Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Magnus Praeda posted:

Lockpicks and a clear plastic lock! I've managed to unlock it once already!
Sounds like a learning tool for your wife. ;)

Enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I'm having a bit of hard time figuring out what to get for my santee. I don't have any cool broken stuff lying around like some of you guys.

Please don't be disappointed when you get my present, santee :ohdear:

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane

KozmoNaut posted:

I don't have any cool broken stuff lying around like some of you guys.

That means you just arnt trying hard enough.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm having a bit of hard time figuring out what to get for my santee. I don't have any cool broken stuff lying around like some of you guys.

Please don't be disappointed when you get my present, santee :ohdear:
My santee's gift has to go across the atlantic, which puts the brakes on the comedy potential for stuff I could send in terms of large lumps of metal.

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Santa arrived! :yotj:

Pretty heavy. Can't wait to see what's inside.

Oooooo a card!

Great card.

Sweet! Magnet and candy!

A garbage bag full of flyers?

Beer! Craft Beer! From Oregon!

We've got three Pale Ales, and three Double Red Ales.

Didn't get a shot of it alone, but I also got this weird bottle of mustard, I can't read the Mexican all over it so I'm not sure about it. Taste's off.

Also it wasn't t really possible to get a picture of it, but he also sent me a wicked car cover, to keep my new civic nice and cozy.

Thanks a bunch Santa, BLK! The beers are in the Canadian Cooler (on my front step) getting cold, I'm gonna try one of each tonight.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Got mine boxed up to drop off in the morning.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

You guys really are on the ball.

I got a package, though.

I ordered these myself, for myself. Santee, I'm going to turn some metal into smaller metal for you!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

My AISS was hard to shop for this time, fortunately I have 1 major thing that I hope s/he'll like, now time to get some filler and wait for the first item to arrive so I can ship out.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

ilkhan posted:

And some metal shaft...thing?

PTO input shaft off a something I guess.

That is the input shaft from a 4 or 5 speed manual RWD or 4WD transmission with a direct 4th gear. Based on the flat spots in the synchro dog tooth pattern I would guess it's from a T5 with a burned up input bearing... and I think I know who your santa was :v:

I've got some of my santee's poo poo picked out and bought, need to pack it up and ship it tonight.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Kastein is right. Thats the original input shaft from when I did the T5 conversion on the C10. I thought the Stitch sticker would have been the dead giveaway. Also did you find the book ilkhan? In the envelope marked NWS?

E: nevermind, just saw the pics. The descriptions on the back of that book are the funniest poo poo. I was dying laughing trying to read them to my friend before I packed it up.

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 7, 2015

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fart Pipe posted:

Kastein is right. Thats the original input shaft from when I did the T5 conversion on the C10. I thought the Stitch sticker would have been the dead giveaway. Also did you find the book ilkhan? In the envelope marked NWS?

E: nevermind, just saw the pics. The descriptions on the back of that book are the funniest poo poo. I was dying laughing trying to read them to my friend before I packed it up.

Chuck Tingle is a legend.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?

Safety Dance posted:

You guys really are on the ball.

I got a package, though.

I ordered these myself, for myself. Santee, I'm going to turn some metal into smaller metal for you!

What am I looking at here? Never seen this tool before.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Deceptor101 posted:

What am I looking at here? Never seen this tool before.

These are indexable carbide tool bits for use on a lathe. $30 or so from Amazon. If they suck, I've got high speed steel tool blanks that I can grind to make the tools I need.

My santee is (very hopefully) going to get a precision work of art cut out of an aluminum cylinder.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Fart Pipe posted:

I did, but haven't had a chance to read through it yet. And cool poo poo on the history of the input shaft.

With rare exception I don't pay much attention to names, but if others can guess it was you that's cool.

Thanks.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

ilkhan posted:

I did, but haven't had a chance to read through it yet. And cool poo poo on the history of the input shaft.

With rare exception I don't pay much attention to names, but if others can guess it was you that's cool.

Thanks.

I was sad to give away the Honda hatch matchbox. Thats the first rust free one Ive seen in New England in years :v:

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
Almost got my box ready to send. Just gotta get a chunk of metal from an engine to send with it and I'll be done.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Oh god yeah machine that aluminum

What's this? 2000 grit sandpaper? Do you have any idea how many grits that is? This poo poo's so silky smooth I'd stick it in my own anus. Not that I'm gonna. Nah, this is for my santee's use only.

Aw poo poo yeah knurling operation and a fuckup where I ran the knurling tool into that big chamfer there authentic hand crafted look and feel.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Presents for my santee are purchased and should be arriving here by next monday, where they'll be packed up and shipped out with some other goodies.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?

Safety Dance posted:

These are indexable carbide tool bits for use on a lathe. $30 or so from Amazon. If they suck, I've got high speed steel tool blanks that I can grind to make the tools I need.

My santee is (very hopefully) going to get a precision work of art cut out of an aluminum cylinder.

That's awesome, and what you made is awesome. Well done!

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I just ordered my santee's gifts, they should be here by the end of the week! Gotta go rummage through the basement and garage to find some high quality broken poo poo.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
There is a present inbound to my Santee. I'm not sure what the ETA will be, but give it a week and we'll see. Hopefully my Santee will enjoy it!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Amazon order is placed, gotta go by the swanky liquor store tonight to get part deux out.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Had mixed luck for my santee. I still need to rummage around and find more poo poo to throw in the box.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Amazon order for my Santee is placed as well. I should get everything mailed out this weekend.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Depending on the age of my Santee they will have never been exposed to one of my gifts.
Given their posting I'm certain the second part of said gift go over just fine.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Got all of my stuff in order, I'll get to the post office sometime this week.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Still tracking some stuff down for my Santee. Hopefully my gift wont end up being lame.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
My box of junk has shipped. Enjoy!~

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Just waiting on an item from amazon then I'm good to go.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My lucky santee gets the infamous shitbox horn made famous by my super awesome shitbox thread (good job)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdsBoHMlBok

Gonna be sent out soon! :dance:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Woop, got what I want for my victim santee, now to find a way to ship it...

He better appreciate it :sassargh:

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

And my package is off to a foreign land. Post office says it should be there before Christmas, Santee!

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Safety Dance posted:

Oh god yeah machine that aluminum

What's this? 2000 grit sandpaper? Do you have any idea how many grits that is? This poo poo's so silky smooth I'd stick it in my own anus. Not that I'm gonna. Nah, this is for my santee's use only.

Aw poo poo yeah knurling operation and a fuckup where I ran the knurling tool into that big chamfer there authentic hand crafted look and feel.

That's loving awesome.

I'm currently stressing about my santees gift arriving with enough time for me to get it to the opposite coast before Christmas.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Blergh, waiting for payday suuuuuucks but tomorrow! Tomorrow will be the day! Tomorrow things are shipped and stuff be bought.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Package packed and shipped to one unlucky goon!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I still can't figure out what that is, aside from possibly a very uncomfortable looking buttplug.

All my crap is boxed up and ready to send. Need to hit the post office tomorrow.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Looks like a custom flashlight case? Maybe?

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
shift lever with integrated knob?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
My best guess is something to punch in t-nuts with, but that explains neither the knurling nor the choice of material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Enourmo posted:

Looks like a custom flashlight case? Maybe?

Seems kinda small for that.

Edit: Oh, FLASH-light. Ha.

• Locked thread