Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Siis Suomi on kirjaimellisesti Pohjois-Korea, tai jos ei ole niin ei olla enää kaukana. Aivan samassa kategoriassa painitaan jo.

Well that was mercifully short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Hob_Gadling posted:

The most interesting points about the whole show:

1) People were prepared terribly. There was way too much stream-of-consciousness going on.
2) One artist in several slots looks desperate.
3) The rhetoric was massively aggressive. I've not heard such speech ever publicly. I wonder if it's a sign of something.

Don't forget the artists doing crazy poo poo on stage and some of the music being so incredibly bad it went straight to greatness. Also, that absoludicrous anti-dystopian robot video.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

What a lovely weather to stir poo poo on the streets.

Ilta-Sanomat's live stream: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1449416244628.html

edit: well I think it stopped raining now

Zat fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 6, 2015

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Zat posted:

What a lovely weather to stir poo poo on the streets.

Ainakin paska keli näyttää ketkä ovat vakavissaan aatteistaan.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Jumankauta, eka kerta pieneen ikuisuuteen, kun puoliso on poissa kotoa ja voi rauhassa vetää kalsarikännit viron tuliaisilla. Siinä vaakakupissa ei vannoutuneimmankaan idealistin aatteet paina.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hazamuth posted:

Jumankauta, eka kerta pieneen ikuisuuteen, kun puoliso on poissa kotoa ja voi rauhassa vetää kalsarikännit viron tuliaisilla. Siinä vaakakupissa ei vannoutuneimmankaan idealistin aatteet paina.

Raaskit sitten päästää siipan yksinään ulos kivittämään mäkkäreitä ja/tai vastaanottokeskuksia?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

I'm really looking forward to our centennial celebration at 2017. Will there be a similar mood as in the first independence day?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I predict a riot, in one years time

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Fish of hemp posted:

I'm really looking forward to our centennial celebration at 2017. Will there be a similar mood as in the first independence day?

If the economy stays where it's at now, we are going to see Mäntsälän kapina 2.0 and this time, I don't think a radio speech is going to tame it.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
*Yawn*

What a boring independence day. Where are the promised kahakat ja pyörätelineheiton SM-kisat?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Gortarius posted:

*Yawn*

What a boring independence day. Where are the promised kahakat ja pyörätelineheiton SM-kisat?

markot jäi kotiin kun oli niin huono sää

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Hogge Wild posted:

markot jäi kotiin kun oli niin huono sää

Hmm, perhaps so...

But what about markorepairs? What did he do? It looks like his last youtub vid is from three days ago, I have a feeling he has gotten himself in trouble again.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
*throws rocks at police*

*gets a black eye from a rubber bullet bouncing up and hitting him near the eye*

argrhghghh huge unjustice police are out of control

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Fish of hemp posted:

That reminds me... hyvää itsenäisyyspäivää suomipoikat! Tapahtu mitä tahansaa, te ootte ainakin parempiä kun ruotsinpojat. Vapaus!!

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Fish of hemp posted:

The slogan is "yhdessä" ie "together". Which is strange considering how the country was ripped apart by a bitter and bloody civil war right after independence and now, 100 years later things are going, at least a little bit, in that direction.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004
My life-long belief in the unconditional truthfulness of Finnish politicians was also shattered last week.

loving Stubb why did you do this to me? Doesn't he realize that this changes everything?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Takku.net:istä:

quote:

Poliisi väittää twitterissä, että "naamioituna esiintyminen on laitonta". Väite ei pidä paikkaansa, laki ei naamioita kiellä. Oikea rikoslain kohta kuuluu:

"Joka yleisellä paikalla järjestettävän yleisen kokouksen tai yleisötilaisuuden yhteydessä taikka muussa yleisön kokoontumisessa yleisellä paikalla esiintyy tunnistamattomaksi naamioituneena ilmeisenä tarkoituksenaan ryhtyä käyttämään henkilöön kohdistuvaa väkivaltaa tai vahingoittamaan omaisuutta, on tuomittava laittomasta naamioitumisesta sakkoon tai vankeuteen enintään kolmeksi kuukaudeksi"

Tätä lainkohtaa poliisi mielellään väärinkäyttää, koska näin saadaan laillinen mielenilmaus estettyä. Saatujen tietojen mukaan ensimmäiset konspiratiiviset kiinniotot on tehty ja kahdelta toverilta on rikottu matkapuhelin ja suljettu nettipankki. Lisäksi heitä oli uhattu "muilutuksella", jos osallistuvat Helsingin fasisminvastaiseen mielenilmaukseen.

olen konspiratiivinen kiinniotto

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Jesus what loving lame poo poo. Finnish anarchists suck. Finnish fascists suck. Only reason anyone watches either is because it's fun to watch either to fight. If you are looking for either or, please skip this post.

