSFIT GAMES FIRST EVENT FUCKEN AMERICAN GLADIATORS CUZ WE RAN OUT OF IDIOTIC poo poo TO DO SPONSORED BY ANAVAR2000 BRAND PROTEIN

RICH DRONING SQUARES OFF AGAINST STEROID MCBUTTPLUG OH MY gently caress RICH JUST DID IT HE WONNNNNNN FUCKEN AGAINNNNN HE JUST RIPPED THE OTHER GUYS FUCKEN BALLS RIGHT OFF LETS HEAR WHAT KELLY STARRETT HAS TO SAY

WELL BOB YOU SEE RICH INTERNALLY ROTATED HIS HIP CAPSULE TO CREATE NECESSARY ROTATIONAL FORCES TO SELL YOU ROGUE BJAARGLR BARGELSJFUYFCHXJZKSKTBLOODBLOODBLOODVL*

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
CAN ANYBODY DEFEAT RICH FRONING ???!!! THE GRERATEST ATHLETE OF ALL TIME IN THIS NICHE "SPORT"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The legs are inarguably the most important meat on the body.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

notZaar posted:

The legs are inarguably the most important meat on the body.

And the most delicious too

Zev
Apr 3, 2009

Fallows posted:

are you the broke rear end college kid

Pshhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Actual high-altitude training rooms were a fad back in the 90's, but that seems to have burned out and been replaced by cold therapy and crossfit. Fitness attracts the weirdest cargo cult motherfuckers.

• Locked thread