Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Those easiest to get in the deal packs or are the farmable from later levels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

You get lots of clear tickets from villain siege once you can do several stages a day. You also get some free every day if you whale out.

Do you own one of those plastic drinking birds? You could rig one up with a corpse's fingertip and use that as a mechanical clear ticket. Warning: may violate TOS, I didn't check.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Applied to Doctor goons and ICAMEFORREVENGE as Hotbobaloo. Feel free to friend me as well.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

You get lots of clear tickets from villain siege once you can do several stages a day. You also get some free every day if you whale out.

Do you own one of those plastic drinking birds? You could rig one up with a corpse's fingertip and use that as a mechanical clear ticket. Warning: may violate TOS, I didn't check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ68_3LTVKQ

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Out til Friday. Everybody have a good one!! Keep the guild strong <3

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Auto play makes this a great hangover game

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wow currently 30,000 feet in the air doing auto play on the wifi.

This is the greatest day.

And hungover.

And my guys are just killing it. Time to farm bios while over the Gulf of Mexico

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Superior Spiderman is really good. Team of Ultron Prime, Blastpin, and Superior Spiderman is really cool.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, I've sent friend requests to everyone who posted in the thread. I'm Kheldarn in game as well, so if you haven't posted, feel free to send a request.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am bringing it.

7% will net me 180 crystals if I can somehow maintain for 4 days without playing... Oh god.

So this was new: I played against a Throot in TL Battle and was dominating...but then Throot starts healing.

And healing.

And healing.

So I defeat him.

And then he resurrects and defeats two of my guys!!!

Today I learned not to gently caress with Throot in TL Battle. Barely won.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Drythe posted:

Superior Spiderman is really good. Team of Ultron Prime, Blastpin, and Superior Spiderman is really cool.

This is the team I'm aiming for too. Right now I'm Ultron/Kingpin/MODOK but once I get the Blastpin uniform MODOK probably has to move to Team 2.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So I should use my rank 4 ticket on one of the harder-to-rank-up characters like Nico or Shulk, right? Just hold onto it until they need it?

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Applied to doctor goons as chrisrf.
I assume the honor and chaos tokens are best spent on the power up items and not the bios?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

chrisf posted:

I assume the honor and chaos tokens are best spent on the power up items and not the bios?
No. Those bios can't be farmed in any other way, unlike the norn stones. If you're not particularly interested in the heroes on offer, just hang on to the tokens for now. There is a maximum amount of them you can have, but it's pretty high.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 6, 2015

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Wow currently 30,000 feet in the air doing auto play on the wifi.

This is the greatest day.

And hungover.

And my guys are just killing it. Time to farm bios while over the Gulf of Mexico

Truly the greatest game; farming bios while making bios. Put that in my freaking bio. You could probably even farm bios while bioing in your pants while taking an AP bio final.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Kelp Plankton posted:

So I should use my rank 4 ticket on one of the harder-to-rank-up characters like Nico or Shulk, right? Just hold onto it until they need it?

I think it expires eventually. You can check in your inventory.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am bringing it.

7% will net me 180 crystals if I can somehow maintain for 4 days without playing... Oh god.

So this was new: I played against a Throot in TL Battle and was dominating...but then Throot starts healing.

And healing.

And healing.

So I defeat him.

Yeah Throot is super annoying when he does that. I was wondering if it was a glitch at first.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I've never fought throot, so this could be totally wrong, but I read somewhere that you can pull him out of the healing circle to short circuit that effect.

I just never fight a throot though, because I'm a coward.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I've been playing this game for a bit. Just need two more BIOS to 6* my warwolve dude.

I left my other pubbie guild but can't apply to Doctor goons till tomorrow because of the cool down.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Do you like Nico? If so you should rank her up since she's hard as gently caress to level. At rank 5 she gets a clone skill which helps a gently caress load with survivability and damage, just like every clone skill. They are usually rank 6 abilities.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

I've never fought throot, so this could be totally wrong, but I read somewhere that you can pull him out of the healing circle to short circuit that effect.

I just never fight a throot though, because I'm a coward.