Just for an independence declaration for everybody. If I was half as racist as some KANTAFinnish people were against immigrants, I would think that every KANTAFinnish person was a huge racist without any redeeming feature whatsoever. That is just from one Finnish independence day and how many times I've been called "friend of the family" today. I am also half ethnic Finnish person born in Finland so don't loving try to tell me I don't know what it is. People who paint all foreign refugees with the same brush are the lowest losers of this whole country - again, I have been hanging out with 110% Finnish people this whole night (literal family & friends)so I know what I am talking about. Also I m actual Finnish person born in Finland, not that it matters to refugee haters. People who hate refugees are the scum of this country and 90% of party representatives interviewed today agrees with that so you know you know you are losing the battle. gently caress you, good night, you suck so much that I don't even have to note your loser conservative asses in any tangible fashion besides at the moment (and not through my own choice), and in how it affects movements who actually matter, and in the end don't really matter that much at all.

This is the best country in the world, partly because we treat everyone as individuals. Greatly because we are given a free entertainment platform to follow people who are mad because we don't treat people as one dark mass with same aspects forever. Hysterics are endlessly entertaining, and have been for years, because all their policies have been hand crafted for terrified retards. Terrified retards are, in a dark way, endlessly entertaining.

I'll reply later to Geriatric Pirate, who I respect very much for the single fact that he replies to posts with actual effort. Treating people as individuals is actually a big part of that reply. :)

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 7, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol: if anyone read that.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Jerry Cotton posted:

You can laugh harder because I just did and I don't understand the gently caress it's about anymore.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Extreme0 posted:

You can laugh harder because I just did and I don't understand the gently caress it's about anymore.

Oh then it's probably an idiot having a meltdown on an internet forum?

If I was correct, make me IK of this thread for a week :mrwhite:

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh then it's probably an idiot having a meltdown on an internet forum?

If I was correct, make me IK of this thread for a week :mrwhite:

Meltdowns are common in the D&D.

It just has to be a good meltdown to be actually worth paying attention too and that's not one of them.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

DarkCrawler posted:

People who paint all foreign refugees with the same brush are the lowest losers of this whole country

This is a large part of the problem and what aggravates their racism. When you feel that you already are at the low end of the societal pecking order and about to lose whatever little relevance you have left in the world, you are more likely to treat other people like poo poo.

Also sorry for your ID6 experience :(

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

pituudesta päätellen veikkaan että teos käsittelee napoleonin sotaretkeä venäjällä

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's bit of a meltdown but more of a ridicolously ridicolous drunkpost that I don't even honestly remember writing. I'm not even at home did I really write that all by phone? :stare:

gently caress I am still a little bit drunk this hangover is going to kill me when it hits

goodbye Finnish thread

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
bye

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
vedä tasoittavat maanantaikännit

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1449380169911?ref=hs-mob-prio1-1

This government :allears:

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

What do you think, is this government more incompetent or mean?

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

It was fun standing in the rain watching various demonstrations, my favorite was the anarchists.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Fish of hemp posted:

What do you think, is this government more incompetent or mean?

I'm trying to imagine a reality, where the government decided to _really_ pander to their constituencies (and not just their bankrollers). We could have a thousand year kepu-kok government.

At this rate it's back to awkward grand coalition governments.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

It's bit of a meltdown but more of a ridicolously ridicolous drunkpost that I don't even honestly remember writing. I'm not even at home did I really write that all by phone? :stare:

gently caress I am still a little bit drunk this hangover is going to kill me when it hits

goodbye Finnish thread

You wrote a kännipostaus where you said Finland is cool and good, except for the racists who are bad and dumb. That's barely Jari Tervo känni, koita kännipostata Pekka Siitoin-kännissä (PS älä koita tätä)

edit This is more känniposting than your känniposting, you're not even trying

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Dec 7, 2015

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

Jesus what loving lame poo poo. Finnish anarchists suck. Finnish fascists suck. Only reason anyone watches either is because it's fun to watch either to fight. If you are looking for either or, please skip this post.

