Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

What brave new reality have I awoken to, where not only has Gio Corsi secured us Yakuza 5, but now Yakuza 0 with a physical release even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

I really want to play Y5 but I really don't want to use my PS3 anymore

decisions

We're slowly getting PS2 compatability for the PS4. Maybe one day we'll get PS3 compatability too?

That awful streaming service doesn't count.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Captain Novolin posted:

I finally pre-ordered Yakuza 5. Now I have to burn through a paper before tuesday so i can play all day.

Same. Just finished one. One last one to go. I also have to dig up my PS3 and hook it up.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

havenwaters posted:

SEGA @SEGA 49m49 minutes ago
We know the Yakuza series is loved by all its fans in Europe but unfortunately at this time we're not able to confirm a Yakuza 0 EU release.

Well I guess they don't want to translate it into more than English but man.

edit: odd thing to put on twitter when the trailer has coming to North America and Europe though. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVfXeiGUEAATB8D.jpg:large

gently caress, don't do this to me Sega.

At least I can import if the worst comes to the worst.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gio Corsi is a north American hero.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Man, I want 1&2 HD, but it just hit me it might be much easier for them to slap Yakuza 1 & 2 PS2 through this new emulator thing and let us play those games again that way. I'd buy.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Did HD change the combat? because that's probably the only kinda heinous part of 1.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

mikeycp posted:

Did HD change the combat? because that's probably the only kinda heinous part of 1.

Yeah HD improved the combat a bit among other things.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I can't believe I'm going to finally have to buy a PS4. God damnit.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Arbite posted:

I'd buy a PS4 for more Yakuza. Hell, that's why I bought a PS3.

And done.

*edit*

Arbite posted:

People, give up, it's never coming out in English...

This crow is delicious.

Arbite posted:

... just buy it now, you'll be glad you did.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

This is just the best news.

I've sat on my PS4 for like two years now, with just about no games ('cept Japanese Yakuza games...) but 0 and new Ace Combat? I knew it'd be worth it some day!

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
This is the best thing ever, seeing the DOAX3 and their ilk suffer seeing how they will be denied fanservice games in the future while we get one of the best games from Japan.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

gyrobot posted:

This is the best thing ever, seeing the DOAX3 and their ilk suffer seeing how they will be denied fanservice games in the future while we get one of the best games from Japan.

Surprise, it's all the same people

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Pre-load for Yakuza 5 pre-orders is live in the NA store. File size is around 23 GB, which means you'll need at least 46 GB of free hard drive space before you can download and install it.

Going by the new end date for the pre-order discount, this might be available Tuesday midnight Eastern / Monday 9pm Pacific.

As of now, Yakuza 5 is not in the EU store. it was promised to come out on the same week with a launch-week discount.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Yechezkel posted:

Pre-load for Yakuza 5 pre-orders is live in the NA store. File size is around 23 GB, which means you'll need at least 46 GB of free hard drive space before you can download and install it.

Going by the new end date for the pre-order discount, this might be available Tuesday midnight Eastern / Monday 9pm Pacific.

As of now, Yakuza 5 is not in the EU store. it was promised to come out on the same week with a launch-week discount.

Yesss. I need to finish Fallout in the next 48 hours.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Oh my God, I'm downloading Yakuza 5.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

man nurse posted:

I'm buying a PlayStation 4.

I'm buying Gio Corsi a nice fruit basket.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Holy poo poo, according to my receipt, I'll be able to play this tomorrow night at 9.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Since I'm downloading it digitally will I be robbed of an awesome install screen?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrkG-ew3QUg

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Yeah, I believe the lack of install screen was confirmed during one of the streams.

Also holy poo poo I'm downloading Yakuza 5!!! and Yakuza 5 is front and center on the PS3 Store!! Don't wake me up from this dream.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yakuza 5 is on my PS3. What a time to be alive.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Still no preorder in Europe, to no one's surprise. Heck the psn entry hasn't even been updated from the old "disc-only" Dec '14 place holder entry.

Don't make me buy on my American account Sega, it's a big hassle.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Crappy Jack posted:

Oh my God, I'm downloading Yakuza 5.

I'm playing an HD version of FF7 while Yakuza 5 downloads to my PS3. It's like teenage me jumped into the future. I also took today and tomorrow off just to use up some vacation days I forgot about. Good accidental timing by me!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm thinking of importing Ishin, is there any good translation guides to use for it?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I did it, I bought a PS4. Look what you've done Sony.

Preloading Yakuza 5 now. What an amazing life.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'm thinking of importing Ishin, is there any good translation guides to use for it?

http://www.khhsubs.com/projectsrggishin.html and having a good sense of language and learning. It's worth writing down characters on paper, the KHH guide is incomplete when it comes to equipment but it'll do. I lost links to some sweet Japanese wikis listing everything and crafting. I know the game pretty well, can help you out if there's anything else.

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?
Normally I borrow a PS3 to play through the Yakuzas but I find myself without this time. It seems a bit ridiculous to buy a console for the express purpose of playing one game (two if you cout Dead Souls) but you gotta do what you gotta do. Now to wait for a sale on used.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Heads up if you have a 40 gig PS3, you will not be able to download and install Yakuza 5

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Had to delete stuff in order to get Yakuza 5 on, but it's downloaded and ready for the unlock now.

If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I know a lot of you played the Japanese version of 5; are there any changes from 4 that I need to know Before I Play? Nothing too spoilery, just little stuff that might throw me off, or skills that are essential to buy ASAP, or early game substories that look dumb but give really good rewards. I know nothing has really been missable since 4, and Dead Souls added substory markers to the map.

E: also, any hot tips for the dance battles? I don't play a lot of rhythm games, are they hard at all? Besides the inevitable Amon-chan encounter.

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 7, 2015

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I had to delete everything on my PS3, but I'm dl-ing Yak5. Gonna play Mahjong all day, erry day.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I still can't believe this. Look how far we've come. From lamenting that we'd never get Yakuza 3. It's astounding and heartwarming how much momentum the fanbase has given this franchise in the west. Every time, I'm blown away that we're getting one of the games. Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Dead Souls, each time less likely than the last. And now we have a one two punch of not only Yakuza 5, but fucken Zero.

What an agonizing yet incredibly satisfying journey these Yakuza threads have been. We fuckin did it, guys.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I'm tempted to be like "But what about Ishin?", but at this point it'd be like me having a Victoria's Secret model ask me to take her home, and then pushing for a threeway with her sister.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm tempted to be like "But what about Ishin?", but at this point it'd be like me having a Victoria's Secret model ask me to take her home, and then pushing for a threeway with her sister.
Ishin isn't very good, really. Maybe if they had left out the guns and a few other things it would have been okay, but drat it had a lot of stuff that got in the way of my enjoyment.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

:goonsay: and also the Yakuza 1+2 ports to the Wii U that could have reinvigorated interest to the franchise

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Just wanna stop by and say this is the best gaming news I've heard in a long time. Long live Kazuma Kiryu!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

:goonsay: and also the Yakuza 1+2 ports to the Wii U that could have reinvigorated interest to the franchise

If anything I expect the Yakuza 1 remake to possibly come out in the West to drum up more interest.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Been watching Jamesman's LP in preparation. I forgot how many fucks were in the original Yakuza, it's hilarious how hard they tried to be gritty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

PS3 is hooked up and installing updates then it's time to preload. I can't believe this is actually happening.

• Locked thread