The healing is while he is in the circle, but the self rez is his rank 4 skill.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Drythe posted:

Do you like Nico? If so you should rank her up since she's hard as gently caress to level. At rank 5 she gets a clone skill which helps a gently caress load with survivability and damage, just like every clone skill. They are usually rank 6 abilities.

I don't have her yet but I want to pick her up. If the tickets have an expiration date then I should probably use it on someone I already have though.

But she seems cool from the test room mode thing.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I want Carnage, either as a skin for Venom or his own character. Also, a Doppelganger skin for Spider-Man would be pretty cool.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So is there any option besides MODOK for my first 3* pull?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

vulturesrow posted:

So is there any option besides MODOK for my first 3* pull?

Doc Ock is really rad and I like him

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Don't waste a 3* selector on modok or ultron or any hero who is super easy to farm. Get doc oc and then get the superior spiderman skin. It changes doc entirely and makes him play differently. he's really fun.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Drythe posted:

Don't waste a 3* selector on modok or ultron or any hero who is super easy to farm. Get doc oc and then get the superior spiderman skin. It changes doc entirely and makes him play differently. he's really fun.

I have no idea who is and isn't hard to farm. :(

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

vulturesrow posted:

I have no idea who is and isn't hard to farm. :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/FutureFight/comments/3olmww/how_hard_are_various_characters_to_farm/

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Really awesome guide. Shame I just 4 star Angela :/

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Really awesome guide. Shame I just 4 star Angela :/

And I'm regretting converting all those selectors I mentioned earlier for Angela ones since I already had her at 3 :(

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So is most everyone focusing on 2 or 3 of each type to level and skill up or what?

I'm realizing between 4 star wasp, sister grim, 3 stars Modok, lash, iron man plus multiple 1 star people I have way to many blast
Is there any reason for me not to just focus on say wasp, sg and Modok?
Modok is relatively farmable in comparison

Also pulled a 3 star war wolf from my daily and hot drat he is cool

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I'm making a 3* Battleworld Team, a Main team, and then leveling up a couple extra Supervillain/specific gendered characters so I can meet restrictions. Mainly focusing on main team/3* Battleworld currently tho

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy
I applied to Doctor Goons as dabre aiamim.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

On the one hand you want a broad selection of dudes and ladies for all the battleworlds, but on the other, you want 6 stars to go deep in villain siege, timeline, etc. You'll want both eventually of course.

Also getting people to 4 stars lets you level them to 50, which gets you crystals.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
A 4 star (or higher) character is also needed for Team-Up play, if you're into that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The best way I've found is to have a main three in the beginning. You focus on leveling, raising rank, raising master, ISO leveling, gear leveling, and buying a costume with those crystals. You want a good main team to go deep into PVP to get those sweet, sweet crystals. I know it sucks but forget the 4-6 star Battleworld until you max your main three or get them to the point that it is very slow to move them forward. Everyone else you want to try and three star and begin leveling to 45. Save those nord stones for your main three. You then want pick 4 guys that are good alternatives to fill gaps in your team and are good to have as the one hitters that you can call in for PVP.

This is what I've been doing and it seems to work well, but play with how your comfortable.

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
applied to Doctor Goons as tenaciousduy

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
Okay, normally I just rush head first in and sort things out after I have enough of a base to do so, but due to the nature of this game and the emptiness of my wallet, that isn't possible. So, a couple questions.

Who is a good base to get to higher ranks first? I have the farming spreadsheet open just wondering out of let's say the 20 easiest to farm, who would have the least issues.

Assuming that I wanted to get Superior Spider-man for Ock, would he then be better to keep low rank for Battleworld, or still better to rank up?

As for the first question, I've done a good bit of reading and know that Ultron is both easy to farm and good. I just know from my almost a week so far that I need to focus my farming a bit or I'm going to get nowhere, and opinions if not fact would still help.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Deciding between Rocket and Daisy for a free blaster.

Also, best way to earn crystals is doing the pvp? gently caress fighting 3 bosses at once. What the hell game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

So basically I made all the wrong choices

Cool

• Locked thread