:yarg:

I'll reply later to Geriatric Pirate, who I respect very much for the single fact that he replies to posts with actual effort. Treating people as individuals is actually a big part of that reply. :)

I actually agree with what you're saying.

Here's my take on last night:
- I really loving hate nazis and I really hate it when people try to claim that what happened yesterday, was not a nazi march. It plainly was.
- Even though I agree with the basic idea of countering a nazi march with a demonstration, the counter demonstrators (who weren't all anarchists, though most probably were) went about it in a very dumb way that basically made things worse and just ended up making the nazis look good. Counter productive, destructive even. So gently caress that!
- No matter which way I look at it, it saddens me that the police protected a nazi march. That just plain feels wrong.
- The police probably shouldn't have shot at the counter demonstrators and they probably just wanted to try out their new toys in action. That's not cool and I don't want Finland to go there.

All this is basically just depressing as hell. Thanks everyone involved for loving up a perfectly good country!

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Yes it's wrong that the police protected a registered and peaceful march from a unregistered group of violent hooligans. So terribly wrong, country ruined.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Oldsmobile posted:

- I really loving hate nazis and I really hate it when people try to claim that what happened yesterday, was not a nazi march. It plainly was.
- Even though I agree with the basic idea of countering a nazi march with a demonstration, the counter demonstrators (who weren't all anarchists, though most probably were) went about it in a very dumb way that basically made things worse and just ended up making the nazis look good. Counter productive, destructive even. So gently caress that!
- No matter which way I look at it, it saddens me that the police protected a nazi march. That just plain feels wrong.
- The police probably shouldn't have shot at the counter demonstrators and they probably just wanted to try out their new toys in action. That's not cool and I don't want Finland to go there.

All this is basically just depressing as hell. Thanks everyone involved for loving up a perfectly good country!

tuon kaltainen ajattelu sitä natsismia vasta onkin

jos alamme mielivaltaisesti poistamaan joiltain ihmisryhmiltä kokoontumisoikeutta ja oikeutta koskemattomuuteen niin kyllä ne oikeudet poistuvat sinultakin aikanaan

minä vältyin joutumasta poliisien ampumaksi sillä tavalla että join kaljat kotona enkä mennyt heittelemään sikoja niillä. tosin uskon että molemmat puolet olivat tyytyväisiä koska paskalakit tykkäävät ampua ja antifantit tykkääväät kun heitä ammutaan

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Hogge Wild posted:

minä vältyin joutumasta poliisien ampumaksi sillä tavalla että join kaljat kotona enkä mennyt heittelemään sikoja niillä

“Ideology is not constituted by abstract propositions in themselves, rather, ideology is itself this very texture of the lifeworld which ‘schematizes’ the propositions, rendering them 'livable.’ […] Which is why, if there is an ideological experience at its purest, at its zero-level, then it occurs the moment we adopt an attitude of ironic distance, laughing at the follies in which we are ready to believe - it is at this moment of liberating laughter, when we look down on the absurdity of our faith, that we become pure subjects of ideology, that ideology exerts its strongest hold over us. "

-Slavoj Zizek. Living in the End Times. London: Verso, 2011. pp. 3-4.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Oldsmobile posted:

Except that it wasn't a nazi march. Which sort of makes the rest of your post irrelevant.

But otherwise I agree.

Hogge Wild posted:

tuon kaltainen ajattelu sitä natsismia vasta onkin

jos alamme mielivaltaisesti poistamaan joiltain ihmisryhmiltä kokoontumisoikeutta ja oikeutta koskemattomuuteen niin kyllä ne oikeudet poistuvat sinultakin aikanaan

minä vältyin joutumasta poliisien ampumaksi sillä tavalla että join kaljat kotona enkä mennyt heittelemään sikoja niillä. tosin uskon että molemmat puolet olivat tyytyväisiä koska paskalakit tykkäävät ampua ja antifantit tykkääväät kun heitä ammutaan

Unironicallty the most intelligent post in this thread for a while.

edit:

DarkCrawler posted:

goodbye Finnish thread

Whatever his faults me be, and when he gets to these OCD -fueled posting wars he annoys me, this man is at least honest and how can you not like someone who made that post :haw: :haw:

*viinaltahaisevakrapulahali*

Don't stay away for too long, I for one would miss u!

Ligur fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 7, 2015

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

quote:

Syksy Räsänen
2 t · Muokattu ·
Yesterday, I was at the racist "Independent Finland 2015" event and at the fascist 612 march organised by the National Resistance Movement. A few short observations, I should write more as time permits.
1) Never in my life have I been to such a fascist and scary event, outside Israel. Onstage, a nazi salute was made (with "Heil Hitler!"), a list of politicians to kill and torture (tortures were detailed) was sung out 'humorously', sodomisation of a well-known female politician with a cactus was discussed, and so on. [EDIT: The event was opened by Laura Huhtasaari, an MP from Perussuomalaiset, the second biggest party in parliament.]
2) I don't agree with the way anarchists tried to disrupt the nazi march, but claiming that the police were only there to make sure freedom of speech and assembly is respected is incorrect. The police removed the priest Kai Sadinmaa for just standing with a sign saying "Love the immigrant" (this according to his report, I didn't see this with my own eyes), and also removed a man standing on the sidewalk shouting "all different, all equal" to the nazis on the march, and -as usual- the police were very keen to fight against anarchists, not just protect people.
The police were there to protect racist speech and a nazi propaganda and recruiting event, suppress dissenting voices and fight against the anarchists. I'm pretty sure that this was not their self-perception (except maybe for the part about fighting anarchists), but this is what they did.
3) People have commented on how the far right should have the right to march on the streets, and we should not ban demonstrations based on their political views. Let's say we agree on this. However, the National Resistance Movement is not just putting forth a political vision, they are using violence to try to implement it. In other words, they are a terrorist organisation: in fact, an international network of organisations using violence against civilians, with the stated goal of overthrowing governments (and demolishing their independence, by the way) in one Leader-led nazi state. Their members have been convicted of serious crimes.
Yet, with all the furor about terrorism, has there been a single voice in the mainstream arguing have been arrested when they show up in demonstrations in public? Just imagine if this was an Islamist movement.
4) Incitement against Muslims, refugees, leftists, mainstream media and establishment politicians has reached such levels that I think it's only a question of time when people will be killed. When that happens, I don't want to see a single crocodile tear from those (including people at Helsingin Sanomat) who have kept on promoting racist incitement even as things have gotten more and more extreme
PS. I believe Max Blumenthal got wonderful footage of the events, he's doing a documentary on the Finnish far right for the Real News Network.

https://www.facebook.com/syys.ar/posts/1273488292668663?pnref=story

And yes, it was a nazi march. They were hailing Hitler and whatnot.

And taking away the right to hate speech and inciting violence will not encroach on the rights of the rest of us, quite the contrary.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Oldsmobile posted:

And yes, it was a nazi march. They were hailing Hitler and whatnot.

And taking away the right to hate speech and inciting violence will not encroach on the rights of the rest of us, quite the contrary.

BS. There was no heiling hitler apart from some singular drunk (which almost nobody on the march even noticed, I didn't) as far as I know. And having followed the event I probably do know.

Of course if you have a kansallismielinen marssi, you will get nationalists and hitlers in the mix, but that doesn't make the whole event so. There might be humanoids involved, but that doesn't make it an alien invasion advocacy march.

What interestes me is that why do, time and time again, want to believe the nazis are lurking everywhere? What do you get out of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Ligur posted:

BS. There was no heiling hitler apart from some singular drunk (which almost nobody on the march even noticed, I didn't) as far as I know. And having followed the event I probably do know.

Of course if you have a kansallismielinen marssi, you will get nationalists and hitlers in the mix, but that doesn't make the whole event so. There might be humanoids involved, but that doesn't make it an alien invasion advocacy march.

What interestes me is that why do, time and time again, want to believe the nazis are lurking everywhere? What do you get out of it?

Nazis aren't lurking anywhere, but they sure as hell were involved in a hyper nationalistic Triumph Des Williens -style march in Helsinki on Independence day.

And you were